Forza3 Definitive Trailer: AKA Why we are better than GT5 w Pro Racer Testimonials.

• Thread starter blademask
  • 2,433 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the logic there at all

The PS3 Vs. 360 is indirect competition, the Forza Vs. GT5 is indirect competition. So while it is competition it's not the same.

or the 905 wasn't really competing with the R15 simply because one came from a French-based manufacturer and the other German, respectively.

They aren't competitors, unless Audi came out with an R15 in the early 90's.

Autobrake...Rwind come on please GT5 "The Real Drivng Simulator" not some Arcade game or whatever it is...:yuck:

These features are to help new users adapt to the game easier. Not everyone can fly around the ring with no assists.

You don't like DON'T USE IT, not that hard of a concept, yet nobody ever gets it.

Last edited:
The fact is we don't know hardly anything about GT5, wether it is behind or infront with features and innovations. All we can go by is hints (which hint in very good directions), we have had more hints than a 10 year old playing Trivial Pursuit but we all would love to see these hints turn into confirmations.

GT5p still has A.I vehicles bumping into you if you're stopped on the track, as opposed to F2 to where vehicles will avoid you. Basic things like this need to go the way of the dodo.

Actually I have tested this quite a bit, sure they will bump you if you are at corner exit or something but if you stop in the middle of a straight section of a track they do a good job at avoiding, sometimes when a car is close to another behind it wont move in time while the car infront will, but much of that happens in real life also.

But why do you think that we get infos at the TGS?
Why not?
1)Polyphony Digital is in Tokyo
2)Yamauchi already made a few presentations and announcements at TGS
3)End of september sounds like a good occasion to reveal some content, at least a release date..

....4)it just makes sense

Why not?
3)End of september sounds like a good occasion to reveal some content, at least a release date..

5) Most GT announcements have been at TGS

Jay
Actually I have tested this quite a bit, sure they will bump you if you are at corner exit or something but if you stop in the middle of a straight section of a track they do a good job at avoiding, sometimes when a car is close to another behind it wont move in time while the car infront will, but much of that happens in real life also.
so maybe the AI that avoids you everytime at the last second is in fact dumb and doesnt simulate human reflexes at all

Sure it would be better if they took action from further back but they still avoid last second or not, which is what my point was. Not how much it simulates human reflexes.

I find this thread so useless.
If you want to buy Forza 3, buy Forza 3, if you wanna buy GT5 buy GT5, wanna buy both? Fine buy both! Wanna state an opinion about a game? Good do it in one of the dozens of already existing threads.

100% Agreed ;)👍

I don't understand the logic there at all, that's the same as saying the 360 and PS3 aren't competing, or the 905 wasn't really competing with the R15 simply because one came from a French-based manufacturer and the other German, respectively.

Someone already brushed on it, but the R15 and 905 weren't competing with each other. :P

Now the 908, that's a different story. ;)

PD is based in Tokyo, it only makes sense.

Why not?

If we learned anything from GT4, it's that common sense & Polyphony don't exactly go hand in hand. :P

I don't understand the logic there at all, that's the same as saying the 360 and PS3 aren't competing, or the 905 wasn't really competing with the R15 simply because one came from a French-based manufacturer and the other German, respectively.

Someone already brushed on it, but the R15 and 905 weren't competing with each other. :P

Now the 908, that's a different story. ;)

Yeah, that was a mistake on my behalf. :lol:

LoL, I used to be like you :) With my shrine built to Polyphony.. right next to my sony kiosk and my tamagutchi dolls.

Blah, Blah, Blah

I didn't read the whole post because I'm tired, but I will say that I'm not a "PD fanboy" or a Sony fanatic.

I'm speaking from experience when I say that I have played Forza, I hated it, and in my opinion there is nothing out there that compares to the way GT physics feel so far. Now, that's just my opinion, so don't bite my head off.

Forza 3 release will come and go, and I will wait patiently for GT5 like I have been.:)

what's the point, the first post was obviously made as a bait.

I love GT and if had the dough i would get an xbox ( even if i hate microsoft, i'm a unix/linux guy, it's a whole different story ) just to try FM3, i saw i good review for fm3 in Inside Sim Racing ( http://www.youtube.com/user/simracingtonight ).

Also there's NFS Shift which in some articles was found to be a bit better than FM3 in some aspects. And i'm getting NFS Shift too.

we should just enjoy all the of these games. :)

well well well, the usual suspect is out again. I guess I might as well share my 'wisdom' too :)

First of all, I have only played the Forza 2 demo and seen the Forza 3 videos. Honestly it looks like a solid racing game; it has many features that look like fun and obviously turn 10 is proud of what they have accomplished. The only bad part of E3 was the video where the cars are 'dancing' around one another...not that good, but if that is all, than I guess T10 have made a great game from the looks of it.

However, to me, GT is not just a mere game, whereas that is what F3 means to me...a great game. GT is an awesome experience for those who love and ejoy cars, racing and all other aspects; it is a way of life to me. Let me tell you why.

The cars themselves look incredible, the amount of detail is awesome. I sometimes look at a vehicle for 20 minutes because I can appreciate the effort PD put into it and I love the see the car itself with such beautiful backgrounds as seen in GT5P. As a carnut I can appreciate the elegant lines of the R8, the aggresiveness of the 599, the history in the Delta, the beauty of the RX-7, the technicality of the GT-R, the sleek design of the Evora and so on.

then there is the physics engine which to me is very life-like with the DFGT. I love to take the GT-R, NSX or RX-7 around london because those corners are so much fun with the DFGT. I love the way the tires scream when going around Eiger. I simply love the way the cars handle and to me it seems like an accurate representation of the way cars should handle.

furthermore, the entire experience from the MY-Page to the showrooms to the cars waiting in the pits tells me this is what it's all about, the love for cars and racing them. When experiencing a GT product such as GT5P you know that somewhere around the world, people with the same amount of love have worked on it, PD. That like-mindedness permeates every inch of a GT product.

simply put, for me Forza 3 is a great game, or will be...but GT, sorry, that is on a whole different level as a car enthusiast.

However, I am sure some people will not feel this way, and perhaps you should wonder who you are and why you are doing what you are doing. perhaps Forza 3 is far more suited to your needs. And frankly, there is no shame in that either. Ask yourself this: why get worked up over something, complain and stress, try to change things, when it is clear that the eventual worth of things is only relative. Forza 3 is just a game...GT5 - if you are like me - is an automotive experience which, like F3 can wait; if you're not like me it is also just a game. Safe your energy for something worthwhile, not a game.

I sadly agree mostly with blademask. Fsan cummunication just is not there the as it is with turn 10. Surely it is a japanese game but PD and rest of sony needs to harpen things in this respect. PD should start laying out their arsenal quickly before forza get too much edge over console buyers. GT5 release date year after forza would be a dissaster for sony but maybe great thing for GT5. It seem like PD just still works in a cave with too little resources and when they come out show something new, forza has already done that. So hire more people and get english speaking voice to communicate with gtplanet.net Let's hope GT5 delivers this time the game we wan't.

ps: i own both consoles

It would be easy for PD to make a better online than Forza. Basically they need 2 things(customization and a way to buy/sell cars,tunes and paintjobs).

Going to need more than that.

What I love about Forza 2 is largely down to Xbox live rather than the game. For instance the way I can be in a party chat of 8 people and send them all an invite with just one click is extremely convinient. I have owned my PS3 for 18months now and I still cannot believe that to speak to my friends whilst playing GT5P I have to switch my 360 on.

The online features that I would like to see on GT5 are.

1. Numerous scoreboards like FM2 i.e time trials, roll up leaderboards, career leaderboards.

2. Car club options enabling you to create a racing team and compete against other teams in tournaments. Even have leaderboards based on team wins and also overall hotlap positions.

3. Obviously private rooms but giving the host plenty of options i.e collisions on/off, damage on/off etc.

4. Ability to speak to friends even if they aren't playing GT5, although this is probably down to PSN than PD.

There are other online features I would like to see but the above is most important to me.

Still im not too worried at this stage because when kaz was asked about his GT vision he said we still need broadband connections to be 20X faster to reach his goal. So with this in mind im sure PD are well aware of what they need to do.

What I love about Forza 2 is largely down to Xbox live
You know, I really hate XBox Live. I don't like cross game chats and invites. And I REALLY hate paying for the privilege. I also really hate how some people are afraid of a big mouth who's beginning to remind me of that numbskull Al Franken. Someone has been throwing a lot of ego the size of Gabe Newell around, and if someone has something to prove from all their inflated rhetoric, they do.

FM2 is so awesome, I haven't touched it since last year. So FM3 has a rewind. Yay on them, so what else do they have with the same 8 car races I haven't seen before?

worst_thread_ever.jpg

this thread, if what, is flamebaiting fanboys from both camps. just let it be, leave it alone, don't post and it dies, getting buried with the rest of flamebaiting threads.

I think we get nothing at the TGS... I´m sure PD is waiting till FM3 is out...

I don´t know why... maybe they´re scared that FM3 is better than GT5 or they´re scared about that T10 will copy all new features from GT5

wow i am really surprised by this, I joined this community to avoid these kinds of off topic threads, if I wanted to read these kind of forums i would go to n4g or something. This is pointless and you base your physics from a video clip blademask, just stop with the stupidity this is gtplanet.

wow i am really surprised by this, I joined this community to avoid these kinds of off topic threads, if I wanted to read these kind of forums i would go to n4g or something. This is pointless and you base your physics from a video clip blademask, just stop with the stupidity this is gtplanet.

Yeah, but he also played Forza 3 at E3. And don't be so angry on him. Like I said: Forza is a great game, but no game is as huge as Gran Turismo. No other game looks better than GT, no game has 1000 cars, no game has so many events. Be happy with having a ps3 instead of an xbox. ;)

And prove to me vice versa.

Yamauchi isn't saying GT5 is a better game than Forza 3. Forza developers, on the other hand, go as far as to say the game has the best physics of them all. GT5 has nothing to prove to anyone. Forza does.

Yamauchi isn't saying GT5 is a better game than Forza 3. Forza developers, on the other hand, go as far as to say the game has the best physics of them all. GT5 has nothing to prove to anyone. Forza does.
true
Greenwalt is the one attacking

It seems like the Forza dude (what's his name lol?) is taking shots at GT because he knows that it will overwhelm Forza 3 once it is released.
Why else would he keep babbling on about how great Forza 3 is?
They should've released it straight away so it can at least have a few months in the spotlight.

Well he is just REALLY confident in his product. There is nothing wrong with that. It is how he is expressing that confidence that is upsetting. For example the NFS Shift guys have been saying similar things. But they do it in a much more low key way. Its one thing to say we really like our product but another to say our product is the best and nothing else compares not even stuff that is not even out yet.

I think that its a good move, waiting for forza to get released and then bring out GT5. It means that Greenwalt wont be lying, Forza will be the definitive racing sim..... untill GT5.

I still doubt that considering that SHIFT wil have the important features from FM3- sidewall tireflex and a physics engine that's actually faster than FM3 (not that it means anything). Sure it will have less cars and tracks but supposedly each cars has its own unique physics. Considering that it's us, the racing game fanatic that wll benefit from this war, I'm not going to complain much. Forgot to mention: 16 car grid supposed;y for both SP and MP, double that of FM3; for me this is FM3's biggest drawback. I find it odd that despite having great tracks like La Sarthe that literally screams for more cars on the track.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back