Forza Motorsport 7: Specialty Dealer

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,015 comments
SD repeat cars available.

1. 1964 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport [B550] 36,800 CR

2. 1969 Dodge Charger Daytona HEMI [C475] 88,550 CR

3. 1963 Ferrari 250LM
[A648] 1,552,500 CR

So has anyone worked out how long it will take until we see some new cars (or heaven forbid the cycle starts again)?

I don't mind these opportunities to grab cars I missed the first time around, such as all three this week. This rotation can't repeat itself forever though. There has to be a new batch making rounds at some point. Anything less would be stupid.

How many repeats left before they'd have to go for the third repeat of the cycle? Hopefully those theorizing that the repeats are motivated by the need to give latecomers who bought the game during the Christmas holidays a second chance to own those cars are right, because with the irregular pace of Forzathons, and a number of possible "reward slots" in the Leagues / Bounty Hunters being filled by suits, I can see some cars still being unavailable by the time Horizon 4 will come out, if that's not the case...

That is still the best Forza to date :/

Sorry, but as someone who emigrated to Forza from Gran Turismo around the time FM4 came out, I'll just have to laugh at your face. The game was built on an outdated engine, with outdated assets, an uninspiring artistic direction which showed in terrible "fantasy/original" tracks, and a car selection that by far put "quantity" over "quality" and "variety", and was only ameliorated by DLC. The only thing I honestly miss from that game is the GT1 cars. But then... I guess that's just me? Everybody seems to be so crazily in love with FM4.

2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 - 523,250 Cr
1994 Nissan Silvia K's - 44,850 Cr
2012 Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 - 264,500 Cr

Ended up with a #9 Porsche (yay) after missing this lot the first time around.
Great thank you! :cheers:

And congrats! :sly: Highest I've ever gotten is #148 (I think).

Hate repeating cars, but don't mind snatching up another Aventador & RS. Both my current ones have designs on them, so happy to have 2 more to do something different with.

Sorry, but as someone who emigrated to Forza from Gran Turismo around the time FM4 came out, I'll just have to laugh at your face. The game was built on an outdated engine, with outdated assets, an uninspiring artistic direction which showed in terrible "fantasy/original" tracks, and a car selection that by far put "quantity" over "quality" and "variety", and was only ameliorated by DLC. The only thing I honestly miss from that game is the GT1 cars. But then... I guess that's just me? Everybody seems to be so crazily in love with FM4.

No need to "laugh at my face" you can have a different opinion without being condescending about it.

To me it's the best Forza to date because the community was the most active, the storefront was a great thing, no 150 cars locked behind the good will of turn10, no ****** mod cards and crates and I guess, I wasn't tired of the whole franchise at the time.

But whatever that's not the topic here.

I had money for Aventador, but not for Revention, that was week later if I remember correctly.

I hope so that will show up once more.

Sorry, but as someone who emigrated to Forza from Gran Turismo around the time FM4 came out, I'll just have to laugh at your face.
Well, you better laugh in my face too. I made the migration from GT to FM about the same time as you. I bought an XBox 360 and FM3 just a couple months before FM4 came out. FM5, 6 and 7 are definitely more beautiful, but they aren't nearly as fun as 4. I could list many reasons why I think so, but as @Kedmasterz said, that's not the topic here.

Getting back on topic, this recycling of specialty dealer cars is frustrating. Everybody assumes it's to allow fans who bought/received the game during Christmas to catch up on cars that have already been released. I don't buy that at all. If they kept releasing new cars, everyone would be happy, new fans and old fans alike. Doing this just annoys the hundreds of thousands of fans who have had the game since release. You want to give newer fans a chance at cars that have already been in the specialty dealer? Start recycling when you get to the end of the list.

Repeated again... Aventador, Silvia and Forza Aero GT3 RS 4.0...

Forza Aero?

Getting back on topic, this recycling of specialty dealer cars is frustrating. Everybody assumes it's to allow fans who bought/received the game during Christmas to catch up on cars that have already been released. I don't buy that at all. If they kept releasing new cars, everyone would be happy, new fans and old fans alike. Doing this just annoys the hundreds of thousands of fans who have had the game since release. You want to give newer fans a chance at cars that have already been in the specialty dealer? Start recycling when you get to the end of the list.

That assumption made sense those few times when only one car reappeared from previous weeks. You're right it doesn't make much sense how it only has been repeating itself the past few weeks.

For whatever reason turn10 though it was good to put the forza Aero front spoiler on the GT3 RS 4.0 ... And it's not removable.

I did notice the front looking off, but I didn't know it was customized with Forza parts.

If that's the case, maybe they have been too lazy (surprise) to fix handling characteristics in the code and instead decided to compensate with a simple modification. I'll need to check this myself, but it does sound rather disappointing.

Back