Forzathon Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 656 comments
Why is it so hard to just get into a :censored:ing game of infected?

Also, why is it so hard to host a new online adventure?

E28
Why is it so hard to just get into a :censored:ing game of infected?

Are you selecting Online Adventure > Custom Adventure > Games Only? You get put into a lobby with just party games in the playlist and at least one of the games is a round of infected.

Many thanks to the idiot who infected himself and started to infect other players while the first infected was letting the survivors run around :banghead:

Screw it, i'm buying one off the AH.

Last edited:
Are you selecting Online Adventure > Custom Adventure > Games Only? You get put into a lobby with just party games in the playlist and at least one of the games is a round of infected.
Yep, but then I either wait ages for an event to finish, end up in flag rush or king, or wait ages for an event to start.

E28
Yep, but then I either wait ages for an event to finish, end up in flag rush or king, or wait ages for an event to start.

Yeah, in those cases it can take a while to get into a game of infected. If there is one specific PG mode you want to do, you should expect to be in the lobby for about 6-7 events to guarantee you have played each mode. Not ideal if you have completed the other Forzathon objectives. :indiff:

Many thanks to the idiot who infected himself and started to infect other players while the first infected was letting the survivors run around :banghead:

Screw it, i'm buying one off the AH.

I just had this happen to me as well, only I was in the one initially infected. I jumped onto the platform at the construction site so nobody would accidentally bump me but someone jumped up there too with the intent of getting infected. He ended up chasing me for the rest of the game. :odd:

I got infected with 2 seconds remaining yesterday. What made it worse was the guy had missed me on screen; but lag meant that I got tagged after he went by.

Not too pleased with that.

Can we go back to challenged that don't involve being online please.

Next week's is all offline.

AERIAL ACROBATICS - 11/11/16 – 11/14/16 “Show off your aerial expertise”

DO A BARREL ROLL! – Perform 3 Barrel Roll skills to earn 20,000 XP

FLYING HIGH – Earn 3 Stars on 3 Danger Signs to receive 100,000 CR

EYES TURNED SKYWARD – Rack up 50,000 Ultimate Air skill points to win 3 wheelspins

DEADSTICK SPECIAL - 30% off AUDI #45 Flying Lizard, FORD Falcon XR8 and NISSAN Skyline GT-R V-Spec II

The barrel rolls objective is going to be nearly impossible.

Last edited:
I'm going to share something else on what happened when I was trying to get the F150 HE yesterday by playing infected. I became a soar loser one game when the infected player infected me first and chased him for part of the game and rammed him out of anger. I was just having bad luck in the infected games for a while that I lost control of myself and took it out on someone for just playing the game.

I ended up just buying the F-150 HE off the auction house. Probably paid too much for it ($900k) but it was worth it to not have to join another random online adventure. :lol:

I'm going to share something else on what happened when I was trying to get the F150 HE yesterday by playing infected. I became a soar loser one game when the infected player infected me first and chased him for part of the game and rammed him out of anger. I was just having bad luck in the infected games for a while that I lost control of myself and took it out on someone for just playing the game.
I think we all know this feeling. It's not something to be proud of, but it's easy to get frustrated when when we think other people are acting like jerks or not playing fair. The only thing you can do is tell yourself to be better than that and play fair. If you can't do that, turn the game off for a while, regain your composure and come back when you're feeling better.

I was hiding like crazy in my warthog behind those rusty ship parts in a single virus attempt, after 8-10 kings and flag rushes. Anyway got hit at the last seconds. Then did it easily in online free roam 1 min game. But overall it was a nice challenge, more interesting than the last I took part in( drift challenge to get Silvia I think).

The barrel rolls objective is going to be nearly impossible.
I made two in a row the other day simply by driving up a steep roadside hill and rolling off. Wish I could remember where on the map it was now.

upload_2016-11-11_9-56-30.png

As usual, a half hour before heading off to work is enough time to do all the challenges :)

For Barrel Rolls I recommend the construction site near Surfers Paradise. Head to the top floor of the "main building" (the one with 2 ramps) and drive off one of the ramps with 2 wheels. You should have enough air clearance below you to get the car to do a full roll. If not, rewind and adjust your speed on the approach.

The other 2 are easy enough. You don't need to "bank" your points when going for Ultimate Airs, the progress is counted while you're still in your combo. Also, to make that one go by quicker use a Horizon Edition Skills Boost car (I used the Lamborghini Huracán) and head to the Outback.

Last edited:
I made two in a row the other day simply by driving up a steep roadside hill and rolling off. Wish I could remember where on the map it was now.

Use the aeriel atom an hit those ramps by the airstrip. Hit w/ 2 wheels doing like 70 or so an easy as that. Took a few test runs to get it right. Overall took about 40 mins for me to complete.

While I was doing the latest Forzathon challenges, ANNA started talking in a very snarky tone. To preface this, I recently 100% the game. For the barrel roll challenge I went to the abandoned ship area that also had a danger sign. Since I was there for a long period of time, ANNA tells me that I already did all the PR, Races and etc and that there were no more new fans in Australia. She did this again, where I went to a different location.

While I was doing the latest Forzathon challenges, ANNA started talking in a very snarky tone. To preface this, I recently 100% the game. For the barrel roll challenge I went to the abandoned ship area that also had a danger sign. Since I was there for a long period of time, ANNA tells me that I already did all the PR, Races and etc and that there were no more new fans in Australia. She did this again, where I went to a different location.
Same thing happened to me.

Getting the BRAT was brutal. The multiplayer games are so uninteresting after you've played through them a couple of times. I hope they add some more single player stuff in upcoming Forzathons.

Getting the BRAT was brutal. The multiplayer games are so uninteresting after you've played through them a couple of times. I hope they add some more single player stuff in upcoming Forzathons.

It would probably help if there were more than 3 different ones as well (Infected is the only relatively fun one). Not to mention having to drive from location to location seems like a major chore.

This one didn't seem so bad to me. I even managed to win a game of King and Flag Rush, which I've never done before. I finished two different adventures in first, which is also a first for me. I collected 20 games and 100,000 points in landscaping at the same time. I think all told, it took me about 2.5 hours. And now I have a very cool little Brat HE. Bonus: It's an XP boost car.

The 3 spins for joining the online freeroam netted me 90k, 4k and a G65 AMG, so not at all bad.

Yeah the Multiplayer isn't all that great in this game. I like the seamless aspect of it but it gets repetitive real quick and there isn't that "push to get better" feeling you get from Motorsport. I only go online to do Forzathon these days and to join the occasional stream session.

Went and bought the Brat from the Auction House because I've been super busy elsewhere to get through the objectives.

Back