Forza vs GT6 Trailer Comparison

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 215 comments
Why do people do this situational irony, you just wasted time telling us how they are wasting time :lol:

Well now, that was indeed, the general idea! Job done! :D

What I've been wondering is why include headlight toggle if there is no night racing.

Because it's simply cool to be able to play around with the headlights. Seeing them pop up during replays, or flashing dem' just for fun. I can't think of any more reasons at the moment, it's just plain FUN! :dopey:

For some reason I thought of Larry the Cable Guy when I read this.

This is what I had in mind...
cartmanDrivingWEB.jpg

Graphics:
-FM5 - Overhauled with new engine and console
-GT6 - Tweaked; maximizes use of console
At the first glance, it might be that there would be better graphics in FM5, but what is, when these graphics are just wrong? If you look to the shadows, you can see a diffuse shadow under the car and for the wheels, which is not connected to the postion of the sun and a big car shadow, which is turning around the car in acc. to the position of the sun. This looks like, that there are two suns. One sun for the big and right car shadow turning in acc. to the position of the sun and the second sun, which is fixed 20m/60ft over the car. This big false is an absolutely NoGo and makes the nextGen advantage with the XBoxOne ad absurdum for me. I have made a presentation, to show what's wrong with the shadows. The red encircled shadows are the wrong shadows for the fixed sun over the car. The green lines are showing where the shadows have to be.
Falscher-Schatten.jpg

Last edited:
Funky permanent shadows are a T10 trademark.

Consider the blob that stayed right under your wheels in Forza 3 even when, for example, you make those two big jumps at Amalfi.

Or the shadow pants that permanently hide all the detail on the rear of certain race cars regardless of the position of the sun.

Until T10 implements dynamic TOD, those are going to stay.

And then there are the PD standard cars with those highly detailed interiors.:crazy:
@kake, I sure hope they put dynamic TOD higher on the priority list real soon, I like that dimension in GT.

At the first glance, it might be that there would be better graphics in FM5, but what is, when these graphics are just wrong? If you look to the shadows, you can see a diffuse shadow under the car and for the wheels, which is not connected to the postion of the sun and a big car shadow, which is turning around the car in acc. to the position of the sun. This looks like, that there are two suns. One sun for the big and right car shadow turning in acc. to the position of the sun and the second sun, which is fixed 20m/60ft over the car. This big false is an absolutely NoGo and makes the nextGen advantage with the XBoxOne ad absurdum for me. I have made a presentation, to show what's wrong with the shadows. The red encircled shadows are the wrong shadows for the fixed sun over the car. The green lines are showing where the shadows have to be.
View attachment 82241

I'm glad I never notice these sort of things.

Both trailers are good showcases of their respective games. However I do feel the Forza one seems a little 'corporate' with all the 'this is only achievable on Xbox One etc'. By comparison the GT6 trailer seems a lot more passionate and brighter, and as a result I find it to be more appealing. Having said that Forza 5's graphics look stunning.

You're blowing a small issue way out of proportion, and to a point that really just makes it seem like you just want something to poke at the game about. Really, if an unusual permanent shadow(That's really not all that obtrusive anyway) is the only thing you seem to be faulting this game for I'd say it's doing pretty well.

When I look at GT6, I see like GT5.5 with better lighting/colors in game and added tracks ='s more realistic replay videos. When I look at Forza 5 like every other Forza. It seems like they just keep working on car detail. Forza 3 and Forza 4(3.5) only had small lighting adjustment(like brightness, which mad some tracks look horrible). Cars look goodd, but look more at the tracks! The colors on Forza 5 videos are ex: green grass too green. This video looks alot like the Codemasters F1 game.

This picky shadow comparison is just funny. GT6 isn't in the same league as FM5 and it shouldn't be given the huge difference in console power. Especially given the approach T10 took by starting from scratch completely on the new system which I applaud....

This picky shadow comparison is just funny. GT6 isn't in the same league as FM5 and it shouldn't be given the huge difference in console power. Especially given the approach T10 took by starting from scratch completely on the new system which I applaud....

Starting from scratch was definitely the right decision, but it also made the game a damn lot less attractive. There are no more excuses to make, next gen power exposes the cracks and flaws of an unfinished product. Clearly they cut corners and FM5 suffers because of it. (eg: pathetic GT car selection)

Starting from scratch was definitely the right decision, but it also made the game a damn lot less attractive. There are no more excuses to make, next gen power exposes the cracks and flaws of an unfinished product. Clearly they cut corners and FM5 suffers because of it. (eg: pathetic GT car selection)

They cut corners because a shadow is off? It looks phenomenal. I'm sure the physics will be amazing because they were already way beyond GT5 with FM4. The only thing to point out is the lower car and track count but that's totally understandable and actually just fine by me because it means we get a much better product with plenty DLC on the way rather than car models that go back to PS2.

rather than car models that go back to PS2.
Except that we'd have models that only went as far back as the 360, which when it comes to poly count and overall detail wasn't exactly terrible to look at.

I prefer T10's decision, but the difference in quality wouldn't have been nearly as glaring as that between GT5's premium and standard models.

You're blowing a small issue way out of proportion, and to a point that really just makes it seem like you just want something to poke at the game about. Really, if an unusual permanent shadow(That's really not all that obtrusive anyway) is the only thing you seem to be faulting this game for I'd say it's doing pretty well.

It looks photoshopped. I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shadows in my time

In the GT6 trailer I see old cars. Many of them 20+ years old, executing boring corners in a very boring fashion. In the Forza trailer I see the P1, one of the newest and most exciting cars in the world. The newest car in the GT6 trailer is a 4 door electric car by Tesla.

Polyphony Digital just doesnt get it. Forza does

And of course Forza looks many many times better, as expected.
So did you not see the delta wing, the Audi R8 LMS ultra, the new corvette sting ray or The KTM X-Bow? These are all the same year or newer than the 2012 Tesla you see and even more than that alot of the cars in that clip are new to Gran Turismo eg. the gt3 cars not including the gtr which we do now have another livery of that car, delta wing, the light car company rocket, the Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale.

In the Forza all I see is a group of super cars going round what looks like a single track, but I could be wrong and then you see a car getting destroyed. Woopie!your crash simulator engine is more advance so you can see your car get torn to piece.

Forza was also put on the new gen which will decrease its sales because not everyone has the money to buy a new console and if they drive with a wheel they will have to buy a new one of those also!:lol: Atleast with GT6 fans don't have to by a new console and/or wheel. We can just buy the new game and use the same console and wheels. :P

Last edited:
Forza was also put on the new gen which will decrease its sales because not everyone has the money to buy a new console and if they drive with a wheel they will have to buy a new one of those also!:lol: Atleast with GT6 fans don't have to by a new console and/or wheel. We can just buy the new game and use the same console and wheels. :P
Since your making out that buying a new console is some sort of negative towards T10, then going by that same logic you are going to look down on, and probably not buy GT7, correct? Or is that something your only going to hold against Forza?

Back