Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
I got mine too plus a suprise SNES classic damn you GameStop. I was one of the first ones in the store they had 14 of the SNESs, my Forza download is at 62 percent
I honestly don't know my percentage, but now my game disc is installed, but I have the online space left.

To add, there's something odd about my game install. It says that I only needed to install a bit over 33 percent on both the disc and online, giving me a total of 67 percent to install rounded up. I'm guessing this is because I'm playing on a regular Xbox One rather than the X?

Seriously T10?

B1ED2324-6412-40CE-BF67-9B4F98399B06.jpeg

Enjoying the FDC so far. Starting out in my upcoming daily I'm eyeing up for next year, the 2016 Corsa VXR. It just really feels like Forza 6 with some spit and polish on it. The FDC does have some echoes of the old Gran Turismo career about it, which is nice.

Can't you use mods on endurance races? Wanted to start the one in the C7.R at Spa (23 laps) in the second tier thing but the mods button is greyed out.

Up and down week so many games being games being released, having a lot of fun with the FM7 demo & PC2, then my Fanatec Clubsport V2 died suddenly early in the week, started out the day with my office computer not turning on, not all is lost FedEx showed up with the replacement Fanatec Clubsport V2.5 & hub, now with Forza 7 out, this weekend to play.
:gtpflag:

I am still sitting on the fence whether to get this after playing the demo which for some reason did not grab my attention as much as i thought it would. I haven't pre-ordered this time as I have Pcars2 and GT Sport to play out first and I will pick it up in a little while.

Of course the most important question, have any of you tried the Photo mode yet and are there any changes to the way things are done or graphical improvements? :sly:👍
i.e Are the side mirrors still blank? Is the strange blur (aperture) there and any more movement of the camera up higher? :cheers:

@torque99 photomode is much the same as it was but with the refined graphics and lighting it feels better. Cool new addition is being able to do photo mode in forza vista from the pits before the race.

Game is at 75% now but I’ll have to pause it while I go to work hopefully I can get it done installing when I get out of work at 11pm.

17 Laps in at Suzuka Full Alt, I really don't like the Alt layout. Oh well.

Kinda unhappy that I'm already grinding for credits, reminds me of GT6.

Will anyone in here will be kind enought to play on the NURB 24H layout at night, wet and day time so I can look and drool at them graffiks? Thx in advance.

Well, looks like the Skyline engine sounds are still screwed up from FH3. Splurged on the R33 LM Road Going Model and it's got an M4 engine sound (the exact same sound from FH3).

Most importantly, they fixed the physics from the demo.

At the beginning of your FDC, if you're smart, you will take a free:
Bugatti EB110,
Ferrari F50
Ferrari F40
Or
McLaren F1.

I love the Bugatti, I hadn't driven it in any game before, ever. It's fantastic.

I'm already tier 3 out of 5 for car collecting, so that shouldn't be of concern to many people. As long as you play the game, you will reach tier 5 pretty quickly.

I can't say I am thrilled about the homologation stuff, but at the same time, almost no racing in real life is with stock cars of the showroom floor, even if they are my preference.

I didn't spend a lot of time with FM6, but it really doesn't feel like a polished FM6 to me, much more like a new game, particularly in the way cars drive, but I will test more with a wheel then.

Lastly, I don't currently see a need for grinding, or an overage of spare cash. If I wanted something specific, maybe. But the economy seems pretty good, all things considered.
Car prices are weird, but cars like an F40 or F50 don't cost 1-2 million dollars, so saving the 6-700k for them isn't nearly so bad.

All in all, I am quite happy with the game so far, even if it's not perfect, it checks most of my boxes.

Well, looks like the Skyline engine sounds are still screwed up from FH3. Splurged on the R33 LM Road Going Model and it's got an M4 engine sound (the exact same sound from FH3).
One will hope that they will update the sounds on all of the cars that sounds off just like they did with the GTR GT500 motul. From the E3 demo to the before launch demo it showed a massive improvement in accuracy.

Earlier on in the day, I started with the Mclaren F1 and now am doing an event with muscle cars in a Phase IV Ford Falcon. Getting good passes is difficult for me to do.

So cars bought from the specialty dealer have a "production run" number and date of purchase attached to them... I can only imagine the price gouging nonsense that this is going to cause when the auction house goes live.

Not a fan of the lighting on some of the tracks. Bathhurst for example set to day it pretty dark on the back side of the track coming down the long straight and through the last few corners, hard to see the track. In 6 they had some sun glare there now it is dark, why is it that they have not been able to give us lighting that will make the track visible without glare or sun directly in your face. I think Forza 2 was the last one that had tracks which all had good visibility.

Anyone else seeing problems getting a replay to work after a freeplay race on the PC.

I have tired a couple of times now to view the replay of the race and the cars just sit there at the start line and do nothing.
If I hit the skip ahead button then it jumps ahead in the race a bit but all of the cars are going in reverse :lol:

Anyone been able to actually sync paints/decals from Horizon 3? It just sits at 0% for me.

Last edited:
Anyone been able to actually sync paints/decals from Horizon 3? It just sits at 0% for me.
I did 2 liveries last night with no issues, but I haven't done my big logo import session yet (200+), that's coming later.

I did 2 liveries last night with no issues, but I haven't done my big logo import session yet (200+), that's coming later.

Does it only import decals/paints you've made yourself or all of the decals/paints you had saved from others too? All mine were saved from other people so if it doesn't even sync those I'm just wasting my time waiting for it finish.

Edit: It finally finished and it synced all the decals from others I've saved but not paints.

Last edited:
Back