Forza Motorsport 7: Leagues

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 186 comments
I Managed to get promoted from grassroots to enthusiast last night. Driving is only a little better there. Since ghost league was closed when I had time to play, i drove cosmetic damage league again. What a joy it was :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I figured I'd have another go at breaking out of the grassroots band. Probably shouldn't have done so in the sim spec racing lobby, but then ghost racing isn't that great either with peoples interesting interpretations of track limits.

Race 1, Suzuka East: Went alright, mainly because two corners in carnage unfolded in front of me taking out everyone with the exception of first and second. I only catch up just in time to witness second punting the leader into the gravel, and then go on to take the win.
Race 2, Sonoma: Started in the middle and ended up getting spun of the first hill. Yay. Two laps in the recovery drive is going well with most positions being taken from people misjudging the hairpin corners. Coming up on the start-finish line I see some smoke "Now what?" Cue a car pointed diagonally across the road who then gets sent flying into the air by someone who didn't have time to avoid/ didn't feel like avoiding said car. Car in the air, no where to go, drive under the airbourne falcon before it can land, take no damage, profit. Then two corners later get taken out by someone rejoining the track, ends race with excessive damage. Sigh...
Race 3, Rio: Got the pole for this one. This proved very helpful as no-one (including myself) could figure out the braking point for the 90°. Front left suspension thus gone the car now handles like a low-rider with hydraulics. That hardly mattered though as somehow I was still the fasted person on track, driving to a relatively easy victory, back marker dodging notwithstanding.

Race 3, Rio: Got the pole for this one. This proved very helpful as no-one (including myself) could figure out the braking point for the 90°.
If it's the "forward" layout of Rio Full/National, the braking point is usually at the very end of the section covered by banners.

dima-goryainov-fm6-04.jpg

How do you win the cars from Leagues? Do you just need to participate in league races once a week or do you actually need to win a race?

Just complete one of the 3 races. You don’t have to win or do a Clean lap.

Ok thanks, I started yesterday and did a few races in grasshoppers rank 5, shouldn't I have gotten the Subaru already then? Or do they manually send out the cars at the end of the season?

I'd love to get my rank up with the spec ghost leagues, but unfortunately it seems like that's not happening...

Screenshot_15.png

Screenshot_16.png

Last edited:
The Aston Martin event was set up incorrectly, allowing Upgrades.

Best avoid it for now and race in the other 2 events.

It's taken me weeks to get my Grassroots Ranking up to 1. Finally in the Prototype Simulation, I Finally had a chance to win a race. I started in pole 2 position, jumped out to the lead and held it for 6 laps. On the last lap, a lagger was lurking ahead, ( I was about to lap him ), he pulls a bit off, allowing me to pass clean, and suddenly slams me into the wall, causing suspension damage. I still managed to limp on, but eventually the 2nd place guy passed me because my car wasn't 100 %, just a hundred or so meters from the finish. I've come in 2nd many times, but NEVER 1st. And some A**H*** ruins it. Why can't jerks who are in last and about to be passed get "ghosted" in simulation . That is TOTALLY NOT FAIR, that some jerk just out to ruin everyone elses good times, can do so. I was robbed.

Finally did enough races to get myself out of Grassroots, but I still don't know if Enthusiast is going to end up being another slow ladder climb. I really don't get why there's no initial placement system; surely an average lap time over 5 or 10 placement races gives a rough enough idea of comparative skill to immediately put someone close to the rank that matches their true skill.

Finally did enough races to get myself out of Grassroots, but I still don't know if Enthusiast is going to end up being another slow ladder climb. I really don't get why there's no initial placement system; surely an average lap time over 5 or 10 placement races gives a rough enough idea of comparative skill to immediately put someone close to the rank that matches their true skill.

That's how it was with FM6, more or less. You started in grassroots and depending on how you'd have done in your first league, you were immediately promoted to another level depending on your results. Not being aware of that, I started in grassroots, won something like 12 races in a row in a ghost league and got promoted straight to Elite where I then got my ass repeatedly handed to me every single week. I honestly quite like the slower progression a lot more, I think it's a good way to get comfortable and find opponents that are better suited to you (in a perfect world where no one rams you or corner cuts, evidently.)

Yea I got to elite quick in FM6 and could hang depending on the car class at first, then it got brutal. I got bumped down a couple times only to get promoted after being able to dominate the pro class. The difference between the two was pretty big.

Series 2 races are up:
Event 01 - Ghost. The Birth of Grand Prix
Event 02 - Simulation. Sport Compact Icons
Event 03 - Spec Sim. 1953 Corvette

Season Prize: 2016 Cadillac ATS-V Forza Edition

I gave leagues a second chance and I'm enjoying it more. I've moved up out of Grassroots. I'm now rank 4 in the Enthusiast band. Don't really see myself getting too much higher since I am a perennial backmarker.

I got a pretty solid 3rd place (and fastest lap!) in my first simulation race of Enthusiast. The racing in Enthusiast is a LOT better than the racing in Grassroots, that's for sure.

Leagues have been updated.

Marching Motors
Active 2/24/18-3/3/18
Event 01 - Ghost: Rebirth of Muscle
Event 02 - Simulation: Rise of the Supercar
Event 03 - Spec Ghost: 2014 BMW M4
Series Reward: 2014 Ford FPV Limited Edition Pursuit Ute
Season Reward: 2012 Mini John Cooper Works GP Forza Edition

The Spec Ghost event with the BMW M4 is NOT ghost. It appears to be Spec Sim. At least it was for my last 4 races. And every time there was no credits dispensed. After the race, went to podium, and then to Updating Points screen. No Credits, No VIP Credits.

The Spec Ghost event with the BMW M4 is NOT ghost. It appears to be Spec Sim. At least it was for my last 4 races. And every time there was no credits dispensed. After the race, went to podium, and then to Updating Points screen. No Credits, No VIP Credits.

Raced in one Spec (non)Ghost race yesterday. Started 8/11 in Rio, huge pileup in first corner as people probably didn't realize it's not ghost race after all. I had made contact with another car at start, so I was a bit more further back and avoided the carnage. I was on second place after first corner and passed the lead car towards the end of first lap as he wiped out on 90-degree left-hander after steep downhill. Once in lead, I was able to keep up the pace and not crash on my own, and score my first online race win. I admit that it was 1% of skill and 99% of luck. :lol:

UPDATE; the aforementioned Spec Ghost event featuring the BMW M4 has been fixed back to Ghost. Although I still noticed that it is still not paying out any Credits.

I also recently won my very first League race, (first win in, what 200 races?), and have just now graduated to Professional Tier.

Honestly, League play is getting boring. It seems to be featuring the same tracks all the time, (never Lemans, never Nurburgring, and some of the longer tracks as well). Last weeks prize of the Cadillac FE was the 1st unicorn car offered up in months. Then there is the jerky car movements that I find so distracting, (I'm trying to hold my line, and there's a car nearby that magically appears all over the road in front of me). Of course the Spec and Sim events where drivers slam into you at 150 mph because with the exaggerated collision physics IT'S SO MUCH FUN! (NOT!). Then I have to drive a messed up car around for 4 or 5 laps hoping that I can stave off the last place car. Generally I find myself yielding to every car that wants to pass because I don't want to be a jerk. I find myself actually enjoying 2nd to last place. And yet with all those last place and 2nd to last place finishes, my League Rating continues to go up? Then there is the Ghost play. Everybody is driving with Raceboy77 tunes? I am almost always in the last group, because I just homologate and don't bother to tune. IN CLOSING, I find trying to set good lap times, by myself, to be far more enjoyable than racing with others because there is always a bad apple that spoils it for everyone else.

UPDATE; the aforementioned Spec Ghost event featuring the BMW M4 has been fixed back to Ghost. Although I still noticed that it is still not paying out any Credits.
Just to make sure, are you using a Rental car? Spec events can often put you into a Rental instead of a garage car.

It's the 2014 BMW M4, the one that has now been offered up in the Specialty Dealer now twice. I own the car, and when I choose that event, it automatically puts me in the car. It shouldn't be putting me in a "Rental Car", if I own it already.

I'll check to make sure that isn't the case.

New update
Blazing Motors Series 4
Event 01 - Ghost: P2
Event 02 - Simulation: Early Sport Luxury
Event 03 - Spec Cosmetic: 2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat

Series prize: Alpha Driver Gear
Season prize: 2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupe

I have to say that Dodge is a pig to drive.

I'm sorry, but League races at the lower tiers are an absolute joke. I went to do a Simulation race at the short layout of Daytona, and in a three lap race I was wiped out three times at the same corner. The final wipeout put me at 100% damage across the board, causing me to drop to the back of the field and lose league points, whilst the person who shunted me into a wall received absolutely no penalty aside from some cosmetic and minor suspension damage. There's no evidence that the report player function has any effect at all, and in any case it's often impossible to tell who hit you without quitting the lobby to watch the replay.

It's disheartening to know that Turn 10 has such little interest in creating a fair racing environment that their only solution to this problem to date has been recruiting a handful of community members to act as marshals, who A. are obviously physically unable to moderate every race at once, B. are (to my knowledge) mostly only found in the highest tiers of the game, and C. are probably not compensated nearly enough, if at all, for their service.

Back