Forza Motorsport 7 Race Regulations System (Hopefully) Debuting in March Update

Well, at least this should get rid of rammers and corner-cutters soon, so THAT'S a plus.

Corner cutting has never been a problem in FM7, has it? At least I haven't dared to collide with all those mid-corner tire barriers to test how solid they are. The barriers should be gone with the new system though.

Corner cutting has never been a problem in FM7, has it? At least I haven't dared to collide with all those mid-corner tire barriers to test how solid they are. The barriers should be gone with the new system though.
I sure hope the barriers go away with this new system. I can't stand them. Not only are they an eyesore, they cut my line of sight for finding the apex and corner exit for turns I'm unfamiliar with.

I sure hope the barriers go away with this new system. I can't stand them. Not only are they an eyesore, they cut my line of sight for finding the apex and corner exit for turns I'm unfamiliar with.

I couldn't agree more. In some cases the barriers are even helpful in approaching corners lacking visual cues in real life. :yuck:

The system was recently previewed in Forza Monthly where the barriers were removed on Monza. This definitely suggests they will get removed with its implementation, so fingers crossed it stays that way.

Corner cutting is definitely a big thing. You've never raced Yas Marina online?

Online multiplayer is one aspect of Forza I haven't explored thoroughly, but I assumed those barriers were in place to catch at every turn. On the other hand, removing the barriers for the system will likely inspire many to take shortcuts that weren't possible before, but no problem as long as it gets penalized mercilessly.

Online multiplayer is one aspect of Forza I haven't explored thoroughly, but I assumed those barriers were in place to catch at every turn. On the other hand, removing the barriers for the system will likely inspire many to take shortcuts that weren't possible before, but no problem as long as it gets penalized mercilessly.
Oh, no, not at all. Those barriers like that only do so much, and are mostly on wide open area's. They've really never fully extended directly to the track limits anyways so room to cut was always there even with them in place.

Tight tracks like Yas Marina's back end have little room for them, even though they still do put them, but cutting an corner with all 4 tires is still possible, and makes a large difference especially at that end of the track.

I will give this hopper a try. I don't race online much, but when I do I end up going for the ghost leagues. Sure it doesn't have the same pressure or strategy needed as actually racing other cars that can be collided with, but it can still be a challenge to place well or win if you are matched up against good opponents.

It's hard to know what direction T10 should take for dealing with corner cutting. Honestly I felt the "sticky grass" and other areas that were obvious corner cuts grinding you to a halt in the older titles were fine, but enough people complained about that so they removed it. Hopefully the penalty system will deal with that and the barriers can come down.

Are you serious? I've seen tons of races where corner cutting is absolutely horrendous. I mean, you basically HAVE to cut the corners to stay competitive, which makes the entire race a joke. I've left FM7 long ago due to the absurd lack of a penalty system, but I'll be happy to revisit the game once they put this in place.

looks like GT Sport have some serious competence now... :cheers: competence leads to thrive and positive development, this is good news for eSports

I'll be interested to see how they tried to solve the problem of assessing "fault" and "intent", with collisions. It's something that is easy to assess in most cases for a human observer, but can be a very difficult nut to crack with code (as GT Sport has illustrated).

If they did manage to solve that problem, the wait will have been worth it.

i remember ditching forza for that exact reason it seems like i have something to come back to! i hope this will pump up gran turismo as well as above mentioned competition leads to positive development changes across the board

Seems to me that intent could be determined by how hard a car was hit by another car. Doesn't seem to difficult. Some logic surrounding accidents that can't be avoided would simply have to look at was the car going close to race speeds and pointed in the right direction. That should eliminate most false positives.

Just some random thoughts - Seems like March update time is taking forever - how long is this month anyways :P

Seems to me that intent could be determined by how hard a car was hit by another car. Doesn't seem to difficult. Some logic surrounding accidents that can't be avoided would simply have to look at was the car going close to race speeds and pointed in the right direction. That should eliminate most false positives.

Just some random thoughts - Seems like March update time is taking forever - how long is this month anyways :P

Expect to see something similar to how Forza Horizon judges impacts that break skill chains...

Well, at least this should get rid of rammers and corner-cutters soon, so THAT'S a plus.

How? All it does it give you even more penalty when the jackwagon rams you. Only thing that will stop that is actual safety ratings and restricting races based on that. Without that this is pretty worthless.

They really need to follow the Kunos path in dealing with severe corner cutting.
Blast straight through turns 1 and 2 at Monza in ACC and watch what happens. I love it.

Trying to stamp out cutting, ramming and all sorts of egregious violations in Multiplayer is an excellent start. Now to create a system that teaches actual race-craft.

Trying to stamp out cutting, ramming and all sorts of egregious violations in Multiplayer is an excellent start. Now to create a system that teaches actual race-craft.
Agreed. 👍

Plus Esaki did say on the stream that the team will be updating the Race Regs onward, so it's a possiblity.

Last edited:
They really need to follow the Kunos path in dealing with severe corner cutting.
Blast straight through turns 1 and 2 at Monza in ACC and watch what happens. I love it.

I've been in the early Access program since ACC Early Access hit steam... And I legitimately do not know what happens. Cutting corners is something I do my best, to avoid. I imagine you get a warning or a drive through penalty. But that is a guess. What happens?

(I could find out, but I dont want to risk any adverse effects.)

I've been in the early Access program since ACC Early Access hit steam... And I legitimately do not know what happens. Cutting corners is something I do my best, to avoid. I imagine you get a warning or a drive through penalty. But that is a guess. What happens?

(I could find out, but I dont want to risk any adverse effects.)

You get teleported back to the pits with a black flag, a nasty hit on your competition/racecraft rating (1.0) and your race is over. I tried it online to see, it also would not let me leave until the race was over. Ouch.

You get teleported back to the pits with a black flag, a nasty hit on your competition/racecraft rating (1.0) and your race is over. I tried it online to see, it also would not let me leave until the race was over. Ouch.
LOL that's savage !
What happens if you do it by locking brakes or any other error?

I have the biggest smile on my face after reading this. Forza needs this... I'm talking, chocoholic's desire for Hershey's, type of need. That'll teach peope not to cut corners!

(Evil Laughter).

Yes it sounds harsh, but the way things are in FM7's online, we are well beyond a simple smack on the hand.

Back