Forza Motorsport 7: Specialty Dealer

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,015 comments
I need to test the McLaren tomorrow. I already have my preferred car for that Division (the 2008 Viper) but if this can get close I’ll switch over and use it in the Hoppers.
I’ve given the McLaren a run and while it’s got potential the ‘08 Viper is a much stronger car overall.

• The Viper can get 355mm front tyres (the Homologation cap) whereas the Mclaren’s best are 325.
  • The Viper also has more power, 447kw vs 431 (the cap is 485 but I prefer cars with lots of grip).
  • Looking at the performance ratings the Viper has much better Handling and Braking, whereas the McLaren barely beats it on Speed and Accelerartion.
I took both around my preferred test track (Catalunya National). The McLaren did a 17.1 and the Viper a 15.5. With some tuning I think I can get the McLaren down to a 16.0 but the Viper’s much easier to drive.

Last edited:
I went through my garage and sold off a few cars

McLaren 570S #8625
Pagani Zonda Cinque #3663

I'll probably buy the Camino in due course but Im broke now thanks to the other two cars lol

Man, if only I could sell the F&F cars to get the Cinque. Also, it's a real shame I can't get a mullet outfit with the El Camino. Hell, I'd drive with the mullet in all my cars.

Got the El Camino and 570S this morning, but would be completely broke if I bought the Cinque (sitting at 1.47 million after buying the P1 GTR & Sesto last night), so I'll just get that once I'm back up to 2.5 million.

ElCamino #9
McLaren #49
Zonda #? <-- need to grind for credits.

BTW I was on the store and as soon as the timer ticketd to 3s left I left the garage and re-entered - the cars appeared and bought the ElCamino at that second and 8 other pitiful "refresh now" folks where already there waiting to scoop the first 8. 4s later the McLaren purchase was concluded and #49 was the number.

48 sales in 6s. Gotta be a car sales record right there.

The 570S is fun to drive. I could use a little more grip tho.

I found it to be a little underwhelming compared to the 650S, but then again that might just be buyer's remorse on my part since I got the 650S for free.

Think I'm going to pass on the Cinque, and just worry about buying cars that I'm geniunely interested in from now on. There's no chance of me getting a low numbered one so I can't justify saving them as auction house fodder, anyway.

I found it to be a little underwhelming compared to the 650S, but then again that might just be buyer's remorse on my part since I got the 650S for free.

Think I'm going to pass on the Cinque, and just worry about buying cars that I'm geniunely interested in from now on. There's no chance of me getting a low numbered one so I can't justify saving them as auction house fodder, anyway.

The price tag on the Cinque is making it a hard choice.

I could buy so many cars with the 1.5million. 💡

The problem is that this is the only place to get it. At least for now. It might show up as a Forzathon prize, but there's no guarantee of that. It will probably show up in the auction house, but for considerably more than 1.5 million credits. This is the only place you can be guaranteed to get it for a reasonable(ish) price. If you pass on it before the dealer updates in 5 days, who knows if you'll be able to get it again?

That Zonda sure is a money sink. So the deadline for this specialty dealer is Oct. 24th? Patch Tuesday?
https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst104111p5_specialty-dealer.aspx
The specialty dealer updates every Tuesday at 17:00 PST (midnight GMT) regardless of whether there is an update or not.

Agreed,still grinding out for that one,but as I want as many cars as I can lay my paws on,I'll do it,also 1.4m now,and how much in the auction later?

If you sell your cars, your collector's tier will go down. Kind of a nonsense feature in the game. I can't get rid of all the rubbish that clutters my garage to get more money.

If you sell your cars, your collector's tier will go down. Kind of a nonsense feature in the game. I can't get rid of all the rubbish that clutters my garage to get more money.
I don’t think it drops a level though, I thought it just goes to the “bottom”’of the level you’re on? Like if your almost level 33, if you sell a bunch of cars, won’t it just empty out that “progress circle” and you still be 32, just without any progress towards 33?

That doesnt make a lot of sense, in the real world if a collector sells a few cars their status doesn't go down so why should it in the game?

Its not a big deal but its a bit odd. I sold off a dozen cars or so to fund my purchase of the Zonda. No regrets. She's a beauty.

Now im broke and the next level up prize is the Diablo SV which is 650k but comes with approx 1900 collector points. Time to get racing again

First time I tried paying attention to when the market opened. Got a #49 and slapped a neat livery on it.

tnNhwvG-cqZprebSM9yDDlECtcQF8ya6vHCs8VF29J4.png

Well, 650 is a greater number than 570, after all.

Last edited:
I don’t think it drops a level though, I thought it just goes to the “bottom”’of the level you’re on? Like if your almost level 33, if you sell a bunch of cars, won’t it just empty out that “progress circle” and you still be 32, just without any progress towards 33?

No, I'm sure it drops levels too. I sold all my DLC cars once when I was Tier 3 and it dropped me to Tier 1. So it is a bit frustrating, because you can sell cars for money to get a car that you want, but in the process, you might drop a Tier and not be able to buy that car you want.

No, I'm sure it drops levels too. I sold all my DLC cars once when I was Tier 3 and it dropped me to Tier 1. So it is a bit frustrating, because you can sell cars for money to get a car that you want, but in the process, you might drop a Tier and not be able to buy that car you want.
I mean....is this like a serious concern though? You only have to be tier 5 to have all cars unlocked for purchase.

I'm tier 24. I think I could probably trim a few cars for cash and not run into this issue.

I'm sure there are people who this is a problem for but... Once you play a bit, you're going to have plenty of cars to keep you above 5 even if you sell a bunch you don't like. Seems like this is only a problem right at the beginning.

As far as I can tell, your tier doesn't matter at all, after 5.

you can probably keep tier 5 with just a couple legendary cars. (Koeniggsseggseg 1-1-one-1 is worth around 2,700)

Having seen how trivially easy it is for the AI to get the VW to topple over, I'm quite looking forward to it. Should be fun to shove an oversized engine in it and try to finish a lap at... well, anywhere. :lol:

I did that in 6 and would race it in S Class lobies. I would regularly speed out in front before the first turn then topple over as soon as I attempted a turn. It was a great time.

"Ferrari 250LM."

Well, at least they are giving us advance notice so we have time to save. :scared:
I don’t think I can earn enough money in time to buy the Ferrari. I expect it to be around 10,000,000 credits.

Back