Forza Motorsport 7: Pre-Release News and Interviews

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 163 comments
97f3de0b-129f-4daa-a448-66bd8bde7ca0.jpg

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_9_22_17

• Details on the Homologation feature, which balances cars in each division.
  • Cars are both upgraded and downgraded to certain ceriteria.
  • PI ratings still exist but the aim of the system is to eliminate the ability to create traditional "leaderboard cars".
  • Cars can be automatically Homologated if you don't want to upgrade them manually.
  • Details on Forza Rewards.
  • Weekly credit payments can be issued for all modern Forza titles via Forza Hub or the official website, with higher payouts for higher Tier players.
  • A new Tier has been added, Tier 12.
  • When you first play Forza Motorsport 7, you are given a number of Prize Crates, Badges and Driver Gear items based on your Tier level.
  • DLC and Token purchases are no longer a part of Forza Rewards, and if you played any previous titles your reward scores for DLC and Tokens will now be maxed out.
  • List of supported Xbox One Wheels announced.
  • Special live stream of the full game on September 27.

Thats interesting:

"After all, this is Forza, and each car in the game will still feel completely unique in the way our fans expect. This includes highly complex characteristics such as chassis flex, suspension architecture, wheel-base, and moment of inertia."

Thats interesting:

"After all, this is Forza, and each car in the game will still feel completely unique in the way our fans expect. This includes highly complex characteristics such as chassis flex, suspension architecture, wheel-base, and moment of inertia."
The FM7 physics engine is deep. Check the ffb thread on the official forums. One of the devs is interacting with users to try and improve ffb and he really knows his stuff. Some excellent explanations of how deep the physics engine is and how it's tied to the ffb system.

Thats interesting:

It's such a shame that T10 has to castrate the experience to make the game more accessibile and expand the car roster to its current size, because from what I'm given to understand Forza's engine would absolutely blow everything else out of the water if it had a chance to stretch its legs. And I still can't wait to try cars such as the Alfa 158 in game, especially if they've improved their simulation of chassis & driveline flex...

"DLC and Token purchases are no longer a part of Forza Rewards, and if you played any previous titles your reward scores for DLC and Tokens will now be maxed out."

Hopefully this is a sign they won't be including micro-transactions in FM7, or at least doing it like the past couple games and making it so you can just hide any mention of them.

97f3de0b-129f-4daa-a448-66bd8bde7ca0.jpg

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_9_22_17

• Details on the Homologation feature, which balances cars in each division.
  • Cars are both upgraded and downgraded to certain ceriteria.
  • PI ratings still exist but the aim of the system is to eliminate the ability to create traditional "leaderboard cars".
  • Cars can be automatically Homologated if you don't want to upgrade them manually.
  • Details on Forza Rewards.
  • Weekly credit payments can be issued for all modern Forza titles via Forza Hub or the official website, with higher payouts for higher Tier players.
  • A new Tier has been added, Tier 12.
  • When you first play Forza Motorsport 7, you are given a number of Prize Crates, Badges and Driver Gear items based on your Tier level.
  • DLC and Token purchases are no longer a part of Forza Rewards, and if you played any previous titles your reward scores for DLC and Tokens will now be maxed out.
  • List of supported Xbox One Wheels announced.
  • Special live stream of the full game on September 27.
I especially like this homoligation stuff. Hopefully makes the racing closer and somewhat more realistic. I hope we can at least set private lobbies up with our own restrictions in a similar way. If that's the case, it'll be a good time.

"DLC and Token purchases are no longer a part of Forza Rewards, and if you played any previous titles your reward scores for DLC and Tokens will now be maxed out."

Hopefully this is a sign they won't be including micro-transactions in FM7, or at least doing it like the past couple games and making it so you can just hide any mention of them.
Does it say when this will take effect? Unlocking the paid tokens rewards for FM5 would almost push me into Tier 11 which I'd really like to be in before Friday as I really want that FM1 driver suit :P

On a different note, I kinda hope the older cars still flop around under heaving braking/turning/acceleration like they did in FH3. 👍

Does it say when this will take effect? Unlocking the paid tokens rewards for FM5 would almost push me into Tier 11 which I'd really like to be in before Friday as I really want that FM1 driver suit :P

Pretty sure they set it up so that you actually get the paid token rewards regardless of whether or not you've "earned" them if you've played the respective game.

Back