Forza Motorsport 7 Install Size is 95GB — And Half That is a Download

I thought this was stupid when I first heard but it's apparently because Xbox One doesn't yet support multiple disc installs.

Im guessin the pc size will be around the same. Planned on gettin this on pc as i don't have an xbone and dont plan on buyinh one. Looks like in gonna have to upgrade to that 1tb ssd sooner then i thought.

I wonder those like me with the digital purchase, will we get the 45GB preload, then hit with the 50GB separately or will the 95GB preloaded as a whole.

They should make their games a bit smarter. One "Forza common gamefiles" of 50-100 GB to put all the copy/paste stuff in, and then 1 separate app for FM7 for everything that is new to the franchise. I doubt they would need more than 5 GB for the latter! :)

I thought this was stupid when I first heard but it's apparently because Xbox One doesn't yet support multiple disc installs.
I guess X1 doesnt read multilayer Blu Rays either cause i know that there are 100 GB Discs out there.

OT
thats the install size of F1 2017, AC und PC2 combined. Tuesday the demo drops

There will also be a new Specialty Vendor that will regularly offer unique cars for players to purchase
I don't like that... I hope the purchase will be with ingame currency and not with real money like some F2P...

I've got a Xbox one s and a Samsung KS7000 4k tv, is this game gonna look better on my tv than it would on a normal HD 1080p tv or will it just look the same, the tv is also HDR

I've got a Xbox one s and a Samsung KS7000 4k tv, is this game gonna look better on my tv than it would on a normal HD 1080p tv or will it just look the same, the tv is also HDR

I'm hoping it at least has HDR on the S. Horizon 3 does. Can't see why this wouldn't.

Why don't they just ditch discs altogether & sell it on a 64/128/256 Gb silly stick ? Packaging would be smaller, no need for a disc drives / failures.
Surely it's the same as people getting the digital version without having to download the thing no ?
And wouldn't reading it from a stick be a little like a SSD as in alot faster ?

Why don't they just ditch discs altogether & sell it on a 64/128/256 Gb silly stick ? Packaging would be smaller, no need for a disc drives / failures.
Surely it's the same as people getting the digital version without having to download the thing no ?

Because that's too convenient.

I feel extremely fortunate about my new internet service.

At most, this 95 GB download will complete in about 28 minutes.
If I had been doing this on my old internet plan, this would've taken me 37 hours or more.
Can I borrow some megabytes? :lol:

I've wondered that too. I could be mistaken, but I think the two main hurdles there are costs and security.

Blessed be thy uncapped data. I made the best decision when not switching ISP's. They now how capped data, but they kept the original uncapped for old customers. This will still take about 2-3 hours for me, or more. About the same as DOOM I'm guessing.

Does anyone know what date it will actually be available as a pre-download (Pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition on the XBOX store)?

They should make their games a bit smarter. One "Forza common gamefiles" of 50-100 GB to put all the copy/paste stuff in, and then 1 separate app for FM7 for everything that is new to the franchise. I doubt they would need more than 5 GB for the latter! :)
That wouldn't really help us PC users as it's all new code on PC.

It only took my 3 hours to update a 5 GB update in GT5.

I'm sure I can handle a 95 GB installation :boggled:

Latest Posts

Back