Forza Motorsport 7: #Forzathon

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 543 comments
696ED415-5DF9-46E5-A4F9-692FF525EAFB.png

So the Macan is good then ;)

Yeah, uh only one challenge per Forzathon event? Why? Was four things too hard? I just don't get it. These things are SO easy, and yet the Bounty Hunter challenges are hard to beat. Can't they find some middle ground??? I wouldn't mind having to try a few times to get the challenge. The Drift challenge was stupid easy, and I'm not even a drifting fan. Sometimes 2 of the challenges can be done with the same car, or same track. If we can knock these Forzathons out in less than an hour, why make us wait a whole month for the next batch? I'm sorry, but this just screams poor effort!

FH3 had one challenge per event and no one said anything. FH3 also had it every week, though.
I never played any of the Horizon titles. However, Forzathons every week?, I wouldn't be complaining either. That would be a fair trade off in my opinion. Even though we had 4, we got them all at once, and we have to wait a month for more. If some of them were harder, or required more time to complete, I would be enjoying them a lot more.

Yeah, uh only one challenge per Forzathon event? Why? Was four things too hard? I just don't get it. These things are SO easy, and yet the Bounty Hunter challenges are hard to beat. Can't they find some middle ground??? I wouldn't mind having to try a few times to get the challenge. The Drift challenge was stupid easy, and I'm not even a drifting fan. Sometimes 2 of the challenges can be done with the same car, or same track. If we can knock these Forzathons out in less than an hour, why make us wait a whole month for the next batch? I'm sorry, but this just screams poor effort!

I feel like they are trying to troubleshoot the problems in the full game with our help. I think they still have no idea why some Forzathon events didn't register for everyone, why some rewards never unlocked, etc. So they probably made some changes then issue this one, single events and run it for a long time. Then if it works, they will run the next one with some changes, etc.

We are their QA testers. And we paid *them* for this privilege.

I don't understand how I'm not getting the drift event completed? I've ripped off a race in the rain with a 35,000 point lap and won to boot, but still was not awarded the SS. What am I missing here?

I don't understand how I'm not getting the drift event completed? I've ripped off a race in the rain with a 35,000 point lap and won to boot, but still was not awarded the SS. What am I missing here?

Sounds like you did normal circuit race instead of a drift race. In track selection menu, there is race type setting which needs to be changed to a 'drift'.

Extremely poor instructions on their part...

What you need to do is apparently set say 4 mins to give you plenty of time to complete a lap sideways.

The official forum says no rewind, no friction assist and you need to actually run out the timer you set (so dont set 8 mins) - when you actually 'win' the 4 min race, you get a podium and your car and 0 point cheevo pops.

Do not set 8 min like I did, set 10,000 points on the lap and then end the race and expect to get the car. No that doesnt work!

btw. the car kind of sucks... you get some extra creds at Infineon with it but otherwise... its just an SS in matte blackboard paint but hey. FE cars are ok.

Sounds like you did normal circuit race instead of a drift race. In track selection menu, there is race type setting which needs to be changed to a 'drift'.

Extremely poor instructions on their part...

btw. the car kind of sucks... you get some extra creds at Infineon with it but otherwise... its just an SS in matte blackboard paint but hey. FE cars are ok.

Poor instructions, indeed. Thank you both. Shame about the car, but I like exclusive things.

Do not set 8 min like I did, set 10,000 points on the lap and then end the race and expect to get the car. No that doesnt work!

Funny thing, I set it to 8 minutes and did 13,000 the 1st lap and got 16,000 on the 2nd lap.
You said you "ended" the race? I just let the timer end. I got the car on the first try.
I know there are "problems" that some people have for not getting credit for completing these Forzathon events.

Yeah, uh only one challenge per Forzathon event? Why? Was four things too hard?

I have a feeling the multi-stage Forzathons may have been behind many of the issues they were having in the past few months. It's entirely possible that the next patch (which's been delayed because of some "ship breaker", whatever that means) may include a definitive fix for that issue and the next batch of Forzathons may see the return of multi-stage challenges. However, as usual, a doubtful attitude is an healthy one.

FH3 had one challenge per event and no one said anything. FH3 also had it every week, though.

FH3 Forzathons also tended to award credits, experience or Wheelspins more often than not. T10 has apparently decided to not go that way, and thus, they have a limited pool of awards to choose from - a pool that is also split with the Bounty Hunter events and Leagues.

FH3 Forzathons also tended to award credits, experience or Wheelspins more often than not. T10 has apparently decided to not go that way, and thus, they have a limited pool of awards to choose from - a pool that is also split with the Bounty Hunter events and Leagues.

I'm surprised that Forzathon in FM7 hasn't had credits and XP prizes on offer. I'm even more surprised it hasn't taken advantage of the good / perfect detection system for turns, drifts and overtakes. It's one of the few ways in which Forza Motorsport differentiates itself from Forza Horizon.

Last edited:
Well, following up on my SS FE drifting achievement adventure; since I finally got the right instructions, I got the achievement first try. Quit back to the main menu and it awarded me the Macan playing card. Car is not in garage, Showing Off banner is still highlighted in the Forzathon menu.

This is legitimately my first glitch. :banghead:

Edit: Sorted itself out and awarded me the car. Frankly quite odd, however.

Last edited:
You may not noticed but, the challenges for the Showtime, what a drag and Big drink have a part of their challenge revealed but, not available yet and like last forzathon it only has one challenge to do
Showtime
? Full in a Hot Hatch Icons car

What a Drag
Top Speed Run at Hockenheimring ( The counter shows 150 so that means reach 150 MPH (241 KPH)

Big Drink
? at Sliverstone Grand Prix Circuit

When the Forzathon comes out I'll change this post with the complete challenges.

Last edited:
Sorry to keep you waiting, the 4 Forzathon challenges are now available even though you know already

Big Drink
Complete a race at Sliverstone Grand Prix Circuit

What a Drag
Go 150 MPH( 241 KPH) at Hockenheimring

Showtime
Win a Race at Road Atlanta Full in a Hot Hatch Icons car

I'm Watching You
Beat a Rival

I had no idea the Forzathons were activated, I decided to jump into a Rivals challenge right away and after a couple laps the Notification popped up and startled me, I screwed up and crashed. I got the Jeep Rubicon. Does the notification have to be so annoying? Can't it make a sound, and then celebrate after I'm done racing?

Back