Forza Motorsport 7: Race Marshal Programme

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 2 comments
Ha ha ha hah. It's like trying to put out a warehouse fire with a garden hose! I like the effort, but don't you think that it would be better if the lobby was "Notified" that 'gamer-tag' was removed from the lobby for poor sportsmanship. I think that would be much more effective. All of said players 'victims' would be much more appreciative. And it would also serve notice to other players to clean up their play as well. Once players are seemingly eliminated, their sense of fair-play goes with it.

You know what? I just had an awful experience in League play. It was my second race, so I was placed a bit further up at the start. It was one of the short tracks of Silverstone. At the first turn I was slammed off the course, spun out, got back on the course and continued. I managed to catch up a bit, but still finished in last. My League points were negative for Start and Finish, but positive for competition rankings, but overall I lost 15-20 points. I saved the replay. After watching the replay, I realized something. IT'S NOT THE DRIVERS! IT'S THE PHYSICS! This is exactly the problem, and I have mentioned this before. The COLLISION PHYSICS IN THIS GAME ARE WAY OVER EXAGGERATED! Nobody purposely smashed into me, it was just all of us going into the turn at the same time. What should have been a simple 'tap' was exaggerated into sending me flying off the course and completely out of competition. I wasn't doing anything wrong, the guy who hit me wasn't doing anything wrong, so why was "I" penalized? This is where this game stinks. The ghost play is fine, at least it's fair to an extent. But the collisions ruin this game. It just is not fun. And then Turn 10 tries to hide that fact with this Race Marshall program. That's garbage, because, 1) in many cases it's not the drivers fault. 2) reaction is in "hindsight", in other words the action has already happened and "Marshals" will react after the fact. The racers experience is already tainted. Why try and promote "fairplay" when the game physics clearly say "go ahead" "crash into your opponent!" Instead of Simulation Damage, or Cosmetic Damage, HOW ABOUT NORMAL CRASH PHYSICS???? Where you tap someone, and it barely alters their trajectory! Leave the exaggerated crash physics to Forza Horizon titles. Forza Motorsport should be a racing simulator, not a "smash em up derby!" Quit sending mixed messages with your games.

Latest Posts

Back