Forzathon Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 656 comments
I quite honestly enjoyed this particular Forzathon! Had a blast in my Scout for the Lola event, discovered that the Dino is actually a very capable car in C class, and decimated some unsuspecting drivatars with my Ford Mustang Boss 302 Horizon Edition. ;)

Alright, just won the Lola :)

Had to upgrade me International Scout to class A but it was worth it.

Now to take the Lola out to do something it is totally not designed to do.... Go out into the Dessert for some Sand dune jumping :P

I found the scout at top C class to be a rolly understeering mess but I did the adventure got the Lola and sold the modded scout afterwards. Still overall impression of the Dino is kind of meh it's there but didn't get a good feel for the car. However the Falcon GT 351 or whatever the more modern one is was quite enjoyable to drive fairly well planted and good power. Now to save a couple million and get the last two HE cars I need being the Jag and the Skyline

I used the Holden for the online adventure. Not surprisingly, there were a lot of Holdens and Scouts out there. This Forzathon was just the right amount of effort versus reward. And what a sweet reward it is.

Won my Lola last night actually won one of the online races in my S1 corvette swapped Scout. Came in 3 for the final total.

Do you have to have Xbox Live Gold to win the Lola? I don't get it. I select International Scout, upgrade it, select online adventure, it tells me it's joining a group, synchronising blah blah blah and then I see while everyone else has a flag next to their name I've got nothing. WTF???

Do you have to have Xbox Live Gold to win the Lola? I don't get it. I select International Scout, upgrade it, select online adventure, it tells me it's joining a group, synchronising blah blah blah and then I see while everyone else has a flag next to their name I've got nothing. WTF???

Or the group has S1 category cars and so the Scout is ineligible...

Yea,having the same problem with my FX,it's ridiculous.:indiff:

If you're going straight into Online Adventure and not picking Custom Adventure then you'll end up in a random class lobby.

The flag deal simply means you joined while a race is in progress. Once they're done, you will be able to run in the next one.

This is probably my first completed Forzathon. Finished a championship in the Dino, won 5 H2H races in a Ford and Completed an Adventure in my bone stock Scout to get the Lola (it also counted for completing any event to get the Cr.). Now, I wait for the 599XX :mischievous:

When I was half way through the event to get the Lola my game crashed to the Xbox home page:mad:

So I had to restart and start another event and I finally got the Lola so well worth it:cheers:

Anybody know which engine's on the Lola? Small-block Chevy, I think?

The car's so worth the hassle of driving a Holden with the handling of an unguided rocket in a lobby full of people which are doing exactly the same thing. But honestly, I can't wait to give it a good thrashing on some iconic American racetracks...

Anybody know which engine's on the Lola? Small-block Chevy, I think?

The car's so worth the hassle of driving a Holden with the handling of an unguided rocket in a lobby full of people which are doing exactly the same thing. But honestly, I can't wait to give it a good thrashing on some iconic American racetracks...
That's why I picked the International Scout instead. :P

DK
That's why I picked the International Scout instead. :P

Heh. My reasoning was as follows: the Holden drives awfully as soon as it's upgraded beyond its original class, while the Scout is actually a pretty enjoyable offroader when it's not built into some demented clown car with a 1000hp LS engine. I originally wanted to build two Scouts, but I couldn't find one on the AH: so, I built mine to the top of B-class just in case I got the chance to use it, and a Holden to the most commonly picked class, which was S1.

I managed to join two B-class Adventures, but both were already started (and I still won!). Eventually I gave up, embarked on my Australian sheep-carrying chariot of death, and trudged through an S1-class adventure until I got my Lola. Then I proceeded to get both cars back in their stock form, of course.

I still tuned mine to the top of A-class. :embarrassed: The gears were a tad long once I hit >200km/h.

This one was incredibly easy. After buying a 458 Italia I did a few online races, wrongly thinking winning an online race would count for 2, but running a quick Surfers Circuit race got me the second challenge completed. Just have the bucket list one to do (which I'll do once I get home) and then I'll have my 599.

The online races were way more fun this time round than in the Holden ute. Pretty much everyone in the last 2 races was in some sort of modern Ferrari (aside from 1 C63 HE), the second of which I won partly down to a dirty driver in a 488 GTB holding back the C63 once I made some distance from him (even though the C63's best lap was 2 secs faster than mine).

Last edited:
Just a heads up: the first Forzathon event, win a race in a Ferrari, does not include head to head races.

How 'bout drag races at the Airstrip?
Aren't they online races? because I won an online race during an online adventure and it didn't count so I think it has to be a solo festival race.

Back