Forza Motorsport 7: #Forzathon

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 543 comments
Ok, Im late to the party on the Forzathon....Trying to Drift the Porsche..I suck at it. I put on my HUD so I can see the Drift Score as I go but I cant see how many points Im getting in a lap to see how much improving I need. I see sometimes when I will get points then they DONT go to the side. If I find a corner I do good on can I turn around and do it again?? Any help would be great..Thanks

Since I'm HORRIBLE at drifting, I set up a single player drifting event and choose the Nurbergring figuring I could do it when I've got roughly 13 miles to play with.

It worked!

Yeah just a tip on the drifting part—it only counts if you’re running a drift mode race, which you can select in Free Play. I kept trying to do it in circuit mode and it never popped.

Yeah just a tip on the drifting part—it only counts if you’re running a drift mode race, which you can select in Free Play. I kept trying to do it in circuit mode and it never popped.
This is probably my problem, I am doing it in just normal Free Play Circuit. Thanks

When I was doing that drift, game automatically saved clip of it, why?

That was my first drifting in FM series...

When I was doing that drift, game automatically saved clip of it, why?

That was my first drifting in FM series...
For some reason the game automatically records a clip everytime you do a big drift. Which gets increasingly annoying trying to do a drift event and having "clip recorded" pop up every 10 seconds, which also takes up space that could be used for saving screenshots or actual clips.

I'm not a drifter to say the least and was happy that there was only one event that required drifting. First I tried with one of the more powerful RR Porsches and had no luck at all. Then I switched to the FR 944 and went to the alps track, used the handbrake to kick the rear out in the corners and had no trouble at all getting the required number of points in a lap.

I'm not a drifter to say the least and was happy that there was only one event that required drifting. First I tried with one of the more powerful RR Porsches and had no luck at all. Then I switched to the FR 944 and went to the alps track, used the handbrake to kick the rear out in the corners and had no trouble at all getting the required number of points in a lap.

Had a lap of over 17k but it doesn’t seem to register for Bugzathon, sigh. Even restarted the game but it’s still showing 0/15000.

I had set the timer at 15 mins but on the second lap I quit the race, I did get a pop up my best lap score would be saved so that should work right? Also the track seems to have hidden zones for the corners where drifts work, it doesn’t seem to register on the straigh sections. Feels bizarre.

I’ll give the 928 a try it’s also FR.

Update - I got it, had to do 2 consecutive drift laps in 2 different games for one of them to finally register. Lol.

The 928 drifts a little easier than the 944 as well imo (both stock homolo), it feels a bit heavier and grippy but in a good way for drifting so you don’t “overshoot” as easily as in the 944, probably due to the wider tyres.

Last edited:
996 GT3 drifts pretty well :)

It was even easier when I turbo’d it.

DK
For the "three races in a P1" requirement, I just did 3 drag races in that crap stain on the GT-R's legacy.

That is actually a great tip for all future Forzathon “races” if you want to spend as little time as possible on them. I always went to 1 lap races at Rio coastal (the tiny one) but a drag race is indeed faster. Still a lot of click-through screens and waiting for maps loading, even on an X1X with external SDD but I guess it’s the fastest way possible.

Never really did any drag racing before in FM either, it’s actually quite fun but I wish you could swap a car at any given drag strip without map reloading, now the loading takes much longer than the actual race.

Never even seen or visited these drag strips in the previous games either but I knew Sonoma and Hockenheim had then IRL. Have they always been in previous Forza titles as well? Or well since both Sonoma and Hockenheim were added in FM6 if I’m not mistaken I assume they already existed there?

I did everything with 918 (Edit: not Carrera GT, my mistake), drift on Indianapolis oval, and final (hyper+Nurb) for both cars at once.

Last edited:
Had a lap of over 17k but it doesn’t seem to register for Bugzathon, sigh. Even restarted the game but it’s still showing 0/15000.

I had set the timer at 15 mins but on the second lap I quit the race, I did get a pop up my best lap score would be saved so that should work right? Also the track seems to have hidden zones for the corners where drifts work, it doesn’t seem to register on the straigh sections. Feels bizarre.

I’ll give the 928 a try it’s also FR.

Update - I got it, had to do 2 consecutive drift laps in 2 different games for one of them to finally register. Lol.

The 928 drifts a little easier than the 944 as well imo (both stock homolo), it feels a bit heavier and grippy but in a good way for drifting so you don’t “overshoot” as easily as in the 944, probably due to the wider tyres.

My first try with the 944 I got a little over 20,000 but after the race it still showed 0/15000 I did it a second time and got a bit over 25k on the best lap that time and it moved on to the next challenge. I ended up just driving the 944 in all of them.

My first try with the 944 I got a little over 20,000 but after the race it still showed 0/15000 I did it a second time and got a bit over 25k on the best lap that time and it moved on to the next challenge. I ended up just driving the 944 in all of them.

Yeah I had the same problem I think. Also from the previous Forzathons I have the feeling a certain race only registers after the NEXT race has been completed. And to receive a reward car you need to exit and restart the game.

Got them all done now, thanks again for the Bernese Alps suggestion, perfect track for the people who are not used to drifting in FM. I first started at Le Mans 24h with the 944 before I saw your post but I didn’t get any score from zig-zagging over the long straight section.

Just did the Forzathon event trying to drift in a Porsche and did 15 mins around the alps and it only says I did 3000 out of 15000 Lol I had two laps of over 15000 points too lol. It suxs this event I hate drifting in forza 7 I bought the 928 gts to do it

Just did the Forzathon event trying to drift in a Porsche and did 15 mins around the alps and it only says I did 3000 out of 15000 Lol I had two laps of over 15000 points too lol. It suxs this event I hate drifting in forza 7 I bought the 928 gts to do it
Try completing any other event (can be a 1 lap of Daytona even), and it should update. I found when doing the Mercedes C63 S Forzathon it took completing another event after completing a challenge for anything to register.

Completed just did another race, came back to Forzathon page and it’s completed. God Forzathon is so buggy you either have to restart forza for progress to update or do something else.

I found Maple Valley to be a good spot, especially with it's long sweeping turns. Did a 5 minute drift race there and got around 50k.

Indianapolis GP, the classic layout I think, is a good place to get drift points because it's fairly wide and forgiving.

Use the Porsche 919 in a race on Homestead, hit over 190mph and it registered as 145/179 for the Forzathon. I am confused...

I presume the drift score has to be in a single lap as I scored 29,900 in a Drift event and scored 10,000/15,000 as far as the Forzathon is concerned.

Use the Porsche 919 in a race on Homestead, hit over 190mph and it registered as 145/179 for the Forzathon. I am confused...

I presume the drift score has to be in a single lap as I scored 29,900 in a Drift event and scored 10,000/15,000 as far as the Forzathon is concerned.

Yes, the drift score has to be in a single lap.

Managed to get the cars. Having to do extra races is a minor inconvenience, I also had to do an extra race after getting the 356 notification to actually get the car. At least I was using a Porsche for the three races which saved some duplication though it only manage to record two of them on one challenge. I wonder if they will ever fix the issues. Sounds like an iteration problem (I was a programmer) and they are checking in the wrong place.

Back