Forza Motorsport 7: Specialty Dealer

• Thread starter PJTierney
  • 1,015 comments
It just doesn't help that a bit of your concerns about the game have been trivial, at best. Not all, mind you, but when you then see the posts of a threat basically saying that if you dont get these cars you wont be buying Forza, it kind of just compounds the original thought.

Nearly all my concerns about this game are rooted in the fact that Turn 10 has "fixed" too many things that weren't quite broken in FM6. That's not to say it didn't improve in some ways, but the questionable changes outshine the good for me. And again, it is not a threat that I might not want to buy another game by Turn 10. It's nothing more than a real possibility.

It underlines how much it bothers me that I may have missed the chance to collect cars that are part of the reason why I decided to buy FM7, such as the rare in video games Ferrari 612. I know we all more or less agree that Turn 10 hasn't been overly smart in making exclusive unicorns out of cars printed onto the game disc, so I don't know why my post on this matter was taken as an opportunity to question the weight of my words. Counterproductive to say the least.

You seem to fly between what seems like an actual issue, to things that really aren't that much of an issue. What it seems like to me is that you approach every issue in the same manor, regardless of the actual impact or importance of it.

There are definitely minor issues in FM7, and thereby issues so insignificant that I don't feel the need to talk about it. I mention the things that genuinely bother me, which may not always be things that bother everyone else all that much, so maybe this is why you have that impression.

I definitely get the gripe about the specialty dealer, as well as a lot of other issues, as issues of my own have basically stopped the urge to play as much as I used too, but that post itself was a bit over the top.

So we essentially agree but still pause to pick out flaws. :rolleyes:

If your going to post your personal thoughts on a subject, don't get into a fuss if someone posts theirs on yours.

The ever important distinction to keep in mind here is that I'm a paying customer sharing my feedback. I have a right to voice my complaints no matter how trivial you think it is. If you respectfully disagree with my opinion then that's fine, but the response I got initially was more like "let's stir a little drama now".

Was I stirring drama to begin with? Maybe if you want to insist that I made a "threat" in saying that I might not want to buy their next game unless they unlock the unicorns we all paid for a chance to miss. What I did say was - add these cars to the Specialty Dealer to preserve my interest in your games. Win-win, but here we are with Turn 10 still behaving as if they have something to lose by giving us access to all non-DLC cars in the game. It's so very weird.

Last edited:
I highly doubt they will. They need something to keep people coming back and doing the forzathon's and other competitions until FM8 (or at the least FH4) comes out after all.

I went to the specialty dealer thinking I was ten minutes late, forgot about daylight savings time. Not that I really expect anything other than the third repeat of week 2.

Interesting fact I just came across. The MX-5 Special 20 is currently in the Specialty Dealer, I logged on, thinking the cars were about to load, suddenly realizing, oh yeah, Daylight Saving Time, it's an hour later. So I decided, why not buy the MX-5 and turn into a sick race car. I bought it, and got serial number 33205. I already have 2 others, numbered 207, and 54634. The 207 I got when it came up again and was wise to how the dealership worked with the serial numbering. But, the 54634 I got the very 1st week, and may have been a day later, or maybe just hours later, (date says 10/06). SO I got a car numbered 33205 A WEEK LATER AND IT'S STILL 20+ Thousand less. That just goes to prove how unpopular this feature is getting.

I was wondering about that. I was thinking about getting a car at the very last minute to see what number I got, but you've saved me the trouble.

And yet people still snipe those cars from the auction house even though they're readily available every few weeks. I've sold my second Mugen CRX within minutes yesterday.

Note, 700 HP is a bit too much for the MX-5. But WOW! it is incredibly quick, it blows through the first 4 gears in a blink, getting you to 160mph really fast. But the tires, can't handle the power! Hmm, tone it down a bit.

Interesting fact I just came across. The MX-5 Special 20 is currently in the Specialty Dealer, I logged on, thinking the cars were about to load, suddenly realizing, oh yeah, Daylight Saving Time, it's an hour later. So I decided, why not buy the MX-5 and turn into a sick race car. I bought it, and got serial number 33205. I already have 2 others, numbered 207, and 54634. The 207 I got when it came up again and was wise to how the dealership worked with the serial numbering. But, the 54634 I got the very 1st week, and may have been a day later, or maybe just hours later, (date says 10/06). SO I got a car numbered 33205 A WEEK LATER AND IT'S STILL 20+ Thousand less. That just goes to prove how unpopular this feature is getting.

To be fair, the 1st week of the Specialty Dealer was also the 1st week of the game itself, when everyone was rushing to play it, and we're now over 5 months into the games lifespan.

Over 5 months and loads of cars I want are still locked off... sigh...

Nearly all my concerns about this game are rooted in the fact that Turn 10 has "fixed" too many things that weren't quite broken in FM6. That's not to say it didn't improve in some ways, but the questionable changes outshine the good for me. And again, it is not a threat that I might not want to buy another game by Turn 10. It's nothing more than a real possibility.
I'm not disagreeing with you for the most part, there are a lot of little issues that bother me too. In fact, I haven't really even opened up the game in weeks, outside of just checking something out recently. However, your own post that started this is like a backhand to all the serious issues you put forth. It very much flowed in the same vein as a threat - "Do this or I wont buy the next game!"

It underlines how much it bothers me that I may have missed the chance to collect cars that are part of the reason why I decided to buy FM7, such as the rare in video games Ferrari 612. I know we all more or less agree that Turn 10 hasn't been overly smart in making exclusive unicorns out of cars printed onto the game disc, so I don't know why my post on this matter was taken as an opportunity to question the weight of my words. Counterproductive to say the least.
Counterproductive was that post. Not so much your others, for the most part.

Unicorns I've loathed since its introduction, but at least they were special before and not tallied towards the actual car list. The way they're doing it now is just a bit crappy.

There are definitely minor issues in FM7, and thereby issues so insignificant that I don't feel the need to talk about it. I mention the things that genuinely bother me, which may not always be things that bother everyone else all that much, so maybe this is why you have that impression.
Yet, you do talk about some of those insignificant issues. Very much like the helicopters that @Northstar mentioned. I have the impression because no matter how big or small the issue is, you voice them as if they're equally bad as each other. Sometimes it looks like complaining just for the sake of it, other times not so much.

So we essentially agree but still pause to pick out flaws. :rolleyes:
I never disagreed. Just pointing out how you appear to go a bit extra sometimes. However, I'm not going around expecting them to do something just because I said, and turning around saying I wont buy the next game. I am however going to voice my opinion on things I'm not fond out, and make sure to be weary of the next game. I'm not going to just stop playing/buying future iterations just because of an issue that happened on the previous game, with a predetermined mindset before even finding anything out about the next title. I'll wait for the next title before making that decision.

The ever important distinction to keep in mind here is that I'm a paying customer sharing my feedback. I have a right to voice my complaints no matter how trivial you think it is. If you respectfully disagree with my opinion then that's fine, but the response I got initially was more like "let's stir a little drama now".
Theres no distinction that anyone has to keep in mind here. You're on a public forum, so expect people to respond to your opinion in kind. To act as if someone is supressing your opinion is a bit odd, we're just questioning the seriousness of it. How you can come in here to claim that you have a right to voice it, and but get bothered by others posting theirs in turn is a bit hypocritical. I'm not telling you to stop, I'm not hushing you, I'm pointing out that its a bit much to throw around something like that. The response you got came across because of the post you put forth - had it not flowed along the lines of a threat/tantrum, it probably would have warranted a different response.

Was I stirring drama to begin with? Maybe if you want to insist that I made a "threat" in saying that I might not want to buy their next game unless they unlock the unicorns we all paid for a chance to miss.
If you say it wasn't a threat, than that's fine. However, I still stand by it coming across exactly like that. I get the problems with the Specialty dealer, I have acknowledged such for the umpteenth time. It's one of the reasons that I'm having issues with right now as well.

What I did say was - add these cars to the Specialty Dealer to preserve my interest in your games. Win-win, but here we are with Turn 10 still behaving as if they have something to lose by giving us access to all non-DLC cars in the game. It's so very weird.
Oh, so much like the kids on youtube who scream at them to add so and so into the game or else they're selling it, or never purchasing one again? That's the problem that is put forth, it very much so resembled those posts. The issue being is that we know you can very well articulate a post much better than what we come across on the cesspit of the internet.

Last edited:
I'm not disagreeing with you for the most part, there are a lot of little issues that bother me too. In fact, I haven't really even opened up the game in weeks, outside of just checking something out recently. However, your own post that started this is like a backhand to all the serious issues you put forth. It very much flowed in the same vein as a threat - "Do this or I wont buy the next game!"

I've said multiple times now it wasn't intended to be a "threat". Even if it was, my comment revolves around possibly not buying a friggin game that hasn't even been announced... Is it worthy of an endless debate? It was directed towards the stubbornness coming out of Turn 10. Getting into this derailment was something I did not see coming.

Is it the "unless" par that ticks you off? Maybe I expressed myself in a generic way, but it happens to reflect where I stand right now.

Yet, you do talk about some of those insignificant issues. Very much like the helicopters that @Northstar mentioned. I have the impression because no matter how big or small the issue is, you voice them as if they're equally bad as each other. Sometimes it looks like complaining just for the sake of it, other times not so much.

You already said that. Take what I said before or leave it.

Theres no distinction that anyone has to keep in mind here. You're on a public forum, so expect people to respond to your opinion in kind.

I am talking about a product I have purchased, which in turn gives my criticism a very solid foundation to rest upon. On the other hand, you choose to focus on the nature of my post. In my opinion two different things. As I said, it's cool to disagree respectfully but the semi-confrontational attitude isn't.

To act as if someone is supressing your opinion is a bit odd, we're just questioning the seriousness of it.

I don't see any questions. It has been suggested that my posting history is flawed to the point where we cannot have it, so I defend myself in return.

How you can come in here to claim that you have a right to voice it, and but get bothered by others posting theirs in turn is a bit hypocritical.

As above, I disagree.

The response you got came across because of the post you put forth - had it not flowed along the lines of a threat/tantrum, it probably would have warranted a different response.

Given how terrible an idea it was to lock featured cars behind time-limited community events, I would have applauded someone saying what I said.

Oh, so much like the kids on youtube who scream at them to add so and so into the game or else they're selling it, or never purchasing one again? That's the problem that is put forth, it very much so resembled those posts. The issue being is that we know you can very well articulate a post much better than what we come across on the cesspit of the internet.

I have articulated my gripes with the Specialty Dealer in various ways over the past few months. Frustrations have kept piling up.

I've said multiple times now it wasn't intended to be a "threat". Even if it was, my comment revolves around possibly not buying a friggin game that hasn't even been announced... Is it worthy of an endless debate? My comment was directed at the stubbornness coming out of Turn 10 HQ. Getting into this derailment was something I did not see coming.
Yeah you have, and I'm telling you why it started, because it looked exactly like that. Did it need a debate? I dont know, you're the one that started debating it with long drawn out posts, so you tell me I guess? Whatever your comment was directed it, a threat is what it initially came off as. You've since clarified that.

Is it the "unless" par that ticks you off? Maybe I expressed myself in a generic way, but it happens to reflect where I stand right now.
Nothing has ticked me off, just calling on what I originally perceived.

ou already said that. Take what I said before or leave it.
You're right, but it looked like I needed to reiterate since you're continuing that discussion. Take it or leave it.

I am talking about a product I have purchased, which in turn gives my criticism a solid foundation to rest upon. On the other hand, you choose to focus on the nature of my post. In my opinion two different things. As I said, it's cool to disagree respectfully but the semi-confrontational attitude isn't.
Never said otherwise. I said expect people to reply to your opinion with their very own, if you post in public. Its simple. I did disagree, respectfully. You just didn't like the disagreeing opinion of your post, because it was perceived as a threat and a bit out there, especially for you. It's funny, because you're kind of the one that started the semi-confrontational attitude. Like I said, I respond to people like they respond to me, nothing more. Don't give it and you wont get it.

I don't see any questions. It has been suggested that my posting history is flawed to the point where we cannot have it, so I defend myself in return.
And a question is needed why? So only if I pose a question it means that I wasn't silencing your post? Sounds a bit ridiculous, but whatever floats your boat. Make up whatever you want, I suppose.

As above, I disagree.
Cool.

Given how terrible an idea it was to lock featured cars behind time-limited community events, I would have applauded someone saying what I said.
I wouldn't doubt it either.

I have articulated my gripes with the Specialty Dealer in various ways over the past few months. Frustrations have kept piling up.
Yeah I know, that was the reference. You're more than capable, that's why it sticks out so much.

Is it worthy of an endless debate?
So in the end, I guess it was worthy for you.

Yeah you have, and I'm telling you why it started, because it looked exactly like that.

How? "Threat" would suggest a zero-sum scenario where my gain would be their loss. Like I said, Turn 10 has nothing to lose by unlocking all cars locked behind online barriers.

Did it need a debate? I dont know, you're the one that started debating it with long drawn out posts, so you tell me I guess?

Well, I thought we were done after my post some days ago.

I said expect people to reply to your opinion with their very own, if you post in public. Its simple.

It all depends on the context. I underscored a common frustration around these parts, and in return I get to read about perceived flaws in my posting history and the in your opinion sometimes "trivial" nature of my complaints. More complicated than simple.

I did disagree, respectfully. You just didn't like the disagreeing opinion of your post, because it was perceived as a threat and a bit out there, especially for you. It's funny, because you're kind of the one that started the semi-confrontational attitude. Like I said, I respond to people like they respond to me, nothing more. Don't give it and you wont get it.

So all that 2007 Honda Civic sarcasm above was not directed at my post? Assuming it was though, did you expect a high five in return? I can take definitely take a little joke, but really... Anyway, it all started with that other poster also accusing me of empty threats.

And a question is needed why? So only if I pose a question it means that I wasn't silencing your post? Sounds a bit ridiculous, but whatever floats your boat. Make up whatever you want, I suppose.

I didn't say questions were needed, but I'd gladly answer a question, as opposed to having my posting history blamed for various perceived flaws.

Can we all agree "pancakes good" and move on with our lives?

👍

I think I'll take you up on something you yourself said, since you aren't holding it to any standard.

My question did not imply a standard. I was only surprised the cumbersome discussion was revived at this point.

Anyway, the pancake comment has distracted me to the point where I cannot write another word.

I think its quite telling that in the early days of the games release there would be people posting on the minute as to the week's lineup and yet yesterday there no posts at all around that time. Good idea but poorly implemented on Turn Ten's part. Gran Turismo's used car dealership was something to be savoured but this is just a poor imitation at best.

I like pancakes and tacos! Mmmmm, pancake shell tacos!
I actually dont really care for pancakes if they're too pillowy, I prefer them with a little crunch around the edges. Tacos on the other hand, I can live off them!

1970 Chevrolet El Camino Super Sport 454 - 35,075 Cr - +61 Common
2015 McLaren 570S Coupe - 264,500 Cr - +457 Rare
2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster - 1,437,500 Cr - +2475 Legendary

I think it's about time to admit that the reason they started recycling right around Christmas was purely a coincidence, and nothing to do with new players coming into the game thanks to Christmas gifts. Their intention was to run the Recycling Center- sorry, I mean the Specialty Dealer for nine weeks, and then start over, and then start over again. And probably again. I honestly think we will not see another new car introduced via the Specialty Dealer.

Back