Forza

CAMAROBOY69
I can see myslelf putting a LOT of hours into this game. It just seems to have sooo much more replay value than GT4. Instead of having to post your times and game saves on this site for races. You just turn your x-box on and it tells you who has the best time. Then you can save their vehicle settings and their ghost. I am just sooo impressed. You can also race your entire career mode online against other real life players. That is just sick!!! There is enough to keep you busy and competitive against REAL life people in Forza to last basically forever. Now THAT is replay value.
Nice to hear you're very excited about it. Just imagine we can invent Camaro-only races(with the sickest liveries etc) or anything else. whatever. Oh and to 194GVan you CAN spin a car from standstill. Just floor it with all the systems off and there you go in a nice cloud of smoke drawing black circles on the track.

Raf Laureys
Nice to hear you're very excited about it. Just imagine we can invent Camaro-only races(with the sickest liveries etc) or anything else. whatever. Oh and to 194GVan you CAN spin a car from standstill. Just floor it with all the systems off and there you go in a nice cloud of smoke drawing black circles on the track.
That is a great point!!!! I was so busy and consumed with the autocross races yesterday that I completely forgot that my 69 Camaro RS is in the game!!! Also the 68 Mustang fastback. I completely forgot. 👍 👍 :dopey:
194GVan,
Yeah you can easily spin and smoke the tires in this game. Very realistic and leaves black marks. I was going to get videos of this but I figured there were some already out there.

I picked up forza yesterday, after seeing the ad on tv I could'nt resist. Both GT4 and Forza are very good games, But you have to think of how many games have tryed to compete with the gt series, and failed, lol. I think forza has done good, but I dont think it's the "GT killer"....but, It has very good potential.

Well I finally started getting more money in the game, so I thought I would build and tune an R32. Well I think I've made it just to the point of excess. Almost 600 hp, 0-60 in just over 3 seconds. I was racing some guys on line with some pretty powerful cars and my little R32 stomped em.

I just got back from Blockbuster and I rented Forza, I must say this game greatly exceeds my expectations. I love how there's actually damage, and skid marks...

The interface is sort of confusing to use at first, but the game is new, so people will get used to it. The game does lag a bit online, but I haven't seen cars jump/leap ahead yet. All in all, it is really fun to play online.

Edit: I also forgot to mention!! The leaderboards is sooo cool. It shows who has done the fastest time on a certain track, within certain car class restraints. You can compete with people on your friends lists on the leaderboard to see who has the fastest time on Tsukuba or whichever track you like!

nerv2112
Bottom line.. Is this game alone worth buying a xbox for?

(I bought my ps2 just so I could play GT3, FFx, and Kingdom Hearts)

YES! But I guarantee you will buy more games once you buy the X-box.

Keep in mind there are a LOT of other great games for the x-box and most games always have donwload content that becomes available. If you play games online on your ps2 you will never go back once you start playing on x-box. 👍
I have been a PS2 fanboy since it came out but I finally started playing x-box and I havent played PS2 online since my girlfriend got my x-box came out. I hardly even play PS2 at all. Anyone out there that hasnt got an x-box yet realy doesnt know what they are missing.

yea, just get the xbox, having 2 or 3 systems is just worth it in the end cause you can get any game you want, regardless of what system its on. I bought my ps2 just to get ps2 exclusive games like the TXR series, GT series, GTA San Andreas, Killzone, etc...

I'm impatiently waiting for its release in the UK. I am looking forward to it, even though I have always prefered GT games to almost any other racing game.

It'd be great if you can essentially build race cars in Forza. Looking forward to getting a few TVR's looking like their GT racing siblings!

It does strike me that Forza has blended two gaming genres; the race/driving sim (like GT4) and the custom car game (like NFS:U). Maybe it is the car customization side that is most popular with gamers? I won't know until I get it! But it sounds like a lot of fun! 👍

To put it into perspective.. My girlfriend and I love our x-box soo much that we are considering buying another one so when we play online we can have our own TV screens instead of splitscreen on one tv. We already have 2 PS2 but never even play them online any more. Anything that is online gets bought for the x-box now. Soo sometime within the next year or so I will have another x-box for my girlfriend.
If you get the x-box I highly recommend Midnight Club 3.

wait for the gen2 xbox.. it will weigh less. LOL
console.jpg

ooommgg, i was playing online career races last night. We were doing endurance races with pot sizes of 150,000 cr!!! Thats not including difficulty and damage bonus! We did 25 laps of Tsukuba, 5 laps of Nurburgering and some other tracks. It was really fun. The pit strategies is more nerve wracking on Forza. People were running out of gas, stalled, and couldn't finish the race. GT4 is history for me.

ooommgg, i was playing online career races last night. We were doing endurance races with pot sizes of 150,000 cr!!! Thats not including difficulty and damage bonus! We did 25 laps of Tsukuba, 5 laps of Nurburgering and some other tracks. It was really fun. The pit strategies is more nerve wracking on Forza. People were running out of gas, stalled, and couldn't finish the race.

That sounds pretty damn cool actually.

ya no **** Ernster, I was playing on nurb with my pal last night and he wrecked and lost his steering and pulled into the middle of the track and i smashed into him... sucked cause my car wouldnt drive straight,, still really fun.. never played a racing game this cool in my life.
thanks god for the pits!

I just went and picked up my copy of Forza today, I have to go to work before I can play it though grrr. It at least sounds like a pretty damn good game so it'll be worth the wait.

Better than GT4? I'll find out soon.

Wow. Truly a brilliant game, I've just played arcade at the moment but I still think that this game blows every other Xbox racing game I've ever played out of the water. I have yet to start career mode yet so I'm expecting that it can only get better and better.

I will be able to borrow my friend's xbox so I'll probably rent Forza.. maybe Enthusia and try them but I'm not holding my breath. :sly::dopey:

i own forza.. but as i said, i need my xbox back to play it. lol .... so the game waits on my desk.

suzq044
i own forza.. but as i said, i need my xbox back to play it. lol .... so the game waits on my desk.

I have my XBox sitting waiting patiently for Forza but when I went to pick up the game the EB games store that I had preordered (paid in full too) it from was closed for renovation! Now I have to wait until they reopen, how much does that suck?

Revheadnz
Wow. Truly a brilliant game, I've just played arcade at the moment but I still think that this game blows every other Xbox racing game I've ever played out of the water. I have yet to start career mode yet so I'm expecting that it can only get better and better.
Oh; yes it does. 👍

RexKwonDo
Anyone try to train their drivatar to Drift? Is it even possible.

wow, now theres an idea. i imagine if you did want to do that, you could only be drifting when youre training him.

I have both GT4 & Forza, and they are fantastic. The graphics in Froza are bigger, brighter & more colorful than GT4. The sensation of speed in GT4 is better however.

VXSSII
I have both GT4 & Forza, and they are fantastic. The graphics in Froza are bigger, brighter & more colorful than GT4. The sensation of speed in GT4 is better however.
Ill agree, GT4 has more photo realistic colors, but its very grainy looking and unpolished.
Forza looks less real but with a great polish. Cant complain.

60fps>30fps

IMO, comparing 60fps to 30fps is like comparing video to film. One runs at 29.9fps while the other runs at 24fps. Both look good but 60fps looks more real while 30fps looks more cinematic. Neither are bad, its up to what the gamer prefers.

Back