Forza Motorsport 7: General Pre-Release Discussion

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,837 comments
I realllly dislike the look of those Donk kits, but I may as well mess around with it :P

And that Jaguar F-Type is labelled "ME" instead of "FE", name mistake perhaps? Although I believe Motorsport Edition would be a better term overall.

You mean this one?

OqId5zp.png
God, IT IS TRUE after all :lol:

Where did you hear about new photomode stuff? That'd be a very welcome change IMO, photomode has barely been touched since FM2.
I'm sitting here scratching my head trying to figure where I saw it, and I'm stumped. I'm beginning to think I just imagined it.

I'm really liking the car collection aspect of this game. A speciality dealer for exclusive cars that show from time to time? This is awesome. Almost UCD from GT5. :)
Plus the auction house on top of it all, when it unlocks. :cheers:. I'm pretty excited.
I must say FM7 is giving me them Gran Turismo vibes, and that's great! Progressing through this game's career mode is going to be excellent, unlike in FM6 where, well...let's just say it got repetitive real quick imo. Lol.

Purchasing new cars for your car collection? Count me in! :D

Truth be told, i'm disappointed affinity has been replaced with the collector tiers. The tiers seem very shortterm and completely different from affinity, it makes no sense to replace one with the other imo

I must say FM7 is giving me them Gran Turismo vibes, and that's great! Progressing through this game's career mode is going to be excellent, unlike in FM6 where, well...let's just say it got repetitive real quick imo. Lol.

Purchasing new cars for your car collection? Count me in! :D
Yes and no. Better career than GT5/6 for sure but you can start with expensive cars too early in Forza.

Judging by today's livestream, it's probably going to be a good grind to get all the cars this time around. It seems like a good balance though, I think they hit a sweet spot with it. Not too hard to buy the cars you really want.

I wouldn't say that's really true anymore. :)

Normally I tend to agree with you, but as today's T10 livestream showed, you can literally get a McLaren F1 or a Ferrari F50 as your very first car in career mode... If you can actually sell one of those back for any amount of credits, you're golden for quite a while.

I have obtained a copy of Forza Motorsport 7 and am downloading now. Will be working on importing designs over the weekend ;)
What?? Whattt?? How?
Can you please check how penalties work (at least offline, if online is still down).
You know it's a big deal for us. For me...a game changer.

What?? Whattt?? How?
Can you please check how penalties work (at least offline, if online is still down).
You know it's a big deal for us. For me...a game changer.
For me too, Multiplayer is something I care about more than painting ;)

I don't have a pre-release unlocked version, just the Ultimate Edition so I'll be playing tomorrow along with everyone else.

That brings up a good point though, maybe we should have a Q&A thread so that Ultimate Edition owners can inform those who don't have the game yet of any features they are curious about. I'll make that thread once the UE unlocks.

I wasn't able to watch the live feed last night, but did anyone notice if timing intervals have returned to the series (the time difference between you and the car in front/behind) I have only briefly played the demo and didn't notice them on that or any of the demo game play footage posted.

I wasn't able to watch the live feed last night, but did anyone notice if timing intervals have returned to the series (the time difference between you and the car in front/behind) I have only briefly played the demo and didn't notice them on that or any of the demo game play footage posted.

I didn't see any time deltas, although you can use the distance ahead/behind indicator again.

I'm confused has all 700 cars been revealed yet?

The Car List thread has about 670 and the remainder are Motorsport Editions, Hoonigan and Fate of the Furious cars.

I'm confused has all 700 cars been revealed yet?
27 cars (including the VIP cars) are Forza Editions and we're at 671 cars :nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous:

17 more with the Hoonigan car pack and the Fate of the Furious car pack, so that's 689 cars, and then with the Forza Editions (39 cars), we're now at 727 cars.

Last edited:
My game is pre-loading finally. Should be done tonight, then the rest tomorrow at launch. 👍

One small detail I liked during the demo that I hope applies to the full game is the fact that half the car's tire is not a shadow any more during a race (and hopefully not in forzavista). In all previous Forza games half the tire was shadow and half was a modeled tire, which looked really bad quite frankly. Looks a lot more realistic now that the whole thing is modeled.

Watching this live stream as we speak

I watched it live too. Clearle there is a lot to be desired when using a wheel. I was about to write, is there any noticeable time delay between the wheel movement and the car(inputlag) and just like he was telepathically answering me he says that it feels like there is inputlag. Baaah, I still dont understand turn10 inability to make a wheel to work good in their titles. Look at all those cars, why cant I enjoy them fully with the wheel, would be such a good game. To be honest Forza 7 had me hyped the most after I saw how livley the needle of the rev counter was. Still impressed by it :D

Anybody by any chance have any link with yesterdays Live Stream?It was late where i am atm and didnt watch all,there is still no clip on official FM Twitch :(

@willbsn13 Hi, have your started playing the game already? I saw on the Xbox's news feed that your had already unlocked an achievement...

Attachments

• 1506602871293431533686.jpg
    1506602871293431533686.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 38
Back