• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,015 comments
I like numbers too!
So do I. Here are the numbers on my first three cars:

1971 Ford Falcon XY GTHO Phase III: 4516

2010 Mazda MX-5 Super20: 6142

1995 Nissan NISMO GT-R LM: 4001

Last edited:
I'm just gonna say this: if you have any interest at all in small, light, super-agile cars, you definitely want to grab a Mugen CRX now while it's cheap. It's truly amazing how much fun it is to toss it around, especially in the rain. Only catch is you absolutely have to avoid contact, because even a minor shunt will send you halfway to Mars.

The lower your number the rarer your car is. There’s a certain level of prestige with having the 1st ever build of a real-life car (they go for obscene amounts at auctions) and this system tries to replicate that.

So, whoever gets the #1, can go to the auction house and just rake the money in auctioning that particular car off?

Okay, I like that number system actually. Could be fun to try to get rare, low number cars. I bought all the recent specialty cars last night, wonder what my numbers are.

Okay, another question. Say if you go to the dealer and a certain car has a number of #300, can you restart the game to see if the number changes?

Okay, another question. Say if you go to the dealer and a certain car has a number of #300, can you restart the game to see if the number changes?
You don’t see the number until you buy the car, as a car’s number is decided at point of sale.

You don’t see the number until you buy the car, as a car’s number is decided at point of sale.

Oh, so that way you can't cheat the system and keep refreshing until you get that #1.

I'm just trying to learn everything i can before I get the game.

Oh, so that way you can't cheat the system and keep refreshing until you get that #1.

I'm just trying to learn everything i can before I get the game.
Yeah, you’re understanding it better now.

Cars are numbered sequentially; the earlier you buy it the closer you are to #1.

The Nismo Skyline sounds and drives amazing.
It was wonderful and I'll be driving it again.
I toyed with the CRX in FH2, but it didn't fit the game that well, anxious to try it in FM7.

It was a great reunion after GT's rendition left a sour taste in my mouth for years.

The CRX is one of the fastest cars in its Division by the way, just wanted to point that out. Plenty of good Tunes out there for it.

CRX is a very nice car indeed. 👍 (My mate has one IRL, very hard to come by a good one these days)

The CRX is one of the fastest cars in its Division by the way, just wanted to point that out. Plenty of good Tunes out there for it.
I noticed that there's almost no parts added to it for homologation, since it's so close to its divison's PI cap at stock. But then again it is practically a street legal track car that's about 400 pounds lighter than a first-gen MX-5, so that shouldn't be a surprise.

I wonder if you put mileage on these cars, does it affect the value? I hope not, who doesn't want to try out the cars?

I wonder if you put mileage on these cars, does it affect the value? I hope not, who doesn't want to try out the cars?
No, mileage is just another statistic. It'd be kinda neat if things like the number of wins, mileage, number of big crashes and such had an effect on a car's value, but that'd probably be needlessly complicated for what's basically an automotive sandbox.

No, mileage is just another statistic. It'd be kinda neat if things like the number of wins, mileage, number of big crashes and such had an effect on a car's value, but that'd probably be needlessly complicated for what's basically an automotive sandbox.

Haha now that would be something. All those wins would show some pedigree adding prestige, but then all that mileage driving down the value. Car crashes could show up in the in-game hypothetical "car fax" (a micro-transaction of course ;)).

They should study older GTs... It's just one more data field. Nothing too complicated that could make it more enjoyable.

At least for collectors and those who care about car ownership in games.

But I'll not complain, already super happy with how FM7 is now with the added bits. :)

Back