What Version Do You Intend To Buy

• Limited Collectors Edition

Votes: 223 68.2%
  • Standard Edition

Votes: 61 18.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 43 13.1%

• Total voters
I love FM3's menu design. It's clean, clear, professional looking and user friendly. For me it's the benchmark that other games should copy.

The 'rival' game's menus look cluttered and archaic in comparison, and take an age to navigate.

I don't see them changing the color of the menu as some admission of guilt or anything. I see it as every Forza before it. They simply changed the look of the menu, or in this case decided to spice it up by merely changing the colors. For all we know these aren't even the final menus. They could just be showing us this now and whip something new out to completely fool us.

zr1chris

Thanks for that update so 66 is with all the DLC cars for FM3.
Would be good to strike off the ones we have discovered for FM4
So still at least 14 new ones to discover.

The Bungie /Halo buggy seems to be one of the new ones.

madwi
Pretty much have to agree with your comments.
While Im not going to get dragged into having an opinon this game will just be awesome/perfection and defend it blindingly. Too often in the past games have not lived upto the hype and expectations we put on them. I do however see many really good improvements and things to get excited about FM4.

I really like how they are using Kinect and giving us new ways to improve the genre. Even the voice menus seem realy cool. However it would be even better if you could select cars this way. Imagine saying "Ferrari" and all the Ferrari cars appearing. Or saying "4WD" / "RWD" / "2WD". Possibilities for something thats so simple yet so effective would be superb.

Last edited:
I really like how they are using Kinect and giving us new ways to improve the genre. Even the voice menus seem realy cool. However it would be even better if you could select cars this way. Imagine saying "Ferrari" and all the Ferrari cars appearing. Or saying "4WD" / "RWD" / "2WD". Possibilities for something thats so simple yet so effective would be superb.

I'm waiting to see if the kinect head tracking is actually useful or not before purchasing it. If it does work well, I can see that as a great tool to make the driving feel more natural and closer to the way I drive IRL. To me those are the types of things that keep my head in the game and keeps me playing for hours.
Using voice commands to select cars by manufacturer or type... :drool: 👍

Forza Motorsport 4 Week in Review 7/1

Read the Update HERE Not a great deal of info this week and it goes more into the Nurburgring 24Hr and BMW car launches. Should we get excited about racing the ring at night being a possibility and with a new remodelled track?

See "First Page" for some other videos updated...

Last edited:
Didn't they claim they had laser scanned the tracks for FM3? And laser scanning doesn't mean that T10 doesn't change what they scanned, afterwards :indiff:

Didn't they claim they had laser scanned the tracks for FM3? And laser scanning doesn't mean that T10 doesn't change what they scanned, afterwards :indiff:

If they laser scanned nordschleife, their scanner was probably broken that day. It's so inaccurate.

I think the old tracks will be like the cars. They will reuse all the assets and do minor upgrades here and there, but it won't be until FM5 when we'll see them redo the tracks from scratch. Nordschleife is too massive to get a complete overhaul this time around. I hope I am wrong. :yuck:

I'll use it, but only because that's all you'll get if you want to play with the game's content. I've gotten to the point where I recognize & know all the parts of the track, but it feels so off in Forza compared to any other game I've played with the 'Ring in it. Even PGR2 seemed like a better rendition & it wasn't any closer.

I must be the only one who likes the Forza Nurb.

No , your not. And there's a reason why you do. Turn 10 took liberties with the original to encourage more racing. I like the authentic Ring but between that and Turn10's rendition the Forza one is much more of a "racing" version of the track.

To be honest, I can't notice much of a difference between COM8's rFactor mod (one of the most highly rated and most commonly converted) and FM3's Ring.

Closest I've been to the German border is France, so I've no bar to measure against. Couldn't tell you how off any of "The Ring" is in any of the games.

To be honest, I can't notice much of a difference between COM8's rFactor mod (one of the most highly rated and most commonly converted) and FM3's Ring.
Uhm... FM3's 'Ring is, at certain parts, roughly twice, or even two and a half times as wide as the real 'Ring. That thing is friggin' massive. If you don't notice much of a difference, I'd say that the rFactor mod is no good...
Anyways, if there's one single thing GT has over Forza, it is the accurate Nordschleife. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for an accurate version this time around.

No , your not. And there's a reason why you do. Turn 10 took liberties with the original to encourage more racing. I like the authentic Ring but between that and Turn10's rendition the Forza one is much more of a "racing" version of the track.
See, as much as I like most of T10 decisions, I really can't say I'm keen on thos one, even though people are commonly claiming that it improves the racing on the 'Ring.
I for one, disagree with that. First of, racing on the 'Ring is something special and being so narrow and just tough in general is one of the primary appeals of that track.
And as far as the racing goes... Well, it is a bit different from most tracks, especially as it's not suited to overtake 10 Ai drivers in a single lap.

But, if a track doesn't come with those quirks and features, it shouldn't be called Nordschleife. Granted, I'm a bit of a Nordschleife maniac, so it is bothering me more than most peeople...
In Shift 2, for example, I don't even touch the track because, frankly, I find it revolting to see it being mutilated like that.

Having a porper 'Ring would be the biggest improvement over FM3 that FM4 could ever get.

Uhm... FM3's 'Ring is, at certain parts, roughly twice, or even two and a half times as wide as the real 'Ring. That thing is friggin' massive. If you don't notice much of a difference, I'd say that the rFactor mod is no good...
Anyways, if there's one single thing GT has over Forza, it is the accurate Nordschleife. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for an accurate version this time around.

Dude thats an Urban Myth. Its not that wider or longer that Gt's version. I just went over it and was struggling too pass Rossi. I think your talking about the PGR version wich was "friggin massive" I do prefer the GT5 one but i think that msot due too the good suspension physics.

the Fov trick is on so no camera shake for the forza vid.

Now compare sounds.

Presumably if they scanned it and then widened it for LIVE use, they kept the original...

Dude thats an Urban Myth. Its not that wider or longer that Gt's version. I just went over it and was struggling too pass Rossi. I think your talking about the PGR version wich was "friggin massive" I do prefer the GT5 one but i think that msot due too the good suspension physics.
Look at Aremberg, the Fuchsröhre that's following it and the Adenauer Forst. The difference is very easy to spot, even if you're just watching a Youtube video. The difference when driving thhe track itself is far more noticible. And especially at Adenauer Forst, you can see just how much they widened the 'Ring. Yuk.

Now compare sounds.
We all know that FM blows GT out of the water when it comes to sound, right? 👍

Presumably if they scanned it and then widened it for LIVE use, they kept the original...
I sure hope so. They could, of course, implement both versions... Like the steering mode.

trust me when i tell you that the nurburging gp and nordschleife in FM3 and by the looks of it in FM4 are nowhere close to the real track. like someone already mentioned, you may get more/exiting racing since its wider and smoother, but regarding realism... its far far away

It took PD a lot of time and resources to get the nurb to that level.

I know T10 work fast to bring us 2 yearly updates so I am not expecting much really.

Good job I'm not a huge fan of the Nurb myself but I know a lot of you are.

I'm pretty sure if T10 were to focus on that track at the cost of other areas of the game they could equal GT.

Edit.

Could really do with some Forza tidbits to discuss now.

How long to the next proper showing of Forza?

Last edited:
I don't know what the second to right is but the last icon represents a "dirty lap" time. I think only drafting times though. Not exactly sure but I do know it's dirty lap time for the last one.
The circle one is different as it used to be a paperclip saying your ghost replay was saved as being top 100. It may be the same thing just a different icon.

Not sure if somebody has mentioned what the second icon in from the right is, but if it's the same as previous FM games it lets you know who has posted a replay and who hasn't. You have the hassle of having to quit to the dashboard in order not to post a replay as the scoreboard updates your lap times before backing out to the main menu. In other words they don't allow the game to save the ghost so others can't copy their builds or tunes. There's always arguments about people doing this on the FM site.

Hope you all understand this, in a bit of a hurry so explaining quickly :)

FM4 tracks seem to be improved or remodelled in general.
One major difference I noticed is that FM4 has as Dan alluded to a much longer draw distance than FM3.

They deffo have it seems now matched GT5 in that department.

Dude thats an Urban Myth. Its not that wider or longer that Gt's version.
No, it's not.

Even the developers have admitted that they widened the track in-game for online play. I think anyone with common sense knows Kazunori would never do that for the sake of accuracy.
As far as length, yep, it's longer too. Again, a result of the developers having to widened the track as they felt it would be too narrow for online racing.

You're in serious denial if you believe Forza is actually that close to GT's, which is regarded as probably the closest, accurate representation of the 'Ring in a game.

McLaren
I think anyone with common sense knows Kazunori would never do that for the sake of accuracy.

I agree with your comments but I challenge anyone to figure out Kaz's brain lol.

trust me when i tell you that the nurburging gp and nordschleife in FM3 and by the looks of it in FM4 are nowhere close to the real track. like someone already mentioned, you may get more/exiting racing since its wider and smoother, but regarding realism... its far far away
Whoah there buddy. lol. While the Nordschleife is definitely different in FM3 the GP tracks are practically identical in both games. There are a few areas that are slightly different but on a whole they are practically the same track. I run the GP track to death in Forza and I ran it to death in GT5 and they are practically identical as far as the track goes. They may have different scenery and what not but as far as the actual part you race on they're the same. The one thing that really disappointed me is when coming out the Ford curve in GT5's version it's pretty smooth. When coming out the Ford curve in FM3's version it's very bumpy there. When I first popped in GT5 I was really looking forward to that when I was approaching that turn then when I went through it and about half way down the straight I was left a "that was it?" feeling.

FM4 tracks seem to be improved or remodelled in general.
One major difference I noticed is that FM4 has as Dan alluded to a much longer draw distance than FM3.

They deffo have it seems now matched GT5 in that department.

Honestly I thought GT5's draw distance were kinda odd at times. On Le Sarthe pop-up is way more apparent than it was in FM3 too me. Especially on that long straight with the turns to break up the long straight.

Please keep posts of detailed comparisons or differences in opinions of each game franchise for the appropriate thread created.

It is simple guys, this thread is for Forza 4 so by all means if making comparisons then lets look at how FM4 has moved on over past T10 development with previous Forza games.

No, it's not.

Even the developers have admitted that they widened the track in-game for online play. I think anyone with common sense knows Kazunori would never do that for the sake of accuracy.
As far as length, yep, it's longer too. Again, a result of the developers having to widened the track as they felt it would be too narrow for online racing.

You're in serious denial if you believe Forza is actually that close to GT's, which is regarded as probably the closest, accurate representation of the 'Ring in a game.
Come on now. I would have thought Kaz would never put out a game where only a handful of cars would have a dashboard either but he did. No reason to think he wouldn't "take liberties" with a track either.

EDIT:
Please keep posts of detailed comparisons or differences in opinions of each game franchise for the appropriate thread created.

It is simple guys, this thread is for Forza 4 so by all means if making comparisons then lets look at how FM4 has moved on over past T10 development with previous Forza games.

Cool, I hear you. You know how it is though when you read something and you're like "What is this guy talking about?" lol.

Back