Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
Of which none of that is true all the time. Have you been to a race weekend? There are almost always way more trucks on hand than there are cars on the track.

Even on race day at COTA in May during the Weathertech series, they had 30 minute hot lap sessions in between races for those who paid money to do so in cars provided by the facility. A pesky helicopter even showed up half way.

While I maintain that Forza's on-track presentation has gone too far for my liking, your race weekend example raises a fair point. Something closer to the average trackday setting just happens to be what I prefer.

I think it's time to leave some room for the innocent bystanders caught in the crossfire:

We still talking about low flying aircraft?

This has honestly one of the single stupidest arguments to ever plague a thread that I've seen on here.

Let's talk about something else, like minimum specs ;)
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/forza-motorsport-7-official-pc-system-requirements/

Minimum
Architecture: x64
Keyboard: Integrated Keyboard
Mouse: Integrated Mouse
DirectX: DirectX 12 API, Hardware Feature Level 11
Memory: 8 GB
Video Memory: 2 GB
Processor: Intel i5-750 2.67 GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GT 740 or NVIDIA GTX 650 or AMD R7 250X

Recommended
Architecture: x64
Keyboard: Integrated Keyboard
Mouse: Integrated Mouse
DirectX: DirectX 12 API, Hardware Feature Level 11
Memory: 8 GB
Video Memory: 4 GB
Processor: Intel i5 4460 3.2GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 670 or NVIDIA 1050 Ti

I wonder - will the 4k version of the game run higher-res maps for liveries, thus ensuring enhanced crispiness of our paintjobs?

I wonder - will the 4k version of the game run higher-res maps for liveries, thus ensuring enhanced crispiness of our paintjobs?

Liveries on other cars looks pretty crisp in the GTR GT500 video.

koZrHJq.jpg

https://ar12gaming.com/articles/forza-7-campaign

Confirmation of dynamic time?

They've really not talked about dynamic time in detail, maybe they are holding this information for later?

Last edited:
Here we go:

fNkKQHs.png
Although its a screen capture, it doesn't look any different than FM6 at this point, then. Even from a distance you can still tell they aren't very crisp. Hopefully it's something they work on.

eh, I guess the car count will be the main attraction for me. I can't wait to see what cars come back, and what cars are added. RealTime NSX/Integra? Hehe..

same,didnt expected anything else,but hey-something is better than nothing,and i rather have small properly made things,than big horribly implemented,T10 progressing Forza carefully,trying not to brake whats not broken,and im happy with that as long as i get Forza every few years.

While I appreciate dynamic weather, I'd much rather have dynamic time of day :rolleyes:

I want to race the Nurburgring, Le Mans and Spa like a proper endurance race :rolleyes:
Well then I suppose we can wait for info to see what is actually happening.

While I appreciate dynamic weather, I'd much rather have dynamic time of day :rolleyes:

I want to race the Nurburgring, Le Mans and Spa like a proper endurance race :rolleyes:
Agreed. I think that if day/night cycle was in, they would have already announced and shown it, since It's a pretty big feature, one that has been requested for a few years now. Maybe they couldn't achieve a rock-solid framerate with dynamic weather and time of day on the standard Xbox, so they decided to go for the former. An understandable decision, for sure, since they never sacrificed performance.

@Imari had a pretty solid post that the video of the weather system might have hinted at dynamic day/night given how dark it became when the rain finally stopped & the sun was setting, compared to the start where it was simply overcast.

Agreed. I think that if day/night cycle was in, they would have already announced and shown it, since It's a pretty big feature, one that has been requested for a few years now. Maybe they couldn't achieve a rock-solid framerate with dynamic weather and time of day on the standard Xbox, so they decided to go for the former. An understandable decision, for sure.
Its only been a couple of days since E3, I'm sure they aren't going to reveal all their tricks in one go. They never do. They give you a little teaser with a tiny bit of new info and hold onto the juicy stuff for the later months. No exact answer yet but check out this quote from @FordGTGuy

Liveries on other cars looks pretty crisp in the GTR GT500 video.

koZrHJq.jpg

https://ar12gaming.com/articles/forza-7-campaign

Confirmation of dynamic time?

They've really not talked about dynamic time in detail, maybe they are holding this information for later?

"Dynamic weather and time" can very well mean it's dynamic for both. Or it can specifically mean that only dynamic weather is involved since they didn't jam the word Dynamic in front of time. We know something is there, we just don't know what.

Its only been a couple of days since E3, I'm sure they aren't going to reveal all their tricks in one go. They never do. They give you a little teaser with a tiny bit of new info and hold onto the juicy stuff for the later months. No exact answer yet but check out this quote from @FordGTGuy

"Dynamic weather and time" can very well mean it's dynamic for both. Or it can specifically mean that only dynamic weather is involved since they didn't jam the word Dynamic in front of time. We know something is there, we just don't know what.

Sure, It's possible that they might reveal it down the road even if I think It's a bit unlikely.

Anyway, that quote comes from AR12Gaming, which is not an official source. Yesterday, VG24/7 wrote something similar and their article (http://www.vg247.com/2017/06/13/for...ic-weather-and-daynight-cycle-in-glorious-4k/) was pulled. Same for Arekkz's video where he was talking about day/night cycle. I guess they were removed because these infos were inaccurate.

We'll see in the next months if something shows up to confirm or deny a day/night cycle.

Sure, It's possible that they might reveal it down the road even if I think It's a bit unlikely.

Anyway, that quote comes from AR12Gaming, which is not an official source. Yesterday, VG24/7 wrote something similar and their article (http://www.vg247.com/2017/06/13/for...ic-weather-and-daynight-cycle-in-glorious-4k/) was pulled. Same for Arekkz's video where he was talking about day/night cycle. I guess they were removed because these infos were inaccurate.

We'll see in the next months if something shows up to confirm or deny a day/night cycle.
Have his claims been wildly inaccurate in the past? I hate most Youtube personalities, so I don't know much about him, or anyone.

The fact is, we just don't know, and it would be a huge hit if it actually is dynamic. That is something I'd want to hold onto to build up hype closer to release. However, if it is there, I see it being very much like Dynamic Weather, which is apparently not available for all tracks.

In the video game industry, things tend to get removed when they are too close to home, or info was released that wasn't supposed to. Errors usually get corrected, not the whole article wiped.

So, maybe a bit interesting, but on IG, the Gold Rush Rally has a recent post dedicated to a LeMans viewing party at the Peterson Automotive Museum June 18th, inviting people to join them for the race and win prizes by playing Forza. The event is hosted by FM in conjunction with GR, Michelin, & Microsoft.

Probably nothing, but GR doesn't usually advertise sponsorships unless they're involved in some way with the rally.

So, maybe a bit interesting, but on IG, the Gold Rush Rally has a recent post dedicated to a LeMans viewing party at the Peterson Automotive Museum June 18th, inviting people to join them for the race and win prizes by playing Forza. The event is hosted by FM in conjunction with GR, Michelin, & Microsoft.

Probably nothing, but GR doesn't usually advertise sponsorships unless they're involved in some way with the rally.

Hm...Now im wondering what the surprise at the end of SP campaign awaits..Not that i want to know/spoil,but its intriguing

i wonder what the regular xbox one version will have chopped off the game they shown us, because i see no point on getting a Xbox on X for myself (AKA as a guy that doesnt have a 4k tv)... i hope they keep the 60fps at least

i wonder what the regular xbox one version will have chopped off the game they shown us, because i see no point on getting a Xbox on X for myself (AKA as a guy that doesnt have a 4k tv)... i hope they keep the 60fps at least

60fps is always on,no question about that,more likely just wont be 4k,XB1 is still good enough for all visuals i believe.

Wonder if Prius is in? Liberty Walk Prius any?

From what I've heard the Xbox One X will make particle effects and other things much better even on 1080p. The X could also be the difference in playing certain games on 60 FPS and 30

Back