United States
Portland, OR
Jump_Ace
JUMPxACE
XBox360logo.jpg

ForzaPlanetlogo.jpg

:: FP_FRS Suggestion Box ::

FM4logo.jpg

If you have an idea for an FRS combo that we should use for future events, let us know!

All we ask is that you spend some time driving the combo yourself, to make sure you are having fun with it.

Be creative, feel free to think outside the box a little.

đź‘Ť

FP OLR Admin Team :cheers:

My idea would be to have normal stock cars like the mini cooper or the alfa mito for close fun races.

We are looking for something far more specific and something you have tried out.

Jerome

Title: "Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition"

Car: 2007 Leon Supercup (Spanish car)

Track: Hockenheim full

Basically a play of the Monty Python show, making a spanish car do a german track! :D

2 great ideas guys.

Jerome

"River rafting"
Range Rover Supercharged - Fujimo Kaido Stage D

"Mountain Cat"
Jaguar XJ220 - Fujimo Kaido Stage D Reverse

Combined time for both or as separate events.

Lets see...

I have always wanted to compare somehow the Firebird and Z28 that are only 1 difference in PI. (I believe like 302 vs 303). It can be on Sedona Club Reverse.

Also, I know the Gen1 Speed3 and the Gen2 Speed3 are close in PI and it would be nice to allow a choice of such similarly powered vehicles.

I will have to go home and see what other ideas I can come up with.

I had the idea also of making a "CUP" style Beetle/Protege/Yaris and giving out the required mods so everyone has the same car. This might be suited for something else but just an idea.

Title: "Nothing says Hi-tech like Vtec"

Car: Honda civic Type-R 2007

Track: Silverstone national.

More or less a tribute to honda's participation in F1, where the British Grand Prix was one of the last races in their second to last season before retiring completly from F1 in 2008.

Would it be possible to do the races in the leader board section instead of the free play hot lap so that you are still accruing xp and money towards levels and such?

EDIT: Scratch that you don't get anything there either. :dunce::banghead:

Here are 2 which I tried out earlier and had some fun with. The Abarth 500 at Tsukuba Full Circuit, I never would of thought this little car had so much grip and it was no slouch on the straights either. Then the Audi R8 5.2 at Road America, although I think a lot of the fun for me was listening to the car.

If we do an Abarth 500 week I would prefer Positano Reverse over Tsukuba. Maybe tune options too, with like an interesting PI? 375? We could also ban race parts to make the cars less a weird mix of race clutches/suspensions and street parts. This is all just my opinion though :P

If we do an Abarth 500 week I would prefer Positano Reverse over Tsukuba. Maybe tune options too, with like an interesting PI? 375? We could also ban race parts to make the cars less a weird mix of race clutches/suspensions and street parts. This is all just my opinion though :P

I second NOT racing as Tsukuba. I hate that track with a passion.

However, instead of prohibiting race parts, maybe just have people disclose their tunes.

So far, I like that we do some stock races and then an occasional tuned vehicle.

The only suggestion I have is to maybe not forget F,E,D and C classes as I personally like to race slow cars.

I don't really mind what track, I like all of them. I just suggested Tsukuba as it's quite a tight track which is mainly focused on handling and I haven't driven there for quite a while, the car also seemed to handle the track OK, when I drove the car on Mugello it would just start sliding as soon as it hit one of the high rumble strips which felt awkward to control in a front wheel drive car.

I also like racing slower cars, controlling the car and sticking to the racing line is easier for the less experienced players which would probably lead to less frustration, which usually results in the times being closer.

The Opel Astra Race Car suggested earlier is a very nice combo, I'm a lot worse with the faster cars in classes R3 and up but I don't care because it looks like a lot of fun.

For me, slower cars require just as much finesse to drive, and keep your speed, to obtain a good lap. Albeit, this is more fun on a small track that you can "zone in" on.

I can understand that Tsukuba is fun for many people, I just don't prefer it to others in the game. There are many aspects of the layout that appeals to almost any drivetrain having an advantage in a corner. It has a lot of...secrets...I guess you can say.

For any of the low classes I would suggest only of the Iberian circuits (but we raced the be Veloster here) or Ladera.

Other than that, I still feel like we should have a race where we can choose from two cars that have a similar drivetrain and performance index. I still need to find out what these cars might be...because right now all I know for sure is the Mazdaspeed3. Maybe rival cars like the STI and EVO but I will need to see which ones work out (and aren't DLC)

For the slower cars you have to be a lot smoother to maintain speed and you can be a lot more precise with where you want to steer at the slower speeds and most the time you don't have to worry too much about throttle control because the cars don't have enough power to really make a mess of it.

Now for a completely random, most likely impossible and stupid idea, how about some kind of event where it's almost like FM4 racers against GT5 racers, an organised event on this forum and a forum based around Gran Turismo where we use the same car and track (probably won't work due to different physics and tracks being different sizes and widths), and then players from both games run the event during the week and we can see which players are faster. One major problem is the amount of testing needed to make sure the times between games are equal and then you have all the arguments over whose physics are more realistic. My completely terrible idea. :lol:

I've also just noticed that we haven't driven anything 4WD yet, unless some people converted their Viper in week 3. I'm not too sure on any fun 4WD cars on forza, apart from the full tuned GMC Syclone which was almost impossible to control.

I watched the how to manage replays video (in hindsight) and noticed that a trail camera was used to view the video when checking for the correct line. I have been using a different method which I find easier. When the replay starts I pause it, change the camera to helicopter view and use the trigger keys to run the video, RT forward and LT reverse; releasing the trigger pauses. This allows for a top down view of the car while easily being able to stop and reverse if there is a section where it looks to be a close thing.

I don't know how well this method would work for a race, to determine who initiated contact (no brake lights visible). It does seem to work well for a time trial.

I prefer to use the chase view, run the replay using the trigger buttons and when it looks close then I rewind and just use the right stick to rotate the camera to the wheels which need to stay on track and see if I can see them crossing the limit. I think it's all down to personal preference and what people find easier.

For the race incidents you could probably just press the telemetry button and it will show if the driver the camera is focused on is attempting to brake, or any steering input they've done.

I take it that we try to not use DLC cars. I'd like to try something with the Ford Raptor. Maybe something in one of the other trucks shipped on disc for something different.

Yes, I have all the DLC packs but it wouldn't be fair for those who don't. If more people raced each week I would suggest a DLC league but attendance isn't high enough.

We aren't opposed to using dlc cars, 'usually' we want to wait until they've been out for a while. But we might make an exception for the Porsche car pack.

Jerome

A few days back I tried a stock Saab 99 Turbo on Stages C and D of Fujimi with good results... :mischievous:

Just something we can consider for Week 9.

If I can make any sense of this, what about some kind of consistancy event. Run the normal hot laps but take the fastest of 3 consecutive laps. So if one runs 13 laps and total time is fastest on laps 6, 7 and 8 being consecutive, even though your fastest 3 laps are 6, 8 and 12. Am I making any sense?

EDIT: May not go well since times would have to be written down and added for fastest 3 consecutive laps.

I follow you rabbit, we'll probably have that sort of event in the near future. More likely it will be the fastest first 3 laps in a row so people's laps don't get cut off with when the system stops recording the replays.

Jerome

Latest Posts

Back