Forza Motorsport 7: Leagues

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 186 comments
I gave the leagues a try yesterday, and did terrible. Mostly because I am unfamiliar with the tracks selected. Can't be competitive on a track the first time I am on it. Does anyone have a list of the tracks used, so I can practice first?

Does anybody know how the progress bar for the prize car works?

I’ve done races in both, but the bar is only half full. Do we have to score podiums and wins in each class?

Don’t quote me however I have searched all over the net and it seems that the cars and race suits are awarded to all who participate.
I think the progress bar is more a countdown of days remaining.
If I find solid info or confirmation of the above I will pass the info on here.

Just read a tip that suggests if you want to earn points easier in leagues do 1 race in lobby then quit join a new lobby where you start last finish better than last and always get rather than lose points.

Don’t quote me however I have searched all over the net and it seems that the cars and race suits are awarded to all who participate.
I think the progress bar is more a countdown of days remaining.
If I find solid info or confirmation of the above I will pass the info on here.

I think that may be the case as shortly after I made that post another spot was filled in and I hadn’t ran any more races.

It’s rather disappointing how bad T10’s communication has been with FM7.

I think that may be the case as shortly after I made that post another spot was filled in and I hadn’t ran any more races.

It’s rather disappointing how bad T10’s communication has been with FM7.

Yeah most other forums are saying that. The only info is that on Week in Review on Forza Hub which basically says we have leagues and there are gifts/prizes but beyond that it’s a matter of suck it and see.
Guess time will give us the answer.

I have entered leagues over 10 times and have yet to either start at the same time as everyone else or even make it to the grid, not that it would matter since wheel support still feels like a 2 second delay on a 90s daytona game.

Do we get a prize car for not doing many races? I’ve done a few races in the hatch and supercar rooms. Never one a race I’m still at lv? 5.

Do we get a prize car for not doing many races? I’ve done a few races in the hatch and supercar rooms. Never one a race I’m still at lv? 5.

The first series is the gingerbread man outfit. Cars come later in the next couple of series. It seems that you get whatever the prize is just for running in or maybe better to say completing one or more race during each series.

New series have been lauched today, there's ghost Sports Coupe (aka spec Cayman and Project 7) and the other one I believe is Exotic GT with no assists. Prize is the XK120.

I assume you just have to participate in the leagues to get the prizes? I've not done terribly good in the first series and still got gifted the gingerbreadman outfit.

Got my highest place so far 3rd!
41B7F571-0A29-4BC3-BCDA-803724A23316.jpeg

At road Atlanta club circuit.

Who’s bright idea was it to have Exotic GT’s be the first Simulation event?

I almost made it through the first section of Suzuka West before getting taken out. Thankfully my car wasn’t badly damaged so I was able to limp home in 7th (pretty much everyone behind me had to pit or just gave up and quit), but it still wasn’t an enjoyable experience.

I ran two races in the Simulation league, and I had to pit on the second lap with 100% damage both times. Finished 14th out of 14 in the first race, and 12th out of 14 in the second race. So not so much fun.

I really think most people racing in this game on line (forum members excluded) must ride the short bus.
Why the hell bother with a racing game just to drive like a complete 🤬.
The penalties applied are garbage.
I really hope Turn 10 can sort this garbage out.
I have already started racing online in GT Sport which is not great either but way better than Forza so far.

Yeah, Exotic GT is not a good choice for Simulation. Well, it's fine in theory, but the number of inept drivers, either intentional or not, makes it a mess. The track selection doesn't help either; I was placed at VIR Patriot Alt, and qualifying up near the front just mean there were more people to utterly crush me into the wall at T1 — even when I started braking early.

Despite that, I did win a race (at the short Road America layout, in a default-homologated Murcielago), so that was fun. Glad I got a handful of races in today too, since it's the last day for this set. I want that Z8...

You really need to start last and hope for mistakes. Every first corner is a hot mess and a slow drive to the pits.
I can handle placing low in clean races that’s still fun.
I move off the driving line to let people past but they still shunt me off.
I agree with you guys that car and track choice so far is not the best.

Maybe it’s because I’m in Elite where I’ve never seen more than 12 people in a race, but I haven’t felt the need to kick anyone yet.

If you’re confident enough in your pace I recommend sticking to Ghost Lobbies until you get to a high enough Band, as racing is always going to be rough in the lower Bands.

Accidentally shunted a guy into the wall and made him flip as I got second place on the last lap his message to me was a thumbs down emoji. Lol I told him it was a accident and that I wasn’t a dirty player. Reason was because he started braking before the finish and I didn’t want him to spin me out before the race was done.

New Leagues are up and you should be able to redeem the December rewards now.

I believe there is also a small points decay in effect so you might drop a Rank when you start.

Ghost races are great, non-ghost races are not.
There's still entirely too many people happy to crash at full speed even with damage.

Ghost races are great, non-ghost races are not.
There's still entirely too many people happy to crash at full speed even with damage.
Depends on the Band you’re in. Professional and Elite have been rather clean throughout.

I hear Pinnacle is dead (not enough players to sustain a Lobby); I’m only a few points off reaching it so I’ll find out for myself soon.

Update:

Last edited:
Haha. I played so few league races, i didnt Even realize higher tiers existed. There‘s a motivation to Play again. Had the WORST lobby experience in cosmetic damage league last night. Got. rammed off three times, still Managed 4th. Horrible!

One tip I have for everyone is to play in Ghost races until you get to a point where you're struggling to finish towards the front. That should put you in the band where you'll be up against people who are around your pace level. Then when you go into races just try and keep clean and avoid everybody else's accidents to win ;)

One tip I have for everyone is to play in Ghost races until you get to a point where you're struggling to finish towards the front. That should put you in the band where you'll be up against people who are around your pace level. Then when you go into races just try and keep clean and avoid everybody else's accidents to win ;)
Thanks! And? How lonely is it at the Top? :D:D

Thanks! And? How lonely is it at the Top? :D:D
Pinnacle Band is pretty much dead as there are not enough players online at any one time to sustain a lobby :lol:

I'm sure it'll get better over time as more people get promoted but right now a lot of the players I know who are good enough to be in Pinnacle are still working through Elite.

I've only bothered with the ghost series so far and only ran in a few of those.
Would be nice if there were more of them but what would really be nice would be if they would give us back the old FM2 online modes as they were far better than anything they have come up with since.

Back