Forza Motorsport 7: Share your best Prize Crate openings!

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 100 comments
Has anyone received a "legendary" Mod from a Prize Crate? Some of the Crates state "Chance for Legendary" (or Yellow Mod). So far in my experience I have only gotten Yellow Legendary Mods from my VIP when it activated. Which makes me think, exactly what chance at Legendary? I'm thinking less than 5 %. Any thoughts?

Has anyone received a "legendary" Mod from a Prize Crate? Some of the Crates state "Chance for Legendary" (or Yellow Mod). So far in my experience I have only gotten Yellow Legendary Mods from my VIP when it activated. Which makes me think, exactly what chance at Legendary? I'm thinking less than 5 %. Any thoughts?
Best I've got is Super Rare

I've had two show up since I started playing, one was just a legendary award badge though.

I got one but I can't remember what crate type it was from. Its not that good really single use night race and it gives 70% credits boost, I would say I have opened about 20 crates of different types.
mods.png

The only Legendary Mods I remember getting were from the Mod Packs you get as Driver Level Rewards, after you have almost all of the standard Driver Gears (the game starts to offer you Mod Packs instead).

I just got this in my Premier Mod crate. Think I'm selling it right away though. :nervous:

legendary card.jpg

Seems they changed the mod crates as well, the most expensive one is now only 30,000 (it has 4 mods, not sure how many there were before).

Got the Zak Speed Capri and the Bentley concept car in the same legendary box.

That's a pretty good haul. I bought the priciest one yesterday and got one of the Holden V8 Supercars and a Cayenne, both of which I already owned, so I sold them and actually made money. :lol:

• All of the special Prize Crates give out Driver Gear only.
  • There are crates with varying numbers of Driver Gears in them.
  • The best deal is the 4+1 Driver Gear crate.

Since I work on a well-known trading card game, time to do what our community does best: open packs and extrapolate data from it! :D

• I had roughly 16,000,000 CR to spend so I bought 50 4+1 crates.
  • Number of Legendary Driver Gears obtained: 12 (2 crates had 2 Legendaries in them)
  • Approximate CR earned from duplicate Driver Gears: 8,000,000

Legendary Driver Gears that appeared*:
  • Golfer
  • Gen Pop
  • Midnight
  • Spa Day
  • Samurai

Super Rare Driver Gears that appeared*:
  • Business Suit
  • Farmer
  • Riveting
  • Real McCoy
  • Cyber
  • Cheerleader

I imagine the pull rates for high rarities in each new Prize Crate are the same, the only difference is the price and quantity for each.

* Other Driver Gears at these rarities may have appeared, but as they’d be duplicates they wouldn’t show up as “New” for me.

Seems they changed the mod crates as well, the most expensive one is now only 30,000 (it has 4 mods, not sure how many there were before).
The 50k crate had 5, but you could pull mods of any rarity from them which made them a bit of a dubious purchase. The way the mod crates are done now looks like it gives a much better return on investment.

I bought a 25k driver gear crate to further my secondary goal of collecting all the non-costume racing gear, and it pulled the Monza suit which I already have... so instead it gave me 30k credits. Even if it's just a tiny amount, I'm still amused that I have a chance of turning an immediate profit every time I buy that crate since I have almost all the track-themed gear already. :lol:

Its been awhile since i bought a Mod pack, as i didnt like the mods i was getting. But now i get mod packs on level ups rewards. just tryed one and all 5 mods seems "good" to me

1 Legendary - Lockdown (ABS, TCS & STM OFF) 100% CR & +3.000XP, 3 uses
1 Super Rare - Camera Action (Follow Low Cam Only) +50% CR, 1use
1 Super Rare - Fast Learner (Improved Race Rewards) +2.000XP, 1use
1 Rare - Get Shifthy (Manual Transmission) +60% CR, 3 uses
1 Rare - Immesion (HUD Disabled & Manueal Transmission) +70% CR & +1.500XP, 3 uses

Edit Just opend another one, and they seem good too.....

1 Super Rare - Steer Clear (Sim Steering) +80% CR, 3 uses
1 Super Rare - Art of the Apex (TCS OFF, Perform 8 Good Turns) +80% CR & +2.000XP, 3 uses
1 Rare - Superior Drafting (Perform 2 Perfect Drafts) +70%CR, 3 uses
1 Rare - Purist (Cockpit Cam Only, HUD disabled)+70%CR & +1.500XP, 3 uses
1 Rare - Fast Learner (Improved Race Rewards) +1.500XP, 1 use

Last edited:
The timed-exclusive Prize Crates have ticked over, and like last time I spent a bunch of CR so that you don’t have to ;)

These Prize Crates are available from December 7 to December 21, there is no special theme this time:
  • Mega Mystery Crate - Ultimate (515,000 CR): 6 items.
  • Large Mystery Crate - Ultimate (365,000 CR): 4 items.
  • Mini Mystery Crate - Ultimate (190,000 CR): 2 items.

I started with about 21,000,000 CR and bought 45 Mega Mystery Crates:

• CR after selling all cars, Mods and duplicate Driver Gears: 13,500,000
  • Legendary Cars opened: 3
  • Legendary Badges opened: 5
  • Legendary Mod Cards opened: 7
  • Legendary Driver Gears opened: 6 (only Samurai and Red Ninja showed up)

Unless you desperately need some Legendary Mod Cards or want the Driver Gears mentioned above, there is very little of value here; you’d be best off keeping your CR for upcoming Specialty Dealer cars or the next set of timed-exclusive Prize Crates.

Did I miss something or have the 50,000 credit Premier mod crates disappeared? The most expensive mod-only crates I can find are master mod crates for 30k and I have a feeling the mods they contain are the most difficult to claim.

Did I miss something or have the 50,000 credit Premier mod crates disappeared? The most expensive mod-only crates I can find are master mod crates for 30k and I have a feeling the mods they contain are the most difficult to claim.

I didnt see them last night as I spent a good half an hour buying the mod crates for XP mods as Im grinding away for the RSR.

No 50k Mod crates seen. The most expensive one was 30k.

Last night I bought the 2 Item Special Crate for 190,000 cr. In it I got the Quicksilver Chevy Oreca LM Race Car, (I already own it), and a Legendary Badge, (the Horse head?). Since I own the car, Sell Price showed 212,500, so I sold the car, for a profit of 22,500 and a Legendary Badge! See? every once in a while you get moderately lucky! That's actually the very first Legendary Badge I've gotten.

The timed-exclusive Prize Crates have ticked over, and like last time I spent a bunch of CR so that you don’t have to ;)

These Prize Crates are available from December 21 to January 4:
  • Golden Driver Gear Crate (420,000 CR): 2 Driver Gear. 95% Super Rare, 5% Legendary (exclusive).
  • Silver Driver Gear Crate (365,000 CR): 2 Driver Gear. 80% Rare or better, 20% Legendary (exclusive).
  • Bronze Driver Gear Crate (160,000 CR): 2 Driver Gear. 80% Rare or better, 1% Legendary (exclusive).

I started with 20,000,000 CR and bought 47 Golden Driver Gear Crates:

• CR after selling all duplicate Driver Gears: 9,200,000
  • Legendary Driver Gears opened: 2

Legendary Driver Gears opened:
  • High Flyer
  • Good Knight

Super Rare Driver Gears appear to be generic, all from the Forza Favourites category.

----------

To follow up, I spent that 9,200,000 CR and bought 25 Silver Driver Gear Crates:

• CR after selling all duplicate Driver Gears: 4,800,000
  • Legendary Driver Gears opened: 13

Legendary Driver Gears opened:
  • Boo!
  • High Flyer
  • Bandit
  • Good Knight
  • Clown

Conclusion:

Golden Driver Gear Crates if you’re after Super Rares, Silver Driver Gear Crates if you’re after Legendaries.

Don’t waste your CR on Bronze Driver Gear Crates as the Commons and Rares are the same you get from Driver Level Rewards.

If you’ve seen my previous posts you know the deal. New Prize Crates are up and here are the contents to that you don’t have to “waste” millions of CR figuring out what’s inside.

For this rotation I opened 50 of each Prize Crate posted below (150 in total):

Mega Variety Crate - Ultimate
270,000 CR

Legendary Mods: 9
Legendary Driver Gears: 9 (Samurai, Red Ninja, Karateka)
Legendary Badges: 1
Cars of any rarity: [h]0[/h]

Large Variety Crate - Ultimate
190,000 CR

Legendary Mods: 6
Legendary Driver Gears: 8 (Samurai, Red Ninja, Karateka)
Legendary Badges: 4
Cars of any rarity: [h]0[/h]

Mini Variety Crate - Ultimate
100,000 CR

Legendary Mods: 9
Legendary Driver Gears: 3 (Samurai, Red Ninja, Karateka)
Legendary Badges: 8

Conclusions:
  • Despite what the descriptions say, there are no cars at all in the Large and Mega crates.
  • Unless you desperately want the Driver Gears metnioned or Legendary Mods and Badges, these crates aren’t worth buying in my opinion.
  • CR return on investment (assuming you sell every Mod and get many duplicate Driver a Gears) is in line with other times crates at around 50%

Ugh the Prize crates have really gotten lousy. What is the point of the flags crates? I tried to get all the flag drivers suits, but have now bought over 100 crates, and I'm still missing 1 (Chile). Buying 1 at a time is a colossal waste of time, why couldn't they have had 2 per crate? At least you get your money back if you get a suit that you own already. Then the Car crate is useless, as I have all the cars that aren't unlocked. So what is the point? the other Driver gear crate (for 25,000) at least it gives you a chance at a badge. The Mod Crates are the only thing I bother with, and I pretty much leave the lesser ones alone. C'mon TURN 10 !!! Step up your game!

I only need the Audi suit so I've pumped about 10,000,000 credits into the 25,000 cr suit and badge prize crate over the past couple weeks. I've gotten every single team color, pattern, country, race track and car suit except Audi.

The current Makers prize Crates expire in 7 hours. Any ideas as to what will replace them? I notice those Makers don't include ALL of the manufacturers listed alphabetically in that group. So more of the same? I don't know about the rest of you, but I would like a chance at getting some of the Legendary content that we missed out on, or didn't win in some of the Bounty Hunter or Forzathon challenges. Specifically some Legendary Car content that we never get in the driver level ups or some of the Legendary Driver gear that we never get in any of the recent Prize crates. C'mon Turn 10, step it up!

Three new crates:

Drag Race Car Crate: 1 Standard Car with a 30% chance for Common, 30% chance for Uncommon, 30% chance for Rare, and 10% chance for Super Rare Cars.

Standard cars include 1964 Ford Fairlane, 1666 Chevrolet Nova Super Sport 396, 1969 Buick GSX, 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge, 1960 Chevrolet Corvette, 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, 2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat, 2015 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat, and 1969 Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds 442.

1 Driver Gear with a 15% chance for Common, 35% chance for Uncommon, 45% chance for Rare, and 5% chance for Super Rare Driver Gear.

Drift Car Crate: 1 Standard Car with a 30% chance for Common, 30% chance for Uncommon, 30% chance for Rare, and 10% chance for Super Rare Cars.

Standard cars include 2000 Nissan Silvia Spec-R, 2017 Nissan GT-R, 2016 Mercedes-Benz-AMG C 63 S Coupe, 1993 Nissan 240SX, 1997 Mazda RX-7, 2016 Porsche Cayman GT4, 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe, 2013 Subaru BRZ, 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe, and 2009 Honda S2000 CR.

1 Driver Gear with a 15% chance for Common, 35% chance for Uncommon, 45% chance for Rare, and 5% chance for Super Rare Driver Gear.

Driver's Delight Car Crate: 1 Standard Car with a 30% chance for Common, 30% chance for Uncommon, 30% chance for Rare, and 10% chance for Super Rare Cars.

Standard cars include 1999 Lotus Elise Series 1 Sport 190, 2013 Mazda Formula Mazda, 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX STI, 1982 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.3, 2011 Audi RS5 Coupe, 1999 Dodge Viper GTS ACR, 2013 Ariel Atom, 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X GSR, 2015 Ultima Evolution Coupe 1020, and 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C.

Back