Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Where dreams are Realised

• Thread starter phillgt2002
  • 1,397 comments
We've "given them time" 3 times already and not once have they delivered.
What the previous games had is irrelevant.

Night racing and weather might as well be confirmed to be out at this point.
It seems apparent the people wanting to know about these 2 features lack the function of the brain that dictates logic. T10 is not going to confirm such 2 wanted features so soon.

We might as well dictate that there's no car customization either since the release today didn't make a mention of it. :rolleyes:

Huh? Every post you made seemed like it was 100% playstation, not once did it look like you were considering the other.
This. Not once did he post in here today when they showed the updates to FM5. As soon as the PS4 price was announced, he was commenting on just how "burned" MS was in the console forum and then promptly hops over here to share his "decision" to go with Playstation.

Yeah, reading somethings on gaming forums as of late has just exhausted me.
lol that's why I stood away from the ps4 thread, some things said was just over the top. While I agree that PS3 didn't hold back on the bombardment, te negatives that most are talking about the XB1 aren't really that bad

As for the financial situation I agree. A $100 difference isn't much. You have to think about what you're actually getting in the package also. If I have the extra $100 then I'll be more than happy to use it.
I agree. They both seem to be going down the social/entertainment route so they seem to be even on those terms. From what I heard the PS4 has better hardware, I really don't have a clue though. They both sound good, and while the PS4 might have better hardware, I'm sure that its not going to be a humongous differenence. Both are going to look beautiful, and play in a similar fashion. I'm not going to make my choice until release dates are near.

I don't buy my games used that often so I don't have to worry and the internet connection fiasco is fine by me as long as I can atleast sign in every once and a while. It's not as bad as some people make it. It's just the fact that people don't want to read into things. They hear 'Price' and 'DRM' and their hopes get up. Mine aren't.
I'm in the same boat. I hardly bought used games, the majority of the time it was games that I once owned, and rebought. I was impulsive with selling my games after I had them for to long. Either way that saves me from getting ripped off by GameStop. As for the Internet, every single time I turn on my Xbox I was connected to te net so it doesn't bother me one bit.

Also, if I do get an Xbox One I'm not paying for the XBL often or at all. I've put too much money into the 360's online.
Oh boy do I agree with this. Only time I'm going to do it is when I get an online game. Hopefully there are some nice rpg's in the works, that would for sure take away from my online time. My last year of xbl that I bought, I probably only used about 5 months of it.

Huh? Every post you made seemed like it was 100% playstation, not once did it look like you were considering the other.

This. Not once did he post in here today when they showed the updates to FM5. As soon as the PS4 price was announced, he was commenting on just how "burned" MS was in the console forum and then promptly hops over here to share his "decision" to go with Playstation.

Humph, feels like I'm not very welcome in this forum, of course. u_u I would have commented on the XBone, if it wasn't for all those HORRIFIC restrictions which is why I didn't bothered. Forza 5 honestly looks really good, and read on what it had. I thought about wanting to get it, but thanks to the XBONE, I'm afraid not.

Why do you two even care if I come in here or not, rather RUDE if you ask me. And HAL20XX, not being rude, but mind your own business and don't get easily offensive, thank you... Have fun getting both consoles, because that's A LOT of money you're spending on for games. "I'm getting both, I win".... -_-

EDIT: And even if I said anything good about Forza 5, you two will probably have a problem with my post thinking I'm sarcastic......

Last edited:
Horrific restrictions that are so outlandish as connecting a console for an online check, the same way you connect everyday to check your tweets, facebook, etc.

But what can we say, we got " creamed " because PS4 is launching a 100 dollars cheaper, yet it now requires to pay for PSN, which let's be honest, while the value is great, not many people were plus subscribers, compared to the 70 million psn accounts.

Today solidified my purchase of an XB1, nothing outside PS4 price, swayed me in a different way about buying one. Second Son looked boss though, that facial tech was Godly.

Forza 5 was all I needed anyway, but all those cool looking games they showed today are added bonuses

I would like to remind all the posters in this forum and thread in particular that Gran Turismo 6 and Forza Motorsport 5 are video games.

I would like to remind all the posters in this forum and thread in particular that Gran Turismo 6 and Forza Motorsport 5 are video games.

Lol, our lives revolve around those video games. You're new here. Be careful in the barren wasteland called the 'vs' threads :lol:

Horrific restrictions that are so outlandish as connecting a console for an online check, the same way you connect everyday to check your tweets, facebook, etc.

But what can we say, we got " creamed " because PS4 is launching a 100 dollars cheaper, yet it now requires to pay for PSN, which let's be honest, while the value is great, not many people were plus subscribers, compared to the 70 million psn accounts.

Today solidified my purchase of an XB1, nothing outside PS4 price, swayed me in a different way about buying one. Second Son looked boss though, that facial tech was Godly.

Forza 5 was all I needed anyway, but all those cool looking games they showed today are added bonuses

Lol. Yeah it does suck that PS4 now has to be payed to play online, will miss free online play but I can live without it for single player hopefully. Also it's great that you can play offline on the PS4, which is a plus and sadly on X1 you won't be unable too. :\

Anyway I did not come in here to get into the whole console crap or anything just because I agreed with somebody only on X1... Forza 5 honestly looks really good, but it seriously needs night and weather. Drivatar didn't really amaze me all that much since it was in the first Forza...

Must hear more info soon. Since SOME PEOPLE have an issue with me posting here, I don't care what they say. I can post where ever I want here on GTP so they can DEAL WITH IT.

+1 Nice. 👍

Humph, feels like I'm not very welcome in this forum, of course. u_u I would have commented on the XBone, if it wasn't for all those HORRIFIC restrictions which is why I didn't bothered. Forza 5 honestly looks really good, and read on what it had. I thought about wanting to get it, but thanks to the XBONE, I'm afraid not.
I would say the same thing no mater what post it was in, it just happened to be this one. You don't like it and that's fine, but really, you never seemed liked you where swayed to XB1 one bit. That being said it just seems like your posts is just there, kind of like that guy who changes his opinion depending on who he's talking to.

Why do you two even care if I come in here or not, rather RUDE if you ask me. And HAL20XX, not being rude, but mind your own business and don't get easily offensive, thank you... Have fun getting both consoles, because that's A LOT of money you're spending on for games. "I'm getting both, I win".... -_-
lol, I don't care where you go and never even implied it. It's a public forum, do what you want. What you need to stop doing is throwing hissy fits when someone reply's to your posts'. Only one getting easily offensive here is you.

If he can buy both consoles, why is it a problem to you?

EDIT: And even if I said anything good about Forza 5, you two will probably have a problem with my post thinking I'm sarcastic......
Why? I'm taking you seriously, I'm just saying you seem to be agressive in one thread, then jump to another and try to act like the reasonable guy.

Must hear more info soon. Since SOME PEOPLE have an issue with me posting here, I don't care what they say. I can post where ever I want here on GTP so they can DEAL WITH IT.
Lol, your a funny guy, No one ever implied as much. Exactly agree with this 100%, though. Deal with my post Toko because they aren't going anywhere.

Last edited:
Yeah, reading somethings on gaming forums as of late has just exhausted me.

As for the financial situation I agree. A $100 difference isn't much. You have to think about what you're actually getting in the package also. If I have the extra $100 then I'll be more than happy to use it.

I don't buy my games used that often so I don't have to worry and the internet connection fiasco is fine by me as long as I can atleast sign in every once and a while. It's not as bad as some people make it. It's just the fact that people don't want to read into things. They hear 'Price' and 'DRM' and their hopes get up. Mine aren't.

Also, if I do get an Xbox One I'm not paying for the XBL often or at all. I've put too much money into the 360's online.

I didn't mention this in my earlier post, but even if I were okay with these things, I still would not get a Xbox One anytime soon simply because Fanatec wheels most likely will not work with it. That to me is the biggest deal breaker. I got my CSR and other equipment last summer. I think it would be riduculous to dump my Fanatec so soon, just for one game and having to buy a Thrustmaster wheel on top of it if I want the best exprience. If by some miracle, Fanatecs work with the One, I may reconsider. But this news about 360 accessories not working along with the Xbox One's restrictions leaves a bad taste in my mouth. With the current situation, I will happily keep playing FM4, Horizon, and soon GT6, for as long as I can.

Toko, you've done little to further ANY conversation in the FM boards. You're more than willing in the GT boards. If you're not blasting some feature of Forza or Microsoft, you're only parroting what some other poster said and not adding anything to the conversation.

Don't blame others for the perceptions they get regarding your posts. You're the one writing them. I have no problem with you being here, but I do take issue with your consistent negative comments that you rarely, if ever defend.

... So the sentiment here is that we are getting the same drivatar from OG Xbox? Yeah, because nothing has changed regarding tech in 10+ years and we are still using Motorola Razors.

Some of you guys believe too little but expect too much

I would say the same thing no mater what post it was in, it just happened to be this one. You don't like it and that's fine, but really, you never seemed liked you where swayed to XB1 one bit. That being said it just seems like your posts is just there, kind of like that guy who changes his opinion depending on who he's talking to.

Nope, one bit after all the news I've heard regarding the XB1, which is I've said nothing about it. I was speechless as to what MS has done, it was ridiculous...

lol, I don't care where you go and never even implied it. It's a public forum, do what you want. What you need to stop doing is throwing hissy fits when someone reply's to your posts'. Only one getting easily offensive here is you.

If he can buy both consoles, why is it a problem to you?

Yes, him getting both consoles is fine, 👍 to that. Sorry if I did sounded offensive but never thought of wanting to be one in the first place.

Why? I'm taking you seriously, I'm just saying you seem to be agressive in one thread, then jump to another and try to act like the reasonable guy.

Where or how am I acting aggressive in other threads, do you know any where I have, would like to know just in case.

Lol, your a funny guy, No one ever implied as much. Exactly agree with this 100%, though. Deal with my post Toko because they aren't going anywhere.

Ohh, did I make you laugh? :lol: Yeah I like to funny, gotta love it. ;) You got it too. 👍

Toko, you've done little to further ANY conversation in the FM boards. You're more than willing in the GT boards. If you're not blasting some feature of Forza or Microsoft, you're only parroting what some other poster said and not adding anything to the conversation.

Lol I'm being watched now huh. :lol: Sure, I quoted another poster regarding the X1, but than later I shared my thoughts on the newest news on Forza (which I just did today :sly:) if that's okay. I usually like to hangout in the GT boards yes, but that doesn't I don't come here to check out the news of Forza. I just don't really post here because fear of what I post may cause attention. :P

Don't blame others for the perceptions they get regarding your posts. You're the one writing them. I have no problem with you being here, but I do take issue with your consistent negative comments that you rarely, if ever defend.

Ohhh, I see. 💡 Looks like I'm gonna have to be more careful what I post than, but I never wanted to defend myself, lol. 👍

Oh, and on topic. The latest news on Forza 5 is great so far, hoping to see some photos of open-wheel cars. The race cars they're talking about is probably cars like the Caterham or some sort.

Ohhh, I see. 💡 Looks like I'm gonna have to be more careful what I post than, but I never wanted to defend myself, lol. 👍
It's responses like this that forces me to have a negative opinion of you.

I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but you come off as being very facetious. My bad if it's not your intent.

It's responses like this that forces me to have a negative opinion of you.

I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but you come off as being very facetious. My bad if it's not your intent.

Nope, wasn't intentional, nor being facetious, I mean it. :)

Hey guys just found some ingame footage, and i'm am very impressed with the interiors. Finally some light bathing the interior of the car. The lighting looks very very good. Seems the Prague track is not finished or polished yet as can be seen in some scenes.

Ps: Dat Lambo

068feba0-efba-4baf-997c-0bda3133f21f.jpg

Forzavista for all cars **** Yeah!!

Yeah, those videos are floating around in another post. So far I'm beyond impressed with the way the dash reflects on the inside of the windshield.

Yeah, those videos are floating around in another post. So far I'm beyond impressed with the way the dash reflects on the inside of the windshield.

YES, that is such a great addition and really adds to the realism of being inside the cockpit, as opposed to previous versions where it seemed there was no glass at all. What really sucks about all this, is there will be no demo for it!!! :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

Wow, that Aventador looks awesome!

I see they are still using the Forza tires though... I was hoping for different sidewalls this time around. I love how GT5 tires look.

Can anyone explain this? I think I understand what this means, but not entirely.

So in previous forza, there were 3 LOD models. Highest LOD model was Autovista, Middle LOD model was UI and the lowest level of detail model was in race. Now, there's just Autovista and UI model.

Latest Posts

Back