Forza3 Definitive Trailer: AKA Why we are better than GT5 w Pro Racer Testimonials.

• Thread starter blademask
  • 2,433 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it many times before, until Forza 3 can add more cars on to the track (Forza 3 features a pathetic 8 cars on track), it will never even eclipse GT5. 8 cars=Waste of time. Case closed.

I find this thread so useless.
If you want to buy Forza 3, buy Forza 3, if you wanna buy GT5 buy GT5, wanna buy both? Fine buy both! Wanna state an opinion about a game? Good do it in one of the dozens of already existing threads.

When basing an opinion on pure specualtion people put themselves out to look like idiots. Truth be told that F3 will have it's suporters and Gt5 will have theirs.

What upsets me though is the crowning of F3 solely beacause it will be released earlier than GT. Damage? Ok, but until it is replicated realistically it's a mute point for me. Tire flex? uhh, purely cosmetic i doubt this will replicate driving physics better than anything. Rewinding the race????? ummm come on...didn't i see this in GRiD? wow way to be innovative Turn 10.

With that being said I don't think the forza franchise actually brings anything to the table to trump GT in any way, except car customization. Forza 3 has not been released and as soon as it is i will play it and judge for myself. I bet my botton dollar that it will be exactly as Forza 2 except for some different cars/tracks. Then the reality of how "innovative" it is will really be seen. I for one won't buy into the hype.

I agree.

F3 isn't a significant upgrade from 2. Its in fact a cosmetic upgrade, the fact that they couldn't increase from 8 to 16 is sad. That being said, I expected to see a few more interesting features from prologue to point in the direction GT is going to go in the future. In the same way.. Gt5 has so far just been viewed as a cosmetic upgrade from 4. Online is great, but its a catch-up feature. I'm not comparing the feature sets of the two to say 1 is better than the other, and the OP was more or less in the words of Turn10 pretending "we are better than Gt with pro racer testimonials" these people were clearly paid to do this..

What Im saying is its a bit worrying that there hasn't been much information revealed about GT in the first place. Just going by the assumption that PD will do a good job is bubkiss considering how GT4 shipped. I just mentioned my concerns about being in the clouds, not seeing competition, and goals that aren't quite the modernized goals of todays racing titles. Forza2 has features Gt4 should have had, Forza2 has features that GT5p should have hinted at at least.

The only people that are 'crowning' F3 is Turn10 and Microsoft. As far as "best of show" awards go at e3, Disney's Split second won that contest and had the most outlets giving props to that game, and F3 is still heavily compared to the need for speed series due to its hollywood realism level of physics, Flipping cars? Lol come on...

I've been "hoping" this entire time just as the rest of you have been. But This time in GT4's lifecycle.. I knew what was coming more so than i know now. I know absolutely nothing about GT5, outside of the graphics and the assumption that it will include all the features from the previous titles.

I don't know how anyone can say what game will be better. Currently all we can go on is video's and what the developer's say(GT5P IS NOT going to be anything like the full game).

Of course all F3 will be is F2 with some more tracks and cars, that is also what GT5 will probably be.

F3 will be better than GT5 in some areas and GT5 will be better than F3 in some areas. Maybe if you all get off your high horse you will realize you are missing out on a great experience.

Well I have played FM2 & GT5P extensively and I also plan to buy both FM3 and GT5 but to suggest the physics are better on FM2 is laughable.

Some may disagree with this but im of the opinion that you can only really test the physics of a racing game when you participate in hotlapping. Now im afraid FM2 was inferior to GT5P in some many ways.

If you believe the physics of FM2 are better than please explain why muscle cars with 1090hp on stock tyres dominate the leaderboards? Also can you explain how these times set when they remain in the same gear for the entire lap!! If I was to hotlap on GT5P and remain in the same gear for the entire lap I would be miles off the pace.

What I love about hotlapping on GT5P is you really focus on your racing lines and seem more rewarded for getting that perfect drive out of the bends. Even knowing when to change gear can make a significant difference to your laptime. Now on FM2 it didn't matter if you changed at 7000 or 8000rpm your split times remained the same. I would also add that the reaction of your car to rumble strips is far superior on GT5P. This was a massive flaw on FM2 because for example on Suzuka E you avoided these like the plague and yet on GT5P I make full use of them. I have known my car on FM2 to literally fling off the track by touching a rumble strip and this was in an R3 race car!!

Gran Turismo 5 has taken too long - Forza fills the gap. When I'm playing both Forza 3 and Gran Turismo 5 then I will make a comparison, but I feel I'll just love them both.
I view Forza as a gap filler.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy Forza 2 especially the online features but shall drop FM3 like a hot potato when GT5 is released.

What I never understand is why fanboys dislike each franchise. I said on the Forza forums how anyone can be a fan of racing games and yet have a dislike to the Gran Turismo series is beyond me.

The simple answer is if you can afford both consoles then own both games and have the best of both worlds. At the moment the Forza series is miles ahead with regards to online features but can PD change this on GT5?

I view Forza as a gap filler.

The simple answer is if you can afford both consoles then own both games and have the best of both worlds. At the moment the Forza series is miles ahead with regards to online features but can PD change this on GT5?

It would be easy for PD to make a better online than Forza. Basically they need 2 things(customization and a way to buy/sell cars,tunes and paintjobs).

I don't know how anyone can say what game will be better. Currently all we can go on is video's and what the developer's say(GT5P IS NOT going to be anything like the full game).

Of course all F3 will be is F2 with some more tracks and cars, that is also what GT5 will probably be.

F3 will be better than GT5 in some areas and GT5 will be better than F3 in some areas. Maybe if you all get off your high horse you will realize you are missing out on a great experience.

You just won 1,000,000 internets.

It still baffles me how anyone can compare two things so indepth that aren't even out yet. I really wish there was more level-headedness like this on GTP because it really would give the impression that 90% of the forum aren't idiotic GT fanboys.

Taking NOTEs at e3???? Come on, if the game could be released at any time, why on earth are they taking notes?
You know, the ONLY source for that is Che Chu, the PR bigmouth - the other one - for Turn 10. Any pictures are of Japanese journalists taking notes, so I'm beginning to think it might just be more FUD from T10.

Forza 3 will be the best racing game for XBOX 360 owners
GT5 will be the best racing game for PS3 owners

so basically its a never ending argument of which one is going to be better...but in my opinion we all should wait till the TGS when we will have more info about GT5 and then judge...its not fare to give up or complain about GT5 right now with only 1 Trailer...

You know, the ONLY source for that is Che Chu, the PR bigmouth - the other one - for Turn 10. Any pictures are of Japanese journalists taking notes, so I'm beginning to think it might just be more FUD from T10.

I wouldn't doubt that. Those guys are total tools and make me glad I have an "educational" Xbox360. For times like this. Every single interview has done nothing but take shots at everyone, while pretending 8 cars on a track is 'definitive'. 24 hour races with no light cycles is also hilarious. They lied about the "IN GAME" footage with the creativity trailer and silently revealed it on their sites forums later...and they are pawning of the AA increased replay images as the games "screenshots"..dont get me wrong, Turn10 is not admirable, but they are viable competition, and their game does include PC-Sim like features, which GT should have mimicked by now to modernize the title.

Turn10 is not admirable, but they are viable competition, and their game does include PC-Sim like features, which GT should have mimicked by now to modernize the title.
If GT5 was out by now, mimicking those PC-Sim features, it might be as small as FRM2 or 3, not having 600-800 cars and near 100 tracks - another thing I'm doubtful from Turn 10. It also might have as many bugs as Froza, and be as unstable. Damage might be at the cartoon level too. We might be looking at DLC which can't integrate into the single player game much at all, which I really disliked about FM2.

Frankly, I'll take the wait and not knowing for a bigger, better, BADDER GT5.

The wait is getting a little too long. But its ok PD, we forgive you as long as you give us a good game.

Everyone is talking about KY taking notes on FM3, but ever consider maybe its not a note, maybe its a comparison checklist lol. After KY seeing FM3 he decides to say "we can release it anytime" maybe meaning GT5 is already a better game than FM3. Kinda like "we've seen FM3, ehh nothing special we dont have...our's is better, nothing to worry about. We'll release it when we want to"

that's the stuff you have to hear when you are quiet. But by the time GT5 comes FM3 would have gotten so many cars though DLC that it might equal GT5

Blademask, I would like you to prove me that Forza 3 is a better game than GT5.

So this is how it's going to be on the GTplanet forums? people with one (beaten to death) opinion that could have easily been placed in another discussion thread gets the green light now? I've seen way more interesting and usefull threads being closed because it could have gone in another thread as well.. and this is okay? hmmm.

I dont even know what to say.. you like forza 3 more at the moment? good.. save up and buy it then, im getting both and it will be good fun.. should i open a thread for that now?

Autobrake...Rwind come on please GT5 "The Real Drivng Simulator" not some Arcade game or whatever it is...:yuck:

So this is how it's going to be on the GTplanet forums? people with one (beaten to death) opinion that could have easily been placed in another discussion thread gets the green light now? I've seen way more interesting and usefull threads being closed because it could have gone in another thread as well.. and this is okay? hmmm.

I dont even know what to say.. you like forza 3 more at the moment? good.. save up and buy it then, im getting both and it will be good fun.. should i open a thread for that now?

I do not know how this is not locked or at least moved.

So blademask let me get this straight, despite the thread title which puts everyone into the "Forza fanboy is here" mode.

You really sound like many others here, frustrated of the lack of GT5 news, you appreciate what Forza is doing (but not the devs attitudes), but in the end you are venting your frustration that PD is not giving us anything about GT5. I understand that, I feel much the same. Gameshow after gameshow we get next to nothing but we know it is like a big GT5 cloud looming over our heads. Even when we are sure we're going to get hit with the heavy cloud of news they pull a flank move and dump GT PSP on us avoiding GT5 as much as possible.

If you made the thread title more constructive (like the way you post) I don't think there would be so many people getting flaming at you before reading your following posts.

Jay
So blademask let me get this straight, despite the thread title which puts everyone into the "Forza fanboy is here" mode.

You really sound like many others here, frustrated of the lack of GT5 news, you appreciate what Forza is doing (but not the devs attitudes), but in the end you are venting your frustration that PD is not giving us anything about GT5. I understand that, I feel much the same. Gameshow after gameshow we get next to nothing but we know it is like a big GT5 cloud looming over our heads. Even when we are sure we're going to get hit with the heavy cloud of news they pull a flank move and dump GT PSP on us avoiding GT5 as much as possible.

If you made the thread title more constructive (like the way you post) I don't think there would be so many people getting flaming at you before reading your following posts.

Pretty much. I made a mistake with the OP... I should have put the AkA in quotes.

Lol @ the flank PSP move.. its just shocking how the focus has turned to that game. I cant get behind a GT I can't enjoy w/o a steering wheel.

Forza 3 will be the best racing game for XBOX 360 owners
GT5 will be the best racing game for PS3 owners

so basically its a never ending argument of which one is going to be better...but in my opinion we all should wait till the TGS when we will have more info about GT5 and then judge...its not fare to give up or complain about GT5 right now with only 1 Trailer...

Agree the first comment about 360 and PS3 👍

But why do you think that we get infos at the TGS?

the whole "We take as long as we want" is fine, but not when you have competition like this.

When the other game is on the same console, it's competition. When it's on a different gaming system, it's just "another game" honestly.

the "buh buh some manufacturers dont let us" excuse is bs.

Are you a game developer too? How about a lawyer? So how do you know?

Kinda sad, but with no news/information... all I can do is "hope" for a video game i like :\, But im looking for ways to convert my current fantec to the 360's setup in the meantime.

Boo Hoo.

But why do you think that we get infos at the TGS?

PD is based in Tokyo, it only makes sense.

When the other game is on the same console, it's competition. When it's on a different gaming system, it's just "another game" honestly.

I don't understand the logic there at all, that's the same as saying the 360 and PS3 aren't competing, or the 905 wasn't really competing with the R15 simply because one came from a French-based manufacturer and the other German, respectively.

Are you a game developer too? How about a lawyer? So how do you know?

Boo Hoo.

PD is based in Tokyo, it only makes sense.

LoL, I used to be like you :) With my shrine built to Polyphony.. right next to my sony kiosk and my tamagutchi dolls.

The reality is GT is behind in features, it does have competition, and that competition is real, its loud, and its here. GT is in a class of its own, it has an undeniable GT soul that resonates with every iteration. But reality dictates that when there's competition, you ultimately receive a better product due to the competition. Much like the NFL titles have stagnated with Madden, GT would have been in that same realm if there were no real solid competitors out there. I'm hoping its a challenge to the PD team to remind everyone why GT is known by the community (not just the developers like Turn10) as the definitive driving series on consoles. This goes for Damage, Customization both cosmetic & mechanical, track detail, weather, day/night cycles, A.I, single player "missions", and Online Play. As I said earlier, GT5p still has A.I vehicles bumping into you if you're stopped on the track, as opposed to F2 to where vehicles will avoid you. Basic things like this need to go the way of the dodo.

Damage/Online and other catch-up features are just that. they are features that are standards in the world where GT is hailed as king. I'm not a fan of damage, but I am a fan of engine swapping/online/serious-real-racing time penalties and ejections. These things PD must add to the title in order to keep it relevant, especially with this generation being about nothing but sales, Microsoft and the advertising army have a single goal, and thats to make the world forget about PD, Sony, and the Gran turismo franchise. And they have the cash to do it. Driving in GT is pure bliss, but with a few more features I will no longer need to procreate, and i'll play Gt5 until GT6.

I mentioned that I have a fear that the game won't be a significant improvement over the previous titles outside of visual polish and a few other things. Sort of the disappointment with GT3 to GT4. Now factor in that it took this long "4 years" to get comfortable with the PS3 and the next gen engine, I'm hoping that the time is well spent, and that we get the things that are not only basic requirements for driving sims, but the extra "oh my god i never thought of that" that GT invented/innovated with the previous titles. The new non-basic-sim additions of the different series is great, as is the TopGear/GT-TV additions. The new menu system is beautiful and adds to the soul of GT. But I want to see a hint of what is to come to the franchise.

No one has seen that Hint outside of cosmetic updates. Now we see a trailer that shows off damage. but again, nothing that is interesting me if im looking for "whats new" in gt5.

Do I really need to bring up every single other driving game in the world with wrecked exotics? Its a BS excuse. Sure, there may be 100's of legal reasons, but it took PD 10 years to do what many titles do out the gate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back