Forza Motorsport 7 Confirmed by Fanatec, with Promising News for Wheel Users

I think this was inevitable. Time for a game to hold you busy until Horizon, I guess. :rolleyes:

I'm undecided if I'll get this. I've been a Forza fan since FM3, but the Horizon series is so much more enjoyable for me, I may just start skipping the Motorsports releases.
I'm complete opposite, I like the horizon games but can do without them. It seems like they are a lot of fun at first, but I get bored of them extremely fast, especially after I beat the Main campaign and do all the races. I live for the Motorsport series. Super pumped up for this.

Paying for cars in FH3 which were in the base version of FM6... Where is the Lambo Veneno? VIP edition. I like the games but the whole ecosystem should change.

None of the 5 FH3 VIP cars were in FM6:

2016 Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV, 2016 Koenigsegg Regera, 2015 Ferrari F12tdf, 2015 Ultima Evolution Coupe 1020, and 2015 Ford Falcon GT F.

The Ultima is perhaps the closest, since it's indistinguishable from the 720 in FM6 in everything besides power. The Italian duo are facelifted models of cars available in the base game.

I'm complete opposite, I like the horizon games but can do without them. It seems like they are a lot of fun at first, but I get bored of them extremely fast, especially after I beat the Main campaign and do all the races. I live for the Motorsport series. Super pumped up for this.

Same. FH3 is a lot of fun, and gorgeous, but I've already largely went back to FM6. With this news, plus the likelihood of FM7 being a Scorpio title, I'm seriously excited about what FM7 could amount to. No other title will be able to even a fraction of its variety.

Hmm... using a crazy-expensive Fanatec wheel in a game with rather simple Force Feedback? Doesn't make much sense to me. I really hope the FFB will improve in Forza 7, tough. Right now i only own a G29 for PS4. I could get a Scorpio and an Xbox FFB wheel by the end of the next year... but let's wait what kind of improvements and new features Forza 7 might get. My money is on snow, rallye / offroad racing, 4K HDR and probably even VR support... at least on PC and Scorpio.

Hmm... using a crazy-expensive Fanatec wheel in a game with rather simple Force Feedback? Doesn't make much sense to me. I really hope the FFB will improve in Forza 7, tough. Right now i only own a G29 for PS4. I could get a Scorpio and an Xbox FFB wheel by the end of the next year... but let's wait what kind of improvements and new features Forza 7 might get. My money is on snow, rallye / offroad racing, 4K HDR and probably even VR support... at least on PC and Scorpio.

I doubt we'll see snow, rally, or off-roading: they've dabbled in Horizon, but Motorsport has remained a track-only affair. I'm honestly not sure how the particle effects would be pulled off in Motorsport while maintaining a constant 60fps — though I guess, if they take a more traditional approach to rallying, it'll just be one car.

It'll be interesting to see how much of a difference there is between the XB1 and Scorpio versions of the game, or if there's any unique features for the latter. I hate to say it, but if there are, depending on what they are, I may be tempted to upgrade. The PS4 is still my general-purpose gaming machine of choice, but for racing games, I devote enough time to my XB1 lineup to justify it...

I'd love to see improvements to Forza's FFB. The game has been lacking in the FFB department since the beginning. I liked playing the games because they were fun and challenging, but using a wheel I found them to be unconvincing. Hopefully this changes for FM7.

As for Horizon vs. Motorsport. With Horizion scratching the "fun before sim" itch, I'd love to see Motorsport take a massive leap towards hard core sim racing.

It'll be interesting to see how much of a difference there is between the XB1 and Scorpio versions of the game, or if there's any unique features for the latter. I hate to say it, but if there are, depending on what they are, I may be tempted to upgrade. The PS4 is still my general-purpose gaming machine of choice, but for racing games, I devote enough time to my XB1 lineup to justify it...

I know Scorpio is going to be cheaper (I'm certainly interested in it being the nerd I am), but I have to say it anyway: something, something, something, or get a PC. :P

The thing I'm most interested to see is whether they're committed to combine the cars lists of FM6 and FH3. There will be cars from previous games missing for whatever reasons, but somewhere around 650-700 cars should be a minimum target at launch. Anything less would be a disappointment.

FM7 might be the first Forza game I'll likely get when I build my PC from after the Scorpio launches. I'm starting to doubt it'll be released on XB1 at all despite MS saying Scorpio will play XB1 games.

I know Scorpio is going to be cheaper (I'm certainly interested in it being the nerd I am), but I have to say it anyway: something, something, something, or get a PC. :P

I wanted to make a comment about how space is at a premium in my neck of the woods, and then I remembered you're in NYC.

:lol:

The TV has five consoles connected. There's an iMac, MBP, and two iPhones in the condo, with an iPad on the way. I think it's safe to say this is a PC-free zone!

The thing I'm most interested to see is whether they're committed to combine the cars lists of FM6 and FH3. There will be cars from previous games missing for whatever reasons, but somewhere around 650-700 cars should be a minimum target at launch. Anything less would be a disappointment.

The thing is, as the only multi-hundred roster game any more... Do they have to include everything? It's a scary thought, but I'm sure it's a question being asked.

I too hope no car gets left behind. There's no reason for it outside of licensing issues. And for [insert deity of choice]'s sake, cars like the base 458, Aventador, F12, Mustang GT should be included too. No more of this top-model-or-nothing approach.

The thing is, as the only multi-hundred roster game any more... Do they have to include everything? It's a scary thought, but I'm sure it's a question being asked.

I too hope no car gets left behind. There's no reason for it outside of licensing issues. And for [insert deity of choice]'s sake, cars like the base 458, Aventador, F12, Mustang GT should be included too. No more of this top-model-or-nothing approach.

I wouldn't mind if they kept some of the wilder off-road machines in the FH series. All cars in the current games have their fans though, and it's always slightly painful to see a personal favorite not making the cut into the next game. One can hope that the PC version can contribute to a stronger licensing budget where no major compromises have to be made.

Xbox Onde comes later to the market, Turn 10 already put out 2 amazing titles and now this surprise. I never thought PD could be 3 titles down when they first put out GTSport on PS4.

I'm mainly more excited for the car list, considering how many cars FM6 had at the end of its lifecycle; FM7's car list will be massive! Even bigger than FM4's I reckon.

None of the 5 FH3 VIP cars were in FM6:

2016 Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV, 2016 Koenigsegg Regera, 2015 Ferrari F12tdf, 2015 Ultima Evolution Coupe 1020, and 2015 Ford Falcon GT F.

The Ultima is perhaps the closest, since it's indistinguishable from the 720 in FM6 in everything besides power. The Italian duo are facelifted models of cars available in the base game.

My bad. But the race cars dlc pack in FH3 with cars from FM6 was an eye opener for me. I know, licensing racing cars is not free. The base game has a huge car list.

Did you not bother to read the story?

I had a very good meeting with them and I am happy to report that there is a good chance that a lot of things will change for the better in upcoming FM titles. There is a new person who is responsible for physics and force feedback and this is a “wheel guy”. He is a real world racer with car engineering background and very familiar with PC simracing.

Thomas seems hopeful that ffb will improve now that a new person is involved.

Honestly never doubted there would be a 7.

Which I'm glad as I'm more personally a fan of the Motorsport series than Horizon.

Don't get me wrong, I do like Horizon but right now just don't have a lot of time for it.

That said I do look forward to taking some of the new cars from Horizon 3 onto the track in 7.

Hopefully the Aussie motors and the Buggies will stick around, I honestly think they should add a Rally Cross feature just so some of the big racetrucks and rally cars don't feel out of place.

Hopefully that big Merc Lorry will be back and perhaps it will have some rivals to play with this time.

and ofcourse, hopefully we will get some more BTCC Cars in the game.

Either way, I always welcome a brand new Forza game, and honestly not bothered about paying a little extra for the season pass.

The TV has five consoles connected. There's an iMac, MBP, and two iPhones in the condo, with an iPad on the way. I think it's safe to say this is a PC-free zone!

Blasphemy! :P

(Macs are secretly PCs in a fancy frock. Embrace your dirty side. You know you want to... :P)

Xbox Onde comes later to the market, Turn 10 already put out 2 amazing titles and now this surprise. I never thought PD could be 3 titles down when they first put out GTSport on PS4.

T10 will actually be even on numbers (even though GTS isn't being called GT7), despite not giving Polyphony a three game head start.

Frankly, there's a lot to be said for the tortoise. Slow and steady apparently does win the race.

T10 will actually be even on numbers (even though GTS isn't being called GT7), despite not giving Polyphony a three game head start.

Frankly, there's a lot to be said for the tortoise. Slow and steady apparently does win the race.

I was talking about PS4 only. :) Also, I'd wait for GTS to see if it wins or not by being "slow" coming out. Unless you're thinking the race is won by something else other than launching a game with high standards of quality overall (not only graphics).

I'm amazed every time I watch a GTS trailer but I'm skeptic about the actual gameplay (online and social features) and content (mainly variety of cars, tracks).

It is interesting the way racing games are taking in order to get back the people attention. More simulation, more seriousness.... In theory, it seems like the wrong way to do it, although Im very happy with it.

I was talking about PS4 only. :) Also, I'd wait for GTS to see if it wins or not by being "slow" coming out. Unless you're thinking the race is won by something else other than launching a game with high standards of quality overall (not only graphics).

I'm amazed every time I watch a GTS trailer but I'm skeptic about the actual gameplay (online and social features) and content (mainly variety of cars, tracks).
At this point, given you haven't been able to play a GT game on a current console for 3 years, and still can't for the forseeable future, I'd say the race is already over, especially if Forza ups their lighting game and introduces PBR into Forza 7. Not being able to play your favourite racing game for 3 or 4 years is a pretty big hurdle.

Back