Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Where dreams are Realised

  • Thread starter Thread starter phillgt2002
  • 1,397 comments
  • 135,253 views
Holy crap is that smooth gameplay.
 
Dan Greenawalt: "What if my friends a griefer?" "Then he's going to grief" That means if your friend sucks then the AI driver is going to suck.
 
The windshield reflections (like PGR and Shift have had for years) greatly adds to the immersion, I'm glad they've finally included it!
 
There will be more details tonight on openwheel cars.!

This game is exciting. I can't wait.

No more auction house or storefront.. :( They do have a better system now though.

 
Last edited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbRTEWamCNQ

All cars have autovista!
UI LOD models on track.
Simulating Paint.
Updated Physics.
Really happy to read that. Was very disappointed with it in FM4 as I thought T10 had a ton of potential with it to showcase the cars in the game. Instead, it seemed to just show off mostly rare exotics & with only 1 or 2 cars added post-release.

Now, if they're going to be giving all the cars the option of what we're seeing in the "garage" shots that's a huge step forward in that 1 small area.👍
 
The reflections on the windshield are just sick
 

Yeah I was mistaken when I said PGR. I thought the series did starting with PGR3, but that's not the case. Shift 1 and Shift 2 both had them though, although they were not as good as what we are seeing here.

 
E3 vid with Dan G and Sessler

 
I was absolutely blown away by just how good Forza 5 looks. None of the videos I have seen do it justice, and there is no racing game which can compare with its visuals. When you see it in 1080p at 60 frames per second, it's just breathtaking.

However... I got about 4 minutes of gameplay in the McLaren P1 using the prototype Thrustmaster wheel, and was disappointed. It's hard to say or know if it was this wheel or the game's physics, but the car felt "floaty" and somewhat disconnected from the road. I got a bit of oversteer and understeer, but there was no real sense of what the car's tires or suspension were doing. All aids were off (with the exception of driving line and traction control, which was its lowest setting), but it wasn't a very rewarding driving experience.

Hopefully this is something that will change or improve, because otherwise the game looks stunning.
 
I was absolutely blown away by just how good Forza 5 looks. None of the videos I have seen do it justice, and there is no racing game which can compare with its visuals. When you see it in 1080p at 60 frames per second, it's just breathtaking.

However... I got about 4 minutes of gameplay in the McLaren P1 using the prototype Thrustmaster wheel, and was disappointed. It's hard to say or know if it was this wheel or the game's physics, but the car felt "floaty" and somewhat disconnected from the road. I got a bit of oversteer and understeer, but there was no real sense of what the car's tires or suspension were doing. All aids were off (with the exception of driving line and traction control, which was its lowest setting), but it wasn't a very rewarding driving experience.

Hopefully this is something that will change or improve, because otherwise the game looks stunning.

Dan was mentioning today that they're running a hybrid of old and new physics in this demo. It sounds like it has the potential to change quite a bit.
 
Doesn't do it justice you say, well, that's mind-blowing. I don't even.

The physics wasn't anywhere near the final stages as they haven't even implemented all of the Calspan data; it was working with an amalgamation of some of the new data and the old data from FM4. The wheel probably didn't help the matter as that's not in it's final stages either. Sounds like a puzzling decision now that you've described it.

Were you able to get any direct-feed recordings? And how was the audio?
 
That's really good to hear about the physics.

No direct feed recordings (I really don't know why these gaming companies don't make it easier for us journalists to get direct-feed gameplay recordings, because that's obviously what people want). The sound was excellent.
 
Very nice to hear some impressions. From the sounds of it, FM5 will look amazing on the new 1080p TV I ordered.
 
So these two babies are confirmed. James Hunt and Niki Lauda's F1 cars, from the movie Rush:):)👍

312t318pb.jpg


76_McLaren_M23_F1_DV-06-WG_b03.jpg
 
Last edited:
So D Greenawalt said that they can re capture tracks they've had before.
 
More surface types. Anyone catch that from Dan?
 
More surface types. Anyone catch that from Dan?

Yeah, but he shot down the possibilities of off-road racing. :indiff::nervous:

He took a pot shot at PD with their limitless RX7's basically.
 
Team VVV video from Alan 👍 God DAT active aero, THEM reflections...:)



 
Last edited:
This looks amazing. Just absolutely gutted that it's on the Xbox One. Guess I will stick it out with Forza 4 and GT5 (Soon to be GT6).
 
I have a question: Why does the front of the car appear to accumulate rubber particles when it's the only car on the track?
 
I have a question: Why does the front of the car appear to accumulate rubber particles when it's the only car on the track?

I don't think it was rubber but more of dirt and grime and such.
 
Forza 5 just won best of E3!

BMmIzJeCIAEJw7_.jpg
 
Yeah it did 👍
 
Congratulations Turn 10
 
Back