Forza vs GT6 Trailer Comparison

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 215 comments
Since your making out that buying a new console is some sort of negative towards T10, then going by that same logic you are going to look down on, and probably not buy GT7, correct? Or is that something your only going to hold against Forza?
Definitely against Forza, judging by his "Pro GT" post.

Forza was also put on the new gen which will decrease its sales because not everyone has the money to buy a new console and if they drive with a wheel they will have to buy a new one of those also!:lol: Atleast with GT6 fans don't have to by a new console and/or wheel. We can just buy the new game and use the same console and wheels. :P

If you're going to assume the person doesn't own a Xbox One in such a situation why can't we do the same with the PS3?

You would still have to buy a PS3 to play GT6 and a wheel, of course it would still be cheaper but it would also be a last-gen system in comparison to a current generation console.

I think the notion that Forza 5 isn't selling well (compared to GT6 and wheel support) just because it doesn't have enough wheel support, is plain wierd and devoid of sound logic, to say the least.

FM5 continues to sell by the numbers and I really don't care to post numbers here. More wheel support is on the way. And with Horizon 2 coming out, FM5 is set to sell even more copies.

Only a matter of time.

The game left some disappointed when it came out, but track and car DLC is really filling in the gaps nicely.

So Greenawalt has already been given an opportunity to hem and haw about weather/time-of-day in Forza Motorsport 6. I won't expect it, then.

So Greenawalt has already been given an opportunity to hem and haw about weather/time-of-day in Forza Motorsport 6. I won't expect it, then.
Its always good to let yourself down early, and not expect to much haha.

To be honest, it is a bit early to get any information about Fm6, wouldnt you say? We usually dont even get any information until the months leading up to the release.

I'm sure they wouldnt want to say they already have a weather model being worked on, as I'd think people would moan and groan about not implementing it into FM5.

I didn't intend to come across as quite so judgmental of a distant release; it's just a predictable response from him on that question. :lol:

GT does have many exciting cars especially the freshly designed concept cars by car manufacturers such as examples below.
1. BMW
2. Nissan

plus many more

GT also has a lot more tracks and the tracks have variable weather. The physics in GT is constantly improving and possibly better than Forza.

In the GT6 trailer I see old cars. Many of them 20+ years old, executing boring corners in a very boring fashion. In the Forza trailer I see the P1, one of the newest and most exciting cars in the world. The newest car in the GT6 trailer is a 4 door electric car by Tesla.

Polyphony Digital just doesnt get it. Forza does

And of course Forza looks many many times better, as expected.

GT has tons of cars including new ones and constantly adding more: Corvette stingray 14, BMW M4 , Lexus ISF CCS-R, Bugatti etc they have a lot more cars than Forza both old and new.

Also, concept cars are stepping stone for future new cars. Many high performance cars are built based on concept.

Also, have you been to any car show and see concept car in real life?

Hi @FSportIS, I really would like to buy a PS4 and compare the next Gran Turismo to Forza 5 which I've been playing and enjoying for the last eight and a half months.

Can you tell me when GT7 is coming out? Because until it does I think that we're trying to hit a moving target as far as comparisons between the two franchises are concerned.

Don't get me wrong. I like both games. They both have pros and cons. Forza has good graphics and sound and GT6 has more cars, tracks, variable weather and good physics.

I'm not taking side on either one but just point out something that seems fair.

It is good to see competition because that motivates both companies to improve and at the end, we, consumers, win :D

Last edited:
From Go-Karting, PC Sims, and Autocross I can tell you there is a massive difference between GT and Forza physics. GT Physics have something missing from the tire model. All tires feel the same, the only difference being the grip levels. In Forza you can feel the difference. Slicks are less forgiving, streets are more progressive in their loss of grip. I don't know what the real world experience is called but on street tires at the limits you can feel this sensation or shift that happens. Perhaps it is sidewall flex? You can feel it on street tires in both Forza and Assetto Corsa.

GT does have many exciting cars especially the freshly designed concept cars by car manufacturers such as examples below.
1. BMW
2. Nissan

plus many more

GT also has a lot more tracks and the tracks have variable weather. The physics in GT is constantly improving and possibly better than Forza.

Pardon? What was that? GT's physics better than Forza? Umm... surely you must be humoring us right?

I don't mean to be rude here... but have you played PC sims? Have you played FM2 to 5? More importantly, have you pushed a high powered car over the edge IRL?

From Go-Karting, PC Sims, and Autocross I can tell you there is a massive difference between GT and Forza physics. GT Physics have something missing from the tire model. All tires feel the same, the only difference being the grip levels. In Forza you can feel the difference. Slicks are less forgiving, streets are more progressive in their loss of grip. I don't know what the real world experience is called but on street tires at the limits you can feel this sensation or shift that happens. Perhaps it is sidewall flex? You can feel it on street tires in both Forza and Assetto Corsa.

Precisely. FM has greatly bridged the gap between itself and PC physics. Motorsport 5 is a testament to that.

Oh that is very nice to see some who also do go-karting and autocross outside. I have done a lot of karting too and I like K1Speed with their indoor electric car the best because those karts have so much torque and go up to 40MPH instantly. I also autocross a lot with Porsche club on a monthly basis. I sometimes go to the Willows Spring track which is also added in GT6 game. Wow, it would be fun if members on here meet outside to actually do some driving lol.

Regarding the feel, both games can not actually simulate the real feel of sitting inside a real car driving at the limit either with autocross or at track. Your whole body can feel the G-force when cornering, your ear can hear the tires giving out different noise that can give you some warning before you run out of traction and spin out, your hands and fingers can feel the vibration and force feedback from the steering wheel, your eyes are constantly watching the road ahead in a 3D settings and not looking at just the monitor in front. These accurate, real sense feeling can only be felt through a real car driving at the limit.

However, I will say both games physics is quite good enough. Playing well in both games can lead the players learn a lot of high performance fundamentals such as racing line, braking, cornering, acceleration etc
I mentioned GT has good physics doesn't mean Forza has bad physics nor does it mean GT has better physics. I play GT more than Forza and I like GT physics. I said GT has good physics because players who are good at it (GT academy members) have actually transform from virtual drivers to professional real racers and even won races. Their fundamental beginning ground is the game GT and if GT has bad physics, they would not transition so quickly or even compete in professional level.

Again, to make it clear, I'm not anti-Forza person nor anti-GT. Both have their goods and bads. I actually like both. :)

Take it easy guys, peace :)

Last edited:
GT has tons of cars including new ones and constantly adding more: Corvette stingray 14, BMW M4 , Lexus ISF CCS-R, Bugatti etc they have a lot more cars than Forza both old and new.

Also, concept cars are stepping stone for future new cars. Many high performance cars are built based on concept.

Also, have you been to any car show and see concept car in real life?

I know what GT has, I played it since day one on the PSX. I didn't get to Forza till the end of 2012. There are reason I don't want Forza to be GT, car count is great the diversity is not.

Yes, I'm 36 and been every year since I was 8 to the Houston Auto show and countless custom car shows. Over 90% of the concepts I've seen have never seen the street near concept form. I have a slight idea how the development works.

However, I will say both games physics is quite good enough. Playing well in both games can lead the players learn a lot of high performance fundamentals such as racing line, braking, cornering, acceleration etc
I mentioned GT has good physics doesn't mean Forza has bad physics nor does it mean GT has better physics. I play GT more than Forza and I like GT physics. I said GT has good physics because players who are good at it (GT academy members) have actually transform from virtual drivers to professional real racers and even won races. Their fundamental beginning ground is the game GT and if GT has bad physics, they would not transition so quickly or even compete in professional level.

Again, to make it clear, I'm not pro or anti to either games. Both have their goods and bads. I like both. :)

Take it easy guys, peace :)

GT academy is a marketing gimmick. Their fundamental beginning ground is the training the receive AFTER they get selected. Unless you did the same thing with Grid or other simcade games, your comments are totally unfounded. There's no proof good physics are required to make GT academy successful (especially after pointing out all the flaws in GT.)

Cool. I have just recently got into playing these games (Forza, GT etc). I mostly do karting and autocross outside with my Lexus IS350 until I went to car show and saw the GT simulation machine. That is when I started buying these games to play and I like them both.

I know what GT has, I played it since day one on the PSX. I didn't get to Forza till the end of 2012. There are reason I don't want Forza to be GT, car count is great the diversity is not.

Yes, I'm 36 and been every year since I was 8 to the Houston Auto show and countless custom car shows. Over 90% of the concepts I've seen have never seen the street near concept form. I have a slight idea how the development works.

There is some merit in your saying. I don't disagree with you. I'm just curious of how do you know they receive training (car racing) after they get selected. From what I saw in the series, they have to prove themselves being fast in a real car before they are even selected. They have raced with the Nissan cars in a real track, do rally time trial, drift etc before being selected.

GT academy is a marketing gimmick. Their fundamental beginning ground is the training the receive AFTER they get selected. Unless you did the same thing with Grid or other simcade games, your comments are totally unfounded. There's no proof good physics are required to make GT academy successful (especially after pointing out all the flaws in GT.)

There is some merit in your saying. I don't disagree with you. I'm just curious of how do you know they receive training (car racing) after they get selected. From what I saw in the series, they have to prove themselves being fast in a real car before they are even selected. They have raced with the Nissan cars in a real track, do rally time trial, drift etc before being selected.
http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/academy/2014/faq/

"The winner has to be prepared to make a major commitment to becoming a real racing driver. From the end of the Race Camp, the winner will be based in the UK for approximately three months in order to undertake an intensive race training programme. The winner will be housed close to Silverstone Circuit and will be racing in UK national and club level races most weekends.
The overall winners of GT Academy will be put through an intensive Driver Development Program, in order to qualify for the main prize – a chance to race professionally with Nissan in Dubai and potentially beyond, dependent on the winner’s own abilities and commitment to the program"

You didn't really think someone became a professional race car driver from a game did you? They can probably teach fundamentals. But the rest is practice and training.

Thanks for the link. Yeah I guess what I saw on Youtube is their competition in UK at Silverstone Circuit in which 16 top drivers compete for that 1 spot to become a pro driver. In the TV show, they did a lot of things such as racing, rally car control, drifting etc

So it seems there are 2 training right? One is the 3 months race training in UK on Silverstone Circuit and then the winner will go through the Driver Development Program. I wonder though, do you know if they finish the 3 months race training prior to the filming (youtube link above) or during the 3 months training?

I still have to give props to these guys who make it. They are quite good.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/academy/2014/faq/

"The winner has to be prepared to make a major commitment to becoming a real racing driver. From the end of the Race Camp, the winner will be based in the UK for approximately three months in order to undertake an intensive race training programme. The winner will be housed close to Silverstone Circuit and will be racing in UK national and club level races most weekends.
The overall winners of GT Academy will be put through an intensive Driver Development Program, in order to qualify for the main prize – a chance to race professionally with Nissan in Dubai and potentially beyond, dependent on the winner’s own abilities and commitment to the program"

You didn't really think someone became a professional race car driver from a game did you?

Thanks for the link. Yeah I guess what I saw on Youtube is their competition in UK at Silverstone Circuit in which 16 top drivers compete for that 1 spot to become a pro driver. In the TV show, they did a lot of things such as racing, rally car control, drifting etc

So it seems there are 2 training right? One is the 3 months race training in UK on Silverstone Circuit and then the winner will go through the Driver Development Program. I wonder though, do you know if they finish the 3 months race training prior to the filming (youtube link above) or during the 3 months training?

Not quite as good as ME and my trusty X360 controller.. hogging FM4! :mischievous:

Sounds like a blast. I don't know much about the process other then its very involved and takes dedication. They are definitely more skilled then I.

Thx for the video.

Last edited:
Back