Forza Motorsport 7: Demo Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 426 comments
Just noticed the return of M. Rossi and R. Sasaki amongst others lol.

Also noticed that one of the outfits (Legendary) was Micheal Muller... and one of the drivatars is M. Muller.

You can become Rossi in FM7. Take back what belongs to you.

I remember when I thought the Forza series was the bee's knee's, but after playing games like AC and R3E on pc, it really shows how far behind they are on the physics/ffb stuff. And after playing around with some of the new dlc Ferrari's in AC tonight, it hammers home how lame the driving experience is in this demo.

I play Forza since 1998 and i think it´s time that they do some major changes to the physics and not only gfx, sound and content. It´s very bad with wheel, theres nothing improved.

Since 1998? I didn't know Forza was around in 1998 ;)

The physics are extremely different than any Forza game I've played. Definitely don't really like them, however there are a ton of different settings for wheel users in the advanced settings section. I'm trying different things and making small progress towards actually being able to control the car a bit better. First run I wasn't able to correct any kind of slide and now I can a little.

It´s a really great game with awesome gfx, tons of dream cars but physics whise its far behind and tbh a game like this wants to be played with a wheel.

I play Forza since 2008 and i think it´s time that they do some major changes to the physics and not only gfx, sound and content. It´s very bad with wheel, theres nothing improved.

Couple things to try, I see you have steering sensitivity at 100, I'm at 0 - could that be why you can turn on a dime??? Also, I found on APEX that I had to set damper and spring to 100% in the Thrustmaster control panel otherwise I didn't have any FFB. In the FM7 demo, I had both at 100% to start and the FFB is just OK, as good or better than FM6.

Sooo let me get this straight, you guys are comparing the physics engine of a game that is modeled across 700 cars(30s GP, 60s Muscle, racing semi trucks, Rally trucks, rally cars, modern F1, super cars, indy and more and more classes) and on top of this each car has upgrades that can change the entire dynamic of the vehicles to games with 100+ cars(200 at most) and no upgrading.

You're not going to be driving a Reliant Robin on street tires in AC.(Let alone one with an engine swap and a giant turbo.)

I've seen this argument so many times, you're not going to get the same accuracy with such a huge amount of cars and upgrading.

Here is the available car list for R3E:

http://game.raceroom.com/store/cars/#undefined

See many stock Ford Raptors? There isn't even a stock Ford GT, just GT3 versions.

Honestly, how exactly do you expect them to catch up from being so "far behind" when you're comparing such extremes.

Last edited:
Great Demo. Ran the events multiple time, but, er... did anyone still have the view rumbling when they set the motion effects to "Off"? I did and the corner pan was still plaguing me.

@FuzzyFassbender let me rephrase: Steering Sens should not effect the handling on full lock. Next prove that there is a lot wrong with the physics.

Btw: when talking about Steering Sens I don´t mean the degrees of rotation of the wheel i mean the steering sensitivity which should be left at 50 to have a linear steering.

Moving FFB understeer to 200, rotation to 900 and Linearity to 70 were the things that seemed to help me the most.

With that being said, I'm still not satisfied with the physics. It felt better than default by quite allot but the default settings literally felt broken.

After playing this demo I really lost all of my desire to buy this and that's coming from a huge Forza 2-4 fan (never played 5 or 6). I really thought I would be purchasing this but feeling a bit gutted. Might pick it up on black Friday or something. Hopefully they will patch in some new physics by some miracle, lol.

Have no problems whatsoever (wheel here) and having a blast.
But dont overplay those same 3 races - seen them enough,played them enough.
Waiting on 29th Sept.
Those who saying physics are same as in FH3/FM6 have no clue what they talking about

bf3
Have no problems whatsoever (wheel here) and having a blast.
But dont overplay those same 3 races - seen them enough,played them enough.
Waiting on 29th Sept.
Those who saying physics are same as in FH3/FM6 have no clue what they talking about

Same or not. Still pretty rubbish either way.

FM4 was WAY better. How on Earth did they take that much of a step backwards?

I play Forza since 2008 and i think it´s time that they do some major changes to the physics and not only gfx, sound and content. It´s very bad with wheel, theres nothing improved.

I truly feel sorry for you man. I truly hope Dan Greenwald sees this video.

Okay. Tried it. Game looks gorgeous. Running Ultra (1080p) with no drops at all, although I noticed this game is capped at 60fps unlike FH3. I tried to tinker with the graphic settings, but for some reason, no matter how high I go with the advanced settings, the game looks like it's at super-low res. Only the Ultra preset makes it look good. And it is breath-taking I must admit.

The interior views are perfect. I was afraid the no-steering wheel would be too close, but it has the right FOV. Sound is yet another step up, although the Mercedes truck sounds like a V8 instead of an L6, and there is still 697 cars to check. I love how the interior is alive, with the shifter shaking, wires and hoses moving around and stuff. Little things that make the game more immersive. Thee is still no smoke or movement in the exterior (body panels or exhaust shaking), other than the wiper blades.

Physics are okay. Couldn't play with a wheel because it is too late to set it up. Will try tomorrow and copy my FH3 settings. With the controller (something I haven't done in a long while) with the default layout it took me about a lap and a lot of rewinds to get used to. It still feels like Forza... Nothing else to say. It's not difficult or particularly sim-like, but it is predictable, and fun.

All three vehicles felt amazing. The Porsche now feels like I think a Porsche should feel, instead of having infinite grip and neutral behavior like in other Forza titles. Lack of grip in the front from having less weight there, and sudden snap oversteer from the engine hanging from the rear. Yet once you get how it handles, that thing just goes. The Mercedes truck is deceivingly good. Just loads of grip with a weird bouncy behavior. The Nissan is simply what you expect from a GT racer in this kind of game... Nothing else to say about it. OH! lovely 4-banger sound. Finally! No V6.

Just noticed the return of M. Rossi and R. Sasaki amongst others lol.

Also noticed that one of the outfits (Legendary) was Micheal Muller... and one of the drivatars is M. Muller.

You can become Rossi in FM7. Take back what belongs to you.

I dont want to become Rossi, I just want to punt that son of a gun off the track to try and even the ledger somewhat.

We all have our nemesis

Well, very impressed with the PC performance.
Running a core i7 4790k @ 4.4Ghz (water cooled) + GTX 1080 @ 2Ghz

Runs at 1440p in Ultra rock solid....

I really like the physics ... feels less 'glued down' and the porsche had more oversteer feeling...
Looking forward to the 29th
Ignore the appalling driving (was my first go) but shows performance on my rig if anyone wants to see

Friction assist is ridiculous, why on earth was this added to a game that already has more than enough assists.

10 seconds a lap faster with it turned on, no joke. It says it invalidates lap times (rightly so) but I hope this assist isn't allowed in multiplayer

I've only tested it with the GTR in the wet but man, wtf were T10 thinking.

The Porsche has been kicking my butt right now. Probably because I'm having a hard time getting it to not oversteer. In part because I'm trying to learn the track as well, so I'm most likely over driving the turns.

The Semi and GTR is pretty fun though.

Friction assist is ridiculous, why on earth was this added to a game that already has more than enough assists.

10 seconds a lap faster with it turned on, no joke. It says it invalidates lap times (rightly so) but I hope this assist isn't allowed in multiplayer.

Interesting. I turned it off by default. I bet it'll be for the more casuals, and I could see turning it on for my niece(7) and nephew(9) though.

Just incase the morning people have not seen my previous posting, we have T10 dev interaction in regards to racing wheel setups and the current force feedback over on the forza forums. He is asking for information in regards to peoples wheel setups, if they are on Xbox one or a windows 10 PC, and what settings people are using for everything. I suggest any and all wheel users head over their, post constructively about your experience with regards to the FM7 demo and the wheel and FFB.

Edit: Would help if I post the link, lol

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst99324_FFB--is-it-fixed--UP--Nope--Still-Broke.aspx?=

If Friction Assist really does give a 10 second advantage in the wet I'll be using it in the Hoppers. Pride and talent can only go so far but when everybody else has a 10 second head start I may as well join in.

My god, what the hell are they doing allowing this assist in the hoppers.

Try it yourself, it's ridiculous how much grip and stopping power it gives you (in the wet at least)

With it turned off I've been running 2:08 - 2:10's, with it on 1:59 - 2:03's, complete joke

Very dissapointed with the FFB on the wheel, think I might buy it and play on controller for fun...
Have you turned both centre spring and dampening down to zero or close to it in game? This has improved ffb feel for many people.

Have you turned both centre spring and dampening down to zero or close to it in game? This has improved ffb feel for many people.
Yes, that's the first thing I did.
The Nissan does feel normal, it's the porsche which ruined my impression on the handling of the road cars in the game.
The handling of the GT3 RS is so wrong...I can't understand how Porshe guys could leave Turn 10 to do such a bad represention of their car in the game, I won't buy such a car ever, I won't even drive such a car in real life with such aweful handling.

Back