Forza3 Definitive Trailer: AKA Why we are better than GT5 w Pro Racer Testimonials.

• Thread starter blademask
  • 2,433 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will buy both games in the very release day.

Doctor, am I normal?

Should I just limit myself to one of the games so I can fit in on the internet?

Thats it im buying FM3 because it has skid marks lol.

Only joking chaps. No point continuing this debate because its going in circles. What I want in a racing game may differ to others.

Personally GT5 will offer alot more for me and others as the sales of both games will clearly show.

It wouldn't surprise me if Forza 3 actually manages to outsell GT 5.

GT 3 and 4 sales were amazing but GT 5 doesn't have the advantage of a 120million userbase.

GT 3 and 4 sales were amazing but GT 5 doesn't have the advantage of a 120million userbase.

To be fair,that's highly optimistic...

I predict FM3 will easily outsell FM2 by a large degree, but absolutely no way can it sell more then GT5..

all IMO of course..

Amar212

Doctor, am I normal?

It does feel that way.. :)

Now your just having a laugh.

There is a greater chance of me waking up next to Girls Aloud & Kylie Minogue!

Im just dreaming of racing online against 15 other people with photorealistic graphics using my G25, Gameracer cockpit. That isn't possible on FM3!

I will buy both but if GT5 is released within 5 weeks of FM2 release then I will only buy GT5. Reason being is it isn't worth paying £40 for FM3 when im only getting a few weeks of gameplay. My Xbox 360 is being traded in when GT5 is released and im cancelling my xbox live.

If PD would listen their community like that then GT5 would have lot more things and Forza wont ever be winning in features.
And if T10 would listen their community F3 would have a lot more things than better graphics a cockpit view, the questionable roll overs and all the user friendly stuff.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=us&...g+all+Forza+2+Racers.+Feedback+wanted!"&meta=

GT games never have been about features, there have always been games with more features since GT1.

Simple SIM

:ill:

Just GT5:P sold more than F2 even with less userbase...

...and GT5P sold nearly x4 more than GT4P with a lot less userbase.

may be.. but, at 28th december 2004 (release date of GT4, i guess) there was 29 millions PS2 consoles. Is not too far from actual ps3 numbers... and will be more similar at december 2009 (gt5 release date?)
(from vgchartz: http://vgchartz.com/ehweekly.php?date=38347)

Doctor, am I normal?

NO!!! If we accept the that both games are good, what would fanboys have to flame over!?!

And if T10 would listen their community F3 would have a lot more things than better graphics a cockpit view, the questionable roll overs and all the user friendly stuff.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=us&...g+all+Forza+2+Racers.+Feedback+wanted!"&meta=

GT games never have been about features, there have always been games with more features since GT1.

According to Vgcharts Forza 2 is ahead of GT P by a Million sales.

GT P - ~3Million

Forza 2 - ~4Million

GT4 P also wasn't released in North America so that explains why GT 5 P with worldwide ( as well as online ) sales has done so well.

GT 5 doesn't have that luxury.

Yet!

The level of interest in GT5 is incredible in the UK and this information is via some of the managers I know from my local Game stores.

Due to the PS3 price cut this userbase will increase. My prediction is FM3 will sell around 4-5 million copies, GT5 10-15 million copies by 2012.

According to Vgcharts Forza 2 is ahead of GT P by a Million sales.

GT P - ~3Million

Forza 2 - ~4Million

GT4 P also wasn't released in North America so that explains why GT 5 P with worldwide ( as well as online ) sales has done so well.
vgchartz is banned from most game sites for a reason:

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/08/12/gt5-prologue-sells-4-million/
http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

*US is the worst selling market for GT games, the difference in the total GT4P sales would be very small.

Yet!

The level of interest in GT5 is incredible in the UK and this information is via some of the managers I know from my local Game stores.

Due to the PS3 price cut this userbase will increase. My prediction is FM3 will sell around 4-5 million copies, GT5 10-15 million copies by 2012.

Your GT 5 numbers are Extremely optimistic considering the PS3's userbase.

I think it's fair to say that the PS3 will never be the next PS2 in terms of sales.

Your GT 5 numbers are Extremely optimistic considering the PS3's userbase.

I think it's fair to say that the PS3 will never be the next PS2 in terms of sales.

I disagree and I shall use my neighbours/friends as an example.

I have 10 neighbours/friends who I encouraged to buy a Xbox 360 by allowing them to play on mine. These past few months 7/10 of these friends are bored with the 360 and are planning on buyng a PS3.

My opinion is the Xbox 360 is coming to the end of its lifespan whereas the PS3 is just coming alive. Many will make this switch and I also think your underestimating just how many people will buy a PS3 for GT5.

As more and more people buy 1080P HDTVS the more they will want to make full use of this TV. The 360 does not make full use of a HDTV whereas the PS3 does.

They do what they can with the time they have. Unlike PD they dont have the luxury of working almost 5 years in a tittle. Turn10 is doing a great job with Forza 3, just imagine how the game is going to be when the franchise have 10 years like GT.

amar212: Im buying both games too :) ,i bough a PS3 few days ago i cant wait to have them

They do what they can with the time they have. Unlike PD they dont have the luxury of working almost 5 years in a tittle. Turn10 is doing a great job with Forza 3,
I might have my reservations about FM3 but I do agree, Turn 10 do a great job with the development time they have.

I disagree and I shall use my neighbours/friends as an example.

I have 10 neighbours/friends who I encouraged to buy a Xbox 360 by allowing them to play on mine. These past few months 7/10 of these friends are bored with the 360 and are planning on buyng a PS3.

My opinion is the Xbox 360 is coming to the end of its lifespan whereas the PS3 is just coming alive. Many will make this switch and I also think your underestimating just how many people will buy a PS3 for GT5.

As more and more people buy 1080P HDTVS the more they will want to make full use of this TV. The 360 does not make full use of a HDTV whereas the PS3 does.

What Fanboy claptrap..

This has been said for the last 18 months by fanboys, "It's the year of the PS3, it's going to surge ahead of the 360 which is dying".. and look where we are..

The analysts say the PS3 slim will stimulate growth for the next quarter, but Sony do need it, the PS3 was down on year on year sales for a lot of this year, but MS aren't daft, and you'd be mad to underestimate them..

As for 1080p.. Blu-ray standalones are under £60 in places, and Sony quite rightly are moving into Films on Demand which is the MS option as well, which btw is 1080p.. and bugger all normal people care about 1080p.. it's only us enthusiasts.

It does sound like you 'want' the 360 to fail? why? competition is good, we want the 360 and PS3 to compete on level terms for as long as possible, it keeps devs and manufacturers on their toes, when will people realise this?

Since when was the PS2's userbase at 120 millions in 2001 ?

GT3 is the best selling game of the former generation with about 14 millions copies sold !

At that moment the PS2 userbase was around 20-25 millions !

It was really a killer-ap !

Doctor, am I normal?

Stop copying me, you sick sick man!

EDIT: Lol at some of the people who believe Forza will outsold GT5, the GT brand as a whole is a lot more powerful in my opinion. Forza will sell very well but it won't do as much as GT5 for sure. Just look at the almost 4millions for GT5p for a so called "glorified" demo and you'll see. (woops I almost fell for the fanboy trap :P)

I can see it now - the debates will continue after both games release; as we track the sales numbers to argue over which one is selling better.

The debate will continue forever!

LOL! :sly:

What Fanboy claptrap..

Never in my interwebz life have I heard that before. 💡

The more I read this thread, the more I'm reminded I need to add more to the $5 deposit I have on Forza 3 CE. :dopey:

Does anyone know what Sony's or PD's fiscal year is?

They might mean their 4th fiscal quarter, and that often is in the spring.

edit-
I didnt see the brochure, nor do I speak german. If the brochure was for dealers or something other than fans it could very well be the 2009 fiscal year.

It being in Germany is completely irrelevant.

I can hear everyone's feathers getting rustled...

Last edited:
Does anyone know what Sony's or PD's fiscal year is?

They might mean their 4th fiscal quarter, and that often is in the spring.

They never do release dates on Fiscals. You'd really confuse consumers this way. They stick to quarters and seasons.

Sonys fiscal ends March 31.
But that thing on the brochure was calendar, not fiscal, they would never ever put a fiscal year thing on something like that (especially not in Germany).

As for 1080p.. Blu-ray standalones are under £60 in places, and Sony quite rightly are moving into Films on Demand which is the MS option as well, which btw is 1080p.. and bugger all normal people care about 1080p.. it's only us enthusiasts.

BR Standalones at that price point are both very rare and not even close to the profile or spec of a PS3.

For a compariable standalone you need to start looking at the £150 - £200 price point, such as the LG-370.

Yes FoD will take a part of the market place, but do not even suggest that because its 1080p its compariable to BR, it has neither the bitrate (which is just as important) or the HD audio.

As for bugger all 'normal' people carrying about 1080p, well sales figures for both upscalling player and BR players and discs kind of disagree with you.

Now can we please get this thread back on topic (for the umpteenth time of asking).

Regards

Scaff

Since neither game is out yet, and all we know is part of FM3's feature list, with almost zero confirmed about GT5.. what is there to talk about? :D

What Fanboy claptrap..

This has been said for the last 18 months by fanboys, "It's the year of the PS3, it's going to surge ahead of the 360 which is dying".. and look where we are..

The analysts say the PS3 slim will stimulate growth for the next quarter, but Sony do need it, the PS3 was down on year on year sales for a lot of this year, but MS aren't daft, and you'd be mad to underestimate them..

It does sound like you 'want' the 360 to fail? why? competition is good, we want the 360 and PS3 to compete on level terms for as long as possible, it keeps devs and manufacturers on their toes, when will people realise this?

I do laugh when people call me a fanboy.

I have owned the 360 since launch and have 50,000GS. Check out the FM2 scoreboards if you disbelieve me. Hardly what you would call a fanboy lol.

When I first purchased my PS3 I hardly used it but now the 360 seems like cheap, plastic rubbish in comparison and I mainly use my PS3. Since I upgraded my HDD 320GB HDD my PS3 has come alive and I love how its much more than a gaming console.

At first I was dubious of 1080P HDTV and how much difference this would make. However after playing games on the PS3 and watching Batman darknight on Blu ray im convinced.

Im afraid MS believing in digital downloading is a mistake at the moment. Currently Blu ray is the future because digital downloading will take another 10yrs to properly take off. The simple reason is to download the contents of a Blu ray film would require at least 50-100MB download connection. At the moment this speed isn't widely available ISPS aren't ready to handle such large files. When you think ISPS such as Virgin media cap you after 2GB let alone 30GB.

Let me ask you this. Why would I pay £4 to rent a film from the 360 marketplace which doesn't include extras, DTS HD, Dolby true HD and expires in 24hrs. When I can rent a Blu ray for £2 which is 1080P, 7.1 DTS HD, extras, keep aslong as I like, doesn't require any downloading.

Have to pop off as im recording some TV on my PS3. Something else you can do on the multi media PS3!!

I shall just add that when you've had 4 360consoles packup on you in the spaceof 3yrs you come to a stage when you say enough is enough. The failure rate of the 360 is shocking and my description of cheap, plastic, crap is correct IMO.

Last edited:
I actually bought a 360 to play forza 3, but I have the feeling I won't be playing it much!

The problem is, that it doesn't support any decent steering wheel, other then the Fanatec.
I can't believe why a (big) company like turn 10, would let a small internet company like Fanatec sell their top wheel. Good for Fanatec I suppose, cause they will be getting a lot of orders.

I tried the Microsoft wheel with forza 2 and it's really, really bad!I Can't believe that a lot of the Forza players actually used cockpit's(like playseat etc.) with this wheel. It's like having a Ferrari with an old Ford diesel engine. Lot's off triple screen players around the internet who bought 3 games, xboxes and monitors. What a waste off money that is, no decent racing experience with that plastic, crappy, wobbly wheel.

Maybe i'm just spoiled with my G25?

I had a great deal on the xbox though, and with forza 3 in mind, I thought: I'll take it! Now I kind off regret that. Playing with the controller will be my only option now as I'm not going to spend money on another racing wheel, and I definitely won't spend that kind off money on a internet company like Fanatec. What if something goes wrong with the wheel? Sending it back will be to much of a hassle for me.

Yeah Forza 3 looks great and all, but without the support of good wheels it's useless!
Someone should make a device that would make the "normal" FFB wheels work on the xbox360!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back