What Version Do You Intend To Buy

• Limited Collectors Edition

Votes: 223 68.2%
  • Standard Edition

Votes: 61 18.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 43 13.1%

• Total voters
Honestly I thought GT5's draw distance were kinda odd at times. On Le Sarthe pop-up is way more apparent than it was in FM3 too me. Especially on that long straight with the turns to break up the long straight.

I wasn't talking about graphical popup that yes can happen in games. The actual distance of objects now is more realistic and similar to other racing games. For me FM had a kinda zoomed perspective, just look at the clips of the Suzuka straight as an example.

I wasn't talking about graphical popup that yes can happen in games. The actual distance of objects now is more realistic and similar to other racing games. For me FM had a kinda zoomed perspective, just look at the clips of the Suzuka straight as an example.

I guess I never really noticed. I'm too busy looking not to crash. lol.

As a sign of things to come, I reckon the bumpiness of the Nurb GP DLC shows they will at least add some bumps to other tracks, including fantasy ones.

Come on now. I would have thought Kaz would never put out a game where only a handful of cars would have a dashboard either but he did. No reason to think he wouldn't "take liberties" with a track either.
700 cars that he didn't have time to track down & model are one thing. 1 of the most historic racing courses in the world that Kaz. has personally driven numerous times is another. They spend months at these courses taking pictures of the smallest things.

If the 'Ring in GT5 isn't 100% accurate, I'll bet it's 98% accurate then only because it's off by the tiniest margins.

As a sign of things to come, I reckon the bumpiness of the Nurb GP DLC shows they will at least add some bumps to other tracks, including fantasy ones.

I really REALLY hope so. That track is so fun with the added bumps. And to be honest , the New York track should be very bumpy and have some undulations going on. I know that area of NY they're trying to represent and it's NOWHERE near as smooth as they have it in the game.

You know, I have to admit I'm impressed with Turn10 on this one. When I heard it'd feature 500 cars, I was thinking "well, that's pretty much FM3 with the DLC cars," but it's more than that. Seems like there will be a lot of new in there. Probably lookin' to fill up that second disc...Or maybe looking to fill up a third disc. Although....with FM3 the second disc was purely vehicle data.

I can't wait to see how the Warthog does around Sebring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X28rcv01GS8

A comparison of the FM4 Nuburgring GP vs real thing.

I noticed allot of background stuff was out of place. In Forza they had trees in certain areas where in real life there was no tress at all in those spots. Only thing I saw with the track itself was on the Forza version there was allot of rubber on the track and in real life there was hardly any. Also if you look at the outside of the corner at 1:11 in the video, the sand goes all the way around the corner and down some of the straight in real life and in Forza it stops half way through and changes to grass. Although I did find some inaccuracies I think they are kind of minor. Just my take on what I noticed as far as differences.

There's a "jump" on the back part of the track that isn't nearly as sharp in real life. It was pretty wicked in GT4, but in GT5, it's tame. And in FM3, it's evil, again...although, it seemed like in GT4, you dropped just before a sharp corner, forcing you to break in order to make the corner...and in Forza...you can power through the drop with plenty of time to break.

There's a "jump" on the back part of the track that isn't nearly as sharp in real life. It was pretty wicked in GT4, but in GT5, it's tame. And in FM3, it's evil, again...although, it seemed like in GT4, you dropped just before a sharp corner, forcing you to break in order to make the corner...and in Forza...you can power through the drop with plenty of time to break.

Are you talking about the Nordschliefe? There's no 'jump' on the GP track...

You do realise then that the above conversation was regarding the GP track and no one had mentioned the Nordschliefe, hence why I just wanted to be sure there wasn't something I'd missed on the GP track :P

You do realise then that the above conversation was regarding the GP track and no one had mentioned the Nordschliefe, hence why I just wanted to be sure there wasn't something I'd missed on the GP track :P

Then yall need to say "Nurburgring GP" 'cause, when I hear "Nurburgring" I'm thinkin' Nordschlief. And I didn't see "GP" Anywhere on the page.

You know what, I'm just gonna leave the Forza forum 'cause apparently, I can't say anything without it turning into a big argument or someone yelling at me. I could say that Forza's the greatest game in the world and some one would have to yell at me for it.

I think the track surface on Forza 3 Nurb GP is the best in the series so far.

Hope they continue the trend in F4.

Track surface? What do you mean by that?

Also, a couple guys from the online racing series side of GTP are planning on branching out our successful Spec Miata series (Flyin' Miata Super Cup) into Forza 4's online mode. Just wondering if anyone here planning on playing lots of Forza 4 online would be interested in joining up 👍

Wardez
Track surface? What do you mean by that?

What it says on the tin really.

Most surfaces in F3 are smooth. There are elevation changes granted but smooth ones.

The DLC Nurb GT track changed that phenomenon by introducing bumps and off cambers.

Sure looking at the track looked smooth but when driving along a straight you would feel bumps in the same places.

A friend off mine had a Viper store tune and he couldn't run the circuit with it.
The ride height was set to minimum and with damage enabled he would wreck his suspension.

I was impressed with this circuit but it wasn't incorporated into the offline career unfortunately.

Have you run it at all?

Whoah there buddy. lol. While the Nordschleife is definitely different in FM3 the GP tracks are practically identical in both games. There are a few areas that are slightly different but on a whole they are practically the same track. I run the GP track to death in Forza and I ran it to death in GT5 and they are practically identical as far as the track goes. They may have different scenery and what not but as far as the actual part you race on they're the same. The one thing that really disappointed me is when coming out the Ford curve in GT5's version it's pretty smooth. When coming out the Ford curve in FM3's version it's very bumpy there. When I first popped in GT5 I was really looking forward to that when I was approaching that turn then when I went through it and about half way down the straight I was left a "that was it?" feeling.

I can soon call the Nurburgring GP and Nordschleife my home track since i've raced on it professionally since beginning of 2010...

My next race will be on the 30 July but if you check my latest video (at the end of the video will be my quickest lap onboard) you can so easily tell that the FM3 GP track is not as accurate as the GT version. (no im not a fanboy! i use these game as a training tool thats it) I played FM3 and the turns on GP and Nordschleife are way too smooth and the distances between corners are too long. Both game, FM and GT arent 100% accurate but to be honest, i used the Nurburgring type V layout to practise the ideal line for my real life race season... and it helped alot!
Minute 8:52 my onboard lap starts which was the fastest lap of my team "8'40.7**

Last edited:
Unfortunately my iPhone will not allow me to view.

Well done though Chris I envy you.

Nice video Chris.
Look at 11:00 minutes he's about to overtake a Gran turismo gtr, is that kaz's one??
Also i find the nurbring in fm3 less accurate and less bumpy.
When i want too attack the ring i always boot gt5.

This said i'm hoping for an more accurate rind in fm4, im going for limited edition, soo hoping this one give's me more satisfaction than fm3, that game became boring really fast, okay i still played more than 300 hours on it :P

Then yall need to say "Nurburgring GP" 'cause, when I hear "Nurburgring" I'm thinkin' Nordschlief. And I didn't see "GP" Anywhere on the page.

You know what, I'm just gonna leave the Forza forum 'cause apparently, I can't say anything without it turning into a big argument or someone yelling at me. I could say that Forza's the greatest game in the world and some one would have to yell at me for it.

You make very good comments/observations in the forums so stick around here! :)

The poster and the vid states GP and no one was yelling at you or trying to start an argument. I believe they were just asking for clarification.

Yeah I know that from an german "GT" forum. In the FM section I only wrote "I hope the Nordschleife will be better than in FM3 because the version in FM3 was more an fictional track than the original NS, I´m hyped and hope FM4 will be a great game"... Even the mods sent me to hell... :ouch:

They did....
If you had read the posts, this was the origin of the discussion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X28rcv01GS8

A comparison of the FM4 Nuburgring GP vs real thing.

The 2 replies that came before your post about the "jump" even quoted this one.

Lets just all get along eh. :)

To be honest yes Id like good reneditions of all the real tracks including "Nordschlief". Indeed improvements should be made over previous versions. However am I alone in being maybe more excited about the game having new interesting tracks or even possible road routes as driving challenges?

Like come on just look at this as an example.
GxtBM.jpg

If Porsche was there, I bet they would of flash it all over in first batch of screenshot. After All Porsche is big seller for this game since its missing in GT5.

NoxNoctis Umbra
If Porsche was there, I bet they would of flash it all over in first batch of screenshot. After All Porsche is big seller for this game since its missing in GT5.

For the millionth time, T10 is restricted from using Porsche in promotional videos due to a licensing agreement with EA.

Last edited:
Back