Forza Motorsport 7: #Forzathon

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 543 comments
Eww... :yuck:

But as long as the events are working fine (which appears to be the case for other people) then I don't mind doing it just the once.
Can't do the pass it event as i do not have gold. The only car that i'm interested in and it looks like i'm stuffed because of no gold.

So now Gold accounts are required to collect cars that were always in the game?

So are they just supposed to ignore a huge chunk of the game because a few people don't have Gold for whatever reason?

So are they just supposed to ignore a huge chunk of the game because a few people don't have Gold for whatever reason?

We also had this conversation when the Porsche 928 was a Gold-restricted Forzathon reward in FH3. This one is even better.

There's pretty much universal agreement that non-DLC FM7 cars should not have been locked behind time-limited community events. The Gold paywall here does not exactly help to compensate, does it? If Turn 10 wants make to make online multiplayer part of Forzathon, which is understandable, the prize should obviously not be a locked car. Additional credits or XP would have been more sensible for completion rewards.

Then again, they pulled a similar stunt for the BMW Z8. Hopeless direction.

This one is even better.

I know you're being sarcastic, but it actually is better in FM7. In FH3 you had no other way to access the cars that were awarded unless you completed the event. In FM7 however you can still "rent" the car as you could since launch, the only difference is you can't have it in your garage unless you win it.

I'm not saying I necessarily agree with it, but in modern gaming multiplayer is a huge part and if you for whatever reason abstain from it you will miss out on stuff.

I know you're being sarcastic, but it actually is better in FM7. In FH3 you had no other way to access the cars that were awarded unless you completed the event. In FM7 however you can still "rent" the car as you could since launch, the only difference is you can't have it in your garage unless you win it.

I'm not saying I necessarily agree with it, but in modern gaming multiplayer is a huge part and if you for whatever reason abstain from it you will miss out on stuff.

Is it not the aim of the game to collect as many cars as possible. To rent a car is just a waste of time and what is the point of it.

Why would i get live when i found out that it is not worth the money to me due to high ping where i live. Why did they have 17 races off line and ony one online. Point is that this particular car was one that i was after and first off finding it was locked ( its a level one ffs) then this bs not overly impressed.

Is it not the aim of the game to collect as many cars as possible. To rent a car is just a waste of time and what is the point of it.

My point was that you at least have access to the car where in FH3 if you didn't complete the event you were out of luck.

Why would i get live when i found out that it is not worth the money to me due to high ping where i live. Why did they have 17 races off line and ony one online. Point is that this particular car was one that i was after and first off finding it was locked ( its a level one ffs) then this bs not overly impressed.

You can always try snagging one off the auction house.

Again, I think the locked cars should be available offline. But it doesn't change the fact that modern gaming is becoming more multiplayer focused as time goes on. Complaining about said fact won't change anything.

Aside being a bit time consuming, the challenges are really easy to do. I think I'd like something a bit harder once in a while than just completing a race or getting x car to x speed, but I'm not really complaining either way.

Just got all he Forzathon cars and am happy to report the Valiant Charger has retained its 6 cylinder sound from FH3. Although rather annoyingly it is referred to as “Dodge Charger ‘72” in all results screens despite it being a Chrysler

Just got all he Forzathon cars and am happy to report the Valiant Charger has retained its 6 cylinder sound from FH3.
Well that's a bet more than a few of us would have lost.

"Stay on track at Virginia International Raceway in a Sport GT division car"

This challenge description is a little vague. Did I run a clean lap? Yes. Did I stay on track throughout the session? No.

I guess they simply want us to complete a clean lap at VIR in a Sport GT car.

"Stay on track at Virginia International Raceway in a Sport GT division car"

This challenge description is a little vague. Did I run a clean lap? Yes. Did I stay on track throughout the session? No.

I guess they simply want us to complete a clean lap at VIR in a Sport GT car.
I just let all the cars pass me so I could drive a very sedate lap without any worries about getting punted off track.

I just let all the cars pass me so I could drive a very sedate lap without any worries about getting punted off track.

I ran solo to avoid any opponent distractions, but still managed to mess up as I couldn't resist to test the limits of my Ferrari 458 on the long back straight. :lol:

No worries, challenged still completed in first attempt.

After completing 2 of the Forzathons without any problems, the game started freezing on 3rd and 4th when receiving the prize.

Annoying!

Forzathon was somewhat decent for me this time despite a few issues.

Got the R8 first attempt on all challenges, although I had to reset the game to claim the Charger & Bentley. For some reason the Talon challenge didn't count winning a 1 lap race of Road Atlanta so I knocked out the final Prowler challenge with it and ran a night race at Sebring club which gave me both cars on Completion

On the achievement list there is 4 upcoming forzathons, the rewards are Snake Driver Gear, Chevrolet SS Forza Edition, Mazda MX-5 Forza Edition, and the Porsche Macan Turbo.

On the achievement list there is 4 upcoming forzathons, the rewards are Snake Driver Gear, Chevrolet SS Forza Edition, Mazda MX-5 Forza Edition, and the Porsche Macan Turbo.
A Forza Edition MX-5? Yes please :)

Here is what the MX-5 looks like.

ef8268da-5f94-49b7-af67-34a81807a533.jpg

The wide body kit is bad but doesn't ruin it like the 747 wing they stuck on the trunk does. Hopefully we can remove it.

Quick heads up the 4 forzathon challenges are starting tomorrow and I will tell you the challenges that day too. Edit: it's coming in 3 days I got little confused about it.

Last edited:
The 4 forzathon challenges are now available.

Cherry Blossoms
Complete a race at Suzuka in a Japanese car

Showing Off
Get a drift score of 3,000 in a single lap at Maple Valley in the Rain

Running Wild
Drive 1 lap at Nurburging Full Circuit in Track Toy car

Competitive Edge
Win a Race in a Track Toy car

It's actually one challenge and it works and like last forzathon, you have until the end of the month to complete it.

Last edited:
Well that set of events could potentially be wrapped up in less than 20 minutes, but if this method prevents issues with #Forzathon then so be it - I just hope new challenges are added more frequently in that case.

I'm looking forward to getting the Mazda, features a unique design package which could look good with a spoiler delete. 👍

EDIT: If anyone has the MX-5 ND Forza Edition, can you confirm it has a spoiler delete option?

Back