Forza Motorsport 7: Share your best Prize Crate openings!

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 100 comments
9D638F02-C401-4C05-9F19-0833C3BAA824.jpeg
I’ve found a daily gameplay loop that seems to work for me now:

• Do a few Forza Drivers Cup Divisions
  • With every new Division, find that one car I like the most (usually the one that can do well on Leaderboards), get a tune and livery, then sell the other cars.
  • Do a few hours of Multiplayer Hoppers.
  • At the end of the day, pump any CR above my 3,000,000 balance target into Lucky Driver Gear crates (I don’t need any cars, Mods or CR).
  • Open crates, make some sales and buy more crates until I get as close to 3,000,000 CR as possible.
I won plenty of races today, and ended up earning about 1,500,000 CR over the course of the day, the tuxedo was in one of my crates.

So nobody has gotten a locked car yet?

I want the Scirocco and '13 Clio for the hoppers so bad :D

The best I've got so far from the 50k crate is the "Walk The Line" mod (super rare), with 80% extra Cr + 2000xp for having no racing line on and completing a single lap without leaving the track. Really very easy to achieve.
3 uses as well, so I earn the 50k back many many times over.

I’m not spending any money on these crates, until I own all the cars and have money to waste. I bought one 300k box the day I got the game, didn’t get anything special, and decided it would be best to wait until later.

Rather than start a new thread:

I've gotta say - the 50k mod crate is seriously good value, it's like buying money. Doing long races, I usually earn well in excess of 100,000 credits with a few mods added, and a few of the mods can normally be used 3 times. So several hundred thousand credits in winnings plus a few levels gained (and 70k each level), for a single 50k purchase... absurdly good value.

kfQlD14.jpg

One of the new features in Forza Motorsport 7 are the Prize crates, similar to lootboxes in other titles.

Rewards can vary wildly, from a cheap Mod to an expensive car or rare piece of Driver Gear.

If you got anything noteworthy this is the thread to show off in :sly:

I read the whole thread here. So nobody has gotten a "Forza Edition" car from the prize crates? I have the deluxe edition, I got a bunch of FE cars for being a VIP, and the others I won from the Driver's Cup series. I have 14 FE cars in all, but can see there are WAY more in the Tier 5 Legendary that are locked. I only have 2 more Drivers Cups to win, so there HAS to be another way you get the FE cars. IF ANYBODY GETS A FORZA EDITION CAR FROM A PRIZE CRATE please post in this thread. Because it seems that they are the true "unicorn cars" in the game. Oh and if you haven't noticed it yet. ALL the Forza Edition cars come equipped with a special "wide body kit" and custom rims and spoilers or hoods. Plus, a race bonus and a bonus at a track or for special circumstances, ie ( night racing, racing in the rain, and drifting, etc). Hope this helps.

From everything I have read, there are no exclusive cars in the Crates at all.
In the Car Collection menu, it shows the FE cars locked. If you click on one it says: Exclusive Content these cars are only available by one of the following; Prize Crates, Specialty Dealer, Forzathon, Completing the Drivers Cup, Completing Showcase Events. So it does say that Exclusive cars are available in the Prize crates. Now, if that includes Forza Edition Cars, remains to be seen. Because there are many more cars that show up as locked in my Car Collection menu. So far, none of the cars offered in Specialty Dealer have been FE cars. And exactly what Forzathon is and when it will be unlocked remains to be seen, but one thing is sure, it has yet to yield an FE car. All my FE cars have come from winning Drivers Cup tiers or showcase events and from being a VIP which I got because I bought the Ultimate Edition. I'm just trying to figure out how this works. Thanks for your reply. I know I'm new here, but I'm a Forza Veteran (as well as NFS and GT). I really enjoy this game a lot.

In the Car Collection menu, it shows the FE cars locked. If you click on one it says: Exclusive Content these cars are only available by one of the following; Prize Crates, Specialty Dealer, Forzathon, Completing the Drivers Cup, Completing Showcase Events.

So it does say that Exclusive cars are available in the Prize crates. Now, if that includes Forza Edition Cars, remains to be seen. Because there are many more cars that show up as locked in my Car Collection menu.

So far, none of the cars offered in Specialty Dealer have been FE cars. And exactly what Forzathon is and when it will be unlocked remains to be seen, but one thing is sure, it has yet to yield an FE car.

All my FE cars have come from winning Drivers Cup tiers or showcase events and from being a VIP which I got because I bought the Ultimate Edition.

I'm just trying to figure out how this works. Thanks for your reply. I know I'm new here, but I'm a Forza Veteran (as well as NFS and GT). I really enjoy this game a lot.

• The “this is an exclusive car, exclusive cars can be unlocked though the following:” message is a generic one applied to all non-dealership cars in the game.
  • There are multiple cars that have that generic message that have only become available through Single Player Showcase Events.
  • There are multiple cars that have that generic message that have only become available through the Specialty Dealer.
  • There are multiple cars that have that generic message that have only become available as Forza Drivers Cup completion awards (although some of those cars were also given out as part of the “VIP Apology”).
Before the Rewards and XP exploits were patched up, multiple users spent many millions of CR opening Prize Crates, and the general consensus was that no “exclusive cars” are currently available through them. Everything you can get from the Prize Crates appears to be buyable via the Dealership.

There are a few Forza Edition cars that have currently only been found via Driver Level Rewards (the most notable being the Chevrolet Monte Carlo Forza Edition).

One Forza Edition car was an exclusive reward for beating IndyCar Champion Josef Newgarden in a Rivals event.

While over 30 Forza Edition cars are currently in the game’s files, that does not mean that all of them are available to obtain right now (outside of renting them for races). As seen with Forza Horizon 3 rare cars are often put into a game head of time so that the developers don’t have to push out a dedicated content update in order to facilitate any promotional activities they are yet to run.

I would suspect that the current batch of unobtainable Forza Edition cars are in there now to get ready for the first wave of #Forzathon events, some upcoming Community Bounty Hunter challenges, or something else they have in store for us.

They may also come in new Prize Crates (the currently available Special Prize Crates are going to expire in a few days so we may see a content shuffle) but as of right now a number of those cars are straight-up unobtainable.

From everything I have read, there are no exclusive cars in the Crates at all.
I got the 2017 Abt Formula E car from a 300k crate a couple of days ago. That’s an exclusive car if I remember correctly. Also read somewhere that someone got this car from a crate. Haven’t read about other exclusive cars though.

I got the 2017 Abt Formula E car from a 300k crate a couple of days ago. That’s an exclusive car if I remember correctly. Also read somewhere that someone got this car from a crate. Haven’t read about other exclusive cars though.
Ah yes, I remember that one, got it too. Also got a Veyron from Driver Level a while back.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. By “exclusive” I meant Forza Edition in regards to crates.

The Lucky Car Crate, Lucky Driver Gear Crate and Large Mystery Crate have one day remaining on them, so if you wanted to try your luck with those now is your as chance to do so. Not sure what's set to replace them, but a solid guess is it'll be Halloween themed and featuring the costume-type driver gear.

Just bought a Double Driver Gear Crate ("Race off with two COSTUME Driver Gear, guaranteed!"), and I got a duplicate of a gear I already had. So, I actually only got ONE set of gear because you can't have two of the same gear. So much for that guaranty...

I broke down and bought 1 crate of each of the new 300K ones. I got a '69 Lola #6 Penske Sunoco T70 MkIIIb !!! but not much else, 2 good mods and a stupid puffy Victorian Age costume, I forget what the other car was. Which all told put me back to about 10 grand. I had around 3 million a couple of days ago. But the 63 Ferrari 250LM, a McLaren F1 and The Lambo Sesto Elemento, (the latter 2 were Driver level up's that I couldn't pass up) emptied that cache rather quickly.

I saw a Punto in the hot hatch hoppers last night, guess he could only get that from Crates?

I had 3 unclaimed bonus credits packs off 100k each so got one the new 330k boxes rarest thing I got was the tuxedo outfit.

I only ever buy the Premier Mod Crates for value, but lately the best they are giving me (worth a damn) is the "Stay on track for race" 70% or 80% Cr bonus, when it used to be "stay on track for a lap" which was far more doable with the nimrod AI in the game. Annoying.

Personally, I find the Driver Gear and Badges a mild amusement at the most. The Crates are only worth anything to me for the Cars and the Race Mods. As I am finding out more and more, less for the cars, (as you really don't get anything very special that you can't already buy on your own/ or, 30% of the time it's a car I already own, and have to sell it back for a fraction of what I paid for it, (the price of the crate)), but much more for the mods. In my experience you can get some very nice Race Mods in some of the expensive crates and more so than the Premium Mods crates. One of the Mods I find Really useful, is the start at the back of the pack mod, and if used in conjunction with the Passing Mods you can get lucky and achieve your passing goals more of the time. However, the Back of the Pack Mods (ones that start you further back at the start, some just drop you back a few places, so I am using the term Back of the Pack loosely here) are very rare and I don't get them in the Premium Mods crate, more so in the other more expensive Crates.

I was just curious what others are doing with the $$ for crate thing.

Right now I don't think any of the crates provide a good return on the CR investment involved. This is doubly so if you've already completed the Single Player campaign (and won't be using Mod Cards as much) or have already obtained your favourite Driver Gear.

If you're working your way through the Forza Drivers Cup then I think the lowest value Mod Crate is alright as you can generally turn a profit off of it, but outside of that I wouldn't go for any of the Prize crates unless they had exclusive rewards, like the Halloween-themed ones from last month.

Also, there are no exclusive cars in any Prize Crate. There are cars you can't buy, but those can all be obtained by other means (usually as a Driver Level reward).

Right now I don't think any of the crates provide a good return on the CR investment involved. This is doubly so if you've already completed the Single Player campaign (and won't be using Mod Cards as much) or have already obtained your favourite Driver Gear.

If you're working your way through the Forza Drivers Cup then I think the lowest value Mod Crate is alright as you can generally turn a profit off of it, but outside of that I wouldn't go for any of the Prize crates unless they had exclusive rewards, like the Halloween-themed ones from last month.

Also, there are no exclusive cars in any Prize Crate. There are cars you can't buy, but those can all be obtained by other means (usually as a Driver Level reward).

The mods in the premier crates pay for themselves after one extra long race (about 45 minutes). If you are only doing standard or long races though they probably aren't worth it.

Has anyone received a "legendary" Mod from a Prize Crate? Some of the Crates state "Chance for Legendary" (or Yellow Mod). So far in my experience I have only gotten Yellow Legendary Mods from my VIP when it activated. Which makes me think, exactly what chance at Legendary? I'm thinking less than 5 %. Any thoughts?

Back