Forza3 Definitive Trailer: AKA Why we are better than GT5 w Pro Racer Testimonials.

• Thread starter blademask
  • 2,433 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
commedieu
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Forza-Motorsport-3-Definitive-Racing-Trailers-18536.htmlembed_code_lightbox/index/39/single/62629/ci015/10/410/306/1/false/source/http:www.cinemablend.comgamesForza-Motorsport-3-Definitive-Racing-Trailers-18536.html

Hate to say it, but Polyphony is getting murdered here. F3 doesn't quite have the graphics to touch GT. But they have probably nailed the physics by now.. I mean, its not that hard to top GT3/4 Physic wise, they actually have a tire model thats deforming... customizations/engineswaps.. Then theres the top notch online.. Which I doubt PD will nail out the gates...

I'm starting to think PD is stuck with a GT5 that is merely a small update from 4. More cars, Same-ish tracks... and nothing much else. Taking NOTEs at e3???? Come on, if the game could be released at any time, why on earth are they taking notes? Hence the 0 communication with the community. I love GT.. buy my ps's because of them.. But I think PD got caught with their pants down on this one.. the whole "We take as long as we want" is fine, but not when you have competition like this.

I'm starting to run out of reasons that I'd prefer GT over F3 that aren't just based on nostalgia.. GT's A.I still bumps into you if you stop on the track as if you aren't even there...

Eh.. im hoping PD pulls off GT5 in a classy fashion, but they cant use excuses anymore that we would all gladly accept, especially as im watching a Enzo in Forza getting totaled.. the "buh buh some manufacturers dont let us" excuse is bs.

Kinda sad, but with no news/information... all I can do is "hope" for a video game i like :\, But im looking for ways to convert my current fantec to the 360's setup in the meantime.

Go cry somewhere else. Wise people write. They took notes just to make GT perfect and being ahead of competition. KY said that they can release it any time they want, but there are still the things that they can modificate and make better than it is today.

I just really hope, that GT5 will be such a great game and make shut your mouth.

Edit: and by the way, rewinding is for losers!

Last edited:
Polyphony Digital keeps everything quite. There will be more in GT5 than anyone would expect from a "normal" race-game. They did really surpirse me with rally and Nascar. And what about the damagemodel? I've seen a lot of gameplaytrailers of Forza 3 already, but they won't be as good as those from GT5. And I don't care, I have a ps3 and no Xbox, but I do still trust PD and think no racinggame can reach the quality of GT! But you are right about some cars like Lamborghini. It pisses me off that even NeedforSpeed includes Lambo's and GT doesn't But we don't know enough to say they aren't in GT5 again. Maybe Lambo's are in it this time. ;) Let's hope.

We don't know a thing about GT5 yet, but we have so much on Forza 3. We will see, GT5 might have that and more. And GT5 will not be an updated GT4, it has been too much time. It will definitely be a whole new game.

this thread could only be a big source of flaming

Last edited:
Go cry somewhere else. Wise people write. They took notes just to make GT perfect and being ahead of competition. KY said that they can release it any time they want, but there are still the things that they can modificate and make better than it is today.

I just really hope, that GT5 will be such a great game and shut your mouth.

I didn't mention a damn thing about rewinding features. And you clearly agree with me in "hoping" that PD pulls it off... taking notes on an alleged complete product is nonsense... as is saying you cant damage vehicles when its done in competitors products. There was news about all the GT's and updates even back when it was just print magazines and getting stuff from psunderground. I agree, rewinding is for losers... But Tire deformations isn't..

Turn10/MS is clearly going after PD. Which isn't a huge issue.. because the GT community will buy GT regardless. I just hope they nail online/improve the depth of the customizations and livery support for car clubs.. at least a custom emblem.. something. I've personally been waiting for GT since I purchased my launch ps3.

I have no problem with games-comparisons, and I welcome equally all racing games. The more, the merrier, and having serious competition in this genre can only be good for all of us.

But I don't understand the "we" in the title of this thread.

I just really hope, that GT5 will be such a great game and make shut your mouth.

Do not post this way towards other members. Personal attacks are not acceptable here.

You have posted the video, where rewinding was mentioned. Next time, don't post videos with which you don't share the same meaning.

Yeah check my post history.. serious fanboy here.

Its just irritating to be part of an online community for GT when there is no GT info :\.

I agree with you. There is too much spoken about GT5. There are too many wishes and when you think too much of them, then GT5 might dissappoint you when not all the wishes have come true... So I just visit this site for a couple of times for news and this forum. :)

So have you played FM3? or GT5 for that matter?

Do not post this way towards other members. Personal attacks are not acceptable here.

My post was defenetly not mentioned as an attack. Sorry if I made you and others that feeling.

I have no problem with games-comparisons, and I welcome equally all racing games. The more, the merrier, and having serious competition in this genre can only be good for all of us.

But I don't understand the "we" in the title of this thread.

This is the one thing im happy for. GT was due some features, hopefully competition pushes some into the franchise making it a better experience for us all.

I just hope PD isn't going to get a reality shock, when they realize that they aren't the pioneers that they once were, and that competition is creating a sense of weight to them to bring them back to reality as far as production schedules go. I don't want PD to compromise ANYTHING to deliver GT. But at the same time "it will be done when its done" and the excuses about things that are included in the competition really rubs me raw.

I'll never doubt PD again when GT5 is released and I'm calling in sick for months. Nothing touches PD's quality, nothing ever will, because no one spends the time these guys do. People don't need to know everything about the game.. but some breadcrumbs would be nice. Not so much the catch-up features, but new gameplay features/updated physic model. Something. The year isn't over yet... But im hanging on by my pinky at this point lol.. thank god there are so many amazing ps3 games to keep me occupied, and I still do Live for Speed/GTR2.

Yeah check my post history.. serious fanboy here.

Its just irritating to be part of an online community for GT when there is no GT info :\.
alright....but I dont see where this thread is going.....
speculation, nothing more. We don't need this.

Sony/Polyphony (could) feel so confident that GT5 will completely destroy the competition that they are not really bothered with starting a marketing war at the moment. There's that.

And why wouldn’t they. Decade of experience, five years in development, plenty of space on the BD to implement every great idea. They know they have a superior product. This gives them the advantage to release the game at a time of their choosing.

alright....but I dont see where this thread is going.....
speculation, nothing more. We don't need this.

Well.. not much else to talk about.. but yeah.. You're right. I just remember the days when this would be coverage for GT.. bleh.. back to sitting on the porch waiting for the mailman.

I don't like Turn10's attitude or disrespect towards other developers. Claiming their title is 'definitive' is also plain :crazy:

Sony/Polyphony (could) feel so confident that GT5 will completely destroy the competition that they are not really bothered with starting a marketing war at the moment. There's that.

And why wouldn’t they. Decade of experience, five years in development, plenty of space on the BD to implement every great idea. They know they have a superior product. This gives them the advantage to release the game at a time of their choosing.

Could be.. but GT is a huge franchise, and they know people bought the PS3 just for it. They sold 3+ million copies of Prologue, Sony/PD could just throw a bone out there..

Sony isn't MS as far as advertising, and will never be. MS has made it their main goal to smear Sony & PD at every chance they can possibly get. Sony isn't like that. They are never going to go tit for tat here. But They should throw some more at the customerbase.

sure I hope theres some gigantic leap from gt5p to gt5, and that we have all sorts of great features too. Thats what we have all been doing for 3 years.

I'm gonna keep it simple, screw you

I'm not rich enough to go out and splash cash for a 360 now, and we dont need an anti-GT5 threads on a GT fansite. Take your flaming elsewhere

Guess what? Do you have any idea how long it took for a new version (yes totally new version not spin off or spec II) of Street Fighter to come out? 12 years! PD has been making GT5 for about 5 years (planing and actual construction) as well as making GTPSP. Thats 2 games in about a 5-6 year span. That is not that bad. In that time we have gotten a "preview build" (GT5p) and the demo-esk GTHD. GT5 IS that is right IS coming within 12 months. Mark my words. My bet is between December this year and May next year. Honestly give it a rest and stop complaining. GT5 will be great. So will FM3. What about this is hard for people to comprehend is beyond me.

Listen from 1.01 to 1.30 where he is talking about damage. So there WILL BE damage for all cars.

Guess what? Do you have any idea how long it took for a new version (yes totally new version not spin off or spec II) of Street Fighter to come out? 12 years! PD has been making GT5 for about 5 years (planing and actual construction) as well as making GTPSP. Thats 2 games in about a 5-6 year span. That is not that bad. In that time we have gotten a "preview build" (GT5p) and the demo-esk GTHD. GT5 IS that is right IS coming within 12 months. Mark my words. My bet is between December this year and May next year. Honestly give it a rest and stop complaining. GT5 will be great. So will FM3. What about this is hard for people to comprehend is beyond me.

Street Fighter is a fighting game. It didn't take 12 years of work... literally. Not even applicable.

I commend Pd for all these different versions of the game, but no new gameplay features have been added. Which I'll stand by, and thats what i've said from the start. I personally think they have stuck to the formula which has worked, but compared to other games, they are far beyond what GTHD-GT5P pulled off. If kaz really hasn't played the competition, then I'm sure we will be stuck with A.I vehicles that aren't aware of players on the track, and meaningless blow past 16 cars in 2 lap races... I've purchased every single GT, Purchase every single new wheel.. love the franchise, but Its going to be impossible to ignore the fact that its behind(if it is). The days of GT being a big fish in a small pond are over.

I want the best GT possible, and I hope that competition brings refinements that the series needs to be modern. No one is saying 1 is better than the other. What I am saying is that F3 and even f2 have features that leave GT trailing behind it. If I'm confident in my game, the research would have been done about the competition well before e3. I wouldn't need to be taking notes.

What were they taking notes of?

This is idiculous, you can't say something is "better" (which is a subjective term anyway) than something when we know nothing about GT5, and you haven't even played it.

I like how you can say that T10 must have nailed the physics after the 5 years that T10 have been developing Forza, and what, PD haven't or can'tafter developing GT games for nearly 12 years?

I think it's niave to think that PD are not working with tyre companies as Kaz has subtly hinted that different types and brands of tyre will be in the game; this is quite clear from the trailer where you can clearly see Pirelli, Bridgestone and Goodyear tyres: Forza 3 has shown nothing.

The amount of these types of threads will continue to increase as people continue to get excited for the releases of both the games.

To be honest, as much as I love what Forza 3 is bringing to the table, you have to remember, that PD has barely shown us GT5 at this point. All we have is one short trailer, that has given us little to nothing in regards to what this game will carry.

It is easy to get excited, but it is a sure bet that GT5 will be worth the wait. We know what PD did with GT3 and GT4 on the PS2, I can't even imagine what they can do on the PS3, the possibilities are literally endless.

Listen from 1.01 to 1.30 where he is talking about damage. So there WILL BE damage for all cars.

Yeah i was here watching that... when it first surfaced.. but he didn't confirm damage for all vehicles.. it was the typical manufacturer excuse.. and saying most are coming around.. But he didn't say "and oh yeah all vehicles will have damage!"

Damage to me isn't important. The only thing GT needs is a serious penalty system. Time is more important to me than damage. However in a 24 hour race, I think damage should play an important part as far as the endurance and strategy of racing. I could care less about a damage model. But something needs to be there to stop the online antics and abuse of the engine, especially with track times.

My ideal gt5 will include:
800+vehicles,Carwash(yes),deeper customizations(full race car conversions),Engine swaps, MP3player, Strict Penalties, rubberbanding off all expert/pro/any races(toggle off and on), Private race rooms, Carclubs(clans), speculator option(view watch races from the stands/other povs), Some sort of analysis system to improve your racing lines,Weather( you cant have rally without weather!), 24/hour daytime/night cycle, and everything else on that image of what they wanted to have in GTHD/Prologue or whatever.

I'm a huge fan of both games and will be buying both. I don't agree with fanboyism for one title or the other. Enjoy them both.

Gran Turismo tends to be more Epic than Forza.
Forza tends provide a better interface and upgrades etc

Gran Turismo 5 has taken too long - Forza fills the gap. When I'm playing both Forza 3 and Gran Turismo 5 then I will make a comparison, but I feel I'll just love them both.

Street Fighter is a fighting game. It didn't take 12 years of work... literally. Not even applicable.

I commend Pd for all these different versions of the game, but no new gameplay features have been added. Which I'll stand by, and thats what i've said from the start. I personally think they have stuck to the formula which has worked, but compared to other games, they are far beyond what GTHD-GT5P pulled off. If kaz really hasn't played the competition, then I'm sure we will be stuck with A.I vehicles that aren't aware of players on the track, and meaningless blow past 16 cars in 2 lap races... I've purchased every single GT, Purchase every single new wheel.. love the franchise, but Its going to be impossible to ignore the fact that its behind(if it is). The days of GT being a big fish in a small pond are over.

I want the best GT possible, and I hope that competition brings refinements that the series needs to be modern. No one is saying 1 is better than the other. What I am saying is that F3 and even f2 have features that leave GT trailing behind it. If I'm confident in my game, the research would have been done about the competition well before e3. I wouldn't need to be taking notes.

I am not comparing the level of work more the level of wait for the fans of the series.

While the Ai could be a lot better and is not the best in the genre is it by no means terrible. I have actually had many good battles with the Ai. Which sometimes exhibits more intelligence than people online. The Challenge races are meant to be just that, specific challenges. Just racing gets dull after a while and this varies the action.

Both GT4-5p and FM2-3 have features and "things" that the other series does not have. Is GT5 out. Do we know all the features it will have? No. Why has PD not been forthcoming? Well, not that it is right but, they want to keep things a surprise and feel that the best time to show GT5 is when it is in a completed state. They want perfection.

When basing an opinion on pure specualtion people put themselves out to look like idiots. Truth be told that F3 will have it's suporters and Gt5 will have theirs.

What upsets me though is the crowning of F3 solely beacause it will be released earlier than GT. Damage? Ok, but until it is replicated realistically it's a mute point for me. Tire flex? uhh, purely cosmetic i doubt this will replicate driving physics better than anything. Rewinding the race????? ummm come on...didn't i see this in GRiD? wow way to be innovative Turn 10.

With that being said I don't think the forza franchise actually brings anything to the table to trump GT in any way, except car customization. Forza 3 has not been released and as soon as it is i will play it and judge for myself. I bet my botton dollar that it will be exactly as Forza 2 except for some different cars/tracks. Then the reality of how "innovative" it is will really be seen. I for one won't buy into the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back