Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 14,440 comments
It's been roughly two months since release (on early access) and I don't recall being this indifferent to a Forza Motorsport game. It's a serious candidate for mothballing until something changes at its core that makes it appealing to me, whether it's the solo "campaign", the leveling system, the paint booth (and paint/reflection quality) or the parts/tuning system. "Falling in love with your car" was one big, fat lie.
I just found myself being completely uninterested in the gameplay loop, until something big changes I'll probably just be sticking to games I enjoy playing. There's just so many things that irk me about the game; a shame since I really enjoy the driving this time around.

I could be very wrong because I'm not a developer, but it seems like FM had a slightly troubled development cycle.

Last edited:
The Steam review scores are also worryingly low, and from past experience I know that’s an incredibly hard (but not impossible) thing to recover from.
One thing I've learned as a newbie PC player is that the games that perform well and make your rig shine get the most praise. FH5 does this and is often used as a graphics/performance benchmark, but big games that are somewhat hyped ("Built from the ground up" hem, hem) and make your rig look bad will get blasted. Now, a great game that releases on PC with poor performance, say Horizon: Zero Dawn, can recover in perception and ratings over time when things improve, but the problem with FM is that right now, while it may be a superior simulation to its forebears, IMO is just not a great game, and just adding tracks/cars will not make it better.

I was doing a few MX5 Cup races yesterday and had some pretty good fights, but when it came time for EagleRock Speedway, I ended up being alone on the grid as everyone ended up quitting during practice... I guess that track is not very much liked by anyone, and I can understand why, especially the "road course" layout that just feels uninspired. It's one of the downsides of having fewer tracks than before, but then again it means Laguna Seca actually shows up once in a while, which it barely did in FM7.

FYI: The Track Tour is completely gone from the career mode, and has not been added to the main Builders Cup, however, its spotlight cars are still accessible.

Screenshot (476).png

The Heart of Racing's raced an Aston Martin Vantage GT3 in IMSA and WEC, as well as the Vantage GT4.

Just received 2017 Acura NSX from T10, I know that this car has been also sent in FH5 but the one in FM doesn't have any special livery on? 🤔 ...just standard plain red

Just received 2017 Acura NSX from T10, I know that this car has been also sent in FH5 but the one in FM doesn't have any special livery on? 🤔 ...just standard plain red
Forza Horizon Deutschland: SPECIAL DESIGN - COMIC CON ( CCXP 2023 ) - BRAZIL
ACURA NSX

Available to download in your Messages.

Attachments

• Pintura especial - CCXP 2023.png
    Pintura especial - CCXP 2023.png
    347.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
So why has this week's car pass car (the AMG GT3) not been delivered yet? Anyone heard anything?

(edit: On Reddit a bunch of people have the same issue, but some have had their free AMG GT3 delivered properly. Weird bug)

Last edited:
Just popped onto the DLC list and looks like T10 have re-organized the car list somewhat?

Now shows the following have been updated 3 days ago

Code:
Forza Motorsport 2018 Mercedes-AMG GT3
Forza Motorsport Car #13
Forza Motorsport Car #9
Forza Motorsport Car #8
Forza Motorsport Car #19
Forza Motorsport Car #17
Forza Motorsport Car #14
Forza Motorsport Car #10
Forza Motorsport Car #12
Forza Motorsport Car #11
Forza Motorsport Car #16
Forza Motorsport Car #18
Forza Motorsport 2018 Peugeot #7 DG Sport Compétition 308
Forza Motorsport 2018 Chevrolet #23 Ruman Racing TA Corvette
Forza Motorsport 1985 Buick #6 Performance Motorsports Somerset Regal Trans-Am
Forza Motorsport 2021 Cadillac #31 Whelen Racing DPi-V.R
Forza Motorsport #63 Squadra Corse Huracán Super Trofeo Evo
Forza Motorsport 1983 Porsche #11 John Fitzpatrick Racing 956
Forza Motorsport Car #15

Some of these we already knew about last week, but some of them have changed, and I wonder if they are deliberately obscuring the names now only providing the car number so these aren't leaked in the future.
Any guesses as to some of these mystery cars?

I'm personally hoping the #17 is Scotty Mclaughlin's V8 Mustang, but unlikely as the existing Ford Falcon has a very similar livery.

Just popped onto the DLC list and looks like T10 have re-organized the car list somewhat?

Code:
Forza Motorsport Car #13
Forza Motorsport Car #9
Forza Motorsport Car #8
Forza Motorsport Car #19
Forza Motorsport Car #17
Forza Motorsport Car #14
Forza Motorsport Car #10
Forza Motorsport Car #12
Forza Motorsport Car #11
Forza Motorsport Car #16
Forza Motorsport Car #18
Forza Motorsport Car #15

Some of these we already knew about last week, but some of them have changed, and I wonder if they are deliberately obscuring the names now only providing the car number so these aren't leaked in the future.

I'm personally hoping the #17 is Scotty Mclaughlin's V8 Mustang, but unlikely as the existing Ford Falcon has a very similar livery.
Its most likely the same cars that was on the list before just not there anymore. So cars like the 488 GTE, the valkyrie, the Senna Gtr, Lexus RCF GT3, Lotus type 98T, etc... those would fill in those empty slots. I doubt those are any other cars. One thing to note is that theres 27 car slots listed, 12 with no car listed and 15 that have been added to the game already or coming in Dec. Which leaves 3 more to finish off the car pass and those could be anyones guess...

Last edited:
Its most likely the same cars that was on the list before just not there anymore. So cars like the 488 GTE, the valkyrie, the Senna Gtr, Lexus RCF GT3, Lotus type 98T, etc... those would fill in those empty slots. I doubt those are any other cars. One thing to note is that theres 27 car slots listed, 12 with no car listed and 15 that have been added to the game already or coming in Dec. Which leaves 3 more to finish off the car pass and those could be anyones guess...

I thought that initially, but there isn't much overlap between the car numbers that were previously in the list and the updated list. Unless of course the numbers listed on the list now don't mean anything and they are just an itemized list rather than the official number of the car on the livery.

Code:
Forza Motorsport Car #13
Forza Motorsport Car #9
Forza Motorsport Car #8
Forza Motorsport Car #19
Forza Motorsport Car #17
Forza Motorsport Car #14
Forza Motorsport Car #10
Forza Motorsport Car #12
Forza Motorsport Car #11
Forza Motorsport Car #16
Forza Motorsport Car #18
Forza Motorsport Car #15

The #17 could be Will Davisons gen 3 mustang and the #9 could be Will Browns gen 3 Camaro. We can dream anyway

Oh god I hope T10 didnt butcher the sound of this car but something tells me its going to sound exactly like a ferrari 599 or an enzo. Especially based on how they screwed up the Lambo Essenza SC V12 sound.

Last edited:
A mountain pass at Hakone will not make for a good racetrack, change my mind
It would be somewhat similar to the Nordschleife but with more elevation and less long straights. Won't see much rotation in serious multiplayer lobbies, but will hugely please parts of the community, especially people wanting to drift and those who like driving such roads (but aren't happy with Horizon physics).

I did plenty of AI races on the Japanese mountain tracks in FM3/FM4, and it worked just fine against the AI. No worries here.

No more than the 'Ring or the original Fujumi. Have done many club races on both and not one would I describe as a good race. Might be fun to drive certain cars on but as race tracks, not great.
The Ring is a great racetrack, trying to recreate that in a much more mountainous setting just will not work

Back