Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
Havent tried the update yet but so far from what I've gathered on discord, nobody really knows which sounds have been updated, woulda been nice for T10 to give us a list :confused:
Somebody on FM . Net mentioned that some of the hondas have slightly better notes, the Audi 90 sounds like it should, several porsches sound better, the enzo and laferrari sound accurate now, many other ferraris sound good, porsche Carrera GT sounds better and a few other various cars. He mentioned a couple of the Astons too. But other than that idk. Seems like they did touch many cars though.

Yep, Senna sure is fast.

Somebody on FM . Net mentioned that some of the hondas have slightly better notes, the Audi 90 sounds like it should, several porsches sound better, the enzo and laferrari sound accurate now, many other ferraris sound good, porche Carrera GT sounds better and a few other various cars. He mentioned a couple of the Astons too. But other than that idk. Seems like they did touch many cars though.

I just tested the Audi 90, and its chirping turbo noise (which was sadly lacking on previous version) is now definitely present.

Can confirm that both Porsche 917’s have had a sound update, no longer do their sound like Flat 6’s.

The difference in sound on the 917/30 means the sound of the turbo spool is much more noticeable. :drool:

I also double checked the R32,R33 and R34 Skyline sounds and they don’t sound like V12’s anymore, not too sure the GT-R’s were updated.

The Vantage GT12 and DB11 also sound improved too. 👍

Can anybody confirm if the BMW m8 GTE and the Ford GTLM sound different? Those were my two other big gripes as the BMW sounded like a blend of the m3 e92 gt2 and just some loud turbo spool and the Ford gt sounded exactly like the road going version which is far from accurate.

I like the sound of all these changes, and yet I'm still waiting for them to fix the lack of drivatar custom liveries in Free Play. It's a pretty minor gripe considering, but it's one of the things that's kept Forza 7 from being a Play Forever kind of title for me.

I like the sound of all these changes, and yet I'm still waiting for them to fix the lack of drivatar custom liveries in Free Play. It's a pretty minor gripe considering, but it's one of the things that's kept Forza 7 from being a Play Forever kind of title for me.
At the rate they are going with these fixes and updates I'm sure that will be addressed sooner or later. Theres really not too much more left for them to tweak, fix or add other than the AI custom liveries, overhauling the AI, the headlight at night issue, freeplay freezing or glitching sometimes when putting together certain cars within some buckets, and finishing experimental drag. After that I think the game would be close to a solid 10.

I'd love to be able to do a side by side comparison of the game when it came out vs where it is right now. I'm sure it'd be like playing two totally different games.
Yeah this game has done a complete turnaround in the past 18 months it's crazy. The polish, feel, sounds, features and content(cars).

The Senna is brutally harder to drive than it is in FH4, it's like it's not the same car at all. I love how it sounds here too, much more agressive and vicious.

The Senna is brutally harder to drive than it is in FH4, it's like it's not the same car at all. I love how it sounds here too, much more agressive and vicious.
But still, I found it fun to drive, and set some quick lap times along the way. It even accelerates faster than a Dodge Demon.

At the rate they are going with these fixes and updates I'm sure that will be addressed sooner or later. Theres really not too much more left for them to tweak, fix or add other than the AI custom liveries, overhauling the AI, the headlight at night issue, freeplay freezing or glitching sometimes when putting together certain cars within some buckets, and finishing experimental drag. After that I think the game would be close to a solid 10.

Maybe that's good enough for career and free play stuff, but there is still plenty to do for multiplayer.

We still need drafting to be adjusted so it's actually useful/works for overtakes, a way to choose time of day, more configurable car restrictions, timed races that make sense, and menu options to multiply tire wear and/or fuel burn... and those are just the simple-ish things that would likely need just tweaking/adjusting and menu options to control.

The replay system is also abysmal, but that would require more work I think.

Last edited:
The Mclaren Senna is a super popular car in the open track lobbies right now. Most are just struggling to drive it haha, but it's nice seeing them drive it around tracks like the Nurburgring.

Such a great car to come to FM7, and an unexpected one too. :D It's such a different animal compared to FH4. That's the thing I'm find the most shocking. Also, it has a great engine sound!

Would anyone care to make a list of cars with updated sounds? All I know is that the following have been updated:

Ferrari Enzo Ferrari '02
Ferrari LaFerrari '13
Honda Civic Type R (EK) '97
Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '10
Mazda RX-7 (FD) '97
Porsche Carrera GT '03

I just finished doing the April Spotlight Challenge around Silverstone in the Senna, and it really shows just how different the driving dynamics are in Horizon and Motorsport. I drive with stability and traction control off in both. In Horizon, it's a handful compared to other cars in the game, but not especially difficult to control overall. In Motorsport, it's far less forgiving. It's on a knife's edge every moment you're driving it. It really is night and day.

I just finished doing the April Spotlight Challenge around Silverstone in the Senna, and it really shows just how different the driving dynamics are in Horizon and Motorsport. I drive with stability and traction control off in both. In Horizon, it's a handful compared to other cars in the game, but not especially difficult to control overall. In Motorsport, it's far less forgiving. It's on a knife's edge every moment you're driving it. It really is night and day.

It just makes me laugh everytime I drive it. Had a blast around Spa and Watkins Glen earlier tonight, it gobbles up those fast sweepers like nobody's business. A fine addition to the game.

It just makes me laugh everytime I drive it. Had a blast around Spa and Watkins Glen earlier tonight, it gobbles up those fast sweepers like nobody's business. A fine addition to the game.
I wonder how it would do against the apollo IE whenever it arrives. It already beats the Vulcan on the straights, it does corners better than the zonda R, and its quicker overall than the 599XX evo. I need to test it against the FXx K and P1 GTR next.

"it's one of the things that's kept Forza 7 from being a Play Forever kind of title for me."

I can't help thinking this is why they won't 'fix it', too scared people might not buy the next game so quick, because Shift 2 had this 'bug' too.

"it's one of the things that's kept Forza 7 from being a Play Forever kind of title for me."

I can't help thinking this is why they won't 'fix it', too scared people might not buy the next game so quick, because Shift 2 had this 'bug' too.

This bug came from older Forzas.

Yes, I bought a Xbox one X just for Forza.

I have a high end gaming PC but picked up an X just for Red dead redemption as I'm tired of waiting.
(Which is what they want to happen, you win again Microsoft)

I have been playing FM7 on PC, tried it on the X this morning and honestly a bit staggered how good it looks compared to my 1070ti.

There's literally no difference that I can see in visual quality and it runs smoother on the X, probably due to better optimization.

The only noticeable difference is the ffb using the same settings on both platforms, the PC version feels more refined.

Could be the higher end CPU raw physics calculations, could be with the X you lose a few rim adjustments such as Force using Fanatec, I don't know.

Anyway, very impressed with this powerhouse console and RDR looks :eek::eek::eek:

WHY does this game STILL crash when I apply paint or livery? or when I select a car sometimes? my whole system locks for 2/3 mins then goes back to desktop. WHY AFTER 2 YEARS!!! it really ****s me off. I'm not the only one whose reported this before.

I have a high end gaming PC but picked up an X just for Red dead redemption as I'm tired of waiting.
(Which is what they want to happen, you win again Microsoft)

I have been playing FM7 on PC, tried it on the X this morning and honestly a bit staggered how good it looks compared to my 1070ti.

There's literally no difference that I can see in visual quality and it runs smoother on the X, probably due to better optimization.

The only noticeable difference is the ffb using the same settings on both platforms, the PC version feels more refined.

Could be the higher end CPU raw physics calculations, could be with the X you lose a few rim adjustments such as Force using Fanatec, I don't know.

Anyway, very impressed with this powerhouse console and RDR looks :eek::eek::eek:

Hopefully RDR2 will be announced for PC soon, I can wait.

I've been playing FM7 on PC in 4k and 200% resolution scale lately since they added scale, and ultra, it looks STUNNING.

(resized this one to 1440p)

W6NX5P.png

WCKxS5.png

WCvOvi.png

WCu2YK.png

Would anyone care to make a list of cars with updated sounds? All I know is that the following have been updated:

Ferrari Enzo Ferrari '02
Ferrari LaFerrari '13
Honda Civic Type R (EK) '97
Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670-4 SuperVeloce '10
Mazda RX-7 (FD) '97
Porsche Carrera GT '03

These are all of the sound changes I have seen so far. Some of them are just assumptions as models with similar or matching engines got their sounds changed. Some of them are bigger changes than others. Some require you to listen closely to realise. I probably won't update this list,
but it speaks for itself. Go have a look and see what you think. (yes, hondas are fixed now)

1980 Abarth Fiat 131

2002 Acura RSX Type-S
2001 Acura Integra Type-R

2017 Aston Martin DB11
2010 Aston Martin One-77

2016 Audi R8 V10 plus
2013 Audi R8 Coupe V10 plus 5.2 FSI quattro
1989 Audi #89 Audi 90 quattro IMSA GTO (Slight Change, Turbo)
1986 Audi #2 Audi Sport quattro S1 (Slight Change, Turbo)
1983 Audi Sport quattro (Slight Change, Turbo)

2017 Ferrari GTC4Lusso
2017 Ferrari 812 Superfast
2015 Ferrari F12tdf
2015 Ferrari 488 GTB
2014 Ferrari FXX K
2013 Ferrari LaFerrari
2012 Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione
2012 Ferrari F12berlinetta
2011 Ferrari FF
2010 Ferrari 599XX
2010 Ferrari 599 GTO
2002 Ferrari Enzo Ferrari
1996 Ferrari F50 GT
1995 Ferrari F50

2016 Honda Civic Type R
2007 Honda Civic Type-R
2004 Honda Civic Type-R
1997 Honda Civic Type R
1991 Honda CR-X SiR
1986 Honda Civic Si
1984 Honda Civic CRX Mugen

2016 Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV
2013 Lamborghini Veneno
2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SV
2008 Lamborghini Reventon

2010 Maserati Gran Turismo S
2004 Maserati MC12

2011 Mazda RX-8 R3
1997 Mazda RX-7 [FD]
1990 Mazda Savanna RX-7 [FC]
1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE [FB]

1990 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II

2017 Nissan GT-R
2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition
2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (Slight Change)
1998 Nissan R390
1997 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (Slight Change)
1993 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec (Slight Change)
1987 Nissan Skyline GTS-R (Slight Change)

2016 Pagani Huayra BC
2012 Pagani Huayra
2010 Pagani Zonda R

2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
2014 Porsche 918 Spyder
2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0
2003 Porsche Carrera GT
1973 Porsche #6 Penske Sunoco 917/30 Can Am Spyder
1971 Porsche #23 917/20

1993 Renault Clio Williams
1990 Renault Alpine GTA Le Mans

2015 Volvo S60 Polestar (Slight Change)
2015 Volvo V60 Polestar (Slight Change)

Have the FWD physics changed? I haven't played in a long time. Just did a race in the RS 3 LMS. The tyres aren't screeching as if I'm doing drag burnouts. PLus, while racing AI at Mugello, the car was awesome accelerating, stopping, trailbraking. Real smooth. I'm a controller user and the steering felt weighted. Really good.

Back