Forza Motorsport 7 Confirmed by Fanatec, with Promising News for Wheel Users

I was talking about PS4 only. :) Also, I'd wait for GTS to see if it wins or not by being "slow" coming out. Unless you're thinking the race is won by something else other than launching a game with high standards of quality overall (not only graphics).

I'm amazed every time I watch a GTS trailer but I'm skeptic about the actual gameplay (online and social features) and content (mainly variety of cars, tracks).
The issue with that is that with the amount of time they've had to produce this single game, it likely should be better. They'd have a lot more time to work on features, iron out bugs, and get everything perfected, yet we're past the original release date and things didn't have as much as a pull on me, still. I think for what they're putting out, this game would have been easier to jump on board with if it had released maybe two years ago, but for the content that we know about, I'm just not understanding this long lead time.

In my opinion, they aren't even in the race, as far as this generation is concerned. With a new release date yet to be announced, I'm looking forward to what has changed, though.

So, since Forza 7 will also be released on Window 10, and Studio 10 realizing now how important driving a SIM with a wheel with good FFB is, can we assume Forza 7 on window 10 will support our wheels, like any SIM on PC already does?
How about VR, will Forza7 support VR on PC?

So, since Forza 7 will also be released on Window 10, and Studio 10 realizing now how important driving a SIM with a wheel with good FFB is, can we assume Forza 7 on window 10 will support our wheels, like any SIM on PC already does?
How about VR, will Forza7 support VR on PC?
No one knows what will or wont be supported, the game is just under a year away. I'm not sure how likely it is that they'll support all wheels, but hopefully they get a good chunk. Being how much of a rise VR is getting, it's probably something that will be in thought.

introduces PBR

Err.. introduce PBR? Did you even play FM6? I think you mean improve on their PBR solution. Which, IMO, no doubt they will.

After being burnt out by playing FM3, GT5, FM4, GT6 in a row I skipped the last two. Looking forward to this though, it's time to grind!

Forza Motorsport has found its positionning: it is the only relatively serious game in which gamepad players can dominate wheel users in competitions and leaderboards.
Turn 10 will not change this. It is the Forza Motorsport difference with all its competitors. Wheel support will not improve in the future at least from a competitive gaming perspective.

The news is that t ten has a new 'wheel guy'
We will see....
Forza Motorsport has found its positionning: it is the only relatively serious game in which gamepad players can dominate wheel users in competitions and leaderboards.
Turn 10 will not change this. It is the Forza Motorsport difference with all its competitors. Wheel support will not improve in the future at least from a competitive gaming perspective.

As I mentioned in the Forza Horizon 3 thread, the expansion release patch (on PC at least) suddenly and quietly added "minimum force" and "understeer effect" extra sliders to the advanced FFB menu.

Both of these are very familiar for PC Assetto Corsa owners. Minimum force is something which is now in all major PC sims, but took until 2016 to reach some of them, so seeing it in a title like Horizon 3 surprised me greatly. Anecdotally, on my T300, the latest FFB did seem to give more road surface texture rather than just plain vibration effects, in my brief testing.

Makes me think they are already busy with some serious improvements to the FFB engine. Whether it will be able to compete with serious PC sims is a question we'll find out come Autumn 2017 when Forza Motorsport 7 releases.

I can not wait for FM7! Although I adore the Forza Horizon series very much, Forza Motorsport will always have a special place in my heart. I hope it carries over the event creator from FH3 and snow. Others, such as day/night cycle, dynamic weather and rally racing (the Scorpio yo!), will be bonuses for me. 👍

My bad. But the race cars dlc pack in FH3 with cars from FM6 was an eye opener for me. I know, licensing racing cars is not free. The base game has a huge car list.

If anything I think the Motorsports pack should be an example of how to do an "incentive" pack. It gave people one more reason to purchase one of the bundles but at the same time none of them would be missed by those who bought the base version as they don't really fit and are only competitive against each other.

I wouldn't mind the same thing happening with FM7, only substituting the race cars with the trophy trucks and buggies that probably would not make it into the game otherwise.

There is a new person who is responsible for physics and force feedback and this is a “wheel guy”. He is a real world racer with car engineering background and very familiar with PC simracing.
Wheel or pad, whichever you choose regardless, it appears the physics for FM7 are going to get a big change going by this statement.

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Michael Leary (@Terronium-12) on December 21st, 2016 in the Forza Motorsport 7 category.

I just want to say awesome Job by GTPlanet on pretty much breaking this story. I know it's not really a surprise to any Forza player, but it's pretty cool to see one of my favorite websites break something like this, and one that I am actively a part of.

I google "Forza 7" usually once or twice a week to see if any new news comes out. Right after this story was written, this article was the top news hit on Forza 7. Now there's other websites reporting on it, and some are giving credit where it is due. (And that goes for @PzR Slim as well )

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12...eemingly-confirmed-racing-wheel-manufacturer/

Hopefully this dude can perform a miracle, best of luck to him. 👍

No miracle needed; just a healthy dose of dislodging ones head from ones rectum, is all that is necessary. Seriously, the game has good bones, and it wouldn't take much to make it a proper sim.

I just played FM5 & FM6 with a wheel... Ignore what I just wrote. There are no bones or muscle in this game. It's all skin and fat.

The game were numb compared to everything else that I played. Even WRC5 has better FFB, and wheel controls. Sorry I wrote the above.

Last edited:
It seems like T10 has been hit with a small dose of reality after landing on PC.
I'm sure the PC community has been giving them feedback shortly after it arrived.
Being a wheel owner I find this to be great news!

Ideally, wheel users and controller users should be at an even footing when it comes to leaderboards, similar to how with certain fighting games it doesn't mater if you use a pad or a stick (the current Street Fighter world champion uses a DualShock 4). The balance was pretty good for Forza Motorsport 4 but in the past few games controller users have been faster in competitive environments.

Forza has always had good controller support, so good in fact that I've never felt the need to buy a wheel. While a wheel is better for immersion I hope the pendulum doesn't swing entirely the other way, where a wheel is "required" for success. That was the one thing I disliked the most about Gran Turismo 6.

Ideally, wheel users and controller users should be at an even footing when it comes to leaderboards, similar to how with certain fighting games it doesn't mater if you use a pad or a stick (the current Street Fighter world champion uses a DualShock 4). The balance was pretty good for Forza Motorsport 4 but in the past few games controller users have been faster in competitive environments.

Forza has always had good controller support, so good in fact that I've never felt the need to buy a wheel. While a wheel is better for immersion I hope the pendulum doesn't swing entirely the other way, where a wheel is "required" for success. That was the one thing I disliked the most about Gran Turismo 6.

Sadly I feel the direction of some sims, especially console ones (AC, pCARS etc) seem to be heading towards the wheel-only route as the pursuit for greater realism and use of more complex physics simulation engines grows.

We shall see. I've got faith in Turn 10 regarding this, whereas I'm less confident in what Polyphony will do, which is a shame as I suspect Gran Turismo Sport will have much better support in terms of providing a clean online racing experience.

Getting good and proper force feedback is essential for success on PC. I can't see anyone who takes racing games seriously settling for playing on a gamepad. Hell, I refuse to play F-ZeroGX on anything but my FFB wheel, which works beautifully!

Getting good and proper force feedback is essential for success on PC. I can't see anyone who takes racing games seriously settling for playing on a gamepad. Hell, I refuse to play F-ZeroGX on anything but my FFB wheel, which works beautifully!

I wouldn't buy a racing game if it had bad pad support.

(Heh, had bad pad)

I am no longer confident that Turn 10 will deliver any real substance with FM7. I am going to wait until after the media hype has died down, and the complaining starts, to look at the game.

Back