Forzathon Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 656 comments
Piece of cake of a challenge to get the S14. Getting 3 stars in 3 drift zones was harder than the objective with the AE86.

Could you show me an image? How did much you into the game as in early or later in the game?
I found what was the issue, the "Welcome to Horizon Online" didn't appear until I got out of the hub right after I activated my gold subscription.

I did the event last night, didn't want to risk waiting until today and possibly losing power (Wind storms are happening here, power already turned off and back on twice this morning). I completely forgot you had to use a specific car so I scored 35,000 points in my 2005 Elise which was not set up for drifting at all. After realizing my error I returned to the Horizon festival to buy the Trueno and upgrade it. Drove back to a drift zone and it was much easier with the Trueno. Hello S14 and thank you PG!

GetPhoto.ashx

I did the event last night, didn't want to risk waiting until today and possibly losing power (Wind storms are happening here, power already turned off and back on twice this morning). I completely forgot you had to use a specific car so I scored 35,000 points in my 2005 Elise which was not set up for drifting at all. After realizing my error I returned to the Horizon festival to buy the Trueno and upgrade it. Drove back to a drift zone and it was much easier with the Trueno. Hello S14 and thank you PG!

GetPhoto.ashx

Yeah, I was motivated by the same thing last night. I totally suck at drifting, so I was very pleased when my son popped up and said "Hey dad - you want me to give it a try?". Thank goodness I was able to get this car last night, along with the 15,000 XP for the 100K skill chain (using the GT-R HE).

Just in time too since my wife called this morning while I'm at work and we've now lost power. Just my luck - now that we're in between the two storms, we lose power. With the worst of the two storms coming tomorrow, I'm not holding out hope on power being restored (and lasting) any time soon.

Yeah, I was motivated by the same thing last night. I totally suck at drifting, so I was very pleased when my son popped up and said "Hey dad - you want me to give it a try?". Thank goodness I was able to get this car last night, along with the 15,000 XP for the 100K skill chain (using the GT-R HE).

Just in time too since my wife called this morning while I'm at work and we've now lost power. Just my luck - now that we're in between the two storms, we lose power. With the worst of the two storms coming tomorrow, I'm not holding out hope on power being restored (and lasting) any time soon.

Tomorrow will be the worst of it though it seems it's tracking further north now, we might be spared the full brunt of it (hopefully).

So I noticed if you look in the achievements tab in-game, you'll get some spoilers for future Forzathon events. The fact that there are achievements tied to them also strongly hints that these will be repeated in the future.

Every showdown at the airfield seems to have a C600 Mercury taking the win before anyone else has got to even halfway down the strip. Annoying. Getting the Falcon may prove to be a little bit tedious

Last edited:
Every showdown at the airfield seems to have a C600 Mercury taking the win before anyone else has got to even halfway down the strip. Annoying. Getting the Falcon may prove to be a little bit tedious

If you can enter a Car Meet with a Horizon Group it might get a lot easier.

I decided to give it a go tonight with my Caterham using a tune I found.

I started first as my car was the lowest ranked, but I would have still won if we all started at the same time. :lol:

I do not enjoy any of the cars in the track toy category and that's the first time I've tried drag racing. I'm glad some absolute gentleman of a 10 year old hit the brakes before the line to let me win because I sure was sick of that Caterham.

Can't you just go to the drag strip area with a friend and then let each other win? I assume not but I'm hoping it can be done. :lol:

Got it on my first try with an S1 Caterham.

As for the other 2 challenges:
  • A quick run from one end of the motorway to the other got me the 5 Near Misses.
  • For the 3-starring of Speed Zones I downloaded an S2 tune for my Jaguar F-Type HE and did the 3 tarmac-based zones south of Surfers Paradise.

Not into drag racing, so will skip the event and grab the car off the auction house instead. :)

Took 5 attempts at the drag races (3 in my S2 Mono HE and 2 in my S1 Caterham) to eventually get the FG Falcon. The Speed Zones objective was a lot harder.

For this Forzathon, I've used the Ultima. I converted the car to AWD and looked for Speed zones that have lots of opportunities to retain your overall top speed. For the near misses, go to the highway and drive on the opposite lane as you can easily get this very quickly. The drag race took me a while to do because other people have lower class cars that allowed them to go first.

I'll try tonight but I could get a drag race started I had one person join but he left after I started the drag race.

How do you even get to start the event for the #Forzathon Tear Up The Strip???

Won the race, got the car and it says it's completed in the #Forzathon menu on FH3.

But never got the achievement for it... :boggled:

Last edited:
I'll try this one when I'm more in the mood.

My original strategy did not work.

Use a Class A Lotus so that I get a head start, ended up getting swarmed on by a gang on Caterhams.

If all else fails I will just pick one up in the Auction house.

I had read this thread first, so I grabbed a Caterham, did the automatic upgrade to S1, and then lost badly at the drag strip. An automatic S1 upgrade doesn't make it S1/900, only about 940-something. So I went back to the Outback hub, got the engine upgrade and made sure it was a full 900. Went back to the drag race and lost badly. I didn't tune the final drive so the car was bouncing off the rev-limiter for the second half of the race. So then I went and got myself an actual tune that made my car more powerful and lighter at the same time. I went back to the race and just barely lost. It was a little slow off the line but had huge top speed. I was catching the car in front of me fast. He actually swerved to block me so I couldn't pass him. For the next race I adjusted the final driver for a little more acceleration and a little less top speed. I came in second. I adjusted it again in the same way and came in first. I think I ended up with a 3.50 final drive. Getting the 50 near misses was so easy, I got the award and I hadn't even started trying for it yet. It just happened naturally by driving extreme track toys from place to place. The real trouble for me was 3-starring the speed zones. The Caterham had the speed but not the grip. My Audi R8 race car had the grip but not the speed. Finally got three of them with the Ultima GTR which had both speed and grip.

As things stand, these are the objectives for the Warthog next week.
Screenshot-Original.png
  • Grab 2 Local Motors Rally Fighters.
  • Upgrade one to S1, the other to S2
  • Pause game, go to [Social] > [Online Adventure]
  • Select [Playground Games] when choosing a playlist.
  • Keep voting for S1 and S2 like everybody else :lol:

Can't anyone vote for anything below S1? Seriously...

This game has a lot of potential. First game I actually enjoy playing online. But people only choose the same class all the time. And if I dare to vote for something different, I get called a "homosexual" with the "f" variant.

I really wanted the Wathog thing.

Can't anyone vote for anything below S1? Seriously...

This game has a lot of potential. First game I actually enjoy playing online. But people only choose the same class all the time. And if I dare to vote for something different, I get called a "homosexual" with the "f" variant.

I really wanted the Wathog thing.

All the Extreme Offroad trucks are pretty close to the S class anyways so I don't mind that much this time at least.

It's rather annoying every other time though considering I find C-A classes much more enjoyable.

Edit: And of course the room it stuck me in was racing C class.:lol:

Last edited:
I finished tied for 1st in Flag Rush, but when the results screen came up, it ranked me 2nd and I got screwed out of the achievement. Anyone know if it's random or there's a tiebreak like XP earned or something?

Back