Forza Motorsport 7: Share your best Prize Crate openings!

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 100 comments
Ireland
Codemasters (EA)
PJTierney
kfQlD14.jpg

One of the new features in Forza Motorsport 7 are the Prize crates, similar to lootboxes in other titles.

Rewards can vary wildly, from a cheap Mod to an expensive car or rare piece of Driver Gear.

If you got anything noteworthy this is the thread to show off in :sly:

Got a Civic R '16 & Opel Manta in th same 150k crate.

Then I got got a BMW Formula E in a 300k one.

What's the '43 days' for? At least, unlike Gears 4, you are guaranteed a car and items.
I'm guessing they're going to do limited time prize crates with specific themes after a while. Wouldn't surprise me if they did a Halloween themed one soon with some of the costume-style driver gear as the featured prize.

I bought two car crates (whatever?) and got an Aston Martin GT3 (value 400K I think) and a BMW M1 Racer (value 245K). At least I gained overall, but I probably won’t bother again as it depleted the meagre supply of credits!

Can you get double cars from the crates or the level up winnings? I got over 100 cars now and so far I haven’t gotten anything double yet.

My best opening so far is now the 2014 Ferrari California T (tier 3, worth 235k credits) from the 70k crate. Of course I’m not going to mention the other handful of attempts that only resulted in a tier 1 car worth about 20-30k. ;)

Ive read a post on reddit that someone's opened about 50 of them and never gotten a Forza Edition car. 50 300k lucky crates.

Can you get double cars from the crates or the level up winnings? I got over 100 cars now and so far I haven’t gotten anything double yet.
Yep, I got a duplicate '72 Falcon from a mixed crate last night. Unless you mean whether you can get two cars from a single crate, in which I don't think you can.

I bought one 300k crate and the only two noteworthy things I got was a vintage racing suit and a Nascar I already had. I'll probably be sour about this for a whole month. :P

From the crates Yes, I tried the expensive one last night and got a Dino, which just happened to be what I was driving at the time. No collector points for a car you already own and you only get 50% of the value when you sell it.

From the level up, haven't saw a dupe yet. I think I have about 140 or so cars at this point. No using the ram or other shortcuts, just playing the game,

Got the 166M Barchetta in a 300k prize crate the other day, which I instantly sold for a nice 650k. Ended up instantly buying the Sauber C9 with the money I got from it.

Mine have been fairly meh so far but the best car I have got from the Crates is a Radical RXC Turbo...

75 Lotus GP car...I would have to check the exact name, it's black and gold.

I can't tell if they're locked or not, but it's pretty and fun to drive.

I got a Camaro! :dopey: have not invested in the big ones yet, but I would an FXXK!
The FXXK is a prize car for one of the later showcases.

Last night I bought several cheap cars and dropped my credits just under 50k so I went and bought two of the 20k mod crates. Best ones I have gotten yet. Of the 2 crates I got 2 green, 3 blue and 3 purple mods. 6 of the 8 had 3 uses and 7 of the 8 were 50% credit bonus with 2 also providing an xp boost. I equipped 3 of them and ran 25 laps on Daytona Oval earned just over 60k off the mods I had equipped. So basically those 2 crates not only paid for themselves in the first race but enough extra to buy another one and I can still get bonuses from the ones from that crate in another 3 or 4 races.

75 Lotus GP car...I would have to check the exact name, it's black and gold.

I can't tell if they're locked or not, but it's pretty and fun to drive.

Yep that is an awesome little car. It is not locked, you can buy it from the dealership.

Edit to add:
I am starting to hate those passing mods, especially the big ones that are for like 8 perfect passes. Those things are almost impossible to get credit for. As I see it there are 4 problems with them,
1: You can not get credit for passing a car that was behind you at the start.
2: You can not get credit for lapping a car
3: You can not get credit for taking back a position that was taken from you
4: You have to pass really close to the car and you have to zip by them pretty quick.

The first 3 issues all apply to the good passes as well.

I think they either need to make some changes to these or remove them from the game.
Same for the so called perfect and good passes stat on your driver. If you start up front you get no credit for any pass no matter how many times you pass other cars, you could lap the field a dozen times with every pass being perfect and get 0 credit for it. If they use his stat for the drivatars it is no wonder they drive so poorly as according to the stats people almost never make good or perfect passes at most 10 or 12 during a race and then you have to be perfect to do that even though you may have had considerably more good passes than that.

Last edited:
I finally decided to splurge on a crate (the 300,000 one) and got the Spain suit, a driver badge a 70% mod card and the Eagle-Weslake.

Not bad for my first try. :cheers:

Latest Posts

Back