Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
Have the FWD physics changed? I haven't played in a long time. Just did a race in the RS 3 LMS. The tyres aren't screeching as if I'm doing drag burnouts. PLus, while racing AI at Mugello, the car was awesome accelerating, stopping, trailbraking. Real smooth. I'm a controller user and the steering felt weighted. Really good.
The RS3 LMS is a touring car though so it will handle the track pretty good. If you really want to test FWD physics then use a Honda civic or some standard non race car that has power and its FWD

The RS3 LMS is a touring car though so it will handle the track pretty good. If you really want to test FWD physics then use a Honda civic or some standard non race car that has power and its FWD
It's that I remember the WTCC Honda Civic and the Cruze would spin the tyres like crazy in all gears. The RS 3 is well composed.

It's that I remember the WTCC Honda Civic and the Cruze would spin the tyres like crazy in all gears. The RS 3 is well composed.
Well throughout the updates car grip has changed some I do agree with that. Some cars like the 1991 rx-7 IMSA GTO would be slippery too and now it has grip. So you're probably right

I agree. I feel the FWD physics have been quietly improved along with many of the other QoL improvements they've put in every update.

Thing is even in the update release notes they dont mention everything they do which is good. For instance the manual gear shift animations was never mentioned to have been patched but it was a few months back. things like that is what I like about them sometimes.

Tomorrow!
57038378_2387814111241482_4864182563029123072_o.jpg

The closed beta seemed to be an S-Class lobby, I sure hope that image is not misleading and we're getting a public GT lobby. Next logical step would be a slightly better BOP, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Easy, I only happened by the Maserati when the skip tab landed near Mazda. ;)
I did kinda make my own GT4 race set up too btw. I used 4 buckets one being for me in the KTM, another for the Maserati, another for one of the McLaren 12C race cars( the one with 493hp) and the last bucket for either the Audi r8 LMS or the Audi tt quattro hill climb. Now I know half of those cars are not even related to GT4 however you just have to work around that and adjust the handicaps lowering the power for all cars except the KTM. Then it all becomes competitive and a little interesting. Worth a try until we get more GT4 cars or even it's own class (FM8).

You may have accidentally selected the Experimental Drag option.

Find the Race Setup menu under the Setup tab, then set the Game Type to something other than the drag race. You should be able to do normal races afterward.
Thanks, tried that and each time it goes back to drag. Finally I was able to do it.

Doesnt seem to be much going on in this game, I have been at Horizon 4 for a while.

Looking for Fanatec CSL elite settings, I'm having extreme pull with FWD cars almost ripping the wheel out of my hands under acceleration.
Any ideas?

Is there any news yet when they will remove the Forza tire barriers around all the circuits? I assume it will be at the time the Forza race regulations system will go fully live?

Also, any idea if both (tire barriers and FRR) will apply to single player as well?

Is there any news yet when they will remove the Forza tire barriers around all the circuits? I assume it will be at the time the Forza race regulations system will go fully live?

Also, any idea if both (tire barriers and FRR) will apply to single player as well?
Barriers will likely be removed in any lobby that has FRR enabled.

FRR is also multiplayer online I believe.

Looking for Fanatec CSL elite settings, I'm having extreme pull with FWD cars almost ripping the wheel out of my hands under acceleration.
Any ideas?

My wheel isn't set up right now, but I can check at some point during the week. I haven't played with the more recent changes to the wheel settings though, so not sure how useful my old ones would be. Testing on the Veloster got it reasonably decent last time I tried.

My wheel isn't set up right now, but I can check at some point during the week. I haven't played with the more recent changes to the wheel settings though, so not sure how useful my old ones would be. Testing on the Veloster got it reasonably decent last time I tried.

The fix for now is I've left my in game settings alone, turned ffb to 50% on the wheelbase when in a fwd. Not ideal, but works.

Just for the heck of it I bought Forza 7 today. Not exactly what I was expecting. Just in the couple of hours I've had with it I'm assuming you can't really just pick a track, pick a car, choose your race length and just race? You have to follow a pathway of pre chosen races at pre chosen tracks and race conditions? Even in single player?

Is Forza 7 really all about following a journey now?

Just for the heck of it I bought Forza 7 today. Not exactly what I was expecting. Just in the couple of hours I've had with it I'm assuming you can't really just pick a track, pick a car, choose your race length and just race? You have to follow a pathway of pre chosen races at pre chosen tracks and race conditions? Even in single player?

Is Forza 7 really all about following a journey now?

It's called "Free Play" and it's located in the Single Player tab, it's the tile next to the one for the regular career mode. And you really only need to do the career mode if you want one of the reward cars from that section and don't want to use the Auction House.

It's called "Free Play" and it's located in the Single Player tab, it's the tile next to the one for the regular career mode. And you really only need to do the career mode if you want one of the reward cars from that section and don't want to use the Auction House.

I did use Free Play but was unable to pick a certain track, weather, etc. I was able to pick a car but that's about it. I went into race settings and tried to changed race length to 10 laps but then when free play started I was still restricted to the race length the system chose.

There's no more menus to just go from track to track? There's no more places to get liverys & tunes from? It's all about these mods now?

I did use Free Play but was unable to pick a certain track, weather, etc. I was able to pick a car but that's about it. I went into race settings and tried to changed race length to 10 laps but then when free play started I was still restricted to the race length the system chose.

There's no more menus to just go from track to track? There's no more places to get liverys & tunes from? It's all about these mods now?

You have to press A, pressing B doesn't save any settings you've changed.

And tuning and painting is still there, it's under the "Cars" tab.

Back