Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 13,644 comments
I haven't seen a way to share/download custom races... It's too bad because I think I nailed a good 3-lap Nordschleife race that gives you all the vibes of a Touristenfahrten... I call it the 24 min TT (Tourist Trap).
I think in a future update that is something T10 should really allow which is the ability to share custom freeplay races. I have quite a few good ones myself with the modern trans-am which I just recently tweaked and now it includes the upcoming mustang TA, several kinds of GT races, TCR, and some factory racer ones too. Been fun making them but even better when raced against the meh AI.

What we dont know is if its affecting the current game as they took a step to nip it before anyone has to a chance to analyze. Still, how significant of an advantage is it that they'd be willing to stiff arm a portion of their playerbase?

Yeah that's my point, until the latest update anyone running a 165hz display would be running at up to 82fps, it maybe that the difference between 60 and 82 isn't that much to cause a problem so it's not going to give any advantage, but who knows, I didn't play FH5 extensively competitively to hit similar issues

I haven't seen this posted.

Forza Motorsport Developer Shares ‘Exhausting’ Experience Making the Game
Microsoft’s long-reported insistence on contract hires took its toll on the racing sim’s development, one artist says.

Its hard for me to believe that a developer with access to such deep pockets would treat the people actually developing the game (can't call them employees really) so poorly. How big do the profit margins on games need to be for Microsoft? If it cost $1 to produce and made $1bn in revenue, I bet they would try to make it for $0.99 next time - its never cheap enough. Shareholder capitalism is killing us.

Yup, its really anoying. As a long time digital and real life photographer the photomode needs a huge overhaul like the one in FH5. Its soo basic and average and has too many stupid rendering bugs. There is also the anoying RT reflections bug that gets caused by the dof. Whenever you apply dof, the RT reflections on the car gets also blurred with the same intensity as the dof for the background even for the cars self reflections in the focused area. Also the SSR of the cars are getting blurred with the motion blur and shutter speed on puddles which should not be happining since it should be like a mirror. And the game applies a soft TAA in photomode when you render the photo which makes everything look super soft. And the bokeh is not as high quality as FH5 or GT7, the roll off is just not right.
I agree.It took a while but the photomode in FH5 is so much better now,maybe theres hope for FM.

I think in a future update that is something T10 should really allow which is the ability to share custom freeplay races. I have quite a few good ones myself with the modern trans-am which I just recently tweaked and now it includes the upcoming mustang TA, several kinds of GT races, TCR, and some factory racer ones too. Been fun making them but even better when raced against the meh AI.
I feel like they're already set up in the same way as all shareable UGC, since when you're loading or saving one they list the number of downloads... which is obviously always 0.

Man the AI on Nurburgring is just so bad. I'm on 8 difficulty and they are slow, and have a very hard time not just going off into a wall.

AI has always been slow on the Nurb in Forza but they're just clueless droids in this game!
True, they just can`t race the Ring. Even the boosted no.1 car goes off the track when he gets hunted. Boy how I miss good old Rossi and the guys

I haven't seen this posted.

Forza Motorsport Developer Shares ‘Exhausting’ Experience Making the Game
Microsoft’s long-reported insistence on contract hires took its toll on the racing sim’s development, one artist says.

Its hard for me to believe that a developer with access to such deep pockets would treat the people actually developing the game (can't call them employees really) so poorly. How big do the profit margins on games need to be for Microsoft? If it cost $1 to produce and made $1bn in revenue, I bet they would try to make it for $0.99 next time - its never cheap enough. Shareholder capitalism is killing us.
Adrian Campos's video has already been posted and discussed on this thread on Saturday.

@Milouse
The new Audi is 110,000 credits
Stats are posted in the comments section on K'
20240222_001920.jpg

20240222_001908.jpg

The only rumor I've seen mentioned is that the whole framerate debacle isn't more so about an outright gainable advantage, but more so that it will literally net you faster laps without an ounce of change. Something to do with the internal clock of the game maybe?
I saw a video on YouTube where someone was showing issues with the timing and frame rate in FH5. There have definitely been physics dependencies on frame rate in Forza games in the past, though for the most part it's a disadvantage to use higher frame rate. For example, some danger signs in FH4 trigger the end of the jump right at the start if you play above 60fps:

I've also seen cars have a top speed tens of kph lower when driven above 60fps compared to driving them at 60fps.

Having built the new FM from the ground up, you'd think they'd have engineered in decoupled physics and rendering as one of the very first things to get right in the new architecture.

For what it's worth, in terms of testing of the impact in rivals by just driving the same track lots of times at 60 and 120fps and looking at my times, I once did that in FH4 and was only something like 0.1-0.2 seconds faster in a 2+ minute sprint race, which is a time difference that could easily be due to being able to drive better when I can see everything better at 120fps.

I saw a video on YouTube where someone was showing issues with the timing and frame rate in FH5. There have definitely been physics dependencies on frame rate in Forza games in the past, though for the most part it's a disadvantage to use higher frame rate. For example, some danger signs in FH4 trigger the end of the jump right at the start if you play above 60fps:

I've also seen cars have a top speed tens of kph lower when driven above 60fps compared to driving them at 60fps.

Having built the new FM from the ground up, you'd think they'd have engineered in decoupled physics and rendering as one of the very first things to get right in the new architecture.

For what it's worth, in terms of testing of the impact in rivals by just driving the same track lots of times at 60 and 120fps and looking at my times, I once did that in FH4 and was only something like 0.1-0.2 seconds faster in a 2+ minute sprint race, which is a time difference that could easily be due to being able to drive better when I can see everything better at 120fps.

And very likely to them, an advantage is an advantage. Especially more so in a more competitive environment than FH apparently. There's a reason why people aim for the highest FPS possible that they can realistically achieve, especially with games like this, not only because it just feels great, but because it'll only be more advantageous to those with great reaction times. Unfortunately for us, they don't want to give that minimal edge out it seems and would rather just draw everyone back to the lowest common denominator.

Last edited:
And very likely to them, an advantage is an advantage. Especially more so in a more competitive environment than FH apparently. There's a reason why people aim for the highest FPS possible that they can realistically achieve, especially with games like this, not only because it just feels great, but because it'll only be more advantageous to those with great reaction times. Unfortunately for us, they don't want to give that minimal edge out it seems and would rather just draw everyone back to the lowest common denominator.
I'd argue that their goal is to avoid competitive players being "forced" to switch to PC to get the maximum competitive advantage, rather than remaining on Xbox should they so choose.

Remember that the vast majority of Forza players are on Xbox, and Microsoft doesn't want any reason why players "must" move to PC, obviously.

Last update broken this game on my PC again. Its impossible race more than one race, because a get a huge stutrering without restart my system. I play on R9 3900x and 3080, Ive tried change all my configs and nothing, My luck is have a Series X as backup

Last update broken this game on my PC again. Its impossible race more than one race, because a get a huge stutrering without restart my system. I play on R9 3900x and 3080, Ive tried change all my configs and nothing, My luck is have a Series X as backup
I was getting some stuttering in practice mode today for some reason (I think it might have been due to poor internet today and somehow practice mode loads AI liveries during racing or something?), but races were all silky smooth.

I was getting some stuttering in practice mode today for some reason (I think it might have been due to poor internet today and somehow practice mode loads AI liveries during racing or something?), but races were all silky smooth.
I think this is also what causes the jerky mess when you get the pre race overview of the start line.

unfortunately no, even on Rivals i get stuttering

Forza Motorsport Update 5.1 Release Notes – February 23, 2024​

We're working to improve your Forza Motorsport experience. This hotfix addresses a crash when creating multi-class Free Play races, permanently reintroduces Formula Mazda Spec Series, alleviates a PC framerate issue identified since the release of Update 5, and fixes an issue preventing players from importing liveries designed in legacy Forza games.

Version Number:

• Xbox Series X|S: 1.549.5382.0
  • PC (Microsoft Store): 1.549.5382.0
  • Steam: 1.549.5382.0
New Content, Features and Events

Featured Multiplayer

• You spoke, we listened. Thanks to your feedback, we’re bringing back the fan favorite Formula Mazda Spec Series as a permanent addition to the Featured Multiplayer event rotation. [1716602]
Bug Fixes and Improvements

Stability

• Fixed a crash scenario when entering a multi-class race in Free Play. [1539013]
  • Fixed various crash scenarios that occurred when creating, selecting, applying or deleting UGC content such as photos, tunes, liveries or vinyls. [1692859]
PC

• Fixed an issue that caused framerates to stutter and lock to values below 60fps in Featured Multiplayer if the display’s refresh rate did not evenly divide into 60fps, e.g. 100hz and 165hz monitors. [1719353]
Livery Editor

• Fixed an issue where several Forza titles were missing from the Design and Vinyl Import menu. Livery importing is supported for the following titles when playing Forza Motorsport on Xbox Series X|S consoles and PC via the Microsoft Store: Forza Horizon 5, Forza Horizon 4, Forza Horizon 3, Forza Horizon 2, Forza Motorsport 7, Forza Motorsport 6 and Forza Motorsport 5. Players on Steam can import liveries from the Steam versions of Forza Horizon 5 and Forza Horizon 4. [1719363]

I wonder if it fixes that sharing photos issue that caused the game to crash and boots back to the xbox home screen. Can anybody confirm?

I haven't tested it yet, but that's brilliant news if we can start importing FH5 vinyl groups again.

Formula Mazda as a permanent multiplayer lobby is excellent too, maybe we can get the MX-5 Cup back as a permanent addition too - perhaps even locking GT and Touring Cars behind certain driver levels?

Does anyone else get artifacts using RTAO?

There is glitchy sparkly stuff around the steering wheel in cockpit view with RTAO switched on, which disappears when you turn RTAO off. If you put RTAO to ultra it goes away a bit but then the framerate absolutely tanks.

Seems weird, SSAO doesn't do that in Forza Horizon 5.

With all these issues and glitches in terms of graphics, framerates, sounds, and just about everything on the surface of this game, im starting to think that this new hardware and technological technicalities with the Series S/X is hard for T10 to utilize and fully grasp. For some reason they are just smashing bugs only for other bugs to pop up or not being able to fully iron things out. I dont remember these kinds of issues with the original xbox, 360, or the One.

Back