Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 13,647 comments
What is your opinion on turbo charged cars? Did they get the turbo lag correct? I like using the 80’s 911t and don’t notice much of lag to a hit of power when appropriate. The 911t is supposed to be the Widow Maker and in the game the power comes on regularly IMO…. And yes a big part of WM is the rear engine configuration. 🤔where are the Motorcycles 😜

Last edited:
With all these issues and glitches in terms of graphics, framerates, sounds, and just about everything on the surface of this game, im starting to think that this new hardware and technological technicalities with the Series S/X is hard for T10 to utilize and fully grasp. For some reason they are just smashing bugs only for other bugs to pop up or not being able to fully iron things out. I dont remember these kinds of issues with the original xbox, 360, or the One.
I wish we had a seperate thread for pc-players graphic issues. Feel for them but as a xbox-player I`ve had wery few problems with the game.

With all these issues and glitches in terms of graphics, framerates, sounds, and just about everything on the surface of this game, im starting to think that this new hardware and technological technicalities with the Series S/X is hard for T10 to utilize and fully grasp. For some reason they are just smashing bugs only for other bugs to pop up or not being able to fully iron things out. I dont remember these kinds of issues with the original xbox, 360, or the One.
This game was just released way before it was ready to be.

I've seen an improvement in framerates with the 5.1 hotfix. At first I was happy to be able to go back to unlocked framerates instead of running locked at 60fps just to avoid stuttering. I was impressed to see the fps counter going as high as 148fps on some parts of Daytona. They came through on better performance for lower spec PC configurations.

Last edited:
I've seen an improvement in framerates with the 5.1 hotfix. At first I was happy to be able to go back to unlocked framerates instead of running locked at 60fps just to avoid stuttering. I was impressed to see the fps counter going as high as 148fps on some parts of Daytona. They came through on better performance for lower spec PC configurations.
The 5.0 patch had given me noticeably higher and more stable frame rates during races. I am now looking forward to further improvements in 5.1 :D

Edit: Well 5.1 on the PC gave identical benchmark fps to 5.0. Didn't encounter any stutter while playing, though. However the biggest change is that for the first time ever I was able to fit a downloaded design on a car and it didn't immediately halve my frame rates. I could race fine after changing the car design without needing to restart the game.

So that's a big win.

Last edited:
From what I can see, it's not the Xbox they're struggling to grasp, but pc.

I wonder if it fixes that sharing photos issue that caused the game to crash and boots back to the xbox home screen. Can anybody confirm?
Answer is - no!

When you want to share your screenshot, there is screen with corrupted pics and then you are kicked to main menu...

They wrote that they fixed this, but problem persist.

This game was just released way before it was ready to be.
There are games released as early access that are in a better state than MS releases these days (Mechabellum and The Last Flame are two early access games I've played that were pretty impressive even on the first day of early access). Age of Empires 4 was released way before it was ready, and now the same with FM.
From what I can see, it's not the Xbox they're struggling to grasp, but pc.
I think the game has been written first for Xbox then ported to PC rather than having been written from the ground up to work optimally on both. I just can't explain the frame rate settings any other way.

I ran the Audi part of the Ringers Tour today and in the very first race at Lime Rock, on the opening lap of practice, as I came under the bridge and down the hill to the front straight there was a set of four tires sitting in the middle of the line of the corner. It's like a car was sitting there but not a complete car, just the four tires. I just ran right through them and nothing happened but it was very bizarre to see that.

I tried a couple of GT races today where I turned traction control and ABS on like a real GT car has and that made the races more enjoyable. I also experimented with trying my own BOP and limited the AI cars to about a max of 15 points above whatever it was that I was driving. I'm going to play around with that a little to see where the sweet spot is as I have a feeling it might vary a little track to track.

In the menus there is always that fuzzy Cadillac LMDh in the background but today I saw this.

Orange Cadillac.png

Cadillac by McLaren?

Answer is - no!

When you want to share your screenshot, there is screen with corrupted pics and then you are kicked to main menu...

They wrote that they fixed this, but problem persist.
I found this out the hard way just last night. I was nearly done with a 12 lap race barely hanging onto 1st place in a custom GT race and decided to take a great picture of me running side by side with an AI car and stupid me decided to try and at least save the picture. Low and behold I was kicked back to the home screen, lost my race progress smh.

I found this out the hard way just last night. I was nearly done with a 12 lap race barely hanging onto 1st place in a custom GT race and decided to take a great picture of me running side by side with an AI car and stupid me decided to try and at least save the picture. Low and behold I was kicked back to the home screen, lost my race progress smh.
How do you take a picture while you're in a race?

I'm hoping to see the downgrades for the 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS (Porsche 911 E [901]/Porsche 912 R) and 911 GT (Porsche 911 Turbo/Carrera S [993]) in future Forzas. I get that they had to cut these body modifications since the cars' models were remade for the XBOX One era, but hopefully, these unique cars will come.

Screenshot (271).png

Screenshot (272).png

Screenshot (274).png

Screenshot (275).png

Screenshot (276).png

Screenshot (273).png

Last edited:
I'm hoping to see the downgrades for the 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS (Porsche 911 E [901]/Porsche 912 R) and 911 GT (Porsche 911 Turbo/Carrera S [993]) in future Forzas. I get that they had to cut these body modifications since the cars' models were remade for the XBOX One era, but hopefully, these unique cars will come.
The Carrera S decklid for the 993 isn't possible anymore, it was only there in FM4 because the car's engine wasn't modelled.
1708948434547.jpeg

It's such a shame that replay's weren't working for so long, and still are not working properly. I've saved a few replays since the update came out.

1. Got completely blindsided by a Civic TC car on Daytona, spun me out and I had no idea what happened, check the replay, they got squeezed on a corner and decided to completely line me up through the grass, thanks mate, I had nothing to do with your troubles.

2. Had a great race on Mugello, was following a pack of 4 car that I couldn't quite get in tow distance, but it was a great battle between the cars, clean and hard driving for a number of laps, I wasn't part of the fighting but it looked like a great time.

3. Had a short race in TC cars on Hakone, on the 2nd lap I got turned around in the first corner, and I initially felt a bit of rage at the guy that turned me, I never caught back up to him, and later realized he DNF. So I check the replay, and realized I closed the door on him through the corner, he tried to avoid me and ended up bumping my rear which started turning me around, but I was pleased to see they actually tried to correct my course rather than drive right through me.

Mercedes 500E in FH5, god that beast better come to FM asap!

Also hell yea

26-1708450784-2128473958.png

26-1708450784-389788647.png

Agreed! I love the older performance models, of every day cars, from the 80's an 90's!

Those tire logos makes the cars look a lot better and more realistic.

@TokoTurismo If there are other classic performance sedans in FM '23, like the Lotus Carlton for example, I don't see why the Mercedes 500E couldn't be added.

I don't think it will, because some folks said FM "shouldn't be about car collecting anymore." Thus the, IMO, stale list of cars we currently have now.
I don't see how that follows from it not being about car collecting. It not being about car collecting would just mean all cars being available to all players. They make money from selling copies of the game, more cars makes it more likely people will buy it.

Yep, we were running in the X Class Open Events this week as part of PJ’s Casual Racing Monday and the AMR Pro is just absurd with the right tune under it, like capable of running sub 1 minute laps at Maple Valley Full absurd, even with a controller and while taking the uphill right ‘Elevator’ turn flat out as well. :eek:

Heck at Eaglerock Oval and I learnt this tonight, it's capable of going fast enough to trip the anti-cheat system for Rivals. :odd:

Basically anytime under 18 seconds trips it and doesn’t count the time, so that’s why you’ll see many 00.18.000 times at the top of the board when the car is capable of 16 second laps around there.

I don't see how that follows from it not being about car collecting. It not being about car collecting would just mean all cars being available to all players. They make money from selling copies of the game, more cars makes it more likely people will buy it.
True, and I totally get that. But that's not what I mean. It's the vibe of collecting cars I had in previous games. It's complicated to explain from my point of view, as it may sound arrogant to some. I know FM23 doesn't need such a vibe, and T10 can continue to add cars into the game as they please. I've recently just grown bitter about the game's structure.

Last edited:
True, and I totally get that. But that's not what I mean. It's the vibe of collecting cars I had in previous games. It's complicated to explain from my point of view, as it may sound arrogant to some. I know FM23 doesn't need such a vibe, and T10 can continue to add cars into the game as they please. I've recently just grown bitter about the game's structure.
I don't know about vibe, but FM23 is still a car collecting game if you look at how much play time it will take to earn enough credits to buy every car. If you add the time to earn the credits that will be needed to buy the car points to be able to apply any tune to those cars, or the time to level them up to level 50, it's still a completely different category of game to ACC, for example - very definitely a car collecting game rather than a serious e-sports game (for me, at least, one defining feature of a serious e-sports game is that all players have equal access to all functional items).

My personal view is that all this stuff should only be in the FH series, that should be their car collecting, carpg, whatever game, and FM should be an e-sports title. Otherwise FM just becomes the same game as FH but with real world race tracks instead of an original environment, and that is frankly just a pointless game concept.

My personal view is that all this stuff should only be in the FH series, that should be their car collecting, carpg, whatever game, and FM should be an e-sports title. Otherwise FM just becomes the same game as FH but with real world race tracks instead of an original environment, and that is frankly just a pointless game concept.
That’s the stuff of nightmares for me; I like playing online but I absolutely have no interest in e-sport only title. And what you described as a pointless game concept is basically what made the success of GT then Forza Motorsport until 4. I know gaming environment has changed but a concept of a carpg game on racetrack is still relevant imho.

I don't know about vibe, but FM23 is still a car collecting game if you look at how much play time it will take to earn enough credits to buy every car. If you add the time to earn the credits that will be needed to buy the car points to be able to apply any tune to those cars, or the time to level them up to level 50, it's still a completely different category of game to ACC, for example - very definitely a car collecting game rather than a serious e-sports game (for me, at least, one defining feature of a serious e-sports game is that all players have equal access to all functional items).

I wouldn't really call it a pointless concept, since that very concept is what got GT to become a famous franchise, sparking inspiration to titles like Sega GT and Enthusia. It's what also inspired T10 to create Forza Motorsport. It's odd to me that everyone says Forza needs to be an esport title, yet FM4 is still held up as the best and most beloved title in the series. I'm not against having competive online racing, but truth be told, I am not a fan of an only esport title.

Back