Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Where dreams are Realised

• Thread starter phillgt2002
  • 1,397 comments
Dan Greenawalt: "What if my friends a griefer?" "Then he's going to grief" That means if your friend sucks then the AI driver is going to suck.

The windshield reflections (like PGR and Shift have had for years) greatly adds to the immersion, I'm glad they've finally included it!

There will be more details tonight on openwheel cars.!

This game is exciting. I can't wait.

No more auction house or storefront.. :( They do have a better system now though.

Last edited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbRTEWamCNQ

All cars have autovista!
UI LOD models on track.
Simulating Paint.
Updated Physics.
Really happy to read that. Was very disappointed with it in FM4 as I thought T10 had a ton of potential with it to showcase the cars in the game. Instead, it seemed to just show off mostly rare exotics & with only 1 or 2 cars added post-release.

Now, if they're going to be giving all the cars the option of what we're seeing in the "garage" shots that's a huge step forward in that 1 small area.👍

I was absolutely blown away by just how good Forza 5 looks. None of the videos I have seen do it justice, and there is no racing game which can compare with its visuals. When you see it in 1080p at 60 frames per second, it's just breathtaking.

However... I got about 4 minutes of gameplay in the McLaren P1 using the prototype Thrustmaster wheel, and was disappointed. It's hard to say or know if it was this wheel or the game's physics, but the car felt "floaty" and somewhat disconnected from the road. I got a bit of oversteer and understeer, but there was no real sense of what the car's tires or suspension were doing. All aids were off (with the exception of driving line and traction control, which was its lowest setting), but it wasn't a very rewarding driving experience.

Hopefully this is something that will change or improve, because otherwise the game looks stunning.

I was absolutely blown away by just how good Forza 5 looks. None of the videos I have seen do it justice, and there is no racing game which can compare with its visuals. When you see it in 1080p at 60 frames per second, it's just breathtaking.

However... I got about 4 minutes of gameplay in the McLaren P1 using the prototype Thrustmaster wheel, and was disappointed. It's hard to say or know if it was this wheel or the game's physics, but the car felt "floaty" and somewhat disconnected from the road. I got a bit of oversteer and understeer, but there was no real sense of what the car's tires or suspension were doing. All aids were off (with the exception of driving line and traction control, which was its lowest setting), but it wasn't a very rewarding driving experience.

Hopefully this is something that will change or improve, because otherwise the game looks stunning.

Dan was mentioning today that they're running a hybrid of old and new physics in this demo. It sounds like it has the potential to change quite a bit.

Doesn't do it justice you say, well, that's mind-blowing. I don't even.

The physics wasn't anywhere near the final stages as they haven't even implemented all of the Calspan data; it was working with an amalgamation of some of the new data and the old data from FM4. The wheel probably didn't help the matter as that's not in it's final stages either. Sounds like a puzzling decision now that you've described it.

Were you able to get any direct-feed recordings? And how was the audio?

That's really good to hear about the physics.

No direct feed recordings (I really don't know why these gaming companies don't make it easier for us journalists to get direct-feed gameplay recordings, because that's obviously what people want). The sound was excellent.

So these two babies are confirmed. James Hunt and Niki Lauda's F1 cars, from the movie Rush:):)👍

312t318pb.jpg

76_McLaren_M23_F1_DV-06-WG_b03.jpg

Last edited:
This looks amazing. Just absolutely gutted that it's on the Xbox One. Guess I will stick it out with Forza 4 and GT5 (Soon to be GT6).

I have a question: Why does the front of the car appear to accumulate rubber particles when it's the only car on the track?

I have a question: Why does the front of the car appear to accumulate rubber particles when it's the only car on the track?

I don't think it was rubber but more of dirt and grime and such.

Back