Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 13,644 comments
actually we had some
they said that would be able to play offline, all tracks and cars would be free to play on them without need of unlocking it
I stand corrected. Was this on one of the Forza Monthly streams?

Good to see all cars don't need to be owned in order to try them in Free-Play.

I assume when free reward cars are added to the game, they'll be either available in Buy Cars or are an event reward.

If this is the case, I hope we can try that car in free-play in case we don't have the funds or haven't completed that event yet. Always nice to be able to jump straight into whatever new content is added to the game.

I literally copy pasted into google images, and it comes up with the Mercury Cougar in FM7 though :lol:

If people are happy with a reskinned Mercury and calling it new, thats fine.

That Roush developed tubeframe chassis was used since 1984 or something, and was re-skinned as Mustangs and Merkurs as well as the Mercury, but supposedly the chassis actually got changed quite a bit for the later Mustang program with the 4 cyl turbo motors.

I'm not super excited for this car or anything, but it will be interesting having the turbo version to compare with the Mercury and Merkur, since both have the V8 fitted.

This means that FM8 has six known Forza editions. I really hope these are the only Forza editions so far, because they take up unnecessary space in the car list. In my opinion, an oddball car would be a lesser evil compared to a Forza edition car.

I dunno, I'm fine with the Forza Editions that have a unique body kit, like the M3 E30 and '87 Trans-Am in FM7, and would actually like some more like that if they can make them for competing cars too. They could kinda make their own fantasy series, sorta like the fantasy group 3 cars from GT or something. Of course, they could just make those body kits available for the regular car so we can upgrade them add them if we want, but they didn't seem to like that idea in the past.

The ones like the Dodge Dart that were just sparkly paint and a bonus to credits or whatever were pretty stupid though.

I'm a little sad to see all of the oddballs go. We certainly don't need many of them, but a few could actually provide interesting racing. Sadly the oddball cars have always been a very polarizing topic and people tend to take extremes on them, either wanting all of them and more, or none of them at all. A few carefully selected ones don't hurt anything, in my opinion.
Also heaps of new rims? That's a great development and I hope some are more devoted to classic cars (more mesh wheels please!)

Just need the wheel offset upgrade from FH5 and I'll be happy!

Yes, they do desperately need a better selection of classic wheels, particularly vintage road racing style. The selection has been very poor for years and it has been kind of annoying seeing them add so many others but never anything that looks right on a '60s touring car or something.

I don't think we have heard anything about the offset thing yet? Someone mentioned looking at one video where it showed the Subaru upgrades and it not having the offset option, but I know in FH5 some cars don't have the offset and I don't have that Subaru to know whether it's one of them.

Some of the cars desperately need the offset to look convincing as road racing cars, so it's one thing I was really looking forward to them carrying over from FH5.

CLK GTR!
gj06414d.png
04-antonio-banderas-interview-gq-september-2019-093019.gif

That's all I needed to see, I will have it leveled up to lvl 50 in the first day.

I stand corrected. Was this on one of the Forza Monthly streams?

Good to see all cars don't need to be owned in order to try them in Free-Play.

I assume when free reward cars are added to the game, they'll be either available in Buy Cars or are an event reward.

If this is the case, I hope we can try that car in free-play in case we don't have the funds or haven't completed that event yet. Always nice to be able to jump straight into whatever new content is added to the game.
you can rent any vehicle to race in multiplayer/free play/rivals

So the Builder achievements go...
15 Journeyman Builder
25 Pro Builder
20 Legendary Builder

What idiot came up with that...? Anyone with OCD will be 🤯

Last edited:
Yes, they do desperately need a better selection of classic wheels, particularly vintage road racing style. The selection has been very poor for years and it has been kind of annoying seeing them add so many others but never anything that looks right on a '60s touring car or something.
They don't even need to figure out how to license the products of long-dead wheel manufacturers for them - they only need to get a selection of Group4wheel wheels to plug that gap.

Then again, Group4 used to have a lot of tasteful Cromodora replicas in catalog, and now they're all gone. Which means perhaps the matter of the intellectual property of their designs is not as settled as I, or them, thought...

View attachment 1288917

Hakone Circuit just got revealed in the Tokyo Game Show with the Toyota GR Supra.

The path connecting to the back straight is a suspiciously light shade a grey. Light grey paths on the other track reveals have been quite clearly other layouts. You can even see a bridge over the greyed out path.

I’m going to guess we’ll see which ever layout that may be post launch like the Nordschleife.

The path connecting to the back straight is a suspiciously light shade a grey. Light grey paths on the other track reveals have been quite clearly other layouts. You can even see a bridge over the greyed out path.

I’m going to guess we’ll see which ever layout that may be post launch like the Nordschleife.

Good spot! A proper togue circuit connecting there would be a dream, but I'm not holding my breath.

Fully prepared for it to be another collection of neverending 100ft wide fast sweepers.

Last edited:
Remember Okutama?

I actually didn't! Might need to find my PS3 copy of that game, I don't think I appreciated it enough back in the day.

Something like this would be glorious, but actually that video js a good example of what I would "fear" from such a layout, with 90% of the "mountain road" corners taken at 120mph+ and being wide af.

Like the scenery is the only thing about it actually resembling a Touge circuit, if you know what I mean. And based on the new original circuits that would be my expectation of what a Turn10 Hakone Turnpike looks like.

But that's enough complaining about a potential layout that's not even confirmed yet :D

How many more cars left to be revealed?
Officially around 30

But that's enough complaining about a potential layout that's not even confirmed yet :D
I think that it would come in updates, maybe around or after Nord

BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE

Someone in Forza forums had noticied another piece of road, It looks that tthe shorter layouts of hakone could be similar to Circuit Bugatti and the new Fujimi could be the equivalent ot LeMans 24

but wait there is more.png

One of the things I'm really excited for, is hooning in some of the Aussie race cars again, Forza has really good representation here, covering many of the past Bathurst winners, and I'm hoping Turn 10 has a special announcement around release weekend when the great race is on this year, maybe a track release date, and I certainly wouldn't complain if they announce some of the newer gen cars coming in the future too

Attachments

• Bathurst_Forza.jpg
    Bathurst_Forza.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 9
Excuse my poor writing, but here's all the roads that you can spot in the Initial Gameplay:
1695302204322.png

Pit entry:

1695302251900.png

1 road after the big grandstand (going left) and the also the arch:

1695301695463.png

2 Road joining the track after the hotel building
1695301835929.png

3 Road cutting the infield of the track

1695301886616.png

4 Road joining the track through the infield

1695302070763.png

Last edited: