Forza Motorsport 7: Share your best Prize Crate openings!

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 100 comments
It's an improvement. Better chances for Rare Driver gear, and a decent chance for Super Rare Driver gear. Plus a nice array of decent cars that I normally don't see on level up rewards. As long as they keep "shaking it up" I'm okay. But I would like a chance for some Legendary gear.

Crates updated:

Convertible Crate: Guaranteed 1 Standard Car and 1 Driver Gear, plus 1 FREE Dare Mod, and 1 FREE Badge.

Standard cars include 1980 Fiat 124 Sport Spider, 1969 Datsun 2000 Roadster, 2016 Mazda MX-5, 1999 Lotus Elise Series 1 Sport 190, 1967 Mercedes-Benz 280SL, 1953 Chevrolet Corvette, 1959 BMW 507, 1957 Ferrari 250 California, 2016 Jaguar F-Type Project 7, 1955 Porsche 550 Spyder, 1960 Chevrolet Corvette, and 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C.

Coupe Crate: Guaranteed 1 Standard Car and 1 Driver Gear, plus 1 FREE Dare Mod, and 1 FREE Badge.

Standard cars include 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX, 2002 Acura RSX Type-S, 1998 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo, 2015 Audi TTS Coupe, 2011 Mazda RX-8 R3, 2013 Ford Shelby GT500, 2013 BMW M6 Coupe, 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe, 2010 Maserati Gran Turismo S, 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, 2015 McLaren 650S Coupe, and 2007 Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione.

GT Crate: Guaranteed 1 Standard Car and 1 Driver Gear, plus 1 FREE Dare Mod, and 1 FREE Badge.

Standard cars include 1979 Opel Kadett C GT/E, 2011 Peugeot 308 GTi, 1971 Plymouth GTX 426 HEMI, 1988 Lamborghini Jalpa, 2002 Lotus Esprit V8, 1997 Mitsubishi GTO, 1992 Honda NSX-R, 1979 BMW #6 BMW Motorsport M1 Procar, 2011 McLaren 12C, 1995 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1, 2016 Dodge Viper ACR, and 2015 Ferrari F12tdf.

Rarity for all rewards:
Common - 25%
Uncommon - 25%
Rare - 34%
Super Rare - 8%
Legendary - 8%

Tried the Coupe Crate out, was awarded a Fire Badge, an uncommon Rain Race Conditions mod worth 60%, Indianapolis driver gear, and the '16 Viper ACR (sold for 137,500).

Also got these within minutes of each other from master mods crates.
0602182034.jpg
0602182125.jpg

I stack 3 of them with unbeatable AI and the VIP Bonus, that's 500% right there. Add in one of the few FE cars that has a 100% bonus at certain tracks and you can make some serious moola. :lol:

I stack 3 of them with unbeatable AI and the VIP Bonus, that's 500% right there. Add in one of the few FE cars that has a 100% bonus at certain tracks and you can make some serious moola. :lol:
Yeesh :scared: yeah I'd say so. I keep forgetting to buy the VIP pack..

I spent about 15 million CR over the last 30 days on last months Prize Crate's (the one's that sold for 160,000). They were basically useless in obtaining some of the more Rare driver gear, and only slightly helpful in getting any Badges that I am missing. What seemed to always happen, I sell the car, the mod, get money back from the driver gear, and already have the badge and get nothing for that. Certain Driver gear suits seem to be painfully kept at bay. I can understand the Super Rare and Legendary, but why the more common, uncommon and rare? For example, I am missing the Tech Green Camo, the Alfa Romeo, and the Catalunya suits. As well as the Forza Black and Forza Green, and another of the olde time suits. I spent countless hours, buying and opening Prize Crates only to be frustrated and denied. Ugh. All I got was the elusive Alfa Romeo gear.

However, I had great luck with these new crates. I purchased 4 of each, and got 2 Legendary Gear, and 2 Super Rare badges I needed. At least these new Crates have a chance at the Legendary gear as well.

Okay, so spent some more CR on the New Prize Crates. I have purchased about 2 dozen (22 to be exact) of each of them over the last couple of days. I didn't have much luck, got plenty of my money back following my above strategy. Disturbing though, is the fact that I keep getting the same Legendary Gear every time. I have gotten Spa Day, Pop Gen, Karateka, duplicate times (3) each. and only got 1 new (Red Ninja). I did, however, receive 2 Drivers Gear that I needed off my list, (Forza Black, and the Vintage Red). I also got the Welder Gear (Super Rare), as well as a duplicate or two. I also managed to get a few Badges crossed off as well. I now have all the Uncommon Badges. Still, my point is we shouldn't be getting duplicates, over and over, randomly. It should be fair, offering us an even chance to cross Legendary, Super Rare and Rare Driver Gear off our lists.

Prize Crates updated:

Golden Driver Gear Crate: Super Rare of Legendary Driver Gear, GUARANTEED! Includes 2 Driver Gear and 1 FREE Badge!
Silver Driver Gear Crate: 20% Chance fo LEGENDARY Driver Gear! 2 Driver Gear and 1 FREE Badge GUARANTEED!
Bronze Driver Gear Crate: 2 Driver Gear and 1 FREE Badge GUARANTEED! Chance for Legendary Driver Gear!

Time to spend a few million on the Golden Driver Gear Crate, see what I get.

UPDATE: I bought 60 Golden Driver Gear Crates. That's 120 Very Rare and Legendary suits. There were less than 20 different suits that came up, I owned them all. If you're interested, here's what showed up:
Michael Müller (about a billion times)
Ukyo Takagi
Grand Touring
Firefighter Brown
Firefighter Black
Construction Worker
Chef
Motorcycle Cop
High Flyer (once)
Bandit
Doctor
Boo!
Clown
Band Leader Blue
Band Leader Green
Band Leader Orange
Band Leader Pink

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. I did the same thing, although not to the extreme you did. My results concur what you've posted here. The only difference was I got Ukyo Takagi many times, Firefighter black a bunch, the bandleader gear each color over and over, ( I needed the Pink). I got about 5 or 6 I actually needed ( Boo! was 1 of them). But what I see here seems to be a closed circuit of gear that recycles over and over. Last batch of prize crates, I kept getting the same Legendary and Super Rare gear over and over as well, (Spa Day, Karateka, etc.). I need to check this list again later and see if its worth another go around for me. I need the Brown Camoflage and I think that is all for the non Legendary/Super Rare/Rare suits. I am also down to about 13 or so Badges left, ( 9 Legendary ). The Forza Veteran Badges don't open up for you if your Forza Veteran level increases. So it owes me 7 and 8. So I am missing a few of those as well.

Back