Forza Motorsport 6

• Thread starter symo63
  • 37 comments
Australia
VIC
theroy1963
symo63
Could you please add a Forza Motorsport 6 section/thread under the Games area.

Last edited:
I'm sure once there is more information (and therefor discussion), one will be made. Currently though there isn't much info on it other than the fact it's coming and the new Ford GT will be on the cover.

Yeah, it isn't necessary just yet. All that's going to be in it is a bunch of wishlists, and those are the worst kind of threads.
Ok no worries, more than happy to wait until there is something worth publishing.

Well sort of. Weve got the GT7 subforum.
Because there has atleast been talk about it from Kaz himself. Even info about standards sticking. All we know about Forza 6, like mentioned, is that the GT is going to be on the cover.

But since this is GTPlanet and not ForzaPlanet...
Irrelevant, If that was the case then there should only be a single forum for GT, and nothing else.

Last edited:
From my understanding, ForzaPlanet got rolled into GTPlanet.

Because there has atleast been talk about it from Kaz himself. Even info about standards sticking. All we know about Forza 6, like mentioned, is that the GT is going to be on the cover.
Yeah, it isn't necessary just yet. All that's going to be in it is a bunch of wishlists, and those are the worst kind of threads.
Almost every thread in the GT7 Forum is a wishlist of sorts or speculation. I don't see why a Forza Forum would or should be any different at this point and if it's ok for GT7 it should be ok for Forza.

Almost every thread in the GT7 Forum is a wishlist of sorts or speculation. I don't see why a Forza Forum would or should be any different at this point and if it's ok for GT7 it should be ok for Forza.
Thats exactly the problem. I'm not so sure why thats "ok."

Thats exactly the problem. I'm not so sure why thats "ok."
It's not for me to decide, the mods let it continue so that makes it ok by definition. I'm just saying if it's ok for GT7 it should be ok for Forza.

It's not for me to decide, the mods let it continue so that makes it ok by definition. I'm just saying if it's ok for GT7 it should be ok for Forza.
I have to agree here, if GT7 can have a sub-forum full of speculations and wishlists, then so should Forza 6. Besides Forza 6 has been announced already, we might as well have a sub-forum to talk about it in.

Like I said though, atleast there is info on it. I'm sure once something is revealed, there will be one. Until then, however, it isn't necessary.

I have to agree here, if GT7 can have a sub-forum full of speculations and wishlists, then so should Forza 6. Besides Forza 6 has been announced already, we might as well have a sub-forum to talk about it in.
Its essentially announced as soon as they release any game, because we know they run off a 2 year cycle.

Like I said though, atleast there is info on it. I'm sure once something is revealed, there will be one. Until then, however, it isn't necessary.

Its essentially announced as soon as they release any game, because we know they run off a 2 year cycle.
What specific info on GT7 do we have beyond, "PS3 was hard to work on PS4 is better"? You could easily make a case that because we know of some specific new cars in Forza we actually have more specific knowledge of the game. It's hairsplitting at best.

What specific info on GT7 do we have beyond, "PS3 was hard to work on PS4 is better"? You could easily make a case that because we know of some specific new cars in Forza we actually have more specific knowledge of the game. It's hairsplitting at best.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...o-7-is-in-the-works-standard-cars-set-to-stay

So this is splitting hairs, when all we know about Fm is its cover car? That is alot more then what we know about the upcoming Forza.

Some of the new cars? from what I can tell, we only know one new car.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...o-7-is-in-the-works-standard-cars-set-to-stay

So this is splitting hairs, when all we know about Fm is its cover car? That is alot more then what we know about the upcoming Forza.

Some of the new cars? from what I can tell, we only know one new car.
As I said, we have zero specifics on GT7 and your link is no different. It's just general speculation. We all know you have to take what Kaz says with a grain of salt (Course Maker might make it into GT6, not quite sure...ooops...it's in beta....oops...it's coming...15 months later..not here...it's 100x100km...ooops...50x50km..ooops 20x20 km...not here 15 months later)and all he says about GT7 is this:

"We are working on the title," said Yamauchi. "I don't think it'll make this year!"
"I don't think it'll be a Prologue,"
"I think the quality of the sounds in Gran Turismo 6 will be improved, but most of the work will be done in Gran Turismo 7"
"I doubt that we'll be throwing away the standard cars," said Yamauchi. "Each car has its own fans. So I think we'll hang on to the archive. In the meanwhile, some of those cars we may be able to make into Premium cars as they become available - but basically we're more focussed on increasing the number of premium cars.
Not a single definitive statement on anything new and a confirmation of the obvious about sounds. Even the statement about Standards isn't definitive, he actually says, "we'll hang on to the archive", which literally means we'll keep the database (nothing earth shattering unless you thought he'd just hit the delete button) and doesn't say that all standards will be in GT7 or some or anything of the sort.

If that's enough to base a speculative GT7 Forum on, then there's more than enough to do the same with Forza.

There's also this:
http://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/forza-6

Last edited:
As I said, we have zero specifics on GT7 and your link is no different. It's just general speculation. We all know you have to take what Kaz says with a grain of salt (Course Maker might make it into GT6, not quite sure...ooops...it's in beta....oops...it's coming...15 months later..not here...it's 100x100km...ooops...50x50km..ooops 20x20 km...not here 15 months later)and all he says about GT7 is this:

Not a single definitive statement on anything new and a confirmation of the obvious about sounds. Even the statement about Standards isn't definitive, he actually says, "we'll hang on to the archive", which literally means we'll keep the database (nothing earth shattering unless you thought he'd just hit the delete button) and doesn't say that all standards will be in GT7 or some or anything of the sort.

If that's enough to base a speculative GT7 Forum on, then there's more than enough to do the same with Forza.
Wait, so now word from the man himself doesnt count because he's lied countless times? :lol: Regardless, this is from him, so thats the info we have, which is still more then we know about FM6. Regardless of his track record. He said it, thats what we are going off. Just because you don't(and many others) believe him, doesn't mean that the information is a lie. Until the game is released, this is the definite information we can go off.

Wait, so now word from the man himself doesnt count because he's lied countless times? :lol: Regardless, this is from him, so thats the info we have, which is still more then we know about FM6. Regardless of his track record. He said it, thats what we are going off. Just because you don't(and many others) believe him, doesn't mean that the information is a lie. Until the game is released, this is the definite information we can go off.
You missed the point entirely. You're simply posting up words on a page that has Kaz's name on it without looking at what he actually said. He didn't say anything at all other than generic, meaningless statements that can be interpreted in many ways. Forza at least has said, "the game is coming and this is our cover car", which is more specific information than we have about GT7.

Face it, we know almost zero about both games. If one is justified so is the other.

You missed the point entirely. You're simply posting up words on a page that has Kaz's name on it without looking at what he actually said. He didn't say anything at all other than generic, meaningless statements that can be interpreted in many ways. Forza at least has said, "the game is coming and this is our cover car", which is more specific information than we have about GT7.

Face it, we know almost zero about both games. If one is justified so is the other.
:lol: :lol: those video's show, and say nothing about FM6! why where they posted, you just proved my point. We know less about the upcoming Fm6 then we know about GT7 :lol:

We know GT7 is coming out as well, we just dont know the cover car. The point you are entirely missing, is that we know way more about GT7, to the point we can start a discussion about it. How do you start a discussion about FM6 when all we know is the damn cover car :lol:

Dan Greenwalt says the car is on the cover, you believe him. Kaz says standards are in, and complete overhaul in sound is going to be finished for GT7, you dont believe him. No matter what, those both came from the prime source.

:lol: :lol: those video's show, and say nothing about FM6! why where they posted, you just proved my point. We know less about the upcoming Fm6 then we know about GT7 :lol:

We know GT7 is coming out as well, we just dont know the cover car. The point you are entirely missing, is that we know way more about GT7, to the point we can start a discussion about it. How do you start a discussion about FM6 when all we know is the damn cover car :lol:

Dan Greenwalt says the car is on the cover, you believe him. Kaz says standards are in, and complete overhaul in sound is going to be finished for GT7, you dont believe him. No matter what, those both came from the prime source.
Kaz didn't say standards are in GT7, he said, "we're keeping the archive" and "I doubt we're throwing them away". Neither is definitive, I don't know how else to explain it. It's nothing specific. I doubt = maybe. No one can say for certain whether standards will be in, whether some or all will be updated, whether only those converted to premium will make it...or anything else about standards other than they are holding onto the database. The sound overhaul has been known about for months it's nothing new and again nothing specific, just sounds will be better, which is true for most games most of the time anyway.

So what do we know for certain?

GT7
Sounds are being worked on same as every other game ever.

Forza
Ford GT on the cover, big deal.

If you can base an entire forum on one, you can do it for the other. Don't let your bias for GT obscure your objectivity.

If you can base an entire forum on one, you can do it for the other. Don't let your bias for GT obscure your objectivity.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I see where this is going, good day.

BTW, I havent owned a PS3 or GT in about 4 years. Still love it and I'm anxious to see what it can produce on new hardware, and hell, if its good it might be what convinces me towards a PS4, but I'm primarily a Forza player now. ;) nice try though.

...Sorry to jump in here, but Johnny, you are utterly bizarre at times. Do you try and pick an argument at every opportunity? Do you just chuck huge paragraphs together with whatever you can to try and win an argument? Do you just post whatever opinion is popular at the time?

Some of your posts have been amazing. An equal amount, and especially a lot recently, are just nonsensical contradictory rants that don't make much sense to anyone. If you have a really good point to make, please do so, because I think everyone knows you're capable of it. But you just seem to pick the opposing argument, no matter what, no matter how much it'd get completely picked apart by you if someone else were to post it.

hsv
...Sorry to jump in here, but Johnny, you are utterly bizarre at times. Do you try and pick an argument at every opportunity? Do you just chuck huge paragraphs together with whatever you can to try and win an argument? Do you just post whatever opinion is popular at the time?

Some of your posts have been amazing. An equal amount, and especially a lot recently, are just nonsensical contradictory rants that don't make much sense to anyone. If you have a really good point to make, please do so, because I think everyone knows you're capable of it. But you just seem to pick the opposing argument, no matter what, no matter how much it'd get completely picked apart by you if someone else were to post it.
Do you disagree with any of the points I made? Do you have an opinion on the topic at hand?

I doubt it's for GT. More it's against a crapload of speculation, because that's all the GT7 forum is right now. No need to muddy the FM6 pond with wishlists.
The mods have gone out of their way over and over and over to reinforce the idea that everything and everyone is treated equally. I completely agree that there's really no need for either Forum because everything is pure speculation. My point is if it's ok for one game it should be ok for the other. I don't see how anyone can disagree with that to be honest.

I doubt it's for GT. More it's against a crapload of speculation, because that's all the GT7 forum is right now. No need to muddy the FM6 pond with wishlists.
hsv
Yes, hence why I liked several posts above.

Yes, hence why I liked several posts above.
Then I suggest you continue to play the ball and not the man. If you disagree with something I say feel free to challenge it. If you're annoyed with me expressing my opinions too often for your tastes I thank you for the input but that's not going to change anytime soon barring catastrophe, so decide accordingly. 👍

Then I suggest you continue to play the ball and not the man. If you disagree with something I say feel free to challenge it. If you're annoyed with me expressing my opinions too often for your tastes I thank you for the input but that's not going to change anytime soon barring catastrophe, so decide accordingly. 👍
But no-one wants to challenge you, because they know you will just start an argument. :lol:

I can see why a GT7 forum was created, this is a GT oriented forum after all and a whole lot of people are here specifically for GT news and information. As such, I imagine the GT7 sub forum would generate a whole lot more traffic than a Forza 6 sub forum so it is understandable why one was created already and they are waiting for more information for the other.

Back