Forza Motorsport 7: General Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 6,750 comments
I have a question, because I m quite new to the Forza franchise: during the endurance races can you save your progress or do you have to go all the way?
There are no mid-race saves in Forza Motorsport 7. The only current-year console game I have played that supports this feature is F1 2017.

Even though this has been the case since endurance races first appeared in the series, it still kinda sux that we can't save enduro races in FM7!

Did a 3 Hour endurance on Laguna Seca a few days ago, which was pretty fun. AI were no challenge at all though, and I was on unbeatable, unless the Corvette DP is just overpowered for Forza P2. It could also be that the AI aren't great in fast race cars as I usually beat them really easily on most tracks in IMSA Cars, LMP2, F1 90's, GP '17 & Group C.

Capture.PNG

09-10-2017_22-55-55.png

I'm actually loving FM7 so far, with most of my time being spent running mini-endurances in the game's race cars.

Did a 3 Hour endurance on Laguna Seca a few days ago, which was pretty fun. AI were no challenge at all though, and I was on unbeatable, unless the Corvette DP is just overpowered for Forza P2. It could also be that the AI aren't great in fast race cars as I usually beat them really easily on most tracks in IMSA Cars, LMP2, F1 90's, GP '17 & Group C.

View attachment 678885
View attachment 678886

I'm actually loving FM7 so far, with most of my time being spent running mini-endurances in the game's race cars.

I'm finding "unbeatable" AI to be no challenge in any class, the AI in forza is to be seen as an obstacle NOT an opponent .

I won't talk about AI in another very recently released game in demo form on another console in here, however that AI is incredible to race against esp in longer races

I'm finding "unbeatable" AI to be no challenge in any class, the AI in forza is to be seen as an obstacle NOT an opponent .
I have found a few times where they really were unbeatable. In those few instances they were getting speeds and lap times that were not possible to attain with the car they used and possibly not possible in the division they were running in. To date I have saw it 3 times in FM7 and once in FM6, My brother has also saw this 3 times in FM7. I tried to look at the replay to see just how fast the AI was going but at the time could not figure how how to get to the other car. I know now so if it happens I get I will see what the Ai car is actually doing.

Anyway in one of those instances that my brother and I saw we posted the #1 and #2 times ont he leaderboard and were both lapped by 2 AI cars not once but twice. When I drove the AI car that was doing it with the base setup it was far slower than the setups we were using. roughly 1.5 seconds slower per lap yet in that race it was 1.5 seconds faster than out tuned cars, 3 seconds faster than it should have been if running the fastest line and about 3.2 seconds faster than it should have been running the AI line.

Please share the payouts when you're finished. After reading the guy who took 8 hours to do the Nurburgring for 2 million cr., it didn't seem exactly efficient in that area.
Going roughly off the payouts I get from 15-20 minute races, it doesn't seem that far off. I get anywhere between 70-85k for about 15-20 minutes of racing. If we just say its every 20 minutes, then that's 210,000-255000 an hour, 1,680,000-2,000,000 for 8. If we don't factor in that extra 5 minutes, it'll like be a bit over, but not by much.

You can't really based it off minutes though without also factoring in the speed of the car used. For example I would get a lot more credits per minute if I were to drive an Indy car on Daytona oval than if I were to drive the old beetle around well anywhere ;)

Also different tracks pay different amounts per mile. Daytona is one of the lowest, maybe the lowest. Indy is a bit higher and more complex tracks are of course higher.

Also I am thinking that 75-80k in 15-20 minutes is including more than the actual race credits.
The 125 mile race on Nurburgring paid 100k and that is 8 laps around the full ring that of course is not counting any difficulty bonus, mod bonus or car bonus that could be in play in such a race. Lap times there in that car are under 10 minutes but not a lot so you are looking at over an hour there for 100k

Last edited:
You can't really based it off minutes though without also factoring in the speed of the car used. For example I would get a lot more credits per minute if I were to drive an Indy car on Daytona oval than if I were to drive the old beetle around well anywhere ;)
I think payout is based off laps, rather than minutes, to be honest. Although, I'm not entirely sure now that I think of it. Would 20 laps with that beetle at the Ring payout the same as 20 laps With that Indy Car? I think I'll test this out later today, just not with 20 laps lol.

Either way, that 20 minutes is based off the lower classes that I use the most, so it's just my average, really. That's why I put a rather large bracket inbetween the two, to take into account the differences in tracks.

I think payout is based off laps, rather than minutes, to be honest. Although, I'm not entirely sure now that I think of it. Would 20 laps with that beetle at the Ring payout the same as 20 laps With that Indy Car? I think I'll test this out later today, just not with 20 laps lol.

Either way, that 20 minutes is based off the lower classes that I use the most, so it's just my average, really. That's why I put a rather large bracket inbetween the two, to take into account the differences in tracks.

I have tested it on Homestead oval with lots of different cars while tuning. 10 laps 1st place pays 14,000 credits no matter if it is an Indy car or something much slower.

I have tested it on Homestead oval with lots of different cars while tuning. 10 laps 1st place pays 14,000 credits no matter if it is an Indy car or something much slower.
Ah gotcha, but that's a bit cheap to be honest. There should be some sort of variance at least.

Either way, like I said that was just my average of one of my most used cars/class.

Ah gotcha, but that's a bit cheap to be honest. There should be some sort of variance at least.

Either way, like I said that was just my average of one of my most used cars/class.
I assume you were including more than just the base credits for winning the race? Even that 125 mile ring race in the Honda race car only paid 100k and took over an hour.

Edit by comparison though 50 laps on Daytona Oval in a well tuned GT-R FE takes just over 35 minutes and pays 89k + another 44k car bonus + 89k for difficulty + up to 3x89k for mods used.

I did a one hour race there in an Indy car with 3 100% vip mods and netted just under 1 million for one hour.

Last edited:
I assume you were including more than just the base credits for winning the race? Even that 125 mile ring race in the Honda race car only paid 100k and took over an hour
It's taking into account my credit bonus with drivitar difficulty, I forgot to include that, so that very well could make a difference in payouts. With that, I get about 70-85k every <20 minutes.

I think next month will be the first month of DLC
They've usually started in October in the past, but then again, the FM & FH series usually release in September. So with release being October 2, having DLC starting in November would make sense.

There are no mid-race saves in Forza Motorsport 7. The only current-year console game I have played that supports this feature is F1 2017.

Now can you turn off the system without quitting FM7 and come back later and start from where you paused it? I'm pretty sure you can do that.

The game has been enjoyable so far, but FM7 has some major issues. The homologation system is absolutely terrible and makes the career mode rather dry. It could have been implemented in better detail by having both vehicle and performance classes, such as having both a B class homologated hot hatch class and an A class homogolated hot hatch class. This would appease both the realism and the casual crowds. I also noticed that the AI has been horribly inconsistent, particularly in the first Formula E series. The loot box system is forgivable, but is rather annoying since it ruins the point of being a VIP member.

The homologation system is absolutely terrible and makes the career mode rather dry. It could have been implemented in better detail by having both vehicle and performance classes, such as having both a B class homologated hot hatch class and an A class homogolated hot hatch class.
I haven't had an issue with it so far, but I agree with what you just said and that sounds like a much better idea. Another issue is the fact that none of these homologated classes show up in the rivals section, which is an area where I would spend most of my freetime.

I feel we should be able to mix certain classes too, if we'd like.
The loot box system is forgivable, but is rather annoying since it ruins the point of being a VIP member.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean here.

I haven't had an issue with it so far, but I agree with what you just said and that sounds like a much better idea. Another issue is the fact that none of these homologated classes show up in the rivals section, which is an area where I would spend most of my freetime.

I feel we should be able to mix certain classes too, if we'd like.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here.
I agree with you about mixing the classes and the rivals, it really doesn't make much sense why that was omitted. Sorry, I should have been more specific, the idea in general is okay for new outfits and minor bonuses, but the VIP credit bonuses should not have been limited to the prize crates.

I agree with you about mixing the classes and the rivals, it really doesn't make much sense why that was omitted. Sorry, I should have been more specific, the idea in general is okay for new outfits and minor bonuses, but the VIP credit bonuses should not have been limited to the prize crates.
Yeah, hopefully it's something that add in update, because as it sits the Rivals section is relatively useless to me right now. As for the crates, I'm still not quite sure I understand. The VIP bonuses where given in mod cards, are there some tied into the loot crates? Aside from that, VIP credit bonuses are changing in a future update, and it's going to be a permanent 2x credit bonus soon.

Maybe I'm seeing things but tracks like Lime Rock, which has only a day time setting, still has different times of day like, morning with fog or afternoon. I think Catalunya has a sunset time of day. So how in the world do I change these settings in free play?

Maybe I'm seeing things but tracks like Lime Rock, which has only a day time setting, still has different times of day like, morning with fog or afternoon. I think Catalunya has a sunset time of day. So how in the world do I change these settings in free play?
Yes, that's normal for most of the tracks with only a day setting. They said that they'd be random when you start each race, which kind of sucks. Why are we able to select rain options, but not day options?

Back