FP Motorsports invades Horizon!!!

• Thread starter zr1chris
  • 97 comments
Damn this game is difficult with the hardest difficulty level. I'm not sure if I've even won a single race yet! :lol:

I got fed up and moved it down to hard and I still barely take the lead on the last lap most of the times lol.

Just beat this game. That last race was uber hard on normal. I won't spoil anything, but that car you win is sweeeeet.

SummerHoliday.jpeg

Went for a little "holiday" in the JAaaaaGG ;) If anyone wants to do just some cruising/help me discover roads, feel free to invite! I'll be playing a bit more tonight. Not too late though, have to get up at 4.am... :lol:

I haven't played Horizon very much, but I'm finding it hard to enjoy the game. The demo really didn't impress me and the final product isn't doing it for me so far. I don't know what it is. :indiff: I'll keep playing and maybe it will grow on me. I'm playing on the hardest difficulty with all assists off except braking line.

@wiggs, I felt the same way the first 30 minutes of playing but then something clicked and I have been enjoying the game. I have barely done any green wristband events, pretty much have been looking for the upgrade discount signs and discovering the roads and of course taking pictures.

I had to morph out of my Forza 4 mode and get into my 'Cruisin' mode!

@wiggs, I felt the same way the first 30 minutes of playing but then something clicked and I have been enjoying the game. I have barely done any green wristband events, pretty much have been looking for the upgrade discount signs and discovering the roads and of course taking pictures.

My thoughts, exactly! 👍

My thoughts, exactly! 👍

I'll keep at it. I'm having a hard time getting used to no tuning and it seems the game is more about raw speed in super fast cars. I love tuning and driving the slower cars in Forza, and this just doesn't feel like Forza to me. Hopefully something will click soon and I can get out of my Forza 4 mode. :P

I'm stuck. The game says i've driven 215/216 roads, but the map shows everything white. WTF?

It took me a long time to find the last part of road I needed to get.. Looking at the map was a nuisance.. and it was hard to find it lol. Have you checked the highway on ramps? They count as roads to lol.

I'll keep at it. I'm having a hard time getting used to no tuning and it seems the game is more about raw speed in super fast cars. I love tuning and driving the slower cars in Forza, and this just doesn't feel like Forza to me. Hopefully something will click soon and I can get out of my Forza 4 mode. :P

That's one of my bigger concerns too. I'm not too deep into the game yet, but I hope I can avoid the A+ classes as long as possible... :P But it's pretty much about how you decide to play the game I think. If you want to drive around in a C class car, you can do that. And if you have a few good buddies to go online with, I think you can enjoy the game just as much with the slower cars too :)

I guess the key is to try and not think of this as Forza even though it feels really similar. Then it becomes very enjoyable when you don't compare it to FM4 all the time! 👍 Hopefully :D At least for me it did. OK the bro-stuff and things like that might put some people off, but just don't take it too seriously :lol: For example the music choices are just not for me so I tend to keep the radio off...

It took me a long time to find the last part of road I needed to get.. Looking at the map was a nuisance.. and it was hard to find it lol. Have you checked the highway on ramps? They count as roads to lol.

There was a tiny corner I hadn't driven. Got it now! :D

raw speed in super fast cars
Could you please explain why you think this? The only "raw speed" you need are for the cameras and the zones. And those aren't even necessary nor do you recieve any type of credits or points with them. I'm ranked 1st in popularity and have a gold wristband but I've yet to come across any R1 race and Ive only raced one or two r2 races.

Is there any way I could join this club? Now that I've got XBL Gold and I don't think the club I was in from Forza 4 is coming to Horizon. I do a lot of leaderboard work and am also up for any racing, cruising or messing around which may happen.

Is there any way I could join this club? Now that I've got XBL Gold and I don't think the club I was in from Forza 4 is coming to Horizon. I do a lot of leaderboard work and am also up for any racing, cruising or messing around which may happen.

Just fill out your info here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...tEX3c&hl=en_US and send me a message on Xbox Live as a reminder for next time I get on to send you an invite. Welcome to the club. :cheers:

Done, the link didn't work but I worked out it's the same spreadsheet that you use on the other thread. Thanks.

Could you please explain why you think this? The only "raw speed" you need are for the cameras and the zones. And those aren't even necessary nor do you recieve any type of credits or points with them. I'm ranked 1st in popularity and have a gold wristband but I've yet to come across any R1 race and Ive only raced one or two r2 races.

I haven't played more than a couple of hours, so I'm not exactly sure what's important and what's not. Every 5 seconds I get messages popping up saying my speed trap or whatever times have been beaten. That's where I got it from. I'll figure it out once I get a better feel for the game.

Like having 192 messages, LOL. My 'X' button is on it's last limb, I have been deleting so many messages as I have OCD and can't stand seeing that number there.

Are any of you guys winning races on insane? I had to drop down to hard before I started winning races. :embarrassed: Insane seems impossible for me to be very competitive....insane on Horizon seems much harder than the highest difficulty on Forza 4. :banghead:

Insane was really difficult to me. I had it on up until I got to the event where you race a bunch of minis, and if you win you get the car.. I could not for the life of me beat that stupid race.. after that I moved to hard. Even still have trouble every now and then on that.

I'm starting to enjoy this game more and more. 👍 I still miss being able to tune the cars and the driving physics are quite a bit more forgiving than Forza 4.....but that's probably not a bad thing in a game like this. I'm the worst drifter in the world and even I can drift in this game. :P

^^Awesome to hear. It does grow on you. Yeah at first I disliked the crashes but with a game like this it kind of fits.

So we can start calling you Wiggs the Drift King now?

Back