Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
Nah, i highly doubt this. What about the part of the team that does track modelling / building? We havent seen any new track since release of the game, but they must do something, right? The offroad / rally cross expansion isnt coming, but they could take all their time and effort to realize it in FM8. The next game needs to have some new features, offroad / rallycross could be just that.

No new tracks and no expansion for FM7 tells me that part of the team has already moved on to their next game.

They stated yesterday during the stream that the entire team is working on FM7. I assume the track modelers also work on other aspects of the game as well.

They stated yesterday during the stream that the entire team is working on FM7. I assume the track modelers also work on other aspects of the game as well.

Apparently new tracks and "expansions" are coming to the game. This is all uncharted territory - it seems quite clear that FM7 will be supported after the launch of FH4, possibly with the addition of new "hard" content and not just new gamemodes or refinements to the gameplay. On the other hand, we've already been told Horizon 4 will be supported for years.

Could it be that T10 and PG feel like they have reached a point where there isn't enough room for growth in their titles to justify a bi-yearly release schedule? If that were the case, it would make sense to keep supporting their current titles as long as it is possible. And of course, MS may decide to throw another Forzatech game in the release schedule (Forza bikes?), or just have another developer step in to ensure they have at least one triple-A first party exclusive coming to their platforms every year. Interesting times lie ahead of us...

Apparently new tracks and "expansions" are coming to the game. This is all uncharted territory - it seems quite clear that FM7 will be supported after the launch of FH4, possibly with the addition of new "hard" content and not just new gamemodes or refinements to the gameplay. On the other hand, we've already been told Horizon 4 will be supported for years.

Could it be that T10 and PG feel like they have reached a point where there isn't enough room for growth in their titles to justify a bi-yearly release schedule? If that were the case, it would make sense to keep supporting their current titles as long as it is possible. And of course, MS may decide to throw another Forzatech game in the release schedule (Forza bikes?), or just have another developer step in to ensure they have at least one triple-A first party exclusive coming to their platforms every year. Interesting times lie ahead of us...

That sounds very interesting. I never understood why FM and FH would only be supported with new content forfoa a single year. Both games are very different and appeal to different audiences. However, this is how they did things for many years and at this point we dont know what they are really up to. Games as Service is a hot topic right know and Forza could fit really well. However, im affraid Microsoft is able to earn more money fron traditional sequels year after year.

While I still don't have, but very much want, the 991.1 GT3 RS I am very pleased to see the 991.2 coming for free (especially the standard, non-Weissach version too)! I do like the new one slightly more than the previous. 917 is surprising to see as well!

Could it be that T10 and PG feel like they have reached a point where there isn't enough room for growth in their titles to justify a bi-yearly release schedule?

I think it comes down to an overall realization that FM7 released too early for comfort on multiple levels, and I also think they are currently evaluating the future and reorganizing things now that Playground Games has moved over to Microsoft. From here it would make sense for Microsoft to keep their Forza activities isolated to one studio, so it's not unlikely that Turn 10 and Playground Games eventually become a Forza Studios powerhouse releasing games when the time is right. It's a strategy that works just fine for many other AAA developers.

I've been speculating on something along these lines for some time now. It's the logical thing to do as a business when pressure intensifies and sales keep dwindling for Forza Motorsport. However, it's difficult to predict the extent to which it will affect Forza (hopefully positively) beyond slowing down the release schedules.

Some German dude bought my duplicate Mini for 3,9 million CR, which is probably the highest amount of money I've ever received from the AH.
The last minute of the auction for my duplicate Mini FE lasted about 20 minutes and saw the selling price go from 221,000 to 1.376,000 credits.

I think it comes down to an overall realization that FM7 released too early for comfort on multiple levels, and I also think they are currently evaluating the future and reorganizing things now that Playground Games has moved over to Microsoft. From here it would make sense for Microsoft to keep their Forza activities isolated to one studio, so it's not unlikely that Turn 10 and Playground Games eventually become a Forza Studios powerhouse releasing games when the time is right. It's a strategy that works just fine for many other AAA developers.

I've been speculating on something along these lines for some time now. It's the logical thing to do as a business when pressure intensifies and sales keep dwindling for Forza Motorsport. However, it's difficult to predict the extent to which it will affect Forza (hopefully positively) beyond slowing down the release schedules.
I think MS’ acquisition of PG has more to do with their new game. They’ve done solid work for the Forza franchise and have opened a new studio to begin work on a different game from the Horizon series that MS will most likely make an exclusive title for the Xbox.

Because of that game, whatever it is, I don’t believe combining the two as a Forza studio is on the cards if that game ends up having no relation.

Well this is great news, I was disappointed there was no expansion talk during E3. FM7 is the 3rd and most likely last for this gen, much like Horizon 4. 3 games each this gen was plenty.

Phil Spencer mentioned they are "deep in" development of the next console, so I don't see this has a "Games as a Service" thing, or a bi-yearly miss, but more of FM8 being a launch title for the next Xbox. Phil knows he's gotta hit on all cylinders next console (power, services, games) To fill that bi-yearly "gap", FM7 Season 2 (or whatever they call it) gets released. (hopefully soon with lots more tracks, 1 or 2 ain't gonna cut it)

I could be wrong, but it is exciting.

Last edited:
What other manufacturers do you think we'll see (or you want to see) for the monthly spotlight? T10 have confirmed at the minimum two more CU's in August and September, so I'd imagine there will be be at least two more free cars from manufacturers that aren't Ford/Honda/Porsche (since they've been previously spotlighted)

I personally would like to see Audi (The "last new to Forza" Audi we've received dates all the way back to FM6) and Mitsubishi (have been poorly represented in every Forza game basically)

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Phil Spencer mentioned they are "deep in" development of the next console, so I don't see this has a "Games as a Service" thing, or a bi-yearly miss, but more of FM8 being a launch title for the next Xbox.

The thing is, is a "next gen" of consoles, in the traditional sense of the term, even coming? With the pace of technological process slowing down quite significantly in the last few years (I mean, Ubisoft and EA are still using game engines that were launched in the early days of the PS3), and with the switch to digital content removing one of the main reasons console manufacturers made a distinction between console gens in the last few years (i.e. the need to maximize the efficiency by which disk space is used by only including the assets used by the specific generational version of a game), I doubt we will see an Xbox Two that will completely supersede the One: the next consoles (Spencer used the term consoles, plural) will likely only serve to raise the ceiling of what developers can do on Xbox.

This means a softer launch that doesn't require all first-party exclusives to launch a new title to sell units - and with Halo Infinite coming out around the time we expect the Scarlet generation of Xbox(-es) to hit the market, plus a possible killer app from PG in development, I don't think MS would "skip a year" with Forza Motorsport (which at the moment is the part of the Forza franchise selling less) to have FM8 as a day-one title.

Besides, it would make an awful lot of sense for T10 and PG to slow the pace of their releases regardless. With every passing year and with every addition to the gameplay, it becomes harder to add more stuff and release new titles able to top the previous ones; and shipping a new game is also an expensive endeavour. I simply don't see how they can keep releasing a game every two years in the future, without suffering some significant sequel fatigue - which is the best way to burn a succesful franchise, as Need For Speed has clearly demonstrated.

I personally would like to see Audi (The "last new to Forza" Audi we've received dates all the way back to FM6) and Mitsubishi (have been poorly represented in every Forza game basically)

Heh. I don't see that changing anytime soon, with Mitsubishi being in full retreat from the US market and the car industry in general.

I would love to see Audi getting the spotlight, too. The current roster of Audi cars is in dire need of some upgrading and updating (although the last NTF car was the TT RS VLN we got as part of one of the FM7 car packs). On the other hand, Alfa Romeo and Ferrari already got plenty of attention, but I wouldn't say no to a 1971 Alfa 33/3 to go with the 917/20, or a 1968-season Ferrari 312 to round out the "Formula 60s" Division. And then there's always the possibility that new-to-Forza brands may get the spotlight too... And something like Matra or BRM coming to the game would make me a very happy camper.

Hi,

Do we know what will be the premium cars not unlocked after july 10th ? Beside FE cars.

Thanks,
Most of the currently locked cars will be buyable.

The ones that have been fully confirmed are those that you can currently only unlock through Forza Drivers' Cup (2015 Porsche 919, Aston Martin Vulcan etc.).

Most of the currently locked cars will be buyable.

The ones that have been fully confirmed are those that you can currently only unlock through Forza Drivers' Cup (2015 Porsche 919, Aston Martin Vulcan etc.).
Thanks, that would make 2017 911 RSR unlocked ? I think the 2011 version is gained through the forza cup.

I didn't watch the stream so I'm only going off what's been posted here, but have they said if the class based rivals are coming in the update?

Thanks, that would make 2017 911 RSR unlocked ? I think the 2011 version is gained through the forza cup.

It should since you can still rent it unlike the BMW and MG unicorns.

FM7 wasn't much of an improvement over FM6. I'd be happy with a 3 year wait for FM8 with more support for FM7 over a proper 2 year period. FM7 included only 1 new track vs FM6, and it wasn't even a proper race track. FM6 expansion offered Miami oval and road course as well as Virginia International Raceway.

Perhaps we can still see a mega IMSA/IndyCar expansion pack with cars and tracks for FM7 if FM8 is pushed back a year.

(The "last new to Forza" Audi we've received dates all the way back to FM6)

There have been rumors that Audi is restricting its licensing to full-on sims going forward. Not as bad as the Toyota situation, but still bad.

There have been rumors that Audi is restricting its licensing to full-on sims going forward. Not as bad as the Toyota situation, but still bad.

The 2016 Audi TT RS is in The Crew 2 so I'm doubting the legitimacy of those rumours.

Plus, This Audi TT was included in the Feb update for Forza Motorsport 7.

It’s only a leak so take it with a grain of salt, but the FH4 preload leak had even more Audis than FH3 thanks to the 2001 RS4 and the 2003, 2009, and 2015 RS6s returning from FM. I don’t think there’s anything to worry about with Audi, or at least for this year.

It’s only a leak so take it with a grain of salt, but the FH4 preload leak had even more Audis than FH3 thanks to the 2001 RS4 and the 2003, 2009, and 2015 RS6s returning from FM. I don’t think there’s anything to worry about with Audi, or at least for this year.

So far the theme seems to be that roadgoing Audis newer than 2016 are tough to find in games.

So far the theme seems to be that roadgoing Audis newer than 2016 are tough to find in games.

Have there really been that many games with roadgoing cars since 2016 besides Forza though? The Crew 2 has the 2016 R8 and 2017 TTRS, GT Sport is mostly adding GT5/6-era content with its DLCs so there aren't many post 2016 cars let alone Audis in GTS, and I can't really think of any others.

Yes BMW Z4M and a chevy chevelle 70 FE (if in 75% of fastest pilots). And referee gear for beating the bounty hunter
Aye indeed, I got both cars a few days ago, didn’t try to beat the target for the driver gear.

Let’s hope the Fiesta FE will be sent shortly, I’m also looking forward to next Tuesday to see all normal cars (not FE, not unicorn) being unlocked. I’m now at 17 cars missing, that will drop down to only 3 FE cars missing then:

2017 Ford F-150 Raptor Forza Edition
2016 Honda Civic Type R Forza Edition
1993 Jaguar XJ220 Forza Edition

Let’s hope with the unlocking of regular cars the FE cars will appear in Forzathon/League/Rivals/SpecDealer rotation more frequently as well.

Back