Forza Motorsport 7: Leagues

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 186 comments
It's disheartening to know that Turn 10 has such little interest in creating a fair racing environment that their only solution to this problem to date has been recruiting a handful of community members to act as marshals, who A. are obviously physically unable to moderate every race at once, B. are (to my knowledge) mostly only found in the highest tiers of the game, and C. are probably not compensated nearly enough, if at all, for their service.

• A: Correct
  • B: There are marshals of various skill and activity levels.
  • C: Marshals are not paid or contracted in any way.
(I'm a race Marshal, but I haven't marshalled any Hoppers in the past month as I haven't been playing in the Hoppers at all. The "cars fill screen" bug has pushed me away from the game entirely, with the exception of my club races on Mondays.)

I'm sorry, but League races at the lower tiers are an absolute joke. I went to do a Simulation race at the short layout of Daytona, and in a three lap race I was wiped out three times at the same corner. The final wipeout put me at 100% damage across the board, causing me to drop to the back of the field and lose league points, whilst the person who shunted me into a wall received absolutely no penalty aside from some cosmetic and minor suspension damage. There's no evidence that the report player function has any effect at all, and in any case it's often impossible to tell who hit you without quitting the lobby to watch the replay.

It's disheartening to know that Turn 10 has such little interest in creating a fair racing environment that their only solution to this problem to date has been recruiting a handful of community members to act as marshals, who A. are obviously physically unable to moderate every race at once, B. are (to my knowledge) mostly only found in the highest tiers of the game, and C. are probably not compensated nearly enough, if at all, for their service.
Yeah, it doesn't matter at all. Because all it takes is 1 or 2 jerks to ruin it for all of us. Most of the time those jerks can be found in the middle of the pack, well behind leaders. I get nudged, rear ended, or pit maneuvered nearly all the time in any "non Ghost" race. By the time you get back on track they are long gone, and any chance at revenge is gone. The really stupid part, what does it gain? I come in last place, or second to last, and still get league points anyway. I always try to finish, it doesn't pay to give up or quit. Even worse, is that the other peoples cars appear to jerk all over the road, and the next thing you know is that you accidentally hit someone thinking they were going outside, when they were going inside. And in all the races everyone cuts all the corners, rarely racing clean laps. What is the point? I would much rather just do time trial runs by myself. Everyone now races like a jerk, because everyone else is doing so, and there are NO REPERCUSSIONS. Does that seem fair to you?

This is why I stick to Ghost Leagues in 90% of cases.

Apparently T10 talked about a more thorough online penalty system at the FRC pre-season invitational. I wouldn't be surprised, since I imagine the entire genre will adopt an iRacing/GTS format over the next few years, but I do wonder what (if any) changes T10 will make to address the weaknesses of the existing systems.

I mostly just race in the ghost races, but occasionally do what I call the "physical" races. Yes, I get punted around all the time, but I try not to let it get me angry. Not everyone who rams me is doing it intentionally. I know because I sometimes ram a driver without intending to. Probably the worst was at VIR. I was in third behind another car coming up to Turn 10, a fast, off-camber, left leading to turns 11 and 12 and the back straight. The driver in front of me braked a lot earlier than I was expecting. I tried to brake and go right but there wasn't enough time or room and I rammed him. He flew off to the left, into a tire barrier and his car shot up into the air and barrel-rolled. After the race I got a single word message from him: "Troll." I didn't respond. What could I say? It was completely unintentional, but he's not going to believe that and why should he? That's why I mostly just stick with ghost races. At least then my mistakes are my own and don't take others out, even unintentionally.

This is why I stick to Ghost Leagues in 90% of cases.

Apparently T10 talked about a more thorough online penalty system at the FRC pre-season invitational. I wouldn't be surprised, since I imagine the entire genre will adopt an iRacing/GTS format over the next few years, but I do wonder what (if any) changes T10 will make to address the weaknesses of the existing systems.
The Ghost races are better, but still, it certainly appears that the strategy for everyone racing is to exploit every weakness in the system, short cuts, dirty laps, etc. etc. There is no reward for being a "good guy", and there in lies the rub. In the Spec and Cosmetic Damage races, the crash physics are completely over emphasized. Which makes everyone WANT to crash you. It is so easy to be behind a racer, and smash into him from behind sending him into the tires, and you go on to the next 'victim'. If Turn 10 REALLY wanted to do anything about this, they would asses a 30 second penalty and freeze the car. People would get turned off real quickly. I've been racing Forza since it's 1st release. And when Online racing became available, I stayed away because I knew, what was going to happen. Now, in the last few Forza releases I can see I was right all along. Except for the ghost races nothing has been done in a decade of online racing. Fools who can't race, will wreck you because that's how they were raised, on Mario Kart and other kid oriented racing style games. Forza was supposed to be a higher echelon racing genre, but in order for mass appeal it has sold out to the immature crowd of idiots. I joined GTP to get the most out of my Forza experience, and I am so glad that I did. MOST of you people are real racing fans who want fair online racing and league play. I applaud all of you who do.
:gtpflag:

I mostly just race in the ghost races, but occasionally do what I call the "physical" races. Yes, I get punted around all the time, but I try not to let it get me angry. Not everyone who rams me is doing it intentionally. I know because I sometimes ram a driver without intending to. Probably the worst was at VIR. I was in third behind another car coming up to Turn 10, a fast, off-camber, left leading to turns 11 and 12 and the back straight. The driver in front of me braked a lot earlier than I was expecting. I tried to brake and go right but there wasn't enough time or room and I rammed him. He flew off to the left, into a tire barrier and his car shot up into the air and barrel-rolled. After the race I got a single word message from him: "Troll." I didn't respond. What could I say? It was completely unintentional, but he's not going to believe that and why should he? That's why I mostly just stick with ghost races. At least then my mistakes are my own and don't take others out, even unintentionally.

Dude at least have the common decency to say sorry mate my bad or something along those lines. When i unintentionally crash into someone i always send them a message for screwing up their race.

Dude at least have the common decency to say sorry mate my bad or something along those lines. When i unintentionally crash into someone i always send them a message for screwing up their race.

If they're not even going to give you a minute or two to apologize, why waste the time?

I normally do, but he had already sent the message to me.

Leagues update:

Storming Motors 4/21-5/19
Event 01 - Ghost: Modern Hot Hatch
Event 02 - Simulation: Formula '70s
Event 03 - Spec Sim: 2017 Acura NSX
Event 04 - Drift

Series reward: 2012 Dodge Charger
Season reward: 2013 Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG Forza Edition

Last edited:
Today I learned that you don't have to complete a race each week to get the overall prize. I only did the first two weeks last month and still got the BMW.

Leagues update:

Series 2 4/28-5/05
Event 01 - Ghost: Forza Group Rally
Event 02 - Simulation: Sport Compact
Event 03 - Spec Ghost: 2003 Renault Sport Clio V6
Event 04 - Class: A

Series reward: Crashed, Dummy racing gear

So when do you get the 'series reward'? Sorry, i'm a bit confused.
Is it tied to your performance, do you just have to compete in each race?

I meant do you need to do the daily events in order to get the season prize?
No. You just have to compete in one race during the month the current league is active to get the season reward. You only have to compete in one race each week to get the weekly series reward.

Series Reward is Weekly, Season Reward is Monthly. The reward shown at the top in the League hopper is the Season reward ( the Mercedes Benz A45 AMG Forza Edition). To receive that, you just need to do one of the League races in any hopper, only once. The reward in the bottom left corner is the Series reward or Weekly reward, ( the Crashed Dummy drivers gear). To receive that, you just need to do one of the League races in any hopper, only once. Leagues recycle each Week on Saturday, and rewards are dispensed once the League hopper changes over. At the end of 4 weeks, the season is over, (note the progress bar at the top of the League hopper screen, that bar progresses regardless of your participation). At the end of the season you will receive the Season prize, (if you have also completed the weekly participation, you will also get the series reward in addition to the season reward). I trust this explanation will clear up any confusion. Although I do believe Populuxe Cowboy said it best and most succinctly.

Leagues update:

Series 3 5/05 - 5/12
Event 01 - Ghost: Forza Trophy Trucks
Event 02 - Simulation: Early Prototype Races
Event 03 - Spec Cosmetic: 2016 Honda Civic FE
Event 04 - Drift Ghost: Japanese cars only

Series reward: 2004 Honda Civic Type-R

Last edited:
Leagues update:

Series 4 5/12-5/19
Event 01 - Ghost: Sport Touring Icons
Event 02 - Simulation: Sport GT Icons
Event 03 - Spec Sim: 1969 Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds 442
Event 04 - ForzaRC

Series reward: Your Majesty driver gear

Does anybody know why my points go down at the end of the season? I went from Tier 1 halfway up, to Tier2 halfway ?

Leagues update:

Pass the Pack 5/19-6/16
Series 1 5/19-5/26
Event 01 - Ghost: Sport GT
Event 02 - Simulation: Major Micros
Event 03 - Spec Ghost: 2010 Aston Martin One-77
Event 04 - Cosmetic: Any Honda up to S800

Series reward: BMW X5M
Season reward: 1932 Ford De Luxe Five-Window Coupe

Does anybody know why my points go down at the end of the season? I went from Tier 1 halfway up, to Tier2 halfway ?
I honestly don't know. I've never noticed that. But now that you mention it, my status dropped from Rank 2 to Rank 3. That's very odd.

Last edited:
I have noticed it in the past, but since I don't really do League play that often, I just dismissed it, thinking I was mistaken. But, no, I am correct, I lost like 400 points, Because I was just past halfway through Tier 1, and dropped below to Tier 2, by a few hundred points. Fortunately, I made a lot up by winning several races in the new Honda S class. Apparently, nobody had a race tuned Honda at 800 PI. My '92 Honda NSX Rocket Bunny TAKATA Race Car smoked em' before anybody was the wiser. :D:D:D I'm back up to Tier 1, but right at the start.

If anybody knows the answer why the drop in points please let me know.

I have noticed it in the past, but since I don't really do League play that often, I just dismissed it, thinking I was mistaken. But, no, I am correct, I lost like 400 points, Because I was just past halfway through Tier 1, and dropped below to Tier 2, by a few hundred points. Fortunately, I made a lot up by winning several races in the new Honda S class. Apparently, nobody had a race tuned Honda at 800 PI. My '92 Honda NSX Rocket Bunny TAKATA Race Car smoked em' before anybody was the wiser. :D:D:D I'm back up to Tier 1, but right at the start.

If anybody knows the answer why the drop in points please let me know.

It’s a monthly points decay so people who are at 10,000 points (like me:P) don’t get lazy and encourage them to keep racing, Plus it’s a extra 500k when you get back into tier 1. :D

Depending on lobby size, wins etc, one could make up the deficit with about an hour or 2’s worth of good results. 👍

Depending on lobby size, wins etc, one could make up the deficit with about an hour or 2’s worth of good results. 👍
Considering how horrible a racer I am, that means at least a couple days worth of grinding to get back to where I was.

Thanks @Vic Reign93 I thought it was a penalty thing or something like that. And I'm with @Populuxe Cowboy That will normally take a while for me to get back to that point. But, like I said, I was able to exploit a vulnerability and win a few races in a row, and get back some points fairly quickly. I really like having a Class based Hopper, rather than the Division based hoppers, (getting boring). This new one is really nifty, Model based and Class based. I've bought and tuned up the 2018 Civic R and the Civic Race car. And I think I'll try the S2000 as well, ( such a fun car !). See you out on the track!

Back