Forza Motorsport 7: Demo Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 426 comments
Man please stop wasting my time, I play with the wheel, as I drive with the wheel. If the game is sub par with a steering wheel regardless of how advanced physics is lurking undearneat the hood of the game it will still be bad when gaming with a wheel. The thing is Forza has never been a sim as it never aims to be one, so it has nothing in this segment vs other games on pc but we could at least get an accurate way of steering the car with a wheel? I dont understand why you try to defend a game, a demo at that when people point out its shortcoming. I for one do enjoy the Forza physics with a controller, sliding and drifting effortlessly with a pad, but with a wheel it just is not how a car game should feel. Even games from early 2000 are better than older forza titles so I hoped for something better. But like I said I am taking this info from a youtube video, and it can, no, I hope that it will be improved when the full game get released.

Wasting your time, lol. You're the one making baseless claims pal, not me.

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/..._FFB--is-it-fixed--UP--Nope--Still-Broke.aspx

Dev and people who willing to test various settings instead of talking some ***** finding FFB much better than any other Forza,and as Dev said: Our align torque has always come from our extensive tire tests and was defined as the pneumatic trail of the tire. One of the largest changes this time is the addition of mechanical trail. - and people still scream same old same old.. :D
Its still better than those devs who were in PC gaming for years and managing to ship racing game where cars wheels gone missing and AI crashes at 1st corner like there is no tomorrow :D
Dont forget T10 is first timers in PC market with proper full game and its nice to see Devs talking in forum and helping solve/find solution.I see no problem here,as i dont have any and having a blast with G29

Last edited:
Wasting your time, lol. You're the one making baseless claims pal, not me.

Stop "forcing" me to reply to your fanatic posts as I am to retard to let them go :P Becasue you think it is best since sliced bread and dont care about the issues other/I think are game breaking(at least in the demo) then you can at least listen to us instead of trying to ignore the problem like it is not existing and claiming we are imagining the issues. I think it is good that you like the game but do not behave like a brat and think that it is faultless or even that it is best car/racing game ever. It is what it is, but I really want them to fix the wheel steering, that is my only problem with the game as I have other games for real SIM experience.

What? The biggest Forza fanboi is as usual defending the poor physics/ffb in the demo of Forza 7 with the notion that there bare so many cars in the full game? Haha, you are funny :P Forza7 or at least the demo seems to be what many members where afraid it would be. Not even a good Simcade when using with a wheel. Once again forza seems to be the worst game out there when it comes to ffp/physics and PC2 seems to be a big step forward to your dismay if you go by the youtubers at least.

Behaving like a brat? You made the above claim (and you have the nerve to call me a brat, lol) and I'm calling you out on it, what exactly is wrong with the physics model in Forza? If you can't explain, don't state it as fact then.

There is plenty wrong with this game, the physics model isn't one of them though.

Behaving like a brat? You made the above claim (and you have the nerve to call me a brat, lol) and I'm calling you out on it, what exactly is wrong with the physics model in Forza? If you can't explain, don't state it as fact then.

There is plenty wrong with this game, the physics model isn't one of them though.

Omg, you do really think Forza 7 will be more sim:ish then other titles in this segment on PC? Do you?
I do like the physics of forza as it is so easy to get the car sidewise compared to other games but it is no sim.
And the Sub par wheel feeling is not helping either. Do you play with a wheel or pad?

Yes, you behave like a spoiled brat that are not allowing others to talk about the shortcoming of his toy or Idol. I remember when I and my friend had a vivid discussion about which of our favourites cyborg was the best and coolest. Terminator or Robocop, you are acting just like when I and my friend were 9 years old. :P

Last edited:
Omg, you do really think Forza 7 will be more sim:ish then other titles in this segment on PC? Do you?
I do like the physics of forza as it is so easy to get the car sidewise compared to other games but it is no sim.
And the Sub par wheel feeling is not helping either. Do you play with a wheel or pad?

Yes, you behave like a spoiled brat that are not allowing others to talk about the shortcoming of his toy or Idol. I remember when I and my friend had a vivid discussion about which of our favourites cyborg was the best and coolest. Terminator or Robocop, you are acting just like when I an my friend when we were 9. :P

Show me where I said forza simulated physics better than any other game out there, that's right I didn't.

You said forza, once again, was the worst game out there for simulating physics which is nonsense. Forza has plenty of problems which you can discuss until the cows come home but saying the physics are the worse out there is complete garbage. If your issue is with the FFB on the wheel then fine I accept that. However, that's got diddly squat to do with the physics engine

"Normal Steering." this for ment for you... Not the other stuff i wrote...

Looks like i should use the @ a bit more...
I'm with you on this, the Porsche just feels wrong with a wheel, and I'm not just taking of FFB. When using a gamepad things are quite different - even I can throw the Porsche around with confidence. It is what it is...

Edit, running on a PC with a Thrustmaster TX or 360 gamepad.

Last edited:
Show me where I said forza simulated physics better than any other game out there, that's right I didn't.

You said forza, once again, was the worst game out there for simulating physics which is nonsense. Forza has plenty of problems which you can discuss until the cows come home but saying the physics are the worse out there is complete garbage. If your issue is with the FFB on the wheel then fine I accept that. However, that's got diddly squat to do with the physics engine

Read it again will ya! It is the by far the worst game ever when it comes to how the car handles with a wheel. If the car is not doing what I want nor does it give me the feedback for what is happening to the car do you really think that is acceptable, for a car game? A car game, what do you drive a car with? And how does it compare to other car games on the market old as new? If the game is utterly craptastic with a wheel do you think the physics matter at all?

Again, Forza is what it is, but with a wheel even gt4 beats forza titels and then we have old simbin titles too(lets hope forza 7 is the exemption)
You did not answer me about what kind of controller you are using, a pad or a wheel?

No offense but if the Porsche feels bad to you, you can't drive. You just can't. It's NOT difficult to drive at all with a wheel and I can get first place on the Dubai race with Highly Skilled AI with ease and all aids off.

Starting to feel that some of y'all are GT/Forza players who have never had to actually manage weight transfer with the throttle and brake like you have to do in a more hardcore sim or a real car. FM7 is the first console sim where that actually matters in the physics.

If Friction Assist really does give a 10 second advantage in the wet I'll be using it in the Hoppers. Pride and talent can only go so far but when everybody else has a 10 second head start I may as well join in.

Bill's response is very worrying. If there's any aspect of online multiplayer that allows this new assist, that's sad.

No offense but if the Porsche feels bad to you, you can't drive. You just can't. It's NOT difficult to drive at all with a wheel and I can get first place on the Dubai race with Highly Skilled AI with ease and all aids off.

Starting to feel that some of y'all are GT/Forza players who have never had to actually manage weight transfer with the throttle and brake like you have to do in a more hardcore sim or a real car. FM7 is the first console sim where that actually matters in the physics.

I've driven most if not all of the Porsches in Assetto Corsa — certainly the ones closest to the 911 GT2 RS in spirit/layout — and none feel like this. Something is off; and suggesting anybody who thinks so can't drive is missing the point.

Read it again will ya! It is the by far the worst game ever when it comes to how the car handles with a wheel. If the car is not doing what I want nor does it give me the feedback for what is happening to the car do you really think that is acceptable, for a car game? A car game, what do you drive a car with? And how does it compare to other car games on the market old as new? If the game is utterly craptastic with a wheel do you think the physics matter at all?

Again, Forza is what it is, but with a wheel even gt4 beats forza titels and then we have old simbin titles too(lets hope forza 7 is the exemption)
You did not answer me about what kind of controller you are using, a pad or a wheel?

I'm using a pad, now tell me what difference that makes to the physics?

It's pretty clear your issue is with the feedback from the wheel and I've already said I accept that and there is clearly a problem for wheel users. However, that has nothing to do with the physics model so stop claiming it is

I don't know... I have no problems with the 911. I love how it feels. Remember how Rufs felt in GT? They were tough to drive. Unforgiving. Just what you expect from a RR, and what you've read all your life about Porsche handling. That is something I always hated about Forza. RR cars felt like Awd cars, or neutral Rwd. This 911 feels just right. Once you get the feel of it, lap times start dropping and shows what an amazing machine it is.l

I've driven most if not all of the Porsches in Assetto Corsa — certainly the ones closest to the 911 GT2 RS in spirit/layout — and none feel like this. Something is off; and suggesting anybody who thinks so can't drive is missing the point.

*shrug*

Feels like a high-powered RR car to me. The heavy rear wants to constantly fling the car around like a top, keeping the throttle on keeps it planted, giving it great grip out of corners but a slightly understeery nature due to how light the front end is.

If Friction Assist really does give a 10 second advantage in the wet I'll be using it in the Hoppers. Pride and talent can only go so far but when everybody else has a 10 second head start I may as well join in.

It'll either be an all or nothing assist I feel like, so it'll apply to everyone, or no one.

It'll either be an all or nothing assist I feel like, so it'll apply to everyone, or no one.
If it's anything like previous games, the option to enable it will be free to everyone, just like Traction Control, ABS etc. are. You can then turn it on/off at will.

I think the higher Divisions of Leagues used to have assist restrictions however (and Simulation Damage) and I'd expect Friction Assist to be disabled there. The general Hoppers will be the same Wild Wild West they always were however.

Bill's response is very worrying. If there's any aspect of online multiplayer that allows this new assist, that's sad.
Might be worth a few more people tweeting to him about it.

Multiplayer Hoppers can be changed almost at will when it comes to settings, and I think all Hoppers (with the exception of ones aimed at beginners) should have this assist forced off. Gran Turismo 6 had such a filter for Skid Recovery Force.

I'm using a pad, now tell me what difference that makes to the physics?

It's pretty clear your issue is with the feedback from the wheel and I've already said I accept that and there is clearly a problem for wheel users. However, that has nothing to do with the physics model so stop claiming it is

If you accept the game have issues with a wheel then why are you so defending? Let me ask you, how fast can you react with a pad when the car steps out? How far do you turn the direction stick to max out the steering lock of the car? Everything plus much more will be changed or at least feel different when you use a wheel. Therefore even if the underlying physics is the same between a wheel and pad it changes the experience depending on the controller you use.

If you play with a pad then you dont know what I am talking about and therefore you should not even be in any defensive stance about Forza 7(demo). As an example, it is like yo talking about how a certain bike is behaving on track when you have not even been riding a bike at all or even fast at all. You got like nothing in the discussion as I from the start have been talking how the game is handling with a wheel, from the very beginning.

Who cares if Forza isn't a hardcore Simulation. I'm playing with a T150 and after some adjustment to the steering wheel settings and FFB I pretty satisfied with the results. Game perform amazingly too. The Porsche do understeer a bit but it's not as bad as some people make it out to be.

Can't wait for full release!

Who cares if Forza isn't a hardcore Simulation. I'm playing with a T150 and after some adjustment to the steering wheel settings and FFB I pretty satisfied with the results. Game perform amazingly too. The Porsche do understeer a bit but it's not as bad as some people make it out to be.

What settings are you using in game for the wheel?

I dont care, I am happy that there are so many different games that complement my collection but there are lots of people that cant handle you say there are issues with their beloved game. But I do wish they fix the handling with a wheel.

If you accept the game have issues with a wheel then why are you so defending? Let me ask you, how fast can you react with a pad when the car steps out? how far do you turn the direction stick to max out the steering lock of the cars. Everything plus much more will be changed or at least feel different when you use a wheel. Therefore even if the underlying physics is the same between a wheel and pad it changes the experience depending on the controller you use. If you play with a pad then you dont know what I am talking about and therefore you should not even be in any defensive stance about Forza 7(demo). As an example, it is like yo talking about how a certain bike is behaving on track when you have not even been riding a bike at all or even fast at all. You got like nothing in the discussion as I from the start have been talking how the game is handling with a wheel, from the very beginning.

You never made it clear the issue is just for wheel users though did you. You said forza has the worse physics on the market. Seeing as the physics are the same regardless of input I'm telling you that you're wrong as they are probably the best out there for pad users (might change when PC2 comes out)

Now, answer my question. Just what is wrong with Forzas physics engine? (tires, suspension, aero etc)

What settings are you using in game for the wheel?

Mainly removed all of the Deadzones, Turned down Damping & Spring to ~60, turned down wheel sensitivity, lowered FFB strength to ~80. Pretty much it.

Also instead of using Simulator for Steering wheel I'm using Normal. I'm playing without any assists too. As I said the Porsche understeer a bit and oversteer too but there's not much you can except from a 700HP RWD Car without any sort of TC.

Mainly removed all of the Deadzones, Turned down Damping & Spring to ~60, turned down wheel sensitivity, lowered FFB strength to ~80. Pretty much it.

Also instead of using Simulator for Steering wheel I'm using Normal. I'm playing without any assists too. As I said the Porsche understeer a bit and oversteer too but there's not much you can except from a 700HP RWD Car without any sort of TC.

Which is unrealistic because all moderns cars comes with some TCS.

You can turn on/off TCS from the menu.

You are missing my point. We turn off all assist because it is more "SIM" to us but in reality modern TCS on modern supercar really makes you faster. IT is not hte case in games like Forza. It really slow you down when it's enabled.

Back